GB HOMEPAGE

Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 11:32 AM

If you need a nudge or an outright answer for Hidden Expedition: Amazon, please post here.

There is a walkthrough by Margie Here on GameZebo

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Margie

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 12:29 PM

Hi Ana, Just a question. Since this is a hints thread do we still have to do spoiler tags when answering?
Thanks, Margie

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 12:41 PM

No ma'am....just feel free to type away. grin

Ana wave

Posted By: PATSY

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 12:57 PM

I already can't find the desk/drawer key. I think this game may be too hard for me.

Sorry, it's first room.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 01:18 PM

Hi Patsy

In order to get the items that are highlighted in blue you have to use inventory items to get to them.

Take the scissors that are on the lower left side of the scene and place them on the tear of the large red chair on the right.
If you already found the scissors,click on the inventory tab on the lower left and click the scissors from there.

margie b

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 01:19 PM

Out of curiousity Margie, what time did you get up in order to start writing the walkthrough? grin

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 01:24 PM

Let's just say....I got up BEFORE the chickens did grin
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 01:28 PM

Thank you Margie, you are wonderful.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 02:20 PM

Thanks Ana,for this thread waveI'm at the snakes in a basket I think I found the right instruments,and height according to the lines they are swaying! But that is as far as I can go so there is something I'm missing to solve this one thinkAny body else get past this part yet? I'd welcome a little nudge thanks wave
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 02:38 PM

The snakes all like a different tempo, except they all agree on one specific tempo...

Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 02:46 PM

Hi, wave
Where is the gopher? I see it's burrow and I found all other objects from the list, but there is nothing in inventory.Do I need something to put in the hole? think

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 02:51 PM

Hi Springchicken (I like that name)

Go to the last scene and get the bag of gopher food that is on the lower right. Then return to the scene you were in and place the food over the hole in the ground.

Margie B
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 03:03 PM

Margie, have you already finished this game? We are so happydance that you hang out with us wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 03:10 PM

No, I'm not that fast :-) I'm still playing. It takes me a while because I never play all the way through before writing. I write and take screenshots as I go along. Then I go back play again and check what I wrote.

I love this game so far. I really liked the puzzle with the monkeys that was so cute...once I got the hang of it, pun intended :-)

Thanks L4L, I'm glad to be here.

Margie B
Posted By: Babs in Scotland

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 03:43 PM

I am playing this game and thoughly enjoying it, but I have a problem in finding the one of the pages of the professors notes/diary namely the one just after resurfacing from underwater - here there is a door in front of me also a floundered fish I have plenty of hints left but unable to use them is anyone able to help me?
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 04:38 PM

Hi Margie, wave
Thank you for your hint. Going back. yes
Posted By: AZhot

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 05:36 PM

Hi Margie Help
I'm at the 3rd/4th area-the big golden mask, I get the one eye flickering but can't figure out the other side (with 5 symbols)
What am I missing???
Thanking you in advance, I know you have all the answers.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 05:52 PM

Hi Azhot,

You must be talking about the left side. You can't get the left eye to come on?
Click the symbols on the keys of the mask in this order.
Ankh,scarab,eye,scarab,ankh.
Basically it's in order from left to right.
That eye should light up and its mouth should open, click on the red button to end the level.

LoL, I wish I had all the answers but that's very cute of you to say :-)

Hope that helps.
Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 06:40 PM

See, you do have the answers--it worked thanks

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 07:51 PM

OK I see the bag for the gopher, but I've clicked on it & nothing happens-it does not register. It's under the camels chin???
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 07:51 PM

Ooh, I am a little further on & still not stuck. I love this game

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 07:52 PM

Great JennyP, that means you can be one of the hint gurus on this one lol
Posted By: Maineiac

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 09:00 PM

I am so stuck on the monkey puzzle. I must be the only one. I have been able to get the first two puzzles but the last one with the two lines I can't get. Anybody solved this one? I'll bet MargieB has. hardwall

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 09:07 PM

Thanks BFGuy,went back and got the right Tempo wave I'm now stuck on the Light Bulb Puzzle?? I'm sure the solution is very easy but I'm just not getting it!! Jenny have you gotten this far yet? wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 09:17 PM

Maineiac,since you have the first 2 monkey ones done. I'll give you some hints on what to do with the one with the 2 lines.

First off each monkey has a different weight to them.
The black monkey will bring the tiles down 3 spaces, the white one 2 and the smallest one, brings it down once.

You can combine the weight of the monkeys in order to get the tiles to fall where you want them to.More than one monkey can fit on a vine.

This is the part that will help you the most with that last puzzle.You can use the monkeys to bring down certain tiles and then use the small blue arrows on the side in order to manipulate the tiles to fall where you want them to go.

Once you move some tiles around, move the monkeys out and place them where they need to go in order to get the 2 lines just right.

Another thing you can do is click on the blue arrows before you start placing monkeys on there to manipulate the tiles. Then if they are not falling where you need them to go, you can use the method I mentioned above.
Does what I just said make sense to you?

CAILYN, I have a screenshot of the ligt bulb puzzle if you want.
Replace the broken bulb and pour the gasoline in the funnel
Basically what you have to do is place the bars at the bottom of the machine in the right order. it can be a litttle tricky to place them right

Good Luck, Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 09:22 PM

Cailyn, I am stuck there too. I have a plank and the fuel tank is empty. The tank does not like the plank. Tried to use plank as a bridge in another map with zero result. Now off to bed to sleep on it ...

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 09:30 PM

JennyP, Use the hammer that is on the lower right side of the scene and place it on the plank that is on the yellow train.

WATERFALL

Pick up the journal piece that is in the lower left side of the ground. Click on the blue bolt cutters that are on the right side of the scene and they will go into inventory.It is under the "Danger Bridge Out" sign.

Take the lightbulb that is on the left side of the scene. It blends into where the water actually starts falling down. Place the wood plank over the pencil sharpener that is on the lower right side of the scene and your third location will open up.

