GB HOMEPAGE

Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 02:17 PM

The latest instalment of the eagerly awaited Carol Reed Mystery is now available! What a great way to start the New year!

You can purchase Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Here.

Eager to make some money for her upcoming vacation, Carol agrees to help Dalton Jonson to investigate the recent disappearance of his wife, Daria. Carol's investigation soon reveals that an elusive video game designer seems to have a very hostile attitude towards Daria.

In a series of eccentric and unsuccessful games, the game designer is taking responsibility for three recent brutal murders: Three men who were sedated, strangled, and placed in public locations with their hands tied behind their backs.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 03:56 PM

Wonderful news!! Thanks, Ana. woot
Posted By: Krispi

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 05:08 PM

I'm a big fan of the Carol Reed games, just purchased and installed, will try to not complete it in one sitting! Thanks Mikael.
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 05:50 PM

Oh that's right! Thanks for the news Ana
Posted By: Mad

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 05:59 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre !!

I now have it installed and ready to play ….

Hopefully soon 🤞🤞🤞
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 07:07 PM

Thanks Ana (and Mikael)!

HNY
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/01/23 10:51 PM

I can think of no better way to start the New Year than to play a new Carol Reed game! Thanks Mikael! urock newyear
Posted By: connie

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/02/23 01:04 PM

Game bought, Thanks Ana and Mikael. happydance
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/03/23 09:47 PM

I am very biased when it comes to these games lol
However, this is one of my favourites and I don't say that very often.
(please don't check that, just in case I DO say that everytime lol)

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/03/23 11:10 PM

Nice to see you here, Kim! smile

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 12:01 AM

Hi RebKean. Good to see you!

I started the game last night and got stuck very early in the game but I'm not ready to seek help yet. eek

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 12:07 AM

Hi!
Well, I can understand that. Both gettings tuck early AND not wanting help haha.
But nice to see you guys too and if you or anyone else needs help,
I'll try and and give it and I know Mikael will as well ofc.
Him and me both share the same memory banks or something, so it can still be hard hehe but I reall yhope you all have a good time with this game.
I did for sure. =)
Posted By: Pugwash

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 12:13 PM

Playing a Carol Reed game reminds me of staying in someone's airbnb in Sweden, rummaging through their IKEA drawers and cupboards searching for anything valuable! duh lol
Posted By: Bristol

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 02:58 PM

I bought the game too. I have every one of the Carol Reed games and have replayed them many times. I'll be interested to see what others' thoughts on this particular one are when they've played it through.

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 03:26 PM

Bristol, we would love to hear your thoughts too on the game after you have finished it. wave

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 05:40 PM

I agree with Marian, Bristol. We would love to hear your thoughts also, however, I'm not sure I'm ready to read that kind of stuff right now. I want to play the game without any outside distractions in my mind. I'm not too far in but already forming some thoughts of my own.

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 05:42 PM

I know what you mean, oldbroad. And impressions could also be posted with spoiler tags, if need be.

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 05:45 PM

Spoiler tags are evil temptations evil. I am fighting looking in the hints discussions already as I do like to see what others are getting stuck on but that will have to wait. Edit: Makes me remember when I kept posting in there about a game you hadn't played yet but I knew you were going to play, but that you helped me with. I feel sorry all over again for that. frown

Were you a game tester this year Marian?

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/04/23 06:18 PM

Ob, I had to bow out of game testing this year due to lack of time as a result of personal issues. I do have the game now, though, and look forward to playing it. smile

And no worries about the hint forum questions. If there were spoilers for me, I have already forgotten them. grin
Posted By: revco

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/05/23 02:11 PM

Awesome news...thanks for the update that the game was released.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/05/23 04:51 PM

Traditionally my biggest problem with Carol Reed games is going to an area and feeling trapped because I can't find the dratted exit. I have (mostly) learned to turn around first, before doing anything else, to see what the exit looks like.
Right now though, I am stuck in an area looking for something I saw previously, and can't find it again. Arrgh!
Posted By: meryl

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/06/23 08:58 AM

I. too, find the navigation in the games quite tricky. Trying to find my way out of Carol's apartment is what always stumps me.

no matter how many of these games I play I never quite get it. I've thought on more than one occasion that I'll have to draw a plan of the place and then thought "No. that is beyond stupid. Stop being pathetic".

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/06/23 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by meryl
I. too, find the navigation in the games quite tricky. Trying to find my way out of Carol's apartment is what always stumps me.

no matter how many of these games I play I never quite get it. I've thought on more than one occasion that I'll have to draw a plan of the place and then thought "No. that is beyond stupid. Stop being pathetic".

If I had a problem like that, I would totally draw a map on paper. In fact I have done that for another game smile
So I don't think that's pathetic, it's just a matter of doing what feels good for YOU.
Heck, I might even build a scaled model of the place if that made me happy lol.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/06/23 03:27 PM

Well, I have managed to memorize Carol's apartment after all this time.

But - back to today. I am supposed to look for something at the canoe. I saw the canoe already; but cannot find it again. Anybody want to spoil me? I won't tell. whistle
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Carol Reed Mystery #18 - The Game Maker Now Available - 01/06/23 03:32 PM

Tally Ho, I'll bet if you post in the Game Hints and Help, someone would GLADLY spoil you!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community