GB HOMEPAGE

Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 11:19 AM

Todays game for Club Members , tomorrows game for all.

It's tomorrow! Get Magic Enclyclopedia here.

Quote:
Magic Encyclopedia: First Story takes you on a journey of magic and wonder as you guide a young lady on a quest to find her brother and stop the manifestation of a terrible evil. As you search beautiful hand-painted scenes for hidden objects, solve cunning puzzles and enjoy delightful mini-games, you`ll move ever closer to the startling discovery at the end of the journey. Hours of relaxing gameplay that will stimulate your mind and enchant your spirit lie ahead!

Mind bending adventure.
Hundreds of objects to find.
Clever storyline.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: JennyP

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 11:24 AM

I think I'm being led astray ...

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 11:46 AM

grin I'm trying my best.

Ana
Posted By: misa

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 12:52 PM

This is great! I was waiting for this one. smile
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 01:35 PM

This is a fun hog but is there a hint thread already here?
also here is a dumb question when I want to end the game and return to the menu the escape key doesn't work, so what do I use to exit the game?

I am stuck in the beginning at the mayan temple and putting together the picture in the mirror. I think I have it correct and yet they are not saying I do. I keep running out of time on this one. Please can someone take a screen shot of what the face is suppose to look like?

I really like the interaction with objects in a hog and this has alot of them. Graphics are gorgeous in my opinion.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 01:45 PM

Sherryah, you can post for help here: Hint thread or just ask here. I don't know if there will be a lot of hints needed to start an official group hint thread.

Ana wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
This is a fun hog but is there a hint thread already here?
also here is a dumb question when I want to end the game and return to the menu the escape key doesn't work, so what do I use to exit the game?

To exit, click on the orb thingy (top right corner) which brings you to the map and then click menu, then exit.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 03:09 PM

Fantastic! All these new HOGs from BigFish thumbsup wave

Bernie monky

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 03:42 PM

thanks Misa, didn't try that way to exit game. duh
Please can you tell me the answer to where I am stuck? think

I am still stuck in the beginning at the mayan temple and putting together the picture of the woman in the mirror. I think I have it correct and yet they are not saying I do. I keep running out of time on this one. Can someone please have mercy and tell me what I could be doing wrong? insane

I am lining up the outline of the helmet and the outline of her face and eyes, eye brows and her braid. There seems to be a part of the puzzle I can't move that is at the far outer ring with what looks like the color of her braid, but that puzzle ring won't move. help

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 04:15 PM

I haven't reached that part Sherryah. Have you checked the other thread? Or maybe look through the Gamezebo forum for help.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 04:18 PM

There is a timer?

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 04:22 PM

Sherryah
The part you can't nove is in the right place. The others will to. Timer isJust in the puzzles Ana.
Richard

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 04:36 PM

Hi Richard wave
Did you get past the part in the Myan temple where you have to put together the scrambled pieces of the face of the woman?
I really think it looks perfect, I lined up the helmet and face contours, and braid, eyes, eye brows, what else is there?

Can you take a screen shot of the finished puzzle?

If the pieces would just lock in and not move anymore it sure would have helped. What was the hardest piece for you to line up with the rings? Thanks for your help

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 05:17 PM

Sherryah
Once you get the pieces in place they will lock in. Start with the center and once you get it locked in place keep going with the rest. I think you can start anywhere. The eyes are looking streight ahead. Once you get one circle it's easy. I think there are 6 circles.
Richard
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 05:23 PM

I LOVE this game and have been waiting for BF to get it up!! yay
hearts Love BF!! Best thing that has ever happened to gaming!!!

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
If the pieces would just lock in and not move anymore it sure would have helped. What was the hardest piece for you to line up with the rings? Thanks for your help

It actually does lock when you get the piece right. Start with the one beside the locked piece and it will lock when it's correct then move on to the next piece.

For me, the outermost piece is locked and I just moved inward from there.

ETA: Here's a screenshot. Only the middle piece wasn't done yet (it goes to another screen right after you complete it).

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 07:19 PM

Thank you very much Misa and Richard. Misa thanks for the screenshot this will really help me. Also none of my pieces were locking so I know they must not have been correct.

