GB HOMEPAGE

What Adventure are You Playing?

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/20/22 11:30 PM

What's your current gaming pleasure?

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/20/22 11:56 PM

I recently finished Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock which I enjoyed and am still playing Call of the Sea which I'm also enjoying.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 12:00 AM

I am replaying Arthur's Knights 1 and 2. After that, I will be playing some old Kheops games that GOG got in early last week, one of which I have played before and two I have not.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 01:36 AM

I don't have time to play games this time of the year, since I'm busy shooting for my own game during the very short summer we have in Sweden. This, however, gives me the opportunity to stack up on games that I can look forward to playing when I get the time. On the top of that list is 3 Minutes to Midnight and TAPE: Unveil the Memories (and, of course, Return to Monkey Island and Open Roads if they will be released before the end of the year). Return to Monkey Island kind of goes without saying, and Open Roads is from Fullbright Studios, that gave us the excellent Gone Home and the equally brilliant and highly unusual Tacoma.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 02:12 AM

3 Minutes to Midnight is not out yet though right? But should be sometime this year. Or is it out somewhere but just not on Steam yet?
Posted By: ergggo

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 12:28 PM

I'm easily getting in 10,000 steps/day by exploring the island in Ghost on the Shore. I was enjoying Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, but got stuck in one spot getting killed so many times I had to stop playing. Looking forward to these releases: The Adventures of Bryan Scott, Harold Halibut, South of the Circle, House of DaVinci 3 and the next Carol Reed game.
Posted By: Orion

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 12:42 PM

I finished Mission Critical not too long ago and am almost done with Pegasus Prime , 2 of my most favorites. I have started Garage: Bad Dream Adventure and will do full time when Prime is finished. When I get wound up I grab a glass of wine and mess with Glass Masquerade . Have also been checking out some recent Demo's

Mikael...Sounds great you shooting a game. Looking forward to its release. I am available for acting. I need round trip air, lodging, food, spending and will take a percentage of sales. Let me know when tickets are ready please. LUV Sweden. You are very lucky

Are those Carol Reed games your games? If not do you have a website with your games?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 02:20 PM

Orion, Mikael's website for his Carol Reed games is http://www.mdna-games.com/

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 02:58 PM

Thank you Draclvr. That is the same site I linked. I had no idea about these games. I will check them out
Posted By: KatieB

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 03:10 PM

I recently played and enjoyed Crowns and Pawns and Voodoo Detective. Then I (admittedly, rather belatedly) discovered WadjetEye games. Loved Unavowed, then played all the Blackwell games in order, then A Golden Wake. I played the short but enjoyable Intruder in Antiquonia (new), and most recently played the older Unforeseen Incidents. I will check out some of the games mentioned in this thread, although I am a little limited because I only enjoy playing true point and click games on a Macintosh.
Posted By: robedits

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 03:36 PM

I recently finished a couple of Tonguc's games (Cions of Vega and Redress of Mira). Finished The Town of light and Martha is Dead (both beautiful games with horrifying storylines), The Fabled Woods and The Alien Cube were lovely games, but not very well optimized and their lack of saves means you can't re-visit areas, which I hate. The Last Days of Lazarus was another gorgeous game with a terrifying storyline. One of the most magnificent adventures in a long time: Syberia, the World Before was a pleasure to play! It took me many hours to complete, but it's one of the best games I've ever played. A while ago I enjoyed playing the remastered "Riddle of the Sphinx." Absolutely adored "Eastshade"...finished that a while ago, but re-visit from time to time for the amazing visuals. Same with Xing: The Land Beyond. A beautiful game and a lovely soundtrack and storyline. Finished that a year or so ago.
There have been many others, but these all come to mind and the experience was great. I love my Steam!
Posted By: Leeana

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 03:59 PM

I have been this is like Take 3 times playing Silent Footsteps As Well as Carol Reed Games ( <<<<Devoted to Carol Reed)) speaking of which is she ok Im worried waiting for her next game which I believe is #18 .... as Im typing this Im singing my OH carol song / karaoke .... Please if anyone sees her tell her a BIG fan is waiting for #18 Thank You ......

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/21/22 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
3 Minutes to Midnight is not out yet though right? But should be sometime this year. Or is it out somewhere but just not on Steam yet?

No it isn't. My mistake.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/22/22 03:31 AM

Okay, thanks Mikael. Just making sure!
Posted By: CountZero

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/22/22 05:03 PM

Haunting at Cliffhouse
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/23/22 04:05 AM

I have a question for those who are playing or have finished Syberia, the World Before.

Did you muddle through Syberia 3 before starting it, or did you skip it because of the poor reviews?

If I skip it, will I miss any important info in the story line?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/23/22 05:33 AM

I have not yet played Syberia The World Before except for the Prologue, so I am only assuming that it would kind of explain why Kate is where she is at the start of the game. However, I think Syberia 3 was an excellent game that should be played regardless of what some reviewers had to say!
Posted By: ergggo

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/23/22 12:40 PM

Uncle Reg, I agree with oldbroad that Syberia 3 is very much worth playing. They added point & click mouse control with a patch after release, which made a huge difference in playability for me. Oldbroad, in The World Before they do a great job of reminding us of how Kate ended up where she is and filling in any gaps. A great game, very beautiful with stunning views from many interesting angles, beautiful graphics and the right amount of challenge, at least for me.

Also, forgot to mention above that I'm currently replaying House of DaVinci 1.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/23/22 04:58 PM

Thanks ergggo!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/26/22 05:28 AM

I finally made it through Chapter 5 of Call Of The Sea. The first part was not too hard, but when I got to the part about getting through the gate before it closed, I had a hard time figuring it out. I read through 3 different walkthroughs before I knew what I was supposed to do. I did finish the level on a high note. I nailed that last four sided flow puzzle on the first try.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/26/22 06:43 AM

I'm in the middle of Chapter 6 Uncle Reg. I used a walkthrough on the first puzzle in Chapter 5 but after that I was able to get the rest of them. Have you been enjoying the game?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/28/22 03:58 AM

Today I started a replay of The Omega Stone and tonight I started Norco. I did not play Norco very long but I have a feeling I'm not going to understand one bit of it.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/31/22 11:49 PM

I just finished a cute free adventure game called The Lost Dachshund. If anyone is in the mood for a lighthearted hour I recommend it!

