GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure - 10/29/22 06:32 PM

Classic Zork meets Existential Crisis. A modern text adventure that explores themes of control, isolation and mental health while levelling up the genre with beautiful pixel art and AI.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the steam page here.

Experience text adventures in a whole new light with modern AI technology and lovingly crafted pixel art in [I] doesn't exist. Developed by LUAL Games, [I] doesn’t exist is a one-of-a-kind combination of trance-like visuals and text-based narrative design. The combination of 2D and 3D perspective through optical illusion gives players a trippy, dreamlike experience while a modern "Natural Language Processing" technology lets players naturally type out answers to in-game prompts.

Solve puzzles, talk to a cute mushroom, and give commands to the in-game avatar — until the façade starts showing its cracks.

The cold stone floor beneath your hands brings you to a moment of consciousness. A gentle gust of wind brushes past your cheeks. Back again? Or have you never left? A heartbeat - not your own but of a safe. Neatly tucked away, protected from intruders, holding the key to your salvation. Your salvation - just beyond that door. It's everything you could ever want. All you need to do is: Get. Out. That. Door.

Figure out how to get out of this forest. Have our friendly mushroom help you. All will be well once you get through the door.

This modern text adventure doesn't make you read a wall of text, instead you get to read and look at pretty visuals!

The conversational AI running in the background of this game ensures you won't have to learn specific commands before you even get to solve puzzles. You have plenty of freedom to express yourself.

Do you hear me? Get through the door!

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure - 10/29/22 06:38 PM

Thank you for the information about the game, Ana! wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure - 10/29/22 06:46 PM

Thank you Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing [I] doesn't exist - a modern text adventure - 10/30/22 04:27 AM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre 🙂
Posted By: connie