Go back to the red train car and place the bolt cutters over the chain on the door and a new location will appear that contains a puzzle.

CAVE

Pick up the journal piece that is on the left side of the water, by the boat.

Click on the red gas can that is on the top left side, It is in inside the trunk of the car.You should be able to take it from there.Good Luck
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/19/08 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Margie
Hi Azhot,

You must be talking about the left side. You can't get the left eye to come on?
Click the symbols on the keys of the mask in this order.
Ankh,scarab,eye,scarab,ankh.
Basically it's in order from left to right.
That eye should light up and its mouth should open, click on the red button to end the level.

LoL, I wish I had all the answers but that's very cute of you to say :-)

Hope that helps.
Margie B

What am I missing with this puzzle please? Rather than get the solution, where am I supposed to see what keys to play please? None of the symbols look like that page on upper left so I am missing something duh

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 12:00 AM

Hi Raylin, the keys are on the side of the golden mask. You should see small etchings on them, click on it.

Did you click on the wall so the papers could move. The symbols to play are there.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 12:04 AM

Thanks Margie, I figured it out finally rotfl and came back to post my "nevermind". I hadn't clicked on the papers on the walls which shows what you need to do.

Funny tune that plays when you get it, lol.

Love,
Linda

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 12:20 AM

Isn't that the way it always is, you ask a question and it's like a lightbulb goes of in your head :-)I'm glad you got it.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 12:59 AM

Thanks MargieB for the help with the monkey puzzle. I finally got it. yes happydance
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 01:16 AM

I can't find the gopher. He is probably in that hole that turns my cursor blue but I found everything else and there is nothing in my inventory... how do I get the gopher?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 02:19 AM

NYLady, go to the last area and find the bag of gopher food then go back and place it on the gopher hole. smile
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 05:26 AM

The snake in the middle is afraid of heights you adjust the snakes to right height by music instruments. There is a note on this page and tells you that. Hope it helps.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 06:30 AM

I am stuck with train trying to get all the lightbulbs on, I got all the bulbs on except one and tried using the bars so many ways. Any help much appreciated.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:15 AM

Aha, Margie, I KNEW there was another location - will pop plank on pencil sharpener when I get home from work, thank you

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 09:45 AM

I'm with MysteryFanatic,can't get the bars placed right a screen shot would really help.I have one bulb that I can' get to light up!Where would I go to see the screen shot? Thank's Margie wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Maineiac
NYLady, go to the last area and find the bag of gopher food then go back and place it on the gopher hole. smile

Thank you, I didn't know you could interact with other areas. Kewl.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 01:26 PM

YW NYLady. That aspect of the game reminds me of DC2 because you have to do that in that game too (go to other parts to find things.) smile
Posted By: b42241

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 02:45 PM

I am on page 40 of the journal. There is a scene with a round pad and three exits after doing puzzle. Is this the end of the game? There are no more options to continue. Help please!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 03:20 PM

Ok, I am obviously very very stupid. Fuelled the light bulb thingy, it is going on about bars. I can see no bars & have no bars. I now want to go to the bar & have a large wine. Please can someone tell me where these bars are in very short words & tell me how I lift/manipulate them.
Thank you

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 03:43 PM

Jenny, the bars are in your inventory and you lift them by clicking on them and holding until you want to place them, then just click where you want them to go.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 03:59 PM

I found them !!!! And I am a bit further on at last. Off to burn my evening meal. Thanks Maineiac
Posted By: kjos

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 05:21 PM

Really stuck on the snake puzzle. Have no idea what to do. Sure could use some help. Really a great game. Thanks
Richard

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 05:39 PM

Kjos, the snakes all like different music so find the instrument for each one and put it on the stool (they will sway when you find the right instrument.) Then adjust the metronome until you find the tempo they all swing their tails to together. Look at the color of their maraca and play the music until they rise to the same colored line on the wall.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 05:47 PM

Thanks Maineiac-will try it.
Richard
Posted By: momn8or

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:15 PM

OK. I can't figure out the monkey puzzle. I get that the colored symbols have to match the ones on the left, but I can't seem to accomplish the task. HELP!!!

Lisa

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:22 PM

Has anyone completed the puzzle in the temple with the gears? I have a weight and gear in my inventory but can't seem to make them go on the area that glows blue. Is there something that I'm missing? help
Posted By: b42241

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:30 PM

Look for a place to hang the weights in one of the scenes. You have to find four different gold gears and then get them all to work together.
Beware all: this game has a glitch and some of us have been unable to progress in the game after a certain point. Big Fish is aware of this and will have to make a patch for the game.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:43 PM

In the other scene when you hang the weights you get more gears to use for puzzle.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 07:51 PM

I did the gear puzzle !!!!!! It took forever.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 08:08 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm working on it now. I'm dissappointed to hear that this game needs a patch already. After all this time you would think they would have worked out the bugs before releasing it. Oh well! thanks frown
Posted By: deelberger

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 10:48 PM

I've reached the level that has the round stone on it with 3 caves that you need to open in order to acquire different items and open more map sites. This is after the monkey level and gears. We've solved the puzzle to open all 3 caves and retrieved items that were required.

There are only 3 things I need & all are in blue writing, they are slingshot, ring and heart. I've only got one item in inventory now, which I'm not even sure what it's called...it's like a snow globe that's in 2 pieces. A base and a globe. Both my husband and myself cannot figure out what to do. We can't use our inventory 'snow globe' anywhere that the arrow turns blue and we can't find any of the blue items now.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me??? I've been working on this for almost 24 hours (not straight through obviously)...any help will be greatly appreciated! I've restarted this level like 6 times already!

