GB HOMEPAGE

Colossal Cave Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/19/23 04:37 PM

Colossal Cave Brings Magic, Wonder to PlayStation VR 2 in 2023. Fantasy Adventure Launches on PC, Meta Quest 2, Consoles Today. Xbox Version Makes a Short Detour.

Check out the launch trailer here.

Check out the official website here.

SEATTLE – Jan. 19, 2023 – Sierra On-Line founders Ken and Roberta Williams’ Colossal Cave, the ultimate 3D interpretation of the original text adventure, will enchant the uncharted lands of PlayStation VR 2 in 2023. The game launches today on Meta Quest 2, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 5, as well as Windows PC and Mac via Steam, The Epic Games Store, Humble, Itch.io, and Amazon. The Xbox Series X|S version takes a scenic stroll and will arrive at a later date.
The entrance to this breathtaking yet treacherous fantasy world has finally been opened for courageous adventurers. Forge an unforgettable path through the near-bottomless depths of a massive underground labyrinth. Collect both mundane and magical items throughout the caverns, solving crafty puzzles to uncover untold fortunes and secrets alike.

Rise a trusty lantern to illuminate miles of vibrant and enchanting passageways while clutching a well-seasoned ax generously gifted by a semi-hostile dwarf. Spelunk around colossal stalagmites erupting from the earth as the ambient noise of lingering bat colonies, echoing expanses, and lumbering creatures imbue the senses. Make friends (or foes!) with majestic beasts before emerging from the mystic caves victorious, and venture back home, treasures in hand.

“The original Colossal Cave Adventure was truly unlike anything anyone had seen before, and we hope to make a similar mark on the next generation,” says Roberta Williams, Founder and Lead Designer, Cygnus Entertainment. “Ken and I would have never thought this game could be the experience we’ve created today, but we’ve made that dream a reality thanks to a lot of love and hard work from us, our team, and our gracious partners.”

“Colossal Cave is a game with a long history, and as we got deeper into the project we realized that our Sierra heritage as well as the game's history were a powerful combination,” says Ken Williams, Founder and CEO, Cygnus Entertainment. “When we began this project we received overwhelming support from every direction because of what this game ment to an entire generation. We’ve had the fortune to watch kids and adults alike enjoying the game just as we did all those years ago, and we can’t wait to bring it to all of our fans today!”

Dynamic duo Ken and Roberta Williams are back with a new company, Cygnus Entertainment, to create exceptional video games like their seminal classics that put them on the map, including a class of 2020 Video Game Hall of Fame recipient, King’s Quest, as well as Space Quest, Phantasmagoria, and many others. The couple was awarded the Pioneer Award at the GDC 2020 along with the Industry Icon award at The Game Awards in 2014.

Colossal Cave is available now on Meta Quest 2, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 5, as well as Windows PC and Mac via Steam and The Epic Games Store for $39.99 USD in 13 different languages including English, Arabic, Japanese, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Russian.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/19/23 05:09 PM

Thanks very much, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/19/23 06:09 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/19/23 08:18 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: connie

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/20/23 12:59 PM

Thanks Ana. happydance
Posted By: Jesse_Arcana

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/20/23 10:00 PM

Looks fantastic, BrownEyedTigre ! joy
Thanks for sharing !
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/21/23 02:14 AM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Orion

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/21/23 03:11 PM

Thank you Ana,

Can you believe we have another game by Ken and Roberta after all these years, 2 legends in the industry. I'll bet they are very proud of this work. I can see them popping the bottles of champaign when CC was finished and ready for delivery.

Many of us were there enjoying their games as they came out back in the day. A lot of great game memories. I for one am glad to still be a part of that experience and hope CC does very well

Time to grab........and PLAY!

Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/22/23 03:42 PM

Really looking forward to this in PSVR2. Played Xing in PSVR and it was the most incredible adventure game I had ever played. Being inside the game is amazing.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/22/23 03:53 PM

Nice to see you, JohnBoy! Let us know how you like the game in PS VR 2. wave
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 01/23/23 12:22 AM

Hi Marian! Glad to see ya still gaming.

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/16/23 02:10 AM

I got a newsletter today saying this from Ken Williams:

Colossal Cave is also coming to GOG.com and Itch.io! Look for the game available soon on these platforms.

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/17/23 06:33 PM

Thanks for that very welcome news, Marian. I’m trying to be patient 😬

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/17/23 06:52 PM

Thanks for the info Marian! I did not see the post until now.

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/21/23 09:58 PM

Looks like they dropped the price down to $24.99 USD.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/22/23 03:20 PM

I played this game 49 years ago in a large data center in El Segundo on my lunch break. It was a fun game.

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/22/23 03:56 PM

That is a terrific memory, Inland! I am also old enough to remember the original text adventure.

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/22/23 04:33 PM

Well Done to both of you !! 👍

(I am MORE than old enough. But I never played it ☹️)

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/22/23 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
Well Done to both of you !! 👍

(I am MORE than old enough. But I never played it ☹️)

What's that saying....."It is never too late!"

Here you go Mad

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/23/23 12:12 AM

Thanks for that link, Orion !!

I will keep it ….

But at this late date, and with the graphic version due at GOG soon (hopefully), I think I’ll wait and play that 🤗

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/23/23 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mad

Thanks for that link, Orion !!

I will keep it ….

But at this late date, and with the graphic version due at GOG soon (hopefully), I think I’ll wait and play that 🤗

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Mad grin

I don't blame you one bit Mad. I'd wait too.....and you are welcome

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/23/23 03:50 PM

You can find it now on GOG here. wave2

And on sale for a limited time for $19.99. happydance

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 02/23/23 07:15 PM

Bought it !! And thank you very much bravo

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 11/18/23 01:56 PM

Colossal Cave was updated to an Enhanced Edition on Nov 14th, a 3D update. It is also available in this stand alone VR Version

This 2.0 update is desktop only and is a free update. Those who purchased the game before this update will get an auto install of it when you start up the game

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 11/18/23 07:34 PM

So did anybody ever play this game and did you like it or no?

Re: Colossal Cave Now Available - 11/18/23 07:43 PM

I haven't played it yet. The game has had many enhancements since it was first released, so I'm glad that I have waited.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community