GB HOMEPAGE

Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/27/22 10:06 PM

The Excavation of Hob's Barrow will release for PC, Mac, and Linux in 2022. A point and click mystery adventure game inspired by folk horror and English folklore, published by Wadjet Eye Games! (formerly known as INCANTAMENTUM)

Check out the teaser trailer here.

Check out the Official website here.

Antiquarian Thomasina Bateman is writing a book on the barrows of England, documenting the treasures she finds buried within. When an intriguing letter summons her to the small village of Bewlay, tucked away in the remote countryside, she sets off by train with her assistant a day behind.

Upon her arrival, however, the mysterious man who summoned her is nowhere to be found. Her assistant never arrives. A stubborn landowner refuses access to the barrow, and the locals are wary of this woman who is traveling alone and (gasp!) wears trousers.

The excavation of Hob’s Barrow is off to a rocky start. And then Thomasina starts having strange dreams…

Features:

A dark, complex and evolving storyline featuring interwoven elements from real English folklore.
Traditional point and click adventure game puzzles and interactions, with an easy modern interface.
A cast of intriguing characters, from suspicious villagers to sickly vicars to lordly landowners, all with their own unique stories and motives.
A distinct folk horror tone and grounding.
Evocative pixel-art graphics, featuring cut-scenes and engaging animations.
A suitably atmospheric original soundtrack from the musician behind the award-winning "Football Game" soundtrack.
Fiends in the furrows, the smell of damp soil, and a cat or two.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/27/22 10:38 PM

Check this one out and keep your eye on its release…. Can’t go wrong with Wadjet.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/27/22 10:54 PM

Thanks Ana!

This game's been on my wishlist since Oct 2020 because I like Cloak and Dagger. I can't see how adding Wadjet Eye to the mix can hurt!
Posted By: KatieB

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/28/22 04:18 PM

In addition to producing, Dave Gilbert (WadjetEye) is directing the voice overs so they should be excellent.
Posted By: connie

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/28/22 04:39 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/28/22 07:49 PM

It sounds good, Ana. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 07/29/22 03:10 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 12:24 AM

The Release Date is September 28th!

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 01:15 AM

This game looks like one I will really like.

Dave Gilbert said it will be available on GOG as well as Steam.

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 01:45 AM

Thanks!

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 01:53 AM

Oooooh .... on GOG too ?? .... splendid !! 👍

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 02:34 PM

I think you will enjoy this one. I have yet played a game from Wadjet that I didn’t enjoy.

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 03:06 PM

Just to be clear, the developer is Cloak and Dagger and the publisher is Wadjet Eye. But I have enjoyed all of the games that Wadjet Eye has chosen to publish, too.

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 03:43 PM

Thank you Marian, as I have been looking forward to this Cloak and Dagger game since long before Wadjet Eye entered the picture!
Posted By: Orion

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 06:22 PM

When The Excavation off Hob's Barrow was named "INCANTAMENTUM" they offered a demo which I played. The demo had me wanting more. Looking forward to this release. Cloak and Dagger Games also developed AND published the game Sumatra: Fate of Yandi which has a "VERY Positve review" . You know when Wadjet Eye takes a Developer's game on....It's gonna be good!

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 08:06 PM

You're correct Marian, Cloak and Dagger is the Developer and they have been working hard for the last 3 years and have done a fantastic job with this game along with Wadjet who has given us another game with great voice acting.... we can look forward to a fun time with this one.

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 09:00 PM

I am really looking forward to it, Winfrey. The setting and the time period have already sold me on the game. smile

Re: Incantementum is Now The Excavation of Hob's Barrow - 09/08/22 09:02 PM

Just watched the trailer again and this is will be definte GOG purchase for me !! yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community