GB HOMEPAGE

Mr. Bill

Posted By: The Haze

Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 12:21 AM

I recently attempted to visit Mr. Bill’s Adventureland. The home page loaded without the “Contents” list on the left hand side so I could not use the site. I also noted that a review listed as “New” was, in fact, about nine years old (I know because I wrote it.) Does anyone know if Bill is still active or around at all?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 12:52 AM

According to our GameBoomers info, Mr. Bill last logged into GameBoomers on May 19th of this year. Hopefully someone else will have had more recent contact with him and know more.

I don't think his site has been updated in quite a while and when I try to go there now, I get a "We're having trouble finding that site" message. I am thinking he may have retired it.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 02:04 AM

On 11/23/21 I posted a link in the hints forum to his Syberia 3 walkthrough by going through the "World of Adventure" link above. I didn't have any problem at that time but it does not come up anymore now. frown
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 04:11 AM

Mr. Bill's wife Lela passed away in 2018 and I thought he moved after that. He may have let the website hosting lapse. I'll see if I can get hold of him.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 04:19 AM

I can't get to the website either. This is strange. My first thought was that he hadn't renewed the rights to the domain name. But when I checked it, it turns out that the registration expires in December 2022. It's also possible that his subscription to the server on which the website was located has expired.

Let's hope everything is OK with old Bill. I have occasional contact with him, and I've dropped him an email about this. The email wasn't returned, which strongly implies that his internet subscription is still active.

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 02:40 PM

Mikael, that's what I checked too. Hopefully, it's just a temporary thing.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 05:11 PM

Here's what I see using Firefox -

This domain has expired. If you owned this domain, contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. If you need help identifying your provider, visit https://www.tucowsdomains.com/
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 06:04 PM

Bad news. My email to Bill was returned yesterday, which most likely means that his internet subscription has expired.

InlandAZ: That's probably just a standard text when the web site can't be reached for one reason or another. The domain doesn't expire until December 7 2022.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/11/21 07:51 PM

It may just be a DNS issue then.

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 03:34 PM

I contacted a family member. I will let you know if I hear back.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 03:45 PM

Oh, good. Thank you, Ana.

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 08:05 PM

I am happy to say his stepson is giving him a call letting him know we are concerned! Awesome news! hearts happydance
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 08:13 PM

That's wonderful, Ana! Thanks so much for helping us out here. hearts

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 08:30 PM

The wonders of the age of internet sleuthing. lol
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 09:12 PM

Whew!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Mr. Bill - 12/12/21 09:19 PM

bravo Ana!! smile