Dee

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 10:57 PM

deelberger, are you talking about the round stone with the shapes of a frog, snake etc. on it? If you are then I hope you get it open and tell me how to because I feel pretty dumb right now. Good luck anyway. blush

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/20/08 11:07 PM

No Maineiac it's a round surface with what looks like round lights that are unlit on it where you have 10 other round things with different symbols on it and you have to figure out which ones will do what you want them to depending on which door you're trying to open (like light up all the lights). It's very difficult but believe it or not, it's more difficult trying to figure out how to proceed after that's done!
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 01:33 AM

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. got all but 1 light bulb lit. did some one say there was a screen shot of this puzzle?
well i solved it but was just playing around with the hint button.
Posted By: chrysteen

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 01:52 AM

Im at the puzzle with the shapes frog bird dragonfly etc...help.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 02:00 AM

welcome to GameBoomers chrysteen

I'm not there yet, but I'm sure others are. Just stay tuned...

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:21 AM

The area your talking about the pictures of animals there is a button on each of them and it changes the shapes above them, you go back to the door which has each animals on it and if you clicked the right shape the door on the item turns gold in color. You can switch back and forth to each area to see if you have the right one the door is all the same color it will open.

My problem is where the three doors were the color wheel is I have open one door can't find the crowbar. I have tried doing the puzzle to open the second door and I had all the right colors but, it did not open a door. Has any one else had this problem?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:50 AM

Did you click all the levers/knobs/buttons on the right of tha door ? It worked for me, cannot remember which one did the trick
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:17 AM

Hi
I'm at the large stone with indentations and some jewels to put in it - I have opened a small cave with fire in it, but hints keep circling an area at the top left and I can't find anything there - anybody done this part yet? Is there a walkthrough on Gamezebo yet? I already got the oars from the light machine, but can't figure out where to find more jewels or what to do next.
Thanks for your help,
Kathy
Great game so far - I am really enjoying it!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:21 AM

Help ! Another pipe puzzle - I have some spare pipes but only one shape which will not connect the pipes together. I have connected a pulley to a rope in another location, nothing seemed to happen and also in that location is what looks like a green grinder, the cursor glows blue but I have nothing in my inventory to interact with it and I have found all the objects in all the locations.
Help.
Kathy, have you collected all the spare stones/jewels lying around the screen ? You need to use the oars in the boat in the other map.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:27 AM

The snow globe puzzle you take the globe to the first tunnel capture glowing flower and go back to tunnel two place on the alter and a door opens and there is your slingshot.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:30 AM

For anyone else stuck at that pipe puzzle, the shapes will rotate after you have put them down if you click on the green circle.
Off to make a calming cuppa

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:42 AM

Thanks Jenny,
I didn't have all the jewels yet and have now found then and after a few tries (!) with the rope - got the tunes right and got the scroll.
Kathy

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 07:02 AM

Help - totally stuck this time. I have to match 4 frequencies to open the 3rd door. I have fiddled & twiddled and said a few bad words beginning with b. Can anyone tell me the order of the shapes - or just tell me the first 2 so then I can 1/2 do it myself.
EDIT - 3 1/2 hours have gone & I am still stuck. insane
nd EDIT Whooppee , I did it. Have finished the game - did the last puzzle all by myself to my great surprise. Whooppee yay

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 12:30 PM

Ok...I captured the glowing flower, got the slingshot and used it to get the ring...now where do I put the ring???? I've never been so perplexed by a "casual" game before!

Thanks for all your help!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:03 PM

Hi Puzzler 46, The walkthrough will be out at Gamezebo today. I had some glitches in the game and it took a while for me to get the game going again or the uide would have been up yesterday. I contacted Big Fish and they helped me with the problems I was having.

There will be some screenshots missing in the walkthrough since my laptop shut down on me for no reason yesterday and I lost part of them.I'm going to play and get them up as fast as I can.

Let me know if this is what you need. I can also provide you with a screenshot until the walkthrough gets printed.

Find the gems that are scattered around the scene,Your goal is to place those gems in the correct holes on the large rock.

You can place the gems on the rock right away or you can drag them into inventory instead, I chose to place them in inventory.

A blue gem is hiding underneath the leaf that moves on the right edge of the scene.

There's one red gem that is hiding behind a large red rock.Click on the rock and grab the gem behind it.

The game shows you a partial view of how 6 out of the 10 gems need to be arranged in the lower right side of the scene.

Place the gems according to the picture that I provided above.
Once you place the rocks in the right place a rope will fall down from the left side of the screen.

Pull on the chord and you'll notice that the gems will light up in a certain pattern. You must duplicate the correct pattern 4 times in order to beat this puzzle.

Each time you play, one more sequence will be added.

If you're correct, pull on the chord to get your next sequence.

If you're wrong, you'll hear a light buzzing sound, pull the chord again to get a new set of sequences.

Once you're done the rock will crumble and the scroll with a map will be inside with the location of the beetle temple.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:05 PM

bravo Margie bravo You are fast wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:11 PM

I can't go any farther than the three doors puzzle. Is that the end of the game or the bug that was referred to, maybe I'm just missing something? Has anyone gone beyond this point? help

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:13 PM

Maineiac,

What was the last thing that you did?

Thanks L4L wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:17 PM

Margie, I believe it was to put the lever in place and find the crowbar. It then took me back to the round stone which was all smooth and that's it. There doesn't seem to be an option to go on unless I've missed something. thanks for your quick respnse. smile

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:19 PM

It seems that you and I have gotten to the same point Maineiac - I've gotten the ring in my inventory but still need to find the 'heart' which is in blue...but can't figure out where to put the gosh-darn ring! HELP PLEASE!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:21 PM

Hi Dee, the ring goes in the statue on the left that glows blue. Then you'll find the heart.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:22 PM

Did you do these steps? I just wrote this at Gamezebo for someone else so I do realize you've done some of them, it was just easier for me to leave it as is in case someone else needs it.

The snow globe goes on the blue plant that is on the lower left side of the scene that asks for ths crowbar.Once the snowglobe is full of light, it goes back to the altar and the slingshot will appear in the middle of the altar.