The Lost Dachshund

Ana wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/01/22 12:22 AM

Thanks for the head's up on this game Ana! It does look cute. I've put it on my Wishlist for now so I don't lose track of it.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/01/22 01:52 AM

Finally got to Syberia: The Time Before and am thoroughly enjoying it. I switch between that and Myst V: End of Ages because I like it and replay it often.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/01/22 02:34 PM

The Haze, I have started both Myst 4 and Myst 5 a number of times but have never finished them and I don't know why. Maybe I just got stuck. I don't remember. I will have to try them again using this site. It seems to be a very good one, lot'sa info here. Looking it over is making me want to start 4 up now. TOO MANY GAMES, not enough time.......

Enjoy Syberia

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/02/22 03:05 AM

I don't want to start a review argument here, but I too played Syberia 3. I liked it, but I liked it much less than the first two games. It seemed harsher and far more "Televisionish" than any of the other three. It can be skipped with little effect on "...World Before" except (As mentioned above) you'll have no idea why Kate starts the last game where she does, in fact, start. I generally tend to play all the games in a series, in order, and I am glad I played all three Syberia games before starting the fourth games. [Unsought opinion here: I am very nearly finished with Syberia: The World Before and it is almost a perfect game. It has a reasonable plot; a collection of puzzles which range from very easy to fairly difficult; and the voice acting id excellent. Most important for these games, the graphics are gorgeous! Enjoy!]

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/02/22 03:19 AM

I must admit that MYST IV is my least favorite of all the MYST games. For some reason MYST V just clicked with me. I tend to be more of a reader than a gamer (I'm a retired and aging English teacher) and the five MYST games seem to form one long but well-structured novel. That can only be true because MYST V is a brilliant and effective, if melancholy, conclusion.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/04/22 05:17 PM

The Haze I don't know if you are aware the history of Myst. Very interesting and brings the story full circle. Most recently done. I figure as a english teacher and one who likes to read you probably have already been here one way or another

The 5 Myst games and URU have a deep history prior to the games. There is a lot more to Myst then the games. There is a pre-Myst History. As it evolves it will place itself, at times, into one of the 6 games . You get the complete chronologies, how ages came to be and character lore in this video. There is some length to it but well worth ones time....that is if one played all and liked the Saga / Story

The World of Myst - The Full Saga - Complete Chronologies

3 hrs 9 mi and 30 sec into the video the author here goes over all the endings in all 5 games explaining how they will occur during gameplay

Myst - 3 endings
Riven - 8
Exile - 9
IV - 2
V - 2

Here is a 4 part series explaining Myst and more about the saga, all lore videos

Part 1 is called The Book of Atrus . This vid gives the history of Artus and his doings leading up to the game Myst.

Part 2 is called The Stranger . The stranger is the player, us. Here you get the history of Myst Island, the two brothers and more

Part 3 is called The Stranger"s Trial on Riven . A deep dive into the explanation of Riven including history of

Part 4 is called A Stranger of the Past . Complete explanation of Exile

The author here never got around to explaining Myst IV & V even though he said he would

How Obduction is the Inverse of Myst and Riven - Obduction explanation. Well done

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/05/22 03:36 AM

Orion; Thanks for the list. I will admit I have seen most of the videos; read all the novels and played all the games several times. (I still think, even after perhaps 20 years, that URU is the best looking game ever made.) I even have copies of "From Myst to Riven" and both comic books. However, I have no knowledge of "How Obduction is......" I'll have to find it because Obduction is one of the very few MYST-clones that I actively disliked and refused to finish. Perhaps that explanation will help me see what I didn't understand.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 06:32 PM

Finished Norco - enjoyed it. Finally finished replay of The Omega Stone - didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would and had to use a walkthrough for a good portion of the game. I guess I'm getting spoiled by easier games these days. I also replayed Destination Treasure Island - still love it after the 3rd play.

Still contemplating what is up next but in my mind at the moment is The Secrets of Da Vinci - The Forbidden Manuscript (an old game that I have not played) and maybe Botanicula, also pretty old and never played. I have a lot of games downloaded that I want to play like now, so I'll see which icons gets clicked on lol.

Orion, have you been playing Garage: Bad Dream Adventure?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 06:52 PM

Syberia 4! Loving it.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 08:07 PM

Oldbroad I take it you have played Riddle of the Sphinx at sometime. I thought that was a very good game and actually want to play it again, that Enhanced Edition with all the goods already bought. VERY tempting

You know it dawned on me that I have never seen a download for The Omega Stone. I tried to locate a download for it and the only place I found it is at Big Fish . I am suprised that Steam or GOG doesn't have it. I wonder why. I have the boxed version. Have yet to play it though

I have not started Bad Garage yet. It won't be long though. Finishing up Strangeland . It will be next for me during the day. When the wife gets home from her little vaca I know she wants to start Call of the Sea . So do I. Looks great!

I say play Destination Treasure Island again smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 09:57 PM

Yes Orion. I played both Riddle of the Sphinx and The Omega Stone years ago from disc in XP.

Earlier this year I played the Enhanced Edition of Riddle. I had trouble at the beginning not finding a clue I needed but I figured out the puzzle anyway and after that all was well. I got stuck a lot but only accessed the walkthrough one time near the end. I had totally missed a spot and that spot held the clue I needed. I had a little trouble with the controls but I did really enjoy playing the game.

My replay of The Omega Stone was the Big Fish download and I played it in Windows 7. It played fine but the game apparently stayed open in the background after exiting. I guess you can "end task" in task manager to stop it. I just played before shutting down my computer for the night instead of doing that.

Are you enjoying Strangeland? I'm guessing yes since you didn't abandon it. I thought it was a pretty good game with a minor annoyance here and there if I remember correctly.

Maybe you mis-read my post? I just finished replaying Destination Treasure Island. I've played it from disc in XP and also from Big Fish on both Win 7 and now on Win 10.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 10:23 PM

Nooo oldbroard I did not mis-read your post. Having played it 3 times and REALLY LIKING IT... I thought you might want to play it again. My sense of humor does not go over to well here.

What can I say about Strangland for now....VERY Strange!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/20/22 10:25 PM

lol I admit, I wasn't sure if you meant it or not!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/06/22 05:45 PM

Finished both Botanicula and Secrets of DaVinci.

Botanicula had a bit more crazy clicking than I like, which might have just been me, but it was a good game.

