GB HOMEPAGE

Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 10:43 AM

Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III is now available on Steam and GoG.

Check out the official website here.

Lost in space

Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III is a puzzle adventure game with countless brain teasers, in which two tourists - Bogard and Amia - find themselves engaged in a series of mysterious events. The protagonists are separated and, in order to find each other, must rely on a guide whose behaviour becomes more and more grotesque with every passing minute.

Find your companion

During their adventure on Regilus, the protagonists will visit seven different locations - each one a completely new artistic experience altogether. In order to find one another, Bogard and Amia must solve many intriguing puzzles with varying levels of complexity. Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III is a very player-friendly game. Choose a level of puzzle difficulty appropriate to your experience with games of this type. You will also have access to a digital guide, whose advice can be crucial in many situations. But are you sure you can trust it?

The game's creator and puzzle designer is the legendary Roland PantoĊ‚a - creator of critically acclaimed adventure titles such as AD 2044, Reah and the Schizm series.

Game features:

- Intriguing and engrossing puzzles that will test your ability to quickly associate facts and think abstractly.
- A dark and stunningly beautiful ecosystem on the planet Regilus.
- Superbly written, deep characters.
- A compelling and exciting story, whose finale will surprise even the most seasoned fans of the genre.
- A digital guide to help you in difficult situations and multiple difficulty levels to suit your experience.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 04:45 PM

For those interested, Nemezis has been released on Steam today. It was an instant buy for me. Seems to be two levels of difficulty and I'll stick with the 'hard' mode for now.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 05:00 PM

Thanks Mordack! I have it on my wishlist so I received an email about the release.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 05:15 PM

It was also released on GOG today. wave

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 05:43 PM

Better sale on GOG but I'm not ready to buy yet.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 07:55 PM

Not ready to buy it yet also, will have to put it aside for a Far Future buy when in several years from now I buy a new laptop, these Devs. keep insisting on making Adv. games that require powerful video cards, why is beyond my puny brain power. Syberia 1 and 2 were Fantastic games with GREAT Background and puzzles and are entered in the Hall of Fame not only in this Wonderful Forum but many other ADV. game forums, yet S 1 and 2 did not require Super duper Video card or a Gaming machine type computers. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/08/21 08:05 PM

I agree with you, Starcom. But some adventure game developers want to look like they are staying au courant with high-end technology, also probably with the hopes of attracting a wider audience. A powerful video card seems unnecessary for an adventure game; I too have played some great adventure games with low system requirements. But as you say, c'est la vie...
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 01:27 PM

WooHoo! joy

Thank you Sheriff...download can't happen fast enough. Have all note pads, rulers and colored pencils at the ready.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 03:15 PM

Enjoy, GreyFuss! thumbsup

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 06:53 PM

Let us know how you like the game GreyFuss!

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 07:20 PM

I love it and I only played for 30 minutes wink thumbsup bravo

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 07:25 PM

That's fantastic!! happydance

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/09/21 07:28 PM

Great GreyFuss! Have fun!!
Posted By: robedits

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/10/21 02:54 PM

I hear you. I have a relatively new desktop PC, and although the prologue demo for Nemezis looks great, it's not THAT well-optimized (and my PC is in great shape, all up to date, newest drivers etc). My desktop PC sounds like a passenger jet taking off from the tarmac at LaGuardia when I play this game. This isn't the ONLY game that makes my PC chug, but there aren't many that do...and it's one of them. Again: demo looks beautiful and brings back memories to me of the original Schizm (?) games, and it runs OK...just not THAT well-optimized even for a newish PC.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 02:37 AM

Sorry to hear that robedits, a relatively new desktop PC and it "still sounds like a passenger jet taking off from the tarmac at LaGuardia" (That made me LMAO).. Anyway, that is the demo and I hope for your sake they make some technical adjustment before the final release so you can play it with ease.

To GreyFuss: Glad you are enjoying the game and No rush to answer me since mentioned before, I won't be buying this game any time soon but I always keep my eyes open for Really Big sales to buy the game and put it aside for the future, so the question is:

Can this game be played with the Mouse only or does one must use Both Mouse and Keyboard or is it Keyboard only. Thanks

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Starcom
Sorry to hear that robedits, a relatively new desktop PC and it "still sounds like a passenger jet taking off from the tarmac at LaGuardia" (That made me LMAO)..

It made me laugh too. Having taken off from the tarmac at LaGuardia before, it was very easy to conceptualize. laugh

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 08:04 AM

@Starcom

Yes - Yes & Yes... All of the above. I am using the Mouse Only where you steer with the mouse and Right click and Hold to walk in the direction you move your mouse too. In addition, you can Save anytime and to make sure you don't forget, the game has an Auto Save when you exit the game. You also can Load any Save if you want to go back. There are two playing modes, Hard and one with Hints. I am playing the Hard but.....

Right now I am hopelessly stuck on one puzzle needed to advance but because I have played the other games I am not surprised.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 08:11 AM

I must say that I do miss these types of games. We need more. Although this one wasn't as difficult as Schizm, I don't think any game will ever be.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 08:14 AM

@Mordack

You have finished???

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 10:03 AM

I have indeed. Makes me want to go back and replay the series. I have the orginal DVD version of Schizm.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 10:33 AM

That was fast. May I ask how many hours it took you to complete? I am curious....did you play on Hard or with Hints?

