GB HOMEPAGE

Spin-Top Game Site

Posted By: NYLady

Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 09:59 PM

How much are the games at Spin Top Games site? I went there and they list all the games and advertise FREE DOWNLOAD and we all know it isn't free.... I don't want to try a demo there unless I know what the game will cost if I decide to buy it. I can't even see a place to ask questions.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 10:11 PM

I believe that their games truly are free. More here.

Rusty monky
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 10:14 PM

Rusty, they are free to try for 60 minutes. The game cuts off after that.

NYLady, there is an email address for support in the stickied thread HERE.

Ana wave
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 10:15 PM

NY I don't know what they charge per game for members, non members that want a game past the demo will probably pay about twenty dollars.

Sue

Hi Monky man devilchili
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 10:25 PM

Ah, okay Ana - my mistake. oops Geesh, they could at least say that somewhere on the site so people know. duh Either that or I missed it (which is very possible crazy).

Hi Sue! wave

Rusty monky yay devilchili

EDIT - Aha! I found the reference to the 60 minute trial thing here in the FAQ's.

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 10:38 PM

Aha.......Monky you gotta read the fine print love.

Sue devilchili

I love this little chili devil!

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 11:45 PM

I'm sure they fool a lot of people with that gimmick. Yeah, I checked around and most of the other sites charge $19.99 so we can't knock Big Fish for not carrying some of the titles as they may not be able to sell them cheaper without taking a loss.

I really wanted Mysteryville 2 but not quite $19.99 worth of want. laugh

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/10/07 11:59 PM

It's really not a gimmick NY, people just need to read before they jump into the water.
If the games we want to play don't make it to BFG, we have a choice. But I'd rather wait and see if BF gets a game than pay twenty dollars any day.
BG is now offering adventure games also and it's a great price!
I'll stick with BFG but that's just me and my own personal choice.

Sue
Posted By: Linds

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/11/07 12:01 AM

I have bought some games from Spin Top as I can't get Big Fish to work on my computer.
I haven't found any type of club to join there. Their games are $19.99 each with unlimited re-downloads if you need to download it again for whatever reason. You get an activation code with each purchase.

Susan

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/11/07 12:04 AM

Thanks for the info Susan. I'm sorry you can't get BFG to like your computer though.

Sue

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/11/07 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: texaslady
It's really not a gimmick NY, people just need to read before they jump into the water.

Sue

If you go to their site, it does not tell you anywhere that the game you are downloading is a demo unless I need to trade my biofocals in for trifocals. That's what upset me. Being into these sites myself for months I realize it is just a demo as no game is free, but to a newcomer... it looks like a free game, and I think that is a "gimmick". Even Friedmonky thought they were free. I'm not sure if it states clearly it's a demo when you go to start the game... I sure hope so or someone would perhaps waste their 60 min. leaving the game running to answer a phone or something.

Check it out HERE
Posted By: Linds

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/11/07 11:49 AM

NY Lady,
After you download the Free Download and go to play it, it will ask you if you want to play the Trial Version or Buy the Full Version. I was confused too at first but after one time I expected it.
You do get 60 minutes of Trial Play.
Hope this helps,
Susan
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Spin-Top Game Site - 09/11/07 12:14 PM

Actually, it says right up front (see Rusty's link) " Our mission is to offer our customers the best games in a safe and secure family friendly environment. All of our games are free to try and 100% spyware & adware free - guaranteed!" The key word being FREE TO TRY.

Ana wave

© 2024 GameBoomers Community