I was absolutely LOVING The Secrets of DaVinci until I got to the Mona Lisa puzzle near the end of the game. After a long time of trying to work the puzzle out and getting frustrated I closed the game for the night so I could try fresh the next day but I still wasn't feeling it so I decided to look at the walkthrough. I discovered that there was an item I should have used before I tampered with the puzzle. I had not even seen that item. I went to a previous save to try again but just couldn't get into it. I really should have left the game for a couple of days and then tried again but I had noticed a *cheat* in the walkthrough so I took that route instead. Then when I finished the game I reloaded a save to try a different ending but the game froze, my computer froze, and I almost had to do a hard shut down. I managed to lightly click my start button and got the "shutting down" screen where I was able to cancel out and get back to normal. I know I shouldn't blame the game as this was a good puzzle, but it did really ruin the whole experience for me. frown

Not sure just yet what's up next.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/07/22 12:04 AM

Sorry to hear that, OB. It's really frustrating when a game doesn't work perfectly.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/21/22 09:24 PM

Last night I finished a replay of Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern, another great Kheops game!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/21/22 09:36 PM

I had a lot of trouble with that last puzzle in Secrets of DaVinci too, oldbroad. I remember loving the game up until then. Fortunately I was able to get past it. Echo is one that I haven't played yet, but it's on my list.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/21/22 09:45 PM

I really loved Secrets of DaVinci and kick myself because I think I got complacent and was just moving along a bit faster than I should have, and then missed the charcoal piece at the beginning of the puzzle and got myself stuck. I only have myself to blame for the let down.

Echo is a good game but there are some hard puzzles in it, including one similar to that Secrets of DaVinci puzzle, but I did manage to get through it somehow. This time around I played the Big Fish version on Windows 7.

I wish more people would post here.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/21/22 10:08 PM

Well, I did what I said I wouldn't do - I downloaded Syberia 3. What a mistake. When you get a twisty feeling in your gut because of your frustration with the game controls, it's not a good sign. I've quit playing several times because it was just SO aggravating. Now I'am at a point where I have to get an ice breaker working. Easy enough - IF the game controls will cooperate... which they do not. After trying over and over and over and being defeated by the game controls, I'm ready to chuck the whole thing and just watch the rest on YouTube. I'm an RPG and FPS gamer and use a Razer gaming keyboard so it's not like I'm not familiar with tricky gaming sequences. But this is just ridiculous. No wonder it got such terrible reviews.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/21/22 11:14 PM

I don't understand all the frustration. I don't recall having any problems with this game. duh

But, thanks for posting anyway! smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/22/22 12:26 AM

You are one of the few I've heard of who didn't get frustrated by the game controls, oldbroad. There was such a hue and cry shortly after it was released they made a bunch of improvements. But not enough in my opinion!
Posted By: CandaceHudson

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 04:33 AM

I finished Mission Critical, Pegasus Prime, Garage: Bad Dream Adventure

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 05:02 AM

welcome to GameBoomers CandaceHudson! Thanks for joining in the conversation. How did you like Garage: Bad Dream? It looks pretty weird. I haven't bought it yet but plan to.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 02:14 PM

Hi, CandaceHudson and welcome to Gameboomers!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 02:55 PM

welcome to GameBoomers CandaceHudson.

Mission Critical is a really good game! Pretty much anything by Legend Entertainment is worth playing.
Posted By: connie

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 08:32 PM

welcome to GameBoomers CandaceHudson.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/27/22 09:38 PM

Welcome Candace!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/09/22 04:07 AM

I recently played a Halloween themed Casual game and it got me in the mood for Dracula, so I started a replay of Dracula Resurrection tonight. Love this game!

I am also attempting to play Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders for the first time ever.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/09/22 01:32 PM

I started Amber: Journeys Beyond yesterday. So far, so good!

Ob, I was also thinking of replaying Dracula: Resurrection this month.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/09/22 03:29 PM

Hey Candice and welcome!

Don't know if you have been watching and decided to comment or just found GB but you are in the right place. GB covers it all just look around

Mission Critical and Pegasus Prime are two of my most favorite games. Have played both over a few times

Dracula Resurrection was my favorite of the five. I loved walking around this scene. Can feel the cold, the wind and the erie vibes. Great Game!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/09/22 04:51 PM

Marian, I've had Amber: Journeys Beyond installed for a good while now, with the shortcut icon on my desktop waiting to be clicked on. It was one of the games I planned to get to this year. I got it as an add-on from All Video many years ago and had it installed on a different computer back then but never played it.

Orion, those outdoor scenes have a lot of atmosphere. It doesn't hit me as strongly now, but I can still feel myself sitting in front of my computer absorbing that atmosphere, feeling like I was in those scenes the first time I played the game. I also love the second game Dracula The Last Sanctuary and will be replaying that one also, but probably not the others this time.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/10/22 02:18 PM

You are right oldbroad....... The Last Sanctuary was also very good. It had that same atmosphere as "Resurrection". Like you say you can have the rest of them. We did NOT like them. Never finished 3, The Path of the Dragon.

I am in the middle of Excavation of Hob's Barrow. What a great game. Can't wait to see how it unfolds. I purchased the Art Book and went through it before playing. Like you OB I usually won't get DLC's unless it adds to the gameplay. This was a good purchase. All the thought over the years that went into, character design, structures design, scenes themselves and even inventory items getting all to the final designs. It went from scatches on paper, more detailed scrathes on paper to first computer designs and finally to the finished product all along the way describing how and why these final designs got there. Absolutely amazing. When I got into the game I felt like I had already met the characters and have visited these sites and structures already. It was very cool. On with the game............
Posted By: Mad

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/10/22 05:00 PM

Appreciate that recommendation. Orion thumbsup

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/10/22 06:14 PM

Orion, you are similar to me regarding The Path of the Dragon. It seems like a lot of people favored that game over the others but I didn't like it much. I did play it twice, hoping to like it better the second time but I didn't. The fourth and fifth games were good the first time I played them but not so much the second time.

I'm looking forward to Hob's Barrow but I know I'm not ready to play it just yet and didn't buy it, though I should have so it would be here if I decide I'm ready. Not very hard to click the buy button though if I get the itch smile. I'm glad you're enjoying the game and the art book!
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/12/22 05:26 AM

Replaying 'The King's Quest Series' Just started the 5th game. I love this series!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/12/22 05:58 AM

Glad you are enjoying yourself Adam Beals! I have not played that series yet.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/12/22 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Beals
Replaying 'The King's Quest Series' Just started the 5th game. I love this series!

