GB HOMEPAGE

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/14/21 12:34 PM

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date revealed!

View the trailer here.

View the gameplay video here.

The place… Iraq. The time… 2003. In the shadow of the Zagros mountains a military unit comes under fire from Iraqi forces. The resulting firefight causes an earth tremor where both sides fall into the ruins of a buried Sumerian temple. With all communication with the outside world severed, our protagonists are trapped in a terrifying underworld they must navigate to escape - unaware that something ancient and evil has awakened in the shadows and has found new prey to hunt. Horrific discoveries and impossible decisions now face the survivors as they strive to escape the terrifying threat they’ve awakened. Will they each prioritize their own survival, or put aside their fears and personal rivalries to fight together as one against these underworld monsters? The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes will release in the Americas on October 22, 2021 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC via STEAM.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes will also have an exclusive Pazuzu Edition, which includes the House of Ashes game, the Pazuzu Edition box, an exclusive underworld creature figurine (9x9x10cm), a metal pin, exclusive art print, stickers, and access to the pre-order bonus, known as The Curator’s Cut. Day-1 access to The Curator's Cut opens up previously unavailable scenes with different playable characters and outcomes.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: connie

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/14/21 01:19 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/14/21 06:35 PM

Thanks Ana. Can't see this one either unless you sign in.

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/15/21 03:05 AM

These are all age restricted videos. I wonder if that's why?

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/15/21 03:34 AM

Probably, though I can usually view those on Steam. Not the other one though, and I don't see this game listed on Steam yet.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/15/21 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
These are all age restricted videos. I wonder if that's why?

I would think so, BrownEyedTigre yes
Posted By: rayette

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/16/21 05:07 PM

I love everything about the graphics and atmosphere of this game. But it sure looks like Action, not Adventure. Am I wrong? I hope so.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/16/21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by rayette
I love everything about the graphics and atmosphere of this game. But it sure looks like Action, not Adventure. Am I wrong? I hope so.

It certainly looks action-y to me.

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/16/21 06:18 PM

I couldn't find the game on Steam on the 14th when I first looked but did find it yesterday. One of their "tags" describes it as "action-adventure".

Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer and Release Date - 06/16/21 11:44 PM

This is the 3rd in the Anthology that we have announced, the previous was The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan and The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. None have action tagged and tags can be added by any member so it really is meaningless. There are lots of cutscenes so that too makes it difficult to tell. They have been promoted as adventures since early on, but each one is tweaked and slightly different in gameplay. I suggest waiting for its release and reading reviews.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community