Big hugs to you both from Ireland
Sherryah
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 07:20 PM

I'm loving this. Thanks for leading me astray, Ana

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/18/08 08:11 PM

Sherryah, good luck with getting past that puzzle. Remember to start with the one immediately beside the one ring that is already locked and go from there.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 12:25 AM

bravo Thanks Misa, the puzzle was so easy once I knew the pieces would lock if correct.

Now can someone help me in the Mayan Temple in another part where I am stuck. I really want out of this Temple screen already finished the Indo China screen can't see anything else to do.

I have one piece of a green stone tooth left. Where the 3 little statues are. I opened that secret opening once I fixed the last little statue. but what goes in there?

Also where are the drumsticks to play the drums? I have clicked on everything on this screen it seems and nothing new is coming up. I think I Finished the Indo China screen there doesn't seem to be anything to do there. I have no more clues left and really am stuck. Thanks in advance for whoever reads this help. Sherryah
Posted By: fildil

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 12:48 AM

I love this game. It reminds me of Mortimer Becket. I only hope that this game is a little longer. They should make more of these types of games. I like them so much better than just a straight HOG. It's like doing the puzzles in the MCF games.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 12:56 AM

wave I agree Fil this game is great and the interaction with objects is really mind bending but fun.

Update..........
I solved the puzzle where I was stuck with how to play the drums at the Mayan Wall and do not need any help with that. Victory
Dance. yay
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 01:14 AM

Sherryah, that is great bravo

How did you do it? wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 11:28 AM

fil I loved Mortimer Beckett, now I can't wait to try it!

Glad you are unstuck Sherryah.

Ana wave
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 02:52 PM

Wow! I just finished Magic Encyclopedia and it was awesome. It definitely reminds me of Mortimer Beckett (a supercharged, expanded and much more difficult Mortimer Beckett.) This was better than Azada and Azada 2. The only timer was on the mini puzzles and there were loads of them to play with. Just when you think you're hopelessly stuck, you find a hot spot in another map location and everything falls into place with a chain reaction of the final missing pieces for all your objects.

It was a long game - and finally glitch free. Increasing difficulty, but not impossible. Nice variety of mini puzzles. I love that when you use up your clues, you can do a simple HOG search for question marks and get more clues. Word of caution though, be sure you've found all the jewels and question marks before you request a hint or the hint will just highlight a jewel or question mark instead of the piece you're searching for. If you can't find all 10 question marks to get more clues, you can just go back to a map location and then request more clues and a different HOG screen pops up.

I can't wait to play it again, but I really need to stretch, rest my eyes and take a nap first.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 02:55 PM

yay ScarletD happydance

Everyone has seemed to enjoy this a lot. I'm downloading now puppy
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 04:33 PM

This game is great! I stayed up WAY past my bedtime playing it last night. smile
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 06:07 PM

wave Looks like a great game! Scarlet, how long would you say it is? thanks
Posted By: cjsbmoore

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 07:10 PM

Hi all!!! I'm playing Magic Encyclopedia right now, but am stuck in Egypt. I'm trying to figure out the mini game where you can't have the beams from the gems overlap, but am having problems. If anyone who has passed it would help, that would be great!!!
Posted By: fildil

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 07:23 PM

Hi, I'm in Africa and I can't get the last piece from the hut with the boiling pot. I put in the thistle, coconut, salt and crushed tooth, stirred, brought to a boil, but nothing happens. I don't know if I supposed to have the spoon and mineral salt left in my inventory but I do. I've tried using them on the pot, but nothing. The last piece of hammer is hidden, I'm guessing in the pot, but can't get it. Anybody up to this part yet?

Nevermind, I found out why. grin
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 09:49 PM

I don't have a hammer. I can't find the last piece for it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/19/08 11:51 PM

Try to get some more saves they help a lot. So far I have 30.
Richard
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 02:59 AM

Sherryah the face in the mirror has to be worked from the outside edge in, I had the same problem, you also have to make sure the little lines line up too.
I'm loving this game. It's the math one that's got me, I hate have always hated maths, I was so happy when I discovered Spreadsheets. I could be a long time with that clock in the saloon.
Inge

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 05:00 AM

You have to grind the salt in the mortar and pestle before you put it in the pot.