One of the best series ever made !! Enjoy !! bravo bravo bravo

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/17/22 01:55 PM

My son and I just finished a game that we played together - Amazon: Guardians of Eden. Without his help, I would have had quite a difficult time getting through it - especially the canoe rides, which were quite tricky. We did enjoy the game overall, though. smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/28/22 06:26 PM

I finished the two Dracula games. I forgot how hard the second game is and had to use a walkthrough quite a bit.

I've since started a replay of Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster which I've been wanting to replay for quite some time now. Haven't gotten very far at all yet. I also started a replay of the puzzle game Safecracker.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/28/22 06:40 PM

Just finished Quest for Glory 1 again. I have played this game several games and it never gets old. It's one of my favorites.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/28/22 08:16 PM

Marian, did you finish Amber: Journeys Beyond and did you like it?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/28/22 09:23 PM

Oldbroad, we had played the game for about an hour or so and then while loading up the game in the emulator, the game would freeze. We attempted loading up the game several times after that, with the same results. We have put it aside for the time being until we feel like troubleshooting it. The part that we did play, we enjoyed. We did not get far enough, though, for me to offer a real opinion about it.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/28/22 09:54 PM

Thanks Marian. Hopefully, you can get it working and finish it at some point. As I mentioned, I have the game from All Video. I hope it works. I'll have to try it out soon.
Posted By: adv4ever

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/29/22 09:53 PM

I've recently finished Cleo - a pirate's tale and enjoyed it a lot. It's a beautiful charming story and I could feel the inspiration (and love) of classic p&c adventures while playing it. It's astonishing that this was created by a single person!
(If you want to enjoy the game as well, head over to the current GOG Halloween Sale.)

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 10/29/22 09:58 PM

Thanks for that info adv4ever. I already have that game in my library but haven't played it yet.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/08/23 03:30 AM

Last year after finishing Frankenstein and Safecracker, I played The Kite, Little Kite, Repentant, and Watch Over Christmas. I never did get around to re-starting Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders yet. This year I have played The Game Maker, Goodbye Deponia, and Kentucky Route Zero.

For a very long time I have wanted to replay the first three Atlantis games, mostly the second one which I loved. I only played it once and it must have been around fifteen years ago. I had all three games installed on my Windows 7 computer and in October I tried to start the first game Atlantis The Lost Tales, but didn't think it was working right. I think it was user error but my Win 7 sound doesn't always work properly so I installed the games on my Win 10. It took until tonight to finally try the game again. Thirty minutes later, my head was spinning around like crazy and I had to get out of the game. I can fairly clearly remember parts of the game but I don't remember getting seasick or the fact that it is auto save. thumbsdown I often play two adventures at a time so I hope whatever I click on to play along with this one won't disappoint me too. I'm starting to think I should give up gaming. (Kidding!)

Anyway, what are the rest of you playing?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/21/23 05:42 PM

I am really enjoying Atlantis: The Lost Tales despite the stupid auto save and some head spinning. I am a little better at gaming now than I was back when I first played the game so I am actually enjoying it more this time.

I may be stuck now though. I saw a clue to a puzzle but didn't realize it was a clue so didn't look at it properly, and can not see it again. I thought it was a puzzle going to pop up (not a clue). hardwall

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 05:13 AM

I eventually figured out that there wasn't just one save in the Atlantis game and I was able to see that puzzle clue again. I thoroughly enjoyed my replay of the game. Then I moved on to an enjoyable second replay of Syberia. I will replay the second and third games before playing the fourth game.

The other game I played is Deponia Doomsday, the fourth and final game of a horrible series. I was so disappointed with it (the whole series). There were some good and different puzzles but the characters and dialog were awful, long, and boring. My Opinion only! Glad that's over with.

Next up is a replay of Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis 2) which I expect I will enjoy as much as I did the first time I played it. yes

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 02:07 PM

I just finished Boxville. What a great game for puzzle lovers!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 03:22 PM

Just started Colossal Cave and very much liking what I’ve played so far 👍

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 03:50 PM

That is great news, Mad! smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 04:53 PM

Thanks for sharing, Ana and Mad! Those are both in my libraries.

No adventure going on Marian?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/24/23 05:02 PM

Ob, strictly casual games for me for the last few weeks. Hopefully an adventure game pretty soon.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 01:58 AM

Are you still in the catastrophic weather zone, Marian ?? 😯

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 03:58 AM

I just finished The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day and its sequel The Uncertain: Light At The End. Both games had excellent storylines and graphics, but most of all I liked the numerous mechanical puzzles, which I almost never do. But in these games, they were very innovative, and fit very organically into the story.

The first game suffered from serious localization issues though.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 04:48 AM

Thanks for that info Mikael. I've had those games for awhile now but, of course, I haven't played them yet. blush
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 09:03 AM

I've been playing Rhem games on my old computer and a few old Tomb Raider games.

Gerry catrub

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 04:36 PM

Gerry, are you able to play the Rhem games without a walkthrough? I have played the first two so far but I pretty much used a walkthrough from start to finish. I tried playing the first one on my own but didn't get very far at all. Planning on playing the other two, one of these days.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/25/23 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Are you still in the catastrophic weather zone, Marian ?? 😯

The catastrophe appears to be winding down. It has been a long haul, starting around February 22nd. One more episode next week of some rain and snow and then it is starting to look more benign from there. wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 02:13 AM

Well, thank goodness for that 👍👍👍 !! 😍
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 09:19 AM

Oldbroad, I do use a walk thru for all Rhem games especially when I stop playing for a day...I would not be able to figure out where I left off...even with the walkthru I can get confused and go in circles. lol

Gerry catrub

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 04:24 PM

I hear that Gerry! laugh I also was still having trouble while trying to follow the walkthrough. lol The games are quite confusing at times! crazy
Posted By: RebKean

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 09:44 PM

I have too many games I wanna play atm.
After deciding to test streaming, I suddenly bought a ton of new and old games,
and now I can't decide what to play lol
Funny enough, while having many pretty interesting titles, the one I'm currently obsessed with is "The long drive".
It has no quest, no real point and many flaws. And so funny at the same time yay

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 10:14 PM

Have fun RebKean! I had to look that one up. It's not my kind of game. I have the same trouble deciding what to play because I want to play them all right now too wink.

