GB HOMEPAGE

Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/28/23 02:08 PM

A fantasy adventure visual novel with humor and heart, by acclaimed adventure game writer Lori Ann Cole. Starring the voice of Zehra Fazal as Tilly, a mischief-making rogue at Hero-U, the school for heroes.

Check out the game here on Steam.

Check out the official website here.

Sign up for a semester at Hero University, a school where famous adventurers teach young people how to be heroes! You are Tilly Appleberry, a Rogue student who values people and fun above rules and authority. A fantastic voice cast stars Zehra Fazal (Voltron: Legendary Defender; Young Justice: Outsiders) as Tilly. The focus is on the story and quirky fantasy characters. You'll meet a Minotaur Paladin, a Doggie Chef, and many more potential friends and love interests. Suitable for all ages, Tilly's Tale is a story full of humor and heart.

Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale combines the best elements of visual novels and adventure games, offering players multiple paths and control over Tilly's actions as she navigates her challenging semester as a rogue at Hero-University. Your choices matter - There are multiple endings and hundreds of paths through the game! Play again (and again!) to make friends with more characters and make a more successful festival.

Corey and Lori Cole have been designing games for over 30 years, at Sierra Online and now at their independent studio Transolar Games. They were the pioneers behind the adventure/roleplaying hybrid, combining computer roleplaying games with graphical adventures. They’ve previously worked on the Quest for Glory series, Castle of Doctor Brain, Terry Brooks’s Shannara, and Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption.

Our talented team features JP Selwood on background art and animation and Al Eufrasio on character design. Brandon Blume created the original soundtrack. Programming in Unity and Ink by Cidney Hamilton and Philip Elder.

Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale is the first game in a new series of interactive visual novels set at Hero-U, the home of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/28/23 02:17 PM

Thanks, Ana!

Unfortunately, according to the Coles, GOG chose not to add this game to their catalogue because they thought it was "too niche."

I thought this was an odd decision in light of the fact that GOG has Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption and also carries many interactive visual-novel-type games.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/28/23 05:15 PM

Not surprising to me at all, Marian. They aren't very bright in their decisions at times because the Coles have a big following and people will play it only based on who created it.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/28/23 06:37 PM

Thanks Ana!

The "Cole" names mean nothing to me except what I read here on GB, and seeing this comment "They were the pioneers behind the adventure/roleplaying hybrid, combining computer roleplaying games with graphical adventures." actually gives them a thumbs down from me. I don't like role playing in my adventures! duh I should probably clarify that I don't like the idea of it anyway. I'm not sure if I've played any games of that nature, however, I do know that I have some of them, including Hero U Rogue to Redemption and the Quest for Glory series, but it kind of seems like a lot of games have some type of RPG elements to me now (and I don't like them).
Posted By: Marian

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/28/23 07:03 PM

Ob, I can understand your not wanting role playing in your adventures. The element in the Coles' games, though, is so mild that I don't think you would mind it all and might actually enjoy it after a fashion. For me, it was an exception to the rule. It was a happy conjoining that worked, and worked in a way that hasn't really been repeated successfully except for a handful of games (such as Mage's Initiation) since. It is all quite light, unobtrusive, and most importantly fun.

And I agree, Ana, that GOG's choices seem very arbitrary at times and I have to wonder why bother with curation when it is like this.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/29/23 07:49 AM

The “action” elements in the Coles games (that I have played, anyway) are, as Marian says, extremely simple.
Whereas, in comparison, some of them in the Quest for Glory games I found more difficult. And I had to “work my way” up to them.
But both proved to be very enjoyable 👍
Posted By: connie

Re: Summer Daze: Tilly's Tale Now Available - 03/29/23 02:08 PM

Thanks Ana.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community