Also, in untangling the beams of light that overlap, I visualized untangling a knotted garden hose or a necklace chain. It helped "see" what I needed to do.

Darlene: I stayed up all night playing this game. It must have taken me at least 8 hours to play from start to finish.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 05:19 AM

wave Thanks for the feedback, Scarlet! I think this one is a keeper!

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 01:55 PM

In the wild west
I have tried and tried to finish the math puzzle rings and failed. insane

Oh I hate this puzzle! smashpc

Do the puzzle pieces lock when correct? think

Please can someone help me figure this out? I understand you are to add the outer ring that doesn't move with the second ring correct? But what does this have to do with the small inner ring with the 4 sets of numbers? Do all the rings around the 2nd circle have to add up perfectly? think

I am so very stuck and fear its the end of the game for me here.
Please rescue this fair maiden in distress. help sad cry

Johnnycowgirl did you get past this one yet?
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 04:04 PM

Nope! I always go off and play something else for a while, I hope when I go back I have found out some magical fix. Ido hate numbers
Inge
P. S. I wish it wouldn't put my full name at the bottom I always foorget to un tick.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 04:21 PM

This is how I did it.

Start at the center, pick a number, then find the next set of numbers that add up to it. Line them up and all the other numbers will be lined up correctly, then go to the next set of numbers to find the right combination, now you have all 3 inner circles lined up. Write down your combinations as they appear. Leave them alone until you can find a combination of numbers that add up to whatever number you pick. Then turn the sections one at a time to line up with the outer combination, keeping in mind the way the inner 3 were connected.

Try to concentrate on one center number all the way through.

Hope this helps.

Flo
Posted By: x2kul

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 04:29 PM

I'm stuck in Africa. I got all the wood for the bridge, but when I clicked it, it just went on the ground and the bridge is still not fixed. Also, I have chalk and a spoon, but no salt. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with them. Spoon for mixing once I find the salt, but what about the chalk for drawing. I tried clicking for hints, but on every scene, I either get "remaining objects are hidden" or "you have what you need, now figure it out" DUH if I could figure it out, would I have clicked on the hints button?!?! Oh yeah, I also am missing 1 crystal in England, but I get the same messages, so I can't get a flag on the location.

Thx in advance for any help laugh
-Laura
x2
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 04:56 PM

I'm stuck in the very beginning -- the screen with the mouth thing over at the right of the screen and the thing that you put in the building that now lets you punch in symbols. I've found all the item parts, but I don't know what three symbols to punch in. I used a Hint and all it said was "Solve the puzzle." (Stupid useless hint). Is this a process of elimination to choose which three symbols to type in? Do I have to sit there typing in all combinations of 3 out of 9 symbols? Or is there a clue somewhere on the screen?

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 06:33 PM

Sherryah: The number puzzle is in a circle with rings. When it's completed, the entire circle will be divided into quarters. (Notice the inner circle is divided in quarters.) Pick one of those four numbers and start moving the surrounding rings. Yep, it's a tough one!

x2kul: The salt is a block that is hidden inside an object that needs completed. (Do you want more info?) Remember to grind the salt in the mortar and pestle before you add it to the pot. The ingredients and spoon disappear once everything is completed correctly. The chalk is used to draw a mouth on an African mask. The hot spot is kind of small and easy to miss. It will say, "This mask needs a mouth." I think its in the center right of the village scene. Just having the wood for the bridge is not enough. You have to complete the hammer and the final piece of the hammer head is hidden inside an object that needs completed. Once you have the wood and hammer, go to the bridge and click the hammer on the bridge.

