GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Loretta

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Loretta - 09/10/22 06:42 PM

Loretta is a story-driven adventure game, interactive fiction in which gameplay focuses on choosing dialogue options, interacting with objects, and making decisions: planning the murder(s) and getting rid of the evidence.

Check out the trailer here and here.

Check out the steam page here.

Loretta is a psychological thriller that would make the player an accessory to the heroine’s crimes and would lead her through a self-crafted nightmare. This story is about a woman, dealing with betrayal, her husband’s infidelity, relationships problems and a difficult social situation of the 1940s.

Conceptually and aesthetically, the game is inspired by the American art of the twentieth century, the works of Andrew Wyeth and Edward Hopper, film noir of the 40s-50s, thrillers by Alfred Hitchcock, the Philip Ridley movie "The Reflecting Skin", the books "1922" by Stephen King and "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov.

In the development, the main challenge for me is creating an unusual heroine. Loretta does horrible things during the game, and you can influence the severity of them. Each decision you make will have consequences.

Sooner or later in life, every person faces betrayal, poverty, and other challenges of fate. Everyone tries to settle them in their own way, but what if one goes all-in? Loretta dears to try. It’s a story of a person fighting with their desires. It’s about frustration, lies, betrayal, relationships between man and woman, creativity, crimes, mysteries and even… love.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Loretta - 09/10/22 07:06 PM

Thanks, Ana! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Loretta - 09/10/22 08:29 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Loretta - 09/10/22 09:36 PM

Thanks Ana! I don't like that *ribbon* screen but I think I will have to wishlist this. I think I'd like to whack somebody!!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing Loretta - 09/10/22 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Thanks Ana! I don't like that *ribbon* screen but I think I will have to wishlist this. I think I'd like to whack somebody!!

lol rotfl Me too!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community