GB HOMEPAGE

Promotion

Posted By: Diamond

Promotion - 02/17/05 10:41 AM

Hi Martin - my, you get around. smile

Ray, I must say that I like the look of the red, black and white poster I saw (I don't have a link, I'm afraid). Good promotion for a game is so important and this poster is very striking.

There must have been some mistake in its creation, though, as the House of Tales logo was missing. I presume this was an oversight?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 12:35 PM

You can see the front cover of the box art here.

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 12:46 PM

Are you sure it's the box art? I thought it was an advertising poster or something. But even so, that's the one I meant and there's no HoT logo.

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 01:25 PM

The Adventure Company described it as the box shot when we received the press release.

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 01:32 PM

That's strange, I thought I saw a blue-themed box-cover posted somewhere. Still, I'm probably wrong.

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 01:35 PM

Diamond -- there are two other box covers that have appeared at one time or other for The Moment of Silence. One is a red box with what looks like circuits on it. That I think was never intended to be the final box cover -- just a place holder.

Then, at (I think it was) Gamespot, there was a box cover with a close-up of Peter Wright's face. It was blue-themed.

We at GameBoomers like watching for and speculating about the game boxes. Can you tell?

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 02:01 PM

While we're on the topic, my understanding (after reading a post by yet another developer) is that developers do not have much say in what the box art is like. Is that true?

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 02:09 PM

Generally speaking, that's been my experience.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Becky:
Diamond -- there are two other box covers that have appeared at one time or other for The Moment of Silence. One is a red box with what looks like circuits on it. That I think was never intended to be the final box cover -- just a place holder.
That one's here
http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/moment_of_silence/index.html
It's a bit too much like the cover for Sentinel.

Quote:

Then, at (I think it was) Gamespot, there was a box cover with a close-up of Peter Wright's face. It was blue-themed.
That one's here
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646089

I like this "blue-themed" one the best.
Posted By: ray-ray

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 08:07 PM

Hi There,

It depends on the Developer/Publisher relations, but generally yes - Publishers have more say, but there have been other times where it was not the case.

The BOX will look more like the White/Red Poster you may have seen on other sites - but there were improvements to the design especially the inside! When you pick up a copy, you'll see what I mean!

It truly captures the games excitement and intrigue!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 08:16 PM

I'm glad to hear it will look better than that white/red poster.
That was really hard on the eyes.
(Not that I'd see much of it anyway when it's on my shelf and only the edge of the box is showing.)

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 08:26 PM

Hey, Ray. Which publisher awards did you win?

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 09:33 PM

I'm not quite clear, do you mean what awards have TAC won in General?
Posted By: fov

Re: Promotion - 02/17/05 10:14 PM

On the box / poster it says "award winning publisher" - I think that was the basis of the question. smile

-emily

Re: Promotion - 02/18/05 07:43 AM

That's right.

Re: Promotion - 02/18/05 04:39 PM

Last i remember TAC did receive Adventure Game of the Year for "MISSING" this year and in 2002, we also got it for "Syberia"

As well as numerous accolades for PainKiller on the DreamCatcher side. (But thats a different story.)

Re: Promotion - 02/18/05 04:48 PM

But surely those awards are for the developers of those games, seeing as they are the creators.

While I appreciate that TAC should be credited for having the good sense to publish such quality titles (and long may it continue) I think it's stretching it a bit to claim an award that belongs to the developer.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community