Take the slinshot and place it on the ring that the giant spider is holding, the ring will fall to the floor, pick it up. Place the ring on the small statue that is on the lower left side.The ground will open up. Click on the blue heart that is on the side of the well,it blends in with the scene.

Take the lever that is on the blue tree on the left and go back to the room that was asking for the crowbar. Place the lever on the left side, next to the door. The door will open and the crowbar will be inside.

Go back to the room with the altar and place the crowbar on the foot of the man that's been eaten by the plant.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 03:38 PM

Hi!!
Can someone tell me how the penalties work. I think I am doing real good but when my total comes up I see I have so many?? penalties. Also I cannot do the gear thing because of the blue things I can't find. I know this is a fun game but I can't understand this part of the journey.

Help!

Carlahelp

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 04:36 PM

Thanks Margie,
I will go to Gamezebo today. I got past that puzzle but now am tryng to figure out where the gears are for the puzzle behind the animal wall (I managed to get that one open by trial and error - mostly error lOL). I really appreciate you. bravo
Kathy

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:09 PM

Thanks so much Margie. I didn't even notice the man eaten by the plant. I should have realized there was more to do. thanks

Carla, my guess on the penalties has to do with how many times we click on the wrong things. I'm not sure but I think that might be it. idea
Posted By: KristiC

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:22 PM

Hi all--I am stuck on the temple puzzle with the big stone face. I've gotten to the level with the note saying 'you can find scratches on more than one face,' and I've made the hearts of the statues on the sides light up by making the big statue in the middle look like them. But I can't light them both up at once, and am not even sure if that's what I'm supposed to do. A hint would be much appreciated. Thanks! What a fun game.

Kristi

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:30 PM

Hi Kristi,
If it's the puzzle that I think you're on, you have to change the expression on the big stone face the same as the expression on the faces of the 2 small statues on the left and right side.

Click on the 5 poles that are in the middle, each one changes something different on the face. If you need help beyond that let me know.

Kathy,
it still hasn't been posted but it should post soon. I will post a link once it comes up.

Margie

Posted By: KristiC

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:31 PM

Uh, yeah--as per usual I magically figured this out myself just after posting. blush If anyone else is struggling here, I would just say that attention to every little detail matters--specifically (or at least in my case), make sure you notice that the figure on the left has a V-shaped symbol on her forehead. Happy gaming all! I'm leaving this evening for a 2-week business trip in Europe and it's just about killing me that I can't download this onto my work laptop--I know, my priorities may be a bit skewed... lol

Kristi

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:32 PM

You have to make it look like the face on the left. I think you then click somewhere but cannot remember where, sorry
EDIT Oops sorry, advice too late

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:34 PM

Thanks again Margie - I went and actually signed-up on gamezebo which I had not taken the time to do before. happydance
Kathy

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 05:55 PM

what do you do at the door with the dragonfly, bird, fish, snake, frog and butterfly? i found them in the other rooms but don't under stand what to do here

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:00 PM

I think once I got stuck, I was making things more complicated than they actually were! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND GUIDANCE! I finally finished this game! Now I've got to try to do it again and beat my time (as well as my husband's).

Thanks again everyone! Happy Gaming!!!!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:13 PM

My9rugrats,

Are you at the puzzle with the round circle with all the animals?

Go back to all the locations in that chapter and find all the animals that you found before. Click on the symbols above each of them and they will turn. Go back to the large circle and each time you've made the right choice, that piece of the puzzle will light up.Let me know if you need more details on what I just said. Thanks

Margie

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:16 PM

got it figured out thanks margie.
if you missed some of the pages to the journal can you go back to get them with out replaying game?
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 06:50 PM

I've been trying to sign up for Gamezbo but it keeps telling me I'm not typing in the code correctly. Is there some magic trick to doing this? I've used caps, what else is there to do?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 07:08 PM

Adorable, I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you tried signing up without caps? A lot of times when you enter the codes, the images look distorted on the screen and you may think you're entering the correct letters and you're not. This has happened to me several times on other sites. Try doing it again and you should get a new set of letters.

MypRugrats, As far as I could tell you could only replay the scenes you were just in. I didn't see a way to go back and find the missing journal pieces.

Margie B
Posted By: jojo1940

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/21/08 10:31 PM

I went into the last scene to get the gopher food. It picked it up but didnt go into inventory. Where did it go? I am confused

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 02:44 AM

I cannot get the gear puzzle..anyone have a screen shot?
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 03:22 AM

Do I need all the journal pages? I just finished the snake puzzle, got page 6 and went to South America. I seem to be missing page 3. I don't remember seeing it on the map. I assume it is just part of the story and not necessary.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 03:43 AM

Hi Chrysteen,

I wasn't sure which gear puzzle you needed so I'm linking to both of them for you.

Here is one Gear Puzzle and the other 4-Gear Puzzle Enjoy!!

Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 03:01 PM

Thanks Mainiac,

I also found that (I think) using the hints will be a penalty.
It really is a puzzler.

Carla

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 03:08 PM

Added the link for Margies walkthrough in the first post for anyone needing a peek.

Margie, thank you so much for your help here and the great walkthroughs. You're awesome!

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 03:29 PM

I second that Ana. There are many games I wouldn't have finished if it weren't for Margie and her walkthroughs. bravo
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 04:02 PM

I can't think of the logic behind the third circle puzzle to open the 3rd door. Can anyone explain exactly what one is looking for. The walkthrough doesn't show anything other than to point out the paper with the diagram, but I can't make any sense out of that either.

Flo
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 05:01 PM

Are you talking about the one with the flashing dots? If so, you need to choose from the symbols the ones that match the patterns. If I remember, there are fours spaces to fill. I just took the symbols one by one and tried them in each of the four spaces as the space was highlighted to find the matching pattern.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 06:55 PM

Thanks Boomers for all the support, it means the world to me to be here with all of you.