The first time I played Beyond Atlantis I spent 10 whole hours on the rainbow bridge puzzle and enjoyed every minute of it. I spent over 4 hours on it this time. It took me more than 3 hours to remember that I could (and should) rotate the pieces duh. I couldn't help Googling the order of colors in a rainbow though, and then I wished I hadn't hardwall. It didn't give me the puzzle solution but sure did help in knowing where/how to focus which sped up my solving time (good and bad).

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 11:04 PM

I just played Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery. It's a very interesting game, different from my usual and the story made me cry at the end, but I am an easy crier. smile
I recommend it for someone desiring a short, easy on the eye, story rich game.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/26/23 11:10 PM

Thanks Ana! I have that too. What's up next?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 12:49 AM

I can't believe I found time to play that one, oldbroad. It's Spring break and I'm crazy busy at work! I like the short, one sit games, not sure I have any more left.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 01:27 AM

Well, I hope you and other members will keep posting in this thread. I love seeing what others are playing!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 05:10 AM

I'm playing Colossal Cave - and liking it - but can only do short stints of ANY game at the moment smile
Posted By: aretha

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 10:19 AM

I've just replayed the 1st 3 Black Mirror games. Really enjoyed them. Might replay the Ankh games next for some light relief.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 05:47 PM

I replayed both of those series 5 years ago and enjoyed them too, aretha. My mind has been going to Black Mirror again sometimes lately but I can't do it yet. Too many others lined up in front of it. Plus, I realized that I never played that other Black Mirror game that was not part of the series so I may try that one soonish.
Posted By: aretha

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 06:46 PM

Yes, oldbroad Im thinking of playing that other Black Mirror too. Have owned it for some time buy never played it,

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 07:48 PM

Do the games have anything to do with the TV-series?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/27/23 08:39 PM

RebKean, I am not familiar with the TV series but would have to say no. They are all on sale at GOG right now. Check them out.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 12:42 AM

I don't get along with the GoG app on the computer. But did find it using the browser, and bought it smile
I would probably prefer watching someone else play it so I don't have to be scared hehe, but well I got excited. whistle

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 01:20 AM

The Black Mirror games don't have anything to do with the TV series with the same name. But they are all excellent games, including the reboot from 2017.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 02:02 AM

Did you buy all of them RebKean?

Some people thought the second game was boring, at least in the beginning, but I liked it.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 03:06 AM

I’ve already played the original series of three games three times now and will no doubt do so for a fourth time.
I enjoy all of them very much 👍

But I haven’t yet played the “other” game that’s not part of the series.

I just keep forgetting to give it a go !!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 12:14 PM

Some people thought the second game was boring, at least in the beginning, but I liked it.

Oh they were all with a big discount haha, didn't see that yesterday.
NOW I have all of them smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 03/28/23 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by RebKean

Oh they were all with a big discount haha, didn't see that yesterday.
NOW I have all of them smile

LOL! I hope you enjoy them if/when you get around to playing them!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 04/19/23 06:19 AM

Well, I finally finished my replay of Atlantis II (Beyond Atlantis). I was a bit let down after having built it up so much in my mind. The camera kept swinging all over the place and some of the puzzles didn't seem to have any clues and were a lot harder than I hoped they would be. I even ran out of save slots but didn't know that because it just kept looking like the game was saving. I could not save over any of them, nor could I delete any of them. I ended up playing the whole end of the game in one sitting without being able to save. I used every walkthrough here on GB and there are quite a few of them, 5 to be exact! Some helped in areas that others didn't. I'm glad I finally replayed it but I actually enjoyed the first game better this time around than I did this one. I'll replay the third game soon but not immediately. smile
Posted By: flotsam

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 04/20/23 11:56 PM

That swooping camera can certainly be a pain. Glad you liked it though. I haven't played the trilogy since the very first time and am inspired now to give it a go. My favourite was the first so it will be interesting to see how I feel this time.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 04/21/23 12:08 AM

Let us know how it goes flotsam! wave
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 05/03/23 03:09 AM

I'm a real fan of Mikael's Games and am anxious to get back to playing them soon as I finish publishing mine. wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 05/03/23 07:26 PM

I think you'll really like The Game Maker when you get around to it BeaSong!

Years ago I played the first two Chapters of Reversion. Three years ago the third Chapter made a surprise appearance and I bought / re-bought the trilogy and installed the games for playing. I finally got around to them. Chapters 1 and 2 are both very short but Chapter 3 is a very nice length at around 10 hours. There was one character who I would have liked to punch in the face and one puzzle that started getting to me but that is probably my fault for not paying better attention to who I had and hadn't talked to. All in all, an enjoyable game.

I think I will get back to Atlantis 3 now though, before any more time passes and I forget about it. Then my replay of Syberia 2, and we'll see what else.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 05/15/23 10:46 PM

I just finished my replay of Atlantis 3: The New World. It was not nearly as good as the first two games (in MY opinion). I guess that's why I didn't remember much about it. There were some technical issues for me, though I didn't see any mention of them by anybody else in the GOG discussions or reviews. At one point you play this "monkey game" in an *etch-a-sketch type thing. This is what MaG wrote in her walkthrough:

"The monkey climbs a tree and when the red button is clicked will throw a coconut to hit hippos. "

Well, in my game, the monkey was going up and down all at the same time (a speed issue I guess) and never picking a coconut or throwing it. The red button was not really clickable. It was just hit or miss with a lot of random clicking until one click would finally register. In a couple of other puzzles the cursor was way off making it hard to click where you were trying to click. Maybe there was some setting in the options that would have helped but I don't know. Fortunately though, you could save every step of the way through the puzzles so I didn't have to restart from the beginning a bunch of times but was able to reload a save to just continue on. It was much more difficult than it should have been though.

I played the fourth and fifth games 4 years ago for the first time. I don't think I'm ready for a replay of those yet but I'm going to keep it in mind.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/01/23 05:30 AM

Finished my replay of Syberia II a few days ago. Tonight I started Fran Bow. At the end of Chapter 1 there is a maze. I'm not a fan of mazes but I would have liked to had a chance to try it. Unfortunately, I thought I was clicking a "continue" button and it turned out to be a "skip" button. Would have been nice if the game had confirmed that was what I wanted to do. There is no manual saving so I could not go back to try it and had to watch it on a video WT. The game reminds me of Edna & Harvey.
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/05/23 05:50 PM

I am playing "The Inheritance of Crimson Manor" at the moment.
It is an exploring Puzzle game from 2022.
I yust started playing and it looks promissing!
Also it is on sale on Steam for 5,24 Euro's untill the 14 th! yes joy2

Rob wave yes whistle

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/05/23 06:16 PM

Have fun FlyingDutchman42 and thanks for the reminder about this game. I think I will download it and try to work it somewhere into my long list of waiting games. wink

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/24/23 08:04 PM

I know you're all sick of me trying to keep this thread alive but I don't care laugh

I finished Fran Bow last week (some of the cat parts saddened me) and have been busy with casual games, but finally started my replay of Syberia 3 today. A short 20 minute start to get me going, but am looking forward to continuing on! yes

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/24/23 08:10 PM

I am glad you are continuing to post about this, ob! I would have been participating if I had played any adventure games lately.

