GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer

Posted By: Marian

Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 01:55 PM

HeR Interactive Announces Release Date for Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys. Latest Nancy Drew Game Releases on May 7, Official Release Trailer is Available Now.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the official website here.

RENTON, Wash., April 17, 2024 – Get ready for a thrilling blend of adventure, mystery, and history in the latest installment of the award-winning Nancy Drew game series. Step into the world of detective Nancy Drew as she embarks on a captivating new 3D video game, Nancy Drew®: Mystery of the Seven Keys™. This 34th entry in the long-running favorite amateur sleuth series will be released on May 7, 2024.

This all-new game will transport players to the heart of the historic city of Prague as they assume the role of the iconic Nancy Drew. Tasked with uncovering the truth behind the theft of a client’s heirloom necklace, players will navigate and explore the city’s mysterious old-world environments, encounter challenging puzzles, decode riddles, and discover clues. Players will find themselves entwined with medieval legends, alchemy, lore, and sinister cybercrimes as they uncover the real mystery behind the legend of the seven keys.

The game is compatible with Windows® PC and Mac® and can be purchased exclusively on www.herinteractive.com on May 7, 2024, and on Steam® later this year. Developed in association with Unity’s Accelerate Solutions group, Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys features a new, unique dual navigation system that allows for classic point-and-click or free-roam controls. Additionally, Unity’s real-time 3D engine brings detective gameplay to life with immersive inspections, character interactions, and fearless investigating.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 05:11 PM

Well, well.

Thanks Marian!
Posted By: judith

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 06:11 PM

I guess they didn't bring back Lani Minella for the voice of Nancy Drew, to me she was Nancy Drew.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by judith
I guess they didn't bring back Lani Minella for the voice of Nancy Drew, to me she was Nancy Drew.

No, and there was never any intention of bringing her back as far as I know.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 07:45 PM

Hm. Nothing on Steam about it.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 08:29 PM

Thanks, Marian!

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by oldbroad
Hm. Nothing on Steam about it.

Yes, I noticed that. I would assume it will be available from HeR Interactive and also from Steam, but we will just have to wait and see.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/17/24 09:22 PM

I'll buy it at some point if it is on Steam. I will not buy direct from HeR Interactive. Nothing against them; just want the game in a library where I can find it.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/18/24 10:00 PM

I updated the first post with the official press release instead of posting a new thread. It explains why it isn't on Steam now since you are chatting about it.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/18/24 10:19 PM

Thanks so much, Ana! hearts

I will probably wait until it comes to Steam. Unless HeR has changed their download policies from what it was previously, it's not all that great.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/18/24 10:52 PM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/19/24 04:59 PM

Thank you Marian and BrownEyedTigre smile

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/20/24 09:55 PM

HeR Interactive has now stated that for those who wish to have a physical copy of the game, a limited number of copies will be available for sale through their website after May 7th. However, they also said that if you order this way, they will not be sent out until later this year. How much later, I have no idea. They said more information would be forthcoming.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/20/24 10:09 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated about the game, Marian!
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/20/24 10:48 PM

Wonderful Thank You Marian for the heads up will be looking forward to it smile

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/20/24 11:19 PM

I am happy that you saw this news, Leeana! I know you have been hoping for a new Nancy Drew game. smile
Posted By: BeaSong

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/22/24 02:40 AM

OHBOY!!!! Been so long since I've played a Nancy Drew! What fun!
Thank you for posting!!!!!

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/28/24 08:09 PM

Something really cute on itch.io that you can find here.

Click on the Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys box.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/28/24 09:06 PM

I'm not getting anything except a "Construct 3" screen and then a black screen duh

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/28/24 09:27 PM

I get construct 3, then the game loads (takes a while - you can see the line moving underneath the construct 3 that shows the loading progress) and then the game starts.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/28/24 09:30 PM

I get construct 3, then the game loads and then the game starts.

Okay, when I just tried it a second time I got a black screen at the end. I guess maybe try it again later - that's all I can think of. Sorry about that!

Well, I just tried it a third time and had a black screen for a while and then the game finally showed up. Maybe you just need to give it more time.

Anyway, it's not a game per se but more of a montage, but I thought it was cute.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/28/24 10:04 PM

Thanks Marian! I will try a third time and leave it sit for awhile wink

Nope! Nothing! smile

Second edit: A half hour later I "refreshed" the page and then it started but then it got stuck. I guess I'll just keep trying until it works.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/29/24 06:36 AM

It worked for me. Very nice.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 04/29/24 07:15 AM

I guess it only likes nice people. I still can't get it! laugh
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 04:30 AM

Thank you Marian!