Just a side note about the walkthrough. There are some screenshots out of place and a couple of sections that I need to add to.So there are still some tweaks left to do but not too many.I will not be able to get that done until sometime tomorrow. The circle puzzle section is one of those. I see zookeeper took of that :-)

BTW, Zookeeper every time I read your signature it makes me smile, I think that is so funny. I told some of my friends and they laughed too.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 07:58 PM

Thanks Margie, I thought it was funny too. I can't take credit for it though. I got it from a funny email that a friend sent about parenting.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/22/08 11:20 PM

Hi Zookeeper,

So, I need to get the right symbol, in the right place, at the same time it is lit up? Then do the lights stay on, how do you know it is the right symbol?

Flo

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 01:00 AM

When you get the right symbol in the right spot the flashing dots of the outside circle will match the flashing dots of the inside circle. When you get all four right the door will open.
Posted By: Freya

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 05:51 AM

I have completed the second circle puzzle twice with the three rows of lights that are the same color lined up one under another - and nothing happens. I thought either the second door would open or another location would be avsilsble (via the map), but nada. Please advise.

I figured out what my error was. I failed to notice the two colored grooves on the outside of the outer ring.
Posted By: puzzlefiend

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 09:00 AM

Can anyone help? I have found all the gears and have placed them on the contraption, pulled the lever but only three gears are turning. I also need to find in the same screen an object in blue. The hint points to the back wall, but how do I open the back wall? Is it something to do with getting all the gears moving?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 09:12 AM

You need to get all the gears turning. There are piles of gears on both sides of the screen, did you find thhem all ? There is a bit of paper on the wall that tells you that you need to turn the gears !

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 01:44 PM

Hello Jenny B and thanks for your swift reply - but I can't see any piles of gears and I've followed the walkthrough by Margie to the letter but it doesn't actually explain how I get the gears moving to open that back wall - am totally stuck! I'm talking about the gear placement on the lower right of the screen below the lever that starts them moving. Can anyone else out there help me?

Can anyone help? I have found all the gears in the three scenes and have placed them on the contraption, pulled the lever but only three gears are turning. I also need to find in the same screen an object in blue. The hint points to the back wall, but how do I open the back wall? Is it something to do with getting all the gears moving? (It's the screen where you place four gears on the lower right of the screen underneath the lever).

I've looked at Margie's walkthrough and have restarted this level three times, but still can't get that wall to open. Can anyone help?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 02:12 PM

puzzlefiend, check your PM's.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 02:16 PM

Hello BrownEyedTigre

What's a PM and how do I check them?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 02:24 PM

Puzzlefiend, a PM is a Private Message. Only you and the people you allow can see them. You can find them by clicking on My Place at the top of the page. From there, you click on My Messages. luck

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 02:44 PM

Hi Puzzlefiend, If only three gears are moving then you may need to move one of the gears around. Some of them look similar so maybe one is out of place.Once you pull on the lever, all 4 gears should move and the back wall will open up by itself.

Once the back wall is open all the items in blue will be where the wall was located. I found out as I replayed the levels that some of the items in blue for that level will vary from player to player. I outlined in the walkthrough the items that I needed to find each time I played the game.

You may also want to try finishing as much as you can in the other scenes before you place the gears. If you're following everything to the letter then there's a small possibility of a glitch in the game. I had a few but not that one. In which case I would contact Big Fish and let them help you find the solution for what may be wrong with the game. I played that part twice so I know the solution for that was the same. Good Luck!

Just as a side note, I also found out that there are different solutions for the pipe puzzle. So the picture in the guide may not work for everyone.

Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 02:53 PM

Thanks Margie wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 03:45 PM

Thank you Margie
I have contacted Big Fish about this as I was having a problem with the gears, at one point ending up with four extra gears after I had placed them on the contraption. The extra ones were placing themselves half way into the scene, so perhaps I'll get an answer from Big Fish about this.
Just to say how much I appreciate your prompt reply and your walkthroughs - it's really generous of you to be bothered with ensuring people get maximum enjoyment out of games.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 03:52 PM

Hey Puzzlefiend, Thanks that is so kind of you to say.

What you just described definitely sounds like a glitch. I had an item from inventory that was floating in mid-scene and every time I tried to get it, it would go back down and disappear. I finally had to trick it and catch the item quickly before it disappeared.

I'm absolutely positive that Big Fish will help you solve your problem promptly. After all...They are the best company around!

Good Luck!
Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 04:12 PM

hello all,
margie I just wanted to thank you for your walkthrough I am sure I would have pulled out my hair a few times..that being said..I could really use screen shots of the final puzzle diagrams 1 and 2..thank you thank you.

EDIT:
omgosh ..I got it ..no need for the screen shots..thank you

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 04:50 PM

Hey Chrysteen, you're welcome! I'm glad you got through it. All screenshots should be completed by tonight so if anyone still needs one that is not posted, I'll be glad to place a link here>

Thanks
Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 05:06 PM

Hi Margie,

Your expertise is highly appreciated by all of us who get into a bind at some point during the game(s). Would you please give a little more direction for the third circle puzzle? I have read zookeeper's replies to Flo NS, but I am still unsure of how to proceed. Don't be too subtle as I am feeling a little fuzzy today.

Thank you.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 07:06 PM

Thank you Margie

BFG are so very good - it's a wonder they haven't snapped you up by now!

Will let you know how they respond - in the meantime, keep up the fantastic work you do.
Posted By: Diane L

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 08:39 PM

Hi Everyone...

I am new here, but I have been gaming for a while. I am thoroughly enjoying Hidden Expeditions: Amazon, but am totally stuck at the moment. I have completed the pipe puzzle (I think), except that I have one pipe left which is not connected, and the game won't let me change anything. When I turned the valve on the left side of the screen, steam come out of the whistle on the right side and the screen came up telling me I had completed the puzzle and to hang on to the handle that appeared. The handle never went into inventory, however, and while I could use it in this area (the pipe puzzle) if I could find a place to use it, I can't access it to use it in any of the other areas. It continues to hover just above the empty inventory area. Is there something I am supposed to do with this crowbar-lookalike on the pipe puzzle screen?