I am, however, thinking of either starting a Nancy Drew game or playing Arthur's Knights 2: The Secret of Merlin. Not sure yet. smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/24/23 08:49 PM

I need to get back to Nancy Drew as I have been playing them in sequence for only the first time and my next one will be #22. I haven't played one in two years and now with problems arising in Windows 11... I would have liked to replayed some of the earlier ones but...

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 06/24/23 09:19 PM

I need to get back to Nancy Drew as I have been playing them in sequence for only the first time and my next one will be #22. I haven't played one in two years and now with problems arising in Windows 11... I would have liked to replayed some of the earlier ones but...

I know several people who have played all the ND games on Windows 11 with no issues, so there's hope!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/22/23 07:27 AM

Finished my replay of Syberia 3 two days ago. The first time I played it in Win 7 and it ran perfectly fine. This time I played in Win 10 and it did give me problems but I still felt the game was well worth the effort.

Yesterday I played The Charnel House Trilogy which started out fine but then turned into a movie with too much yakking.

Tonight I started Syberia 4. Mostly I played through what I had already played in the Prologue, only a little bit further. I sincerely hope it gets better and that it starts to feel like a Syberia game! To me, the game has a slow, boring start AND the controls are just as bad as people say the controls were in Syberia 3. I am actually having a worse time with them. Too much holding the mouse down while moving it. It's like trying to use my cell phone - ugh! Also, do not like the way Kate looks in this game and I'm not talking about the salt mine look; I'm talking about after she escaped. Hopefully, I'll get used to it.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/22/23 01:08 PM

There's a Syberia 4?? Geez, I must be living under a rock.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 07/22/23 01:13 PM

I’m in the middle of Forgotton Annie and I really like it. I put it on pause to test Colossal Caves on my iPhone. I don’t really play games on my iPhone and at first was wondering how I would feel about it. But I was pleasantly surprised to find I liked it a lot. The graphics are crisp. You can save, giving you control in case you have to stop playing for some reason. It gave me a game I enjoyed that I could take with me. It will probably be coming out sometime in August. If you have a newer iPhone you should check it out.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/05/23 10:25 PM

Finally getting around to Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders. Played just the Prologue chapter so far. It seems like a nice game but I do wish it had voices. Oh well.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/23/23 01:17 AM

The Flower Collectors.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/28/23 08:10 PM

Let us know what you think of The Flower Collectors. Just looked it up on Steam. smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/28/23 08:41 PM

Hi Marian. If you are interested in the game it's on sale for $7.49 on GOG for 2 weeks. I just finished the game last night. I'm not sure what I was expecting but somehow it was different than I thought it would be. I liked it but I didn't love it. It was a little different though which was good. The game saves after you complete a chapter but you have to wait through some conversation in the new chapter before you can exit. Most of the chapters are pretty short but if you have to stop in the middle of one, you'll have to replay that portion. I think chapter 3 was the longest. There are 10 chapters altogether. There are some parts that are timed, but not in a frenzy way. In one of those parts I wasn't really sure what I was doing and missed something. I don't know if it really made any difference though or not. I also missed some conversations due to my trigger finger and lack of patience. You have to left click to advance/end the conversation and you have to hold your right mouse button down a lot. It is certainly worth playing.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/28/23 08:46 PM

Thanks so much for that great description, ob! I will check it out on GOG.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 08/29/23 03:03 AM

If you play it, I'll be interested to hear what you think of it Marian.

Tonight I started a replay of Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy. I am playing the Big Fish version in Windows 7. I know it is supposedly quite glitchy so wish me luck. I've played only an hour or so and cannot find my print out of the walkthrough which I'm sure I will need at some point. Even though it has been so many, many years since I played the game, I think I remember parts of it fairly well, probably the parts where I needed the walkthrough. laugh

I played another couple of hours and I'm enjoying it for now. This may sound strange but it is reminding me of the game Safecracker.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/17/23 07:43 PM

Took some time but I finished The Mystery of the Mummy last night and I must say that I really enjoyed replaying this game, even with the dying and timed parts. The only technical issue I had was that the game froze up on me a few times after "failing". I solved the nonogram (?) puzzle on an excel spreadsheet before wasting too much time on it in the game.

Not sure yet what's next as I have so many in my mind to play right now, but I think I will play Whimsy and maybe Landlord of the Woods while I decide since they are apparently pretty short and fun.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/17/23 07:53 PM

I have always avoided Mystery of the Mummy because of the timed and dying parts. Maybe I will consider taking it off my exclusion list, ob. smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/17/23 09:14 PM

Mostly the timed parts are long, not something you have to be too worried and quick about (though I did die a few times). You pick up right where you left off and MOST of the time you can save during the timed sequences. There was one time I saved, that I think the game didn't like it, and when I tried to load that save the game froze on me. One section I did not like though that I died a few times in, had a long winded conversation to listen to each time and the timing isn't what killed me; it was something else. I looked at a walkthrough in that section just to get past that part. The scenes are very dark which makes it hard to find items so you do have to move your cursor around kind of slowly so you don't miss something. Also, the nonogram puzzle is in a timed sequence towards the end of the game. It is a very long sequence giving you a lot of time to do everything EXCEPT that puzzle which is why it's best if you can do it outside of the game first. And remember, I played it in Windows 7. I don't know if or how well it works in Windows 10. Play it! smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/17/23 10:19 PM

Thanks so much for all that info about the game, ob! thumbsup

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 09/26/23 05:34 AM

So, I played Whimsy and Landlord of the Woods and may go ahead with Birth too, but I did start the game Experience 112 (as it's called on Steam) a/k/a The Experiment. I played for over 3 hours and during that time I looked at the review and also the walkthrough because I needed some help on how the game works. Still not sure I got it but we'll see. Not sure yet if I'm going to like it but it had stuck in my mind for years since I had bought the CD and played a very short portion of it, which is something I used to do with every CD I bought to make sure they worked. The review mentioned two dead ends and there are only 7 save slots, and it mentions not being able to save at some points but it seemed to be much later in the game. Unfortunately, when I tried to save and exit, it wouldn't let me save and I had to continue on until I reached a different section. Not going to like that! The review also mentioned the dreaded "timed puzzle" words. eek smile

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/08/23 07:39 AM

So, I finished Experience 112 at least a month ago. It ended up being a pretty good game although I didn't really understand the story. It was tedious and aggravating at times and I needed to use a walkthrough (both written and video) in several areas but I did enjoy it.

