GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 04/28/23 01:00 PM

Experience the first Point and Click Adventure Game based on “Edutainment”.

Play your way through references to Inca history and culture that gently blend with fantasy as you learn of ancient mysteries through more than 300 scenes of stunning graphics. Hunt for gold to help pay the ransom of the captured king, *Atawallpa. (*Quechua for Atahualpa).

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the official website here. (Check out the GB shoutout in the Creative Team section! hearts Clau is our very own Beasong)

CAN YOU FIND ALL OF THE GOLD?
Follow the trails, abandoned ruins, and caves as you solve puzzles and try to avoid traps laid by a bandit. Travel through breathtaking scenes that showcase clay sculpted characters.

This is not a game of action and shooting, but is peppered with fun surprises.

If you like to wander and figure things out while you hunt for treasures of gold in more than 15 fascinating Inca sites, this game is for you whether you are a seasoned adventure gamer or are new to the genre. There are 3 levels of play which can be switched at any time during play. We hope that beyond the fun, The Ransom of Atawallpa will inspire you to dig deeper into the many mysteries of the Incas still hidden in Perú.

GAME SCENES
Click images below for larger view.

ABOUT THE GAME
This game features in-game hints and a journal where clues and educational information may be kept for reference. This game also provides a map system to allow jumping to other scenes where an item may have been missed. At the end of the game journal there is a showcase where the awards are displayed for each of the 15 Tambos (Inca sites) successfully completed.

System requirements will be posted upon release and be available for Windows, macOS and iPad iOS.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 04/28/23 04:17 PM

Thanks, BET and Congrats. To Beasong !! 👍
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 04/28/23 04:57 PM

Thanks Ana!

Looks good Beasong!
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 04/30/23 02:23 AM

And I'm a beta tester for this one, so you can expect a totally bug free game! lol

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 04/30/23 02:38 AM

Alright Mikael! lol

(As in woot )
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 05/01/23 07:10 PM

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 05/01/23 09:35 PM

Thanks Ana, kinda looks like something to keep me Busy lol ... Hi Mikael now I know my pc won-t give me a tough time :smiley:
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 05/03/23 02:56 AM

Hey, you all. It's part your doing, this thing. You inspired me with all of your excitement and joy of playing games.
A couple more months before we can publish. Getting so exciting after 6 years working on it! Thank you so much for your encouragement.

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/27/23 01:17 AM

HEY, All! Thanx for the interest in this game. We have finally gone live and is being downloaded as we speak.
Flotsom helped beta test our game and Ana has been super helpful.
Mikael offered to help which we really appreciate. Everyone has been so supportive.

It is a 2D point and click for iPad. We will follow that with a PC and Mac version soon as we can.
We will also put a complete spoiler walkthru for those who want it on our website.
Also we will have coloring book pages that can be downloaded on our website.
We will also be making a table board game as a companion to the App.

We are of the mindset, if it's not fun, don't do it.
Thanx for your support, GameBoomers! You ROCK!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/27/23 01:31 AM

BeaSong, how exciting! I will look forward to the PC version. thumbsup

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/27/23 02:38 AM

Congrats BeaSong!

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/27/23 01:27 PM

Yeah !!
Will try the iPad version as soon as I can download it 👍
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/27/23 02:12 PM

Congrats on your Ipad release, Beasong and we look forward to the PC release! All the best to you!

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/28/23 05:45 PM

Got the game downloaded to my iPad and had a quick peek smile

[Lookin' good !! Just need to work out how to move around now grin]

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 11/28/23 08:01 PM

HEY GameBoomers! Your support has been stellar.
I have now put up a spoiler walkthru on the website for my buddies who are not adventure gamers but who wanted to support my effort.
I so apprediate you all. We are going to follow this with a table board game. I can't wait! Our prototype that is based on the App is way too much fun. Thanx again you all!!!!!!!💖 P.S. we are working on a PC and Mac version. I was able to play it on my Mac that has a M1 chip but we have to test it more before we say it's ready.

Re: Announcing The Ransom of Atawallpa - 12/06/23 05:01 AM

Thanx, Mad. The big difference is the drag and drop for the gold. The rest is to tap everything to see what they do.
Hope you have fun. 🥳
© 2024 GameBoomers Community