Thanks!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 08:49 PM

Hi ya Diane and welcome to GameBoomers

Here is GameZebo's Walkthrough by Margie. There is a picture of the completed picture of this puzzle, but I think I read a while back that this puzzle has several solutions.

There is also a long hint thread for this game here which might have tips that could help. luck

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 09:04 PM

Thank you,looney4labs. I have looked at Margie's walkthrough, and you're right, the puzzle is random so there is no one solution. The program has given me the message that I have solved the puzzle, and the inventory item appeared, although not in the inventory section. My problem, however, is that I can't change the placement of the pipes, I can't access the crowbar-lookalike thingy to use in any other area besides the pipe puzzle, and I can't find a place to use it there!

I see that I put my original message in the wrong place. Is there a way to move it to the Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Tips Topic?
Thanks for your response!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 09:14 PM

Hi Diane, L if you see that the game is telling you that the puzzle is solved it is because you probably clicked on the hint button several times. The first time it gives you a clue and the second or third time it will let you get past the puzzle by telling you it's been solved. However, it never shows you the solution itself.

When you say that you cannot access the crowbar is it because it's off the inventory screen?That was the exact section in which I had problems with the game. It would not let me get the crowbar.

You can restart that level by clicking on the mebnu tab on the lower left side and it will start you back at those 4 levels.

EDIT: Hi Freya,

Let me know if this helps you any.

This is basically a match game.
Look in the middle of the circle and you will see 4 slots and 4 gold lights underneath each slot. The gold lights will flash underneath each spot.

If you look on the circle, there are 2 sets of rings, an outside ring and an inside ring.Your goal is to match the pattern of the inside ring with the outside ring.

Pay attention to the patterns when each gold bar is under a slot. Some will light up every single light on the outer ring in a flashing motion. Others will light up half the screen at a time.Another pattern will light up one light at a time going around the circle.

Each mushroom that you place on the slots will create a different pattern on the inside ring (the ring closest to the center of the circle). That is only true when the gold bar is underneath that mushroom.In other words the pattern will show up on the inside ring when you place the mushroom on the slot that has the gold bar of lights.

Place a mushroom on each slot and watch the patterns that occur.
Once you place a mushroom on a slot, watch the gold bar underneath, if it's a match then you will have to do another one in order to progress in the level.

If it's not a match then you will have to start again.

You basically have to do this 4 times in order to pass the level.

Sorry it took me so long to get to you but it's been a busy day. I hope this helps you in some kind of way.

Puzzlefiend, thanks again for your kindness and please keep me posted on this issue.

Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 10:02 PM

Hi Margie...

Thank you so much for your reply and also for your sanity-saving walkthrough! smile The game told me I had solved the puzzle as soon as I turned the valve in the upper left corner of the screen. I didn't try the hint button (which did nothing) until much later after I found I couldn't get to the crowbar. And yes, I can't access the crowbar because it is off the inventory screen. I saw a message from you saying that you "tricked" it and managed to catch it...how did you do that? Is this glitch
random...I mean if I restart the level, is it possible I can get past it?

Thanks again!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 10:45 PM

Hi Margie...

I caught the crowbar thingie! Thanks to you, now I don't have to restart the whole level again. It was your message to someone else about "tricking" it and catching it before it disappeared that did it. smile

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 10:49 PM

I can never say for sure what will work and what will not. I will tell you what I did. I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it, the crowbar was still above the inventory bar. I restarted the level and the same thing would happen.

The way I tricked the game into giving me the crowbar was by watching as the crowbar started going back down and I tried to place my cursor in the location in which I thought the crowbar would go down to. I clicked it quickly so that the crowbar landed in just the right place on my cursor. I did this about three times (I think I was lucky that it was only 3) until I was successful.

Important note: Don't try to catch the crowbar in the pipe scene since you can't use it over there. Catch it in the last scene since that is where it needs to go.

I just realized that I keep calling it a crowbar when it's really a pump handle..ooops.Sorry but you get the picture. I hope this helps. Good Luck

EDIT: DIANE, I guess we were posting at the same time because by the time I finished writing this I saw your response :-)Congratulations:Glad it worked out.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 11:09 PM

Margie, you are amazing my friend! Your help has been immeasurable. kissy

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/23/08 11:40 PM

Thanks Ana, My Pleasure!!! but you already know that :-)
Posted By: joycef

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 01:28 AM

I hope some one can help me. Looking for the arrow in the scene that the sling shot is on the list. found everything bur arrow
I have used the hint button but for the life of me I can not find the arrow I am almost to the end. Its so disgusting when yoou can not finish a game.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 01:47 AM

joyce, have you looked at the walkthrough? If it's not on there, feel free to send me a screenshot and I'll take a look at the picture and find it for you.

If you have any more questions please stick to this thread. It makes it much easier to search for hints when it's all together.

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 02:15 AM

Thank you Margie. Just got home after being gone most of the day. I came up to the computer and looked to see if you had provided an answer to my 3rd circle bewilderment. Your reply cleared it up for me, and I then finished the puzzle in a matter of minutes.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 02:32 AM

Glad you were able to move on Freya!

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 03:21 AM

Please someone tell me what I am to do next after assembling the steam pipes and getting the pump? A message comes up and tells me not to lose the pump that looks more like a crowbar lol. I never want to have to assemble that steam pipe again and afraid to leave the screen for the map. I don't see anything to click on to open a new place to go.