I've been busy playing casual games but today I finally started another adventure, Richard and Alice. The story seems interesting but there is a lot of reading, no voice overs. Hard for me to play too long. I'll see how it goes. I hope to get back to more adventures next year and not so many casuals.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/13/23 03:59 AM

Finished Richard and Alice and am now playing a short game called Last Christmas. It started out pretty easy but I am nearing the end and am stuck, stuck, stuck. Hopefully this break I'm taking from it will help me when I go back to it.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/13/23 04:03 PM

I am playing an old 90s game called Veil of Darkness, which I am really enjoying. It is about 90% adventure and 10% RPG, so it is more of an adventure game than anything else.

I have a lot of older adventure games that are yet to be played and I am hoping to get to many of them in 2024.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/14/23 08:54 PM

Hi All --

I am playing Escape from Mystwood Mansion. It is a very nice puzzle adventure but it does have one major flaw - which is a killer for me -- You cannot save a game unless you finish ALL the puzzles in the room you are in. If you end the game and try to Resume play,, you have to start all over in that room.

I will try to continue playing it but I am getting more and more frustrated about the saves.

I just finished Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy ( a Re-play ). Great game - they don't make 'em like this anymore !

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/15/23 12:59 PM

I had Mystwood Mansion wishlisted sureshot. After watching some gameplay awhile back and now you mentioning how saves play out I have removed this one from my list.

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy like you say was a great game. I liked it

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/15/23 03:03 PM

Just acquired Nostradamus: The Last Prophesy based on this conversation. It has been a while since I have played a full adventure (used to play them all)

Played for a little while, and think I will stick with it. Graphics aren't the best; playing on a 40-inch screen, but liveable. Wish me luck!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/15/23 06:51 PM

I played (and enjoyed) Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy in 2018. Good luck Tally Ho, and enjoy.

I still have Mystwood Mansion on my wishlist. There is a "discussion" about the saves accessed through the game page. I added my vote for manual saves. Don't know if it will ever happen but...

Marian, Veil of Darkness looks interesting. Some day I hope to get back to my attempt to play some of those old games. I still never restarted Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

I tried for 3 days to get unstuck in Last Christmas but ended up having to look at a "spoiler" on the discussion page. Kicked myself. Had been focusing on the right thing but never hit on the solution. It is not a *happy* Christmas tale but I enjoyed the game.

I think I will play Azazel's Christmas Fable next.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/15/23 07:56 PM

Hi folks

Tally Ho - stay with it - The story was good, the game play was good, the puzzles were also very good. Ok - the graphics not super great - but a lot better than all the Pixelated, Retro, Cartoony games out today that don't even come close to the graphics on the old games on old computers.

Oldbroad - I had to shelve Mystwood Mansion.. for now - Sometimes I just don't have the time to complete a room and then have to replay the whole thing -- even the "Continue" option is not an option really.

BTW - I beta tested Dead Drop -- the next Carol Reed game - you guys are going to LOVE it !! yay Say no more !

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/15/23 08:16 PM

Marian, Veil of Darkness looks interesting. Some day I hope to get back to my attempt to play some of those old games. I still never restarted Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

Oldbroad, you have some real gems to look forward to in the unplayed-older-games department! happydance12

And I thought you did really well with Zak McKracken. That is one of the hardest older adventure games out there. I don't think you will probably come across an older adventure game more difficult than that one.
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/17/23 12:32 AM

I'm replaying The Lost City. It's nice to wander around. I was wandering around in Myst again too, but got stuck. Again. HAH!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/18/23 04:52 PM

Whew. I finished Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy. Not without a bit of help; I confess to referring to a walkthrough several times.

It was fun to play a "real" adventure, after so many hundreds of casuals. wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/18/23 07:40 PM

Great !! Glad you liked it wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 06:45 PM

Just installed the oldie (favourite) “Murder in the Abbey” on my XP machine so looking forward to starting it later - and hoping it still works alright 🤞

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 06:58 PM

Mad, the Director's Cut of the game can also be bought and downloaded from this site here. It says it supports Windows 7, 10 and 11. I have purchased from this site and it is legit and reliable, with no DRM.

The Director's Cut costs less on Steam, but it's also good to have an alternative.

Other older adventure games on offer include The Space Bar, Arthur's Knights 1 and 2, and Obsidian.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 07:49 PM

Marian, is that a site where you download and save the games to a disc for keeping? I'm kind of hoping to replay that game next year sometime. We'll see.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 08:13 PM

Being as it is a DRM-free site, I see no reason why you would not be able to do that. I plan on doing that with a game I purchased there.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marian
Mad, the Director's Cut of the game can also be bought and downloaded from this site here. It says it supports Windows 7, 10 and 11. I have purchased from this site and it is legit and reliable, with no DRM.

Other older adventure games on offer include The Space Bar, Arthur's Knights 1 and 2, and Obsidian.

Thanks for that info, Marian bravo12 I'll definitely go visit - especially as I no longer have either of the Arthur's Knights games !!
[ My 3 Disk "original" version of Murder in the Abbey installed with no problems this afternoon and plays perfectly happydance12 ]

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 09:14 PM

Sounds good, Mad! santadance

The Zoom Platform also has the uncut Culpa Innata.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/20/23 11:02 PM

What I mean I guess is, is that the only way to play these games or is it like a GOG or Steam where you have a library and can install a game, play it, uninstall it, and then a month later download it again?

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 01:14 AM

Marian ....

I bought the two Arthur's Knights games and have downloaded the files for both.
And I also downloaded the manual for the first game but when I click to download the manual for the second, nothing downloads.
Do you know if the one manual can be used for both ??

oldbroad ....