Jenny100: I have to go back and look at that scene again. There's a puzzle nearby that needs to be done and then three "smoke signal" type emblems appear and light up to show which three symbols you need. Not sure if the symbols are random but I'm guessing they are. For what it's worth, the three symbols I had were the circle with four little spurs at each quarter, the circle that looks like crosshairs on a rifle scope and the symbol that looks like a backwards C. If you still can't find it, I can post the exact puzzle you need to solve.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 07:21 PM

Sherryah
I'm having the same trouble with the numbers as your having. It would take me about 1 hr. to add all the numbers up. I think the timer is about 5 minutes. Not enough time.
Richard

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I'm stuck in the very beginning -- the screen with the mouth thing over at the right of the screen and the thing that you put in the building that now lets you punch in symbols. I've found all the item parts, but I don't know what three symbols to punch in. I used a Hint and all it said was "Solve the puzzle." (Stupid useless hint). Is this a process of elimination to choose which three symbols to type in? Do I have to sit there typing in all combinations of 3 out of 9 symbols? Or is there a clue somewhere on the screen?

IIRC, you need to use the clippers to clip the branches at the top of the temple in the middle and you also have to place something else at the top of the right building which creates a reflection from the sun or something like that (I did it yesterday but can't remember). Anyway, once all that is done, it will show you what 3 symbols to punch in.

ETA: Oops, Scarlet already answered this. smile

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 07:36 PM

Thanks ScarletD

That puzzle is making me nervous eek

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 08:27 PM

bravo Thank you for your great explanation about the number wheel. I am doing the victory dance yay

I couldn't solve it but my beloved husband Niko hearts solved it in one minute! So if all else fails get a math whiz who can add in their heads that is the only way I would have ever solved this. broccoli

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 09:51 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMGGGG It all depended on that stupid chalk and the mask. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I just finished fixing the bridge, and am continuing on with the game. Props to you ScarletDragon laugh

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 09:53 PM

yay Sherryah

I'm glad he got it and you can move on puppy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/20/08 09:56 PM

Sherryah
So glad you solved the puzzle I'm still working on it.

I finally got the number puzzle and I have NO idea what I did. It said on the top complete. Ya Ya bravo

Richard

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 01:53 AM

Booyah to Sherryah, x2kul, and kjos. Glad you're unstuck. Enjoy the rest of the game!
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 02:12 AM

Please help if you can I'm in the Oasis and Graveyard no more hints available they are all hidden can't find the rest of cross, hand or matches. And can't find the last piece of shield in the graveyard and horn and court sword. Boy I'm really stuck. duh

Lori wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 02:13 AM

Oh the numbers game.... and I'm a math teacher! Yikes. Has anyone made screen shots of the solutions to this horror?

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 03:31 AM

Lori, Did you click on the (?+) ? You will get to find more hints.

Did you use the knife on the tightly wound package?
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 06:31 AM

Finally finished this game what trying game so many new puzzles one within another. But I made it even with the glitches I will play it again when my brain gets back to relax state again. I like it in way that it was not easy and you really had work harder to figure some things in the game.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 02:04 PM

ShyTy: You can have all the hints you want with this game. Oh yeah, you read that correctly ... unlimited hints! Just click on the little circle with ?+ next to the hint button. This will bring up a scene with 10 question marks hidden in it. Just find all 10 and you get 2 hints. Need more hints? Go back and do another scene. If you can't find all 10, return to your game and click the ?+ button again for a different scene.

Most of the time, the reason you can't find the missing piece to several artifacts is because it's locked in a hidden location which requires some action to release it. Don't get frustrated, just hit all the hot spots and work all the puzzles and use everything in your inventory. It's a logical progression of activities that require you to move back and forth among the scenes in each level.

If you're still stuck, I would be happy to send you directions to complete the Oasis/Graveyard level, but I know most players prefer hints so they can do it themselves.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/21/08 05:20 PM

thanks ScarletD wave

bravo MysteryFanatic wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:09 AM

x2kul: Sorry but screenshots won't help you with the number/circle puzzle. The numbers are random.

While figuring out the easiest way to solve this one, I kept losing my chain of numbers while turning the rings. I wanted to start with the single number at the center and work outward, but since the outer ring doesn't move I kept losing track of my chain of numbers while turning the inner rings. I found it helpful to jot down the chains and then move the rings.