Thanks in advance for your help. Margie, thank you for your walkthrough also, read it but still don't understand how to get to new screen after finishing the steam pipes.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 04:05 AM

Sherryah,

Once you get the pump handle or as I seem to call it, the crowbar,click on the 'map'tab that is below your "inventory" tab in the lower left and you'll see the last location there. Don't hold on to the pump handle, leave it in your inventory and then grab it once you get to the last location.Have you finished the previous locations as well?
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 04:12 AM

Yipee thanks Margie it worked. Now I have to find the crowbar which of course your walkthru says go back and play that circle game again. BTW I had the same problem catching the pump, and even though it looked like a hopeless bug,your technique worked. BFG needs to fix it with a patch though. Big hugs and thanks alot. I love this game, sad it is coming to a end. This is the way hidden object games should be made, it has everything I ever wanted in a casual game.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 05:19 AM

I just finished the game with some help from Margie both directly (posted here) and indirctly (Gamezebo walkthrough). It is much appreciated. Also Ana, thank you for your friendly acknowledgment.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 11:45 AM

Way to go Freya! What's next to be played? grin

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 06:19 PM

I will probably take a break. For me, computer games tend to be more of a rainy day activity - and unlike the mid USA, California is concerned with fire, not water, this time of year. Then I will try Peter Hewitt's new game, "Cooroora."

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 06:25 PM

You will enjoy Cooroora Freya, I like it alot and so does the rest of family.
Stay safe!

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/24/08 08:17 PM

Well, I just finished the game. It's a good thing, because I haven't done a thing for the last 2 days except play it! (My husband is glad, too, 'cause now maybe he'll get a decent meal!) smile Anyway, it's like reading a good book...you can't stop reading/playing, but it's kind of sad when you get to the end. <smile>

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/25/08 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
If you need a nudge or an outright answer for Hidden Expedition: Amazon, please post here.

There is a walkthrough by Margie Here on GameZebo

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Thank YOU Margie praise
Just in time, lol.

Linda

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 10:21 AM

Hello Margie
I received a reply from BFG who said it sounded like a glitch and to redownload the game. However, I was able to finish it without redownloading, so the glitch really was inconsequential. Sorry I've come to the end of it, I enjoyed it so much, but certainly couldn't have got as far as I did without your help and walkthrough in places.

Fabulous game - they should all be as good as this.

Thanks again Marie xx

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 12:02 PM

Hey Sherryah, You are welcome!! wave

Puzzlefiend,

I'm glad you were able to play the game all the way through without any problems. I know... it's always cry sad when a good game ends. At least we have Azada 2 to look forward to bravo..I can't wait.

Hey Ana and L4L Just like to say hi to you all whenever I can wave yay

Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 12:06 PM

Hi Margie! happydance

Ana wave
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 10:06 PM

Is there a walkthrough that is just text and no pictures?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 10:17 PM

Is it for printing purposes that you ask?

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 11:15 PM

Yes, exactly.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 11:22 PM

CYE

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 11:42 PM

Thanks so much Ana. Much appreciated.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/26/08 11:43 PM

Anytime!

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 02:35 PM

I have the 4 gears, but can't get the last one in. I don't even know if I have the rest of them in the right spot. Do they stay in when they are? I've looked at the WT at gamezebo, but it's hard to tell.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 02:46 PM

Tammy, I have not had the chance to even start this game yet, but I know that the gears are discussed in this thread multiple times with lots of suggestions. Please look through to see if they help and if not I'll try and get help.

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Tammy64
I have the 4 gears, but can't get the last one in. I don't even know if I have the rest of them in the right spot. Do they stay in when they are? I've looked at the WT at gamezebo, but it's hard to tell.

Hi Tammy64, You will know the gears are in the right place when you see a gear move slightly right after you just put it in place. If you can't get one in, move them around because that means that one is out of place. If you want me to send you a bigger view of the screenshot, let me know and I'll post a link here for you.It will make it easier to see.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 05:39 PM

Thanks Margie wave

Ana wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 07:10 PM

Well, I can't find the axe in the gears room, and I have tried several times to get the gears in place to no avail. No matter where I put them, they just don't work. They also keep floating around so I can't even put them back in inventory.

I have also tried to uninstall the game and re-install it only to end up right back where I left off. Have deleted all the cookies, did a search for the game, and deleted everything that I could find - still end up back at the same place - not the beginning.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/27/08 07:41 PM

Tammy 64,I think you have a definite glitch in the game, the gears should not be floting around. I would contact BFGs live chat before they sign off for the weekend.

Hey Ana, You're Welcome wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/28/08 02:40 PM

I have the slingshot, but can't find the crowbar. I also can't do the flashing lights puzzle (gives me a total headache). Any help is appreciated.

I finished the game. Got a score of 145,447 (Rank 2). Oh well, maybe do better next time.

Thank you, very much. to everyone for their help.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 06/29/08 02:03 PM

Congrats Tammy! Way to go! bravo

Ana wave
Posted By: cjp

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/05/08 11:18 AM

Still stuck on the pipe puzzle. Help please.
Posted By: misa

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/05/08 01:42 PM

cjp, if you click on "hints" a number of times, the game will solve it for you.
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/08/08 04:42 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know Casual Game Guides has just released a new Hidden Expedition Amazon Walkthrough Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/08/08 05:33 PM

thanks Patricia wave

Our members love the help puppy

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/08/08 07:13 PM

I also found out that you can re-start the game, if you make a mistake and want to fix (like forgetting to pick up the journal piece or anything else), you can go into "Options", delete the name you put in there to play the game, then click on "Add", and just put the same name back in that you originally used. The game will then start from the very beginning.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/08/08 08:17 PM

Good to know Tammy wave
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/17/08 03:30 PM

Margie, as has been said before, I am sooo stuck on the monkey puzzle. cry I read your wt (and a very good one it is thumbsup) BUT, my brain absolutely refuses to connect with the monkey stuff duh I can click the monkeys in place and click the blue line, but the whole thing might as well be in a foreign language cause I can't make any sense of it headscratch think. Could you maybe pretend I'm a mentally challenged 3 year old and explain it in big block letters? thanks

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/19/08 01:17 PM

Hi Bkrytr,You're pretty funny :-)

I do not know if you're still stuck and I'm sorry but I did not see your post earlier. I'm not sure if I know of another way to explain that monkey puzzle. There's only one good way to explain something and that is by example. If you could send me a screenshot of the one you're stuck on I may be able to give you a step by step explanation of what to do. Maybe once I do that it may make sense to you then.