The site appears to work like GOG. Your purchased games go into your Library and can be downloaded as and when you wish.
And as they are DRM free I can't see why you wouldn't be able to burn them to disk.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 01:33 AM

I have the manuals for both of the games, Mad, and they are a tiny bit different but nothing I can recall that you would really need if you have the manual for the first game. The main thing about the second game is that it has an in-game map whereas the first one does not. You might want to write to them and ask about a manual for the second one? But they may well have thought that the first game's manual was adequate to cover both games.

Otherwise, both games really constitute one long game, as the second game picks up where the first one leaves off.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 01:45 AM

Yes. A manual for the second game IS advertised but when I click for it to download, as I did for the first game’s manual, nothing happens.

I might have to contact them then because I always need MAPS !! 😱

(And with Murder in the Abbey, the three disks install it but you don’t need any of them in the drive to play it.)

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 02:09 AM

Thanks Mad. I am no good at burning games to disc which is why I asked that question.

Enjoy your time in The Abbey.

And thanks for posting about the site, Marian.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 03:08 PM

Mad, the map is in the game proper and is just a feature. The manual just mentions this feature, basically. And if you need any more info, I can send you the relevant text from my manual. smile12

And you are welcome, ob. It's really neat that this site enables you to play these games including Obsidian and Space Bar without the multiple CDs and also eliminating the disk swapping. I think Space Bar had six or seven CDs originally.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 12/21/23 06:07 PM

Yes 👍

And I remember being SO glad when some developers initiated the facility that let you fully install from several disks - negating the need for any to be in the drive during play 🤗

(Thanks for the offer of map help should I need it smile12)

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/08/24 03:54 AM

Ended 2023 with Milo and the Christmas Gift.

Started 2024 with Dead Drop (of course). Taking it slow and (so far) staying away from anything that might show me something I'm not yet ready to see.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/09/24 12:13 AM

oldbroad

You - and everyone here - will love Dead Drop ! I MAC beta tested it and played it twice, once on MAC and again on Windows !

I went back to blow the dust off some older games ... I am now playing NightLong : Union City Conspiracy which I started in 1998 but had video issues. Now resolved ( thank you fellow Boomers ) I am continuing it.

Never too late !

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/09/24 02:11 AM

I am enjoying Dead Drop, sureshot! Moving along fairly well in the game (so far).

I have looked at that Nightlong: Union City on Allvideo Classic Games several times. Maybe I will purchase it one day. I wonder if he has it patched up. (I saw your post in the hints section.) I hope you make it through to the end this time!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/17/24 03:35 PM

Hi oldbroad

I did finally finish Nightlong. The patch worked like a charm and I sent it to Mystery Manor site so they could make it available. I am SURE you will like the game -- it is, in my opinion, a classic point and click adventure game with a good story, very decent graphics, and lots of puzzles.

I don't know if the Allvideo version comes patched - I imagine it is, and released to play on more modern machines, but since the Video Patch I found corrects the game, I would definitely give this one a go !!

I am presently playing some of the older games like NightLong, NiBiRu, Nostradamus, Faust, Midnight Nowhere, etc I just miss the way these games looked, and played.

Anyway - I do hope you find NightLong and play it... you won't be sorry !! thumbsup

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/17/24 07:23 PM

Glad you made it through the game this time, sureshot. I'll keep it in mind but it won't be anytime soon.

Have fun with those older games! I am still playing Dead Drop - struggling more now, and even used the in-game help system.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/18/24 03:40 PM

When I tested Dead Drop, there was one area I really struggled with around the Shooting Range. When I asked MDNA games - Mikael - about it, I realized I what I overlooked. slapforehead

Stick with it, it is a very rewarding and fun game.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/18/24 04:00 PM

I've got Nightlong running on ScummVM. It's supposed to have that problem fixed, and you don't have to mess with the discs. Here's the ScummVM Nightlong info page.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/24/24 03:11 PM

That is great information about Nightlong, Uncle Reg! Thanks very much. wave

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/27/24 05:03 AM

Kaki's Sister mentioned in The Break Room that she was thinking of replaying Myst and it was also in mind for a replay so I started it today. I am playing Myst Masterpiece Edition. Years ago I played Myst 10th Anniversary Edition. I'm thinking they are the same. When I played it then I didn't have a clue how to play any game, much less a Myst game so I ended up using a walkthrough for pretty much all of it. I am hoping that having some memory of it and a little more gaming experience, that I will do a little better this time. So far, so good. I actually managed to do a thing or two on my own. I may have to find something else to play though also, for the times I need to step away from it. A casual game will help but possibly another adventure that is of a different type. I'll see how it goes.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/28/24 12:59 AM

Good for you, oldbroad! I keep toying with trying it again too.

I started the new game Flake, The Legend of Snowblind. I am really liking it, but as is normal for me, I'm hopelessly stuck already! I love the voice acting.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/28/24 07:09 PM

I'm in contact daily with the developer, Drac, if you need help let me know!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 01/28/24 09:57 PM

I'm in contact with the developer too at Steam. He and another guy are working on a walkthrough. Thank you for the offer though!

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/05/24 10:59 PM

Well, the frustration is setting in. I've made it to 3 different ages on my own. In the first age, I solved 2 things but there is more to be done. One of the things I did was find the linking book so I got out of that age without losing anything, however, going back in will require me to move stuff around again so I will lose what I accomplished and may have trouble finding the linking book again. The second age, I couldn't figure anything out at all (well, not how to do what I know I have to do). I reloaded an earlier save to go back to Myst but didn't lose anything by doing that. This third age, I've solved something but am stuck on anything else. If I just reload a prior save, I'll lose what I did, which was not really too hard and can be redone. Walkthrough or persevere (which probably means reloading a prior save and then re-doing what I did in this age)? Decisions, decisions. duh

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/17/24 03:32 PM

I just needed something to while away an otherwise useless afternoon with snow falling like mad, so I purchased a little game called Champy, The Useless Vampire. I was about to ask for my $10 back from Steam after two starts and quits with all my inventory gone. I usually start a game and then about 10 minutes or so, quit and restart to see how it behaves. But the third time was a charm and it worked fine after that. It was a short little game which didn't tax my brain cells much and I can't say I recommend it. But it was perfect for the day. I'm sure I recognized a couple of voice actors from other adventure games.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/17/24 04:04 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Drac! I just posted it, it went under the radar.

Re: What Adventure are You Playing? - 02/17/24 07:44 PM

Thanks for the info Drac!

I have not yet gone back to Myst (but will soon).
© 2024 GameBoomers Community