GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Blood Nova

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Blood Nova - 01/22/22 05:48 PM

Blood Nova - a pixel-art point & click adventure game by the developer of The Corruption Within and others.

View the trailer here.

Check out the kickstarter page here.

Check out the Demo here.

ABOUT THIS GAME

The powerful and prosperous Velayan Empire has reigned peacefully for over three centuries, even as distant galaxies ā€“ connected to the empire by a string of star channels ā€“ have been wracked by war.

Now the empress is abdicating the throne. Her eldest daughter, Princess Love, must take her place. But when Love becomes the target of conspirators seeking to thwart her ascension, she becomes trapped aboard an interstellar lighthouse, with only her best friend and protector, Kel Yakkavan, by her side.

Love and Kel must expose the threat and save the empire before time runs out.

Blood Nova is a modern point and click adventure game set in a unique and original science fantasy universe. It tells a story of adventure and conspiracy, depicted in classical pixel art.

As Love you will explore an interstellar lighthouse called The Looping Vale, solving creative puzzles and meeting a cast of eccentric characters, each with their own hidden motivations and desires.

The game is brought to you by Cosmic Void (The Corruption Within, Void Breach), Ross Joseph Gardner (Half-Life: A Place in the West), and Donovan Jonk (Megahammer Studios).

05.01.2022: The demo is now live! It takes about an hour to beat and showcases the first part of the game, so go ahead and play it!
MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

Blood Nova is intended for mature audiences, containing scenes of moderate violence and mild threat. The story deals with themes of political intrigue and political oppression.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/22/22 06:56 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre šŸ™‚
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/22/22 09:10 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: connie

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/23/22 09:43 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/23/22 11:14 PM

Thanks Ana, got this on my to play list
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 05:17 AM

I feel so ambivalent when I watch trailers for games like this. On one hand, I get this nice, nostalgic feeling from the good old Sierra/Lucas Arts days. On the other hand... It simply gives me a headache to view pixelated graphics today. I have to pass on games like this, although Iā€™m sure that I miss out on some great games.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 05:00 PM

Mikael, it makes me absolutely nauseous to even look at the screens and playing them would give me a migraine. I am always dumbfounded at how crazy people get about these games on my FB adventure groups. I can't wrap my head around it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 05:23 PM

I have no problems at all with this kind of pixelated game provided that the game is good - and I am very nearsighted and wear progressive lenses. I did start playing computer games in 1982, though, so perhaps my tolerance is born of long familiarity. I can't believe that was almost 40 (!) years ago now. scared
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 06:13 PM

No problems for me, either, if the game is a good one šŸ˜‘
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 07:38 PM

I have, and have enjoyed, some of the pixelated games but some I look at just look like blocks of blob. My gaming started later in life. When I started playing the first Blackwell game, I actually emailed Dave Gilbert to ask about the graphics because I thought maybe there was something wrong with my game or my computer. yes
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Blood Nova - 01/29/22 10:06 PM

That's funny about the email to Dave Gilbert, but I understand why you asked him if you hadn't played any games like that before. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community