My only other advice to you is if you absolutely cannot get it is to click on "hint" several times until the game solves it for you.

I'll check back and see if you printed a screenshot.

Margie B

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/19/08 01:52 PM

Hey, Margie! Funny, huh? crazy Too bad I can't make money on it! grin Since I'm stuck on the very start, I'm gonna do the hint hint hint thingy. thanks so very much for giving me an out!! yay wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/23/08 02:13 PM

I'm on the pipes page and put them together wrong and I cannot pull them apart to put it right. The game cannot progress.

I have the crowbar and the pulley.... What can I do??????

I really want to finish the game. I've already clicked hints now there are no more. How do I get the handle?
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/23/08 02:45 PM

I found it does help to restart a level when I became confused or stuck.
It is a great game.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/23/08 03:17 PM

How do you restart a level without having to go through the whole game from the start?

Never mind...lol I found it. Never noticed it. How neat to be able to do a level over. Never saw that before in a game.
I like that. I redid the level and put my pipes together and am movin on to the next level.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/29/08 05:48 PM

Me, again. Me, and the gears. In the first scene the wt says to go to scene 3 and get the gear key to unlock the 1st scene gear. No prob. Got the 2nd scene done and started on the 3rd. Got stumped when told to get key high right back stone wall. That's where I got the key to unlock the gear in the first scene so it isn't there, and it's not in inventory either. help please?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/29/08 06:00 PM

Bkrytr, can you be more specific as to where you are. I was googling for help, but that game has lots and lots of gears lol

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/30/08 02:53 PM

Sorry, L4L, I was making things more complicated than they were. oops Didn't need than dern key. slapforehead Got those gears up and got on with the game. thanks anyhoo! wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/30/08 04:32 PM

yay Bkrytr

Glad you figured it out. Have fun wave

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 05:32 PM

Have played the game 2 times and contemplating a 3rd since I can't seem to find Rachel??? duh
I know I asked once already, okay, I'm off to the corner now.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 05:41 PM

Trippy, the Gamezebo Walkthrough is here.

I searched it for "Rachel" and only found where you are told to find her.

What room or area are you in?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 05:41 PM

Rachel? I don't remember a Rachel, I don't think. think What diod I miss? lol

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 09:45 PM

L4L, isn't her name Rachel? She's first at the campsite, then follows along only she and the donkey suddenly disappear. "It's as though their tracks disappeared into thin air", or something like that.
Poor Rachel.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 09:53 PM

Maybe I googled the wrong game. Let me go google again.

Edit: Yep, it's Rachel. Here's the section from the WT at Gamezebo
Quote:
Then a letter appears telling you to look for Professor Mandible who got lost in the jungle while searching for the lost Beetle Temple. Your mission is to find Rachel and the professor using the map.

But when I look further for the name, it does not appear duh

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 11:39 PM

L4L, she's seen only at the campsite and I think you have to find 20 flowers or something then mentioned in the journal especially in regards to the gears since she's supposed to be good at that but thats after she disappears. Quote: "I wish Rachel were here, she knows things like this".
She's briefly mentioned at the very end by the Professor, but nothing to explain why she disappeared in the first place; why her footprints just disappear.
Guess have to accept that it's an unsolved mystery, unless...a follow-up game?

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 07/31/08 11:41 PM

Ahhhhhh I see. Now I understand! Thanks puppy
Posted By: cjp

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 08/05/08 08:43 PM

Anybody out there have a trick or screen shoot of circle 2 game in amazon. I'm going bonkers.

JC

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 08/05/08 09:18 PM

Hi JC

This puzzle is random but there is a strategy Here at Gamezebo.

Scroll down the page. luck
Posted By: bless

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 09/05/08 09:11 AM

i'm in the last game and don't know how to end it. I've found the professor, but now I need the heart and ring and destroy the spider?? but i've only have a glass ball and no idea how to do it. anybody has the answer???
thanks

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 09/05/08 02:52 PM

Bless, did you check the walkthrough at Gamezebo to see what you may have missed from my post above? luck
Posted By: misa

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 09/05/08 03:39 PM

bless, see this screenshot here that is from the walkthrough. Shows the location of the heart and ring and where the ring goes.

Also check near the bottom of the walkthrough page that looney posted for more direction on that scene. If you don't want to spoil the rest of it, here's the instructions from the walkthrough:

Click to reveal..
* No Journal page in this scene
* Pick up the lever that is on the left side, on a small blue tree.
* Take the slingshot and place it on the ring that is on top of the scene, by the giant spider, and the ring will fall to the ground.
* Click on the ring to place it in inventory.
* Go back to the 2ND location and place the lever on the slot that is on the left side of the door.
* Pull on the lever and the statue will move out of the way, revealing that ever elusive crowbar.
* Click on the crowbar and it will go into inventory.
* Go back to the third location and you'll see the foot of a man that's been eaten by a plant. Take the crowbar and place it on his foot.
* Go back to the 4TH scene, the one with the giant spider and take the ring from your inventory.
* Place the ring on the small statue that is on the lower left side of the scene and the well will open up.
* The heart is actually the same color blue as the inside of the well. It blends in really well on the left side. Click on the heart to end that scene.
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 09/07/08 09:10 PM

You can also find a complete walkthrough by following my link below. I find having 2 guides is helpful since they are alway written from different views.
Posted By: bless

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon Hints and Help thread - 09/15/08 02:37 PM

Thanks, i've managed to solve this page. i had no idea what to do with the broken lamp and therefore couldn't find the slingshot. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community