GB HOMEPAGE

Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 06:30 PM

Congratulations to Matt Clark of Shadow Tor Studios on his continued success and looking forward to anything and everything that the dynamic duo, Jonathan Boakes and Matt Clark develop!

Here are some updates from Jonathan today:

Very excited to see Matt’s Shadow Tor Studios and Time Team have received the U.K. Games Fund for developing a video game based on the real archaeology digs. 👏🏼

As a fan of the TV show this is a super idea, I often used to wonder what real digs were like, so a game version sounds ace. Matt has been with TimeTeam for a while, also appearing in recent episodes, so it’ll be great to see this develop.

The scenery, archaeology and 3D characters are superb, light years from our old days of Indie Dev. But, seeing Shadow Tor grow means Matt can now hire other talented people to produce this game, and I’ll be learning along the way. We might even get more time for our indie games too. 🤞🏼

A proud husband. ☺️

Check out Time Team Games Here.

As for me, game wise, I’ve got the (only slightly) delayed Incubus up next. It changed a lot over XMas, grew in size, but includes a ‘wizard of Oz’ type trip to the past, so we can find out more about ‘demons’, rather than just using them for jump scares. Yes, the game has changed a lot. Expect fascination rather than frights and a super ending. 👍🏼 After that, I do believe we’ll be doing Silent Night, after updating a lot. It’s a full game, set up at the old church, now in strict point-and-click style, with some Saxton scenes and some older TLC characters in the mix. After that, I’m really keen to fix, kill, recycle, or save Blackenrock. I sense Matt is keen to cannibalise as the only precious things are the voice acting, art (scenery), music etc. All could be refreshed in a new engine, but in smaller chunks, story wise. It does make sense. At this point I’d settle for anything Crown like, so we’ll think on it. Most of the game is/was Quest based, so taking a knife to it might be just the thing. 👍🏼

And, if anyones wondering how Matts exciting news effects any of our game work? It does, of course, but only for the good. Small devs getting funding means they can grow, not shrink, so I’m expecting more indie time this year than ever, as he’ll be employing talented people too.

Happy Gaming!

Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info Ana!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 07:09 PM

Looking forward to more from these two guys! Jonathan and Matt should be proud of each other!
Posted By: revco

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 09:20 PM

Thanks for this.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 10:05 PM

Thank you for posting the update, Ana. How nice for Matt!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/02/23 10:29 PM

Thanks for the news, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/03/23 03:01 PM

I spoke to Matt and the new Time Team games will be like a cross between Nancy Drew and CSI Games and then turns into a Sherlock Holmes deduction time game with all the gathered evidence. All my favorites!
Posted By: revco

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/03/23 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre
I spoke to Matt and the new Time Team games will be like a cross between Nancy Drew and CSI Games and then turns into a Sherlock Holmes deduction time game with all the gathered evidence. All my favorites!

That's awesome to hear. I'm hoping to see this happen sooner than later.
Posted By: robedits

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/04/23 10:47 PM

I'm up for anything and everything from Matt, JOnathan, and/or Shadow Tor!
Posted By: connie

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/07/23 01:34 PM

Thanks Ana, Wonderful news.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/09/23 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by BrownEyedTigre

Oooh, my three favourites too!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/09/23 06:54 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: PijinPastrana73

Re: Darkling Room/Shadow Tor Studios Update - 02/13/23 04:13 AM

Those are all wonderful news!!! Very glad to see more games coming from those talented guys.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community