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 05:24 PM

I played on hard, needed no hints and I can only guess about 7 hours because I left it on Saturday while I went out.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 06:21 PM

Wow, 7hrs on Hard is great Mordack. I am into it 5hrs and still in Chapter 2 mostly because it has taken me 3hrs to figure out the left big wheel which drove me crazy. Luckily for me, thats over with. crazy

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 06:37 PM

Glad you guys got a laugh from my "imagery." WOW does this game make my desktop LOUD. Needs better optimization.
Also: something thing I noticed, somewhere on Steam, and also on some of the "postcards" shown in the demo when you click on the visual screen "stations": different environmental vistas (one was a beach-area?).
Why aren't some of the areas shown on these screens in the game? (Beach area, etc). I think I remember the original Schizm and these areas weren't in it. ANd apparently they're not in this (full) game,either. SO, what do they represent? DIfferent planets?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 07:42 PM

LOL! Greyfuss, you sound like you are in gaming heaven!

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 08:28 PM

Hi robedits , yes your Imagery described exactly what I go through with these type of games, just out of curiousity, what are the Specs. of your PC?

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 09:49 PM

Here are my specs. It's a relatively new Dell desktop PC (purchased end of 2019):
--Running Windows 10 Home 64bit on a Dell Inspiron 5090 desktop PC. Intel Core i7-9700 CUP@ 3.00 GHz [8-Core/8-Thread 12M Cache, 4.7GHz Processor w/ Intel Turbo Boost Technology]. 16 GB memory. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 and NVIDIA High Def audio. All completely updated w/ latest drivers and Win 10 updates. Running game at 1920X1080 on standard monitor.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/12/21 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Draclvr
LOL! Greyfuss, you sound like you are in gaming heaven!

You know me well Tomato Queen wink

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/13/21 03:45 AM

WOW scared robedits, that is very decent Horse-Power machine you have, you should Not have any trouble playing the Actual game itself, you have Double the RAMs required and you have Triple the Video card requirements to play. So it is more likely the demo that gave your machine trouble, to be on the safe side, check out the GOG forum to see if anyone has trouble with the game matching your specs, Video card, but I still cannot imagine you having any trouble playing this game.... Smoothly..... bravo
Posted By: colpet

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/13/21 11:07 AM

Oooh!! Can't wait until I have the time to play and savour this game. rah

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/14/21 12:51 PM

Starcom: thanks for the reply. Yes it's a good rig and honestly, this isnt the ONLY game that makes my pc run LOUDLY, but there aren't many that DO. THe ones that are poorly optimized do, that's for sure. THis game runs very nicely, and looks just fine (the demo, anyway), no jittering or bugs or hiccups...but I cant see myself playing a lenghty,tough-puzzle FULL version of the game while my PC chugs along loudly. Just too much noise and too much to worry about, so I"m passing on it. Still would love to know what all those "postcards" are representing if the areas represented on them AREN'T in the actual full game. TOo bad, the areas look nice enough that I would possibly purchase the full game just to "visit" them!

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/14/21 08:58 PM

robedits, I did a lot of reading from both the Steam and GOG forums and they ALL Say the Demo was like an early draft and there were many tweaks needed for better gaming that were missing from the Demo, So I would wait for a good sale and or continue to monitor the feedbacks from these forums, and I am confident that with your machine You will be able to play it without the noises or lags you witnessed in the demo. Also, having THE Latest Video Driver updates is not always the best thing to do, too many people feel that they have to update their drivers to the latest one and many times that is worst then sticking to what you already have "The old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it" So you could ask the advice from the experts from this Forum about drivers, etc.
Good luck

PS: If had a powerful machine like yours, I would wait for a really good sale and jump on this game.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/15/21 12:07 PM

Great points, Starcom. I also believe in the "if it ain't broke..." axiom, for most things. IMHO, WIn 10 updates, ALWAYS. But not so for browsers like FIrefox, etc. I was an editor in television for close to 40 years before I retired and every single software update had problems, not to mention hardware updates. Sometimes, the major editorial "machine makers" (Avid, for instance), made major "upgrades" that were often just so they could "beautify" the user interfaces...which they often changed for NO reason other than to justify the younger market/competition ("look at how shiny and new we look now!")...mostly for the younguns who wanted "kewl" looks more than important bells and whistles. But internet protections/upgrades I steadfastly believe in. Just not so much interface changes if not needed. One of the reasons I keep my internet drivers UTD is that SO many of the new games coming out for PC use the latest drivers, and so many programmers and updaters/patchers use the latest drivers, so they sort of force gamers buying new-ish games to be compatible with what THEY tested on or updated FOR. It's a vicious cycle.
I don't care much for shoot em ups or racing games (etc), and I am a keyboard/mouse ONLY person (no controllers, wheels, consoles: blech!), and for the longest time I was an adventure-games ONLY player (still am...mostly), and I've found in the past that the bulk of the adventure games didn't ALWAYS need the highest powered-PCs. Unfortunately, that is absolutely NOT the case any longer, it seems.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/16/21 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mordack
I must say that I do miss these types of games. We need more. Although this one wasn't as difficult as Schizm, I don't think any game will ever be.

I'm finding the second game (Chameleon) to be harder than the first game was and I'm using a walkthrough for a lot of the game.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/21/21 07:43 AM

At last a game I know I am going to have fun with Phew !!Its been a long time coming . Hope my laptop can cope.I am at my daughters in Lanzarote for a month and this is the icing on the cake . Yay
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/21/21 12:12 PM

Enjoy the game and your visit maggsie!
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 07/21/21 02:20 PM

I certainly will BrownEyedTigre . Its been nearly a year since I saw her. So celebrations all round .
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 08/17/21 08:03 PM

Does anybody know, is the prologue just the beginning of the game or is it something additional before the start of the game? The prologue is on Steam. If you play the prologue and then play the game, will it start you where the prologue ended or do you have to replay that portion (if it is the beginning of the game).

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 08/18/21 12:42 AM

This doesn't entirely answer your question, but I did find this in the Steam forum regarding the prologue.

Re: Nemezis: Mysterious Journey III Now Available - 08/18/21 01:59 AM

Thanks Marian!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community