GB HOMEPAGE

Opsys and its reward 10000$

Posted By: mike_bn

Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 03/28/22 10:34 AM

In my quest to find new puzzle games, I stumbled upon Opsys some time ago (and even a walkthrough by MaGtro).
I heard about a 10.000 dollar reward in real life for the person who completed it first ( = found all 100 coins), I was just wondering -
did just really happen, was there an announcement about the person who solved it first, if so is there a internet source/article for it? I find the concept
intriguing. But then again, I am wondering how to prevent that a developer tells the solutions to a friend to get the money themselves....
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 03/28/22 01:42 PM

Per Wikipedia "Production
Lemon Interactive, the game's Polish developer, announced a competition where by the first player to find all the coins would win 10,000 dollars, but the competition was never finalised. The competition was also extended to the English-speaking world.[2] The demo version lacked some gameplay elements and only allowed players to walk through the wardrobe in their own apartment to the virtual reality lab, and access the temple VR, tomb VR and theatre VR.[3]"
Posted By: mike_bn

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 03/28/22 07:18 PM

Thanks, Ana. I had no idea there is a wikipedia entry for Opsys
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/03/22 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
Per Wikipedia "Production
Lemon Interactive, the game's Polish developer, announced a competition where by the first player to find all the coins would win 10,000 dollars, but the competition was never finalised. The competition was also extended to the English-speaking world.[2] The demo version lacked some gameplay elements and only allowed players to walk through the wardrobe in their own apartment to the virtual reality lab, and access the temple VR, tomb VR and theatre VR.[3]"

Originally Posted by mike_bn
Thanks, Ana. I had no idea there is a wikipedia entry for Opsys

Oh, that article is totally wrong lol

Lemon Interactive was not this game's developer - it was just its distributor in Poland.
The game was developed by Hypermedia from Nicosia, Cyprus - there would be totally no reason for a Polish company to develop a game in Greek and about Cyprus smile

Lemon Interactive did announce the contest, in Poland, like other distributors and the developer/publisher themselves had it announced in other countries.
So, the Wikipedia article's source proves that that Polish contest (for 10000 złotych, not dollars) was never finalized - but that does not mean that the 10000 USD contest for English-speaking world was never finalized either. Although I was never able to discover its results...
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/03/22 05:32 PM

Good to see you posting Iurii! Hope you are well and safe!
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/04/22 02:23 AM

Thanks! I am fine and safe for now smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/04/22 03:14 AM

That's good news Iurii! Let's hope it stays that way!
Posted By: connie

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/04/22 11:43 AM

Very Good news Iurii. smile
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Opsys and its reward 10000$ - 04/17/22 07:51 AM

Thanks for the extra info Iurii and glad to hear you are managing okay still. I totally remember this game and also am curious whatever happened to that prize. Maybe someone can still claim it ... <joke>
© 2024 GameBoomers Community