For example, if the inner circle number you choose is 35 your notes might look like this:

1st ring: 35
2nd ring: 7+5+8+15
3rd ring: 4+8+7+10+2+4
4th ring: 2+2+7+9+3+6+4+2

It sure helps in spinning the rings if you don't have to keep adding the numbers again. Sometimes the other sections don't add up, so you have to look for one ring that doesn't match and find a different chain of numbers for that ring.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:10 AM

ScarletD -I am stuck in the graveyard and oasis and only have the horned piece left. I tried to put it in the tree but that doesn't work, I then went to the oasis and tried there but still can't figure it out. I use the hint and it shows me the grave with the ghost in it and says he needs the shield which I have one piece to find and also some of the sword. Please help me as I have been on this on and off for 2 days waiting for a wt or the answer in the forum but nothing.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:17 AM

Well C65candy, the Scarlet Dragon will try to help, even though the purpose of the game is to put all the dragons back to sleep for another 1000 years. I'm trying not to take the theme of this game personally. lol

I'm sending you a PM with the information for this level. If you're still stuck, let me know and I'll try to be more specific.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:29 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I really apjpreciate it. Candy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:50 AM

Glad I could help. If you think the Oasis/Graveyard was difficult, wait for the next level: Scythian burial ground/Samarkind. Better get out your track shoes and be prepared for lots of running around.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:53 AM

Got your help and followed your list but still missing a piece of the sword and shield.I looked all over for the piece of shield but still can't find it and the hints point me back to the dungeon but still can't find it. Help again, please

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 01:24 AM

C65candy: RE: Oasis/Dungeon/Graveyard.

There are two swords in this level. One is a knight's sword and the other is called a court sword. A knight sword piece is in the basket. Putting the cross on the headstone will give you the court sword piece. The court sword is placed on the hot spot on the limb at the top of the screen so lightning will hit the branch and reveal the final shield piece.

You're almost there. Complete the court sword, put it in the tree to get the shield. Give the ghostly spirit the knight's sword and shield to finish the level.
Posted By: fostermom48

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 01:35 AM

Cany anyone tell me what the purpose is of collecting the amulets? Does it gain you anything? Thanks

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 01:37 AM

The amulets allow you into the last scene, you must have them all to finish.

Ana wave
Posted By: fostermom48

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 01:50 AM

Thanks Ana

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 02:01 AM

I am so happy to report that I can join the ranks of Scarlet Dragon and say I have won the game!
broccoli

luck to everyone else, I know you can do it also!

Looking forward to the next sequel of the game. I really had lots of fun with it. Even though people had gitch problems when it was first released, I didn't encounter any gitches. What I thought was a glitch with a magnetic cursor turned out to be my fault not the games.

Thanks to everyone who helped and encouraged me. wave

Big hugs from Ireland
Sherryah

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 02:27 AM

Well done Sherryah. bravo

I think we need to vote on the most difficult part of the game. I'm betting the number circle puzzle will win by a landslide.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 05:48 AM

Yes my vote is the number puzzle in wild west, along with the graveyard stone puzzle. If it hadn't of been for help I never would have solved that one either.

Games like Magic Encyclopedia are my favorite hogs they sure are not boring when you can interact with objects along with the mini puzzles. Hope I never see another number puzzle again though. crazy

The one thing I would like to see changed is being penalized so much time off your timer for skipping puzzles, that is just a mean thing to do in my opinion. mad
Posted By: acornia

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 12:00 PM

Thought the number puzzle was easy, once figure out what they meant. The only one didn't complete was the stone one in the graveyard.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/22/08 09:01 PM

This game came as a pleasant surprise. Had not heard about it before. Really enjoying the puzzles. If it is the "First Story", I too hope there are more to come.Very good game.

thracia

Posted By: quilterill1

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/24/08 10:39 PM

I didn't have any trouble with the graveyard scene after I figured out that you had to put the sword in the tree. What I am stuck on is the quilt. Can some one please help?
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/24/08 11:04 PM

I give up! I simply cannot do the numbers puzzle. I read the instructions, but very thick headed I guess.Nice game though.
Posted By: quilterill1

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/24/08 11:16 PM

I finally figured out the quilt. Sure thankful for this forum though. Thanks everyone!