The first comment on the YouTube video conveys my sentiments exactly:

"It's never going to feel the same as the old games but it does look better than Midnight in Salem."

I'm going to play it of course.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 04:57 AM

I still have not been able to view it. Today, I do not even get Construct 3. Is it possible it doesn't work on Windows 10? headscratch
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 06:34 AM

I'm using Windows 10 and it worked for me. I'm using Firefox for my browser.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 07:57 AM

Thanks Uncle Reg. I'm also on Windows 10 and using Firefox.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 05:51 PM

I agree with that YouTube comment too, Mikael.

And yes, I will play it also.

And ob, since I have been banned from HeR Interactive's Facebook page for years, I don't think it only likes nice people. wink

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marian

And ob, since I have been banned from HeR Interactive's Facebook page for years, I don't think it only likes nice people. wink

rotfl How can anyone ban you, Marian!

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 09:06 PM

I was wondering that myself, Ana!

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 09:26 PM

I was banned for stating facts: not being abusive, threatening, or using foul language (which the latter is what they say is grounds for being banned). As you know, though, stating facts is often frowned upon now, and not just by HeR Interactive.

There is definitely some cognitive dissonance there, though: I am on IMDB because I am listed in the credits in the "special thanks" section for Labyrinth of Lies, Nancy Drew game #31. It's kind of funny, actually. grin

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 10:00 PM

Nobody likes to hear the truth these days, Marian!

So, I found you on IMDB. I always knew you were a star! urock

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 10:06 PM

Well how anyone as "contrary" as the Nancy Drew staff have been in recent years could ban YOU, Marian, just beggars belief !!

But wear that badge with pride. It will help to broadcast how people should behave yes

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/01/24 11:19 PM

Ob, that IMDB thing is funny. Usually that kind of gaming credit ends up on Moby Games, not IMDB. On the other hand, one of my grandfathers (who died before I was born) as well as my father's stepsister are on IMDB legitimately. smile

Mad, back in the days when Midnight in Salem was in production, the gaslighting of the fans by the company was outrageous and unbelievable. On the positive side, they have done ten times better with Mystery of the Seven Keys. They obviously are working hard to provide information to the Nancy Drew game fans and have also taken the many criticisms of Midnight in Salem into account. While I am not expecting the new game to equal the efforts of the old development team, I am hopeful that Mystery of the Seven Keys will at least be an improvement.

By the way, HeR Interactive has now said that Mystery of the Seven Keys will end up on Steam, but for how many weeks or months it will be an exclusive on HeR's site is unknown at this time.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/02/24 08:42 PM

Marian ....

I really began to lose interest in the Nancy Drew games when the number of "chores per game" players were asked to perform became quite ludicrous - even though I loved all the earlier games and played several of them more than once.

And then the later HeR Interactive shinnanigins finished me off altogether and sadly, I've not really any intensions of try anything new from them now, unless their games start to attract the superlative reviews they used to attract whistle

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/02/24 08:50 PM

I understand, Mad. Not all of the later ND games involved a chore overload, though. I do have a slight preference for the earlier games, but I definitely found some good, no-chore games in the later bunch of releases.

I think a lot of people feel the way that you do about trying anything new from the series, too. I feel the same way to some extent but my curiosity will get the better of me. smile

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/02/24 11:02 PM

Thanks, Marian smile

Maybe I missed out on some of the games that didn't have chores then. I don't know at this late date. But I thought I'd played all of them.

[However, I don't have any of them now to re-play and see woozy]

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/02/24 11:21 PM

A less expensive alternative if you picked any of them up now would be Big Fish. If you waited for a BOGO sale or something similar they would not be all that expensive (realizing, of course, that the price of Big Fish games has gone up for you, which is a shame!).

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/03/24 12:00 AM

Yes. Even the BF sales are now stupidly expensive for me, Marian. But thank you, I will bear that suggestion in mind smile

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/03/24 01:29 AM

Mad, I picked them all up a short time back when they were "bundled" for $3 USD each. Except, of course, the two they don't have.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/07/24 02:14 PM

The game will be available today from the company website as a digital download around 9:34 a.m. PST according to HeR. They have also announced that physical and Steam versions will be available sometime this summer.

Re: Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Seven Keys Official Trailer - 05/07/24 04:45 PM

Thanks Marian! I am still unable to view whatever it is you linked to. shocked
© 2024 GameBoomers Community