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/25/08 12:32 AM

Patsy, pull up your game and send me a screenshot. Send it to me, but do not get out of the screen. If you do, I believe it resets to another puzzle, not sure. I'll tell you how to move the pieces.

quilt, sorry I was too late but glad you found it.

Ana wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/25/08 01:39 AM

Ana I really appreciate the offer. First I'll see if one of my sons can do it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/25/08 02:02 AM

okeedokee....otherwise, just be sure I am available before you send if you need me. I don't want to tie up your computer waiting for me. luck

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/25/08 02:16 AM

Quilter, so glad you got it. wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/26/08 03:56 PM

Well, you all led me astray and I had to buy this one. I had a blast with it.

thanks to all the hints on the numbers puzzle--I was so clueless but by reading the strategies everyone posted I was able to get it.

I have a print screen for the quilt puzzle--unless it's random.

I sure hope there is a second story coming though as I felt "dropped" at the end. puppy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/26/08 04:24 PM

Congrats L4L: I was a little let down with the ending just because I was expecting a big battle or final puzzle - some big grand finale. It kind of fizzled out in that regard. You don't even have to do anything special with all the amulets that you spend so much time collecting all those darn jewels. You have to have them to finish, but you don't have to do anything with them. Still, this is the best game I've played in a long time and I'll be watching for a sequel.

I'm pretty sure the screen shot will be good on the quilt puzzle. I've played it 3 times and the flower pattern has been the same. The best hint for the quilt puzzle is that the pieces lighten/brighten when placed correctly, so random clicking will solve it when all else fails.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/26/08 04:27 PM

ScarletD, I felt the same way, which is why I'm hoping there is a sequel that will take up where that one left off.

I was able to solve the quilt puzzle by figuring out the pattern of the background. I didn't even notice that they lightened but I did wonder why I had 2 shades of blue rotfl

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/27/08 01:32 PM

Finished the game yesterday. I really enjoyed it!

I was dreading getting to the numbers puzzle but after I knew what I was supposed to do (I was a little confused at first), it was a piece of cake. One of the outer numbers was "2" so the only numbers adjacent to it on the ring was "1 1" and so on.

I was a little surprised by the ending or lack thereof but I suppose there will be a sequel. I was wondering why I didn't get a little flag in Egypt since one part of the arrow is still there.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 03:59 PM

How do you do the pipe puzzle? I've been stuck on that thing for hours. Thanks for any help.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 04:06 PM

Tammy, be sure that none of the pipes end at the edge, they all have to be connected. Also, there are a couple of hose pieces on the inside as well as the one on the outside on the far right.

Just keep rotating them all til you get it luck

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 06:01 PM

I got it. Thanks L4L. Those question marks aren't exactly all easy to see. They should have a magnifier in this game.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 06:09 PM

Tammy, glad you got it.

Yes, I quite often would find 9 ? but not 10. So finally I took a print screen and pasted it into Paint, and then went to Paint and zoomed in with the magnifier. Much easier to find them that way.

puppy

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 09:17 PM

L4L - Good idea about using paint, but how did you take a print screen and paste it?

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/28/08 09:27 PM

You just push the print screen key on your key board. That copies the picture.

Then you open Paint.

Select New

Place the cursor in the body of the new document (all the white space) and hit Ctrl+V or Right Click and select Paste.

Then you select the magnifying glass from the selections on the left and you can see the picture magnified. You'll have to move the sections around using the bars.

At least that is how it works on my computer. I have XP luck

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/29/08 06:22 PM

How do I assemble that flag in the hut? I don't even know what the picture is supposed to look like. If it's the picture they show, that is covered by the puzzle.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/29/08 06:35 PM

I just did it by what I thought it should look like (matched what I thought would match to the bottom and top rows). Here's a screenshot if you need it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/29/08 06:38 PM

Thanks Misa, I was drawing a blank.

I did it by matching the lines around the outside and then filling in the center with something that made sense to me luck

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/29/08 07:11 PM

Thanks so much Misa. I got that done. On to the next level (after a break).
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 05:44 AM

I truly enjoyed this one as well, although the stone cross with the stones with the eyes gave me a few grey hairs. I'm hoping this is just the start of a series.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 02:22 PM

That math puzzle is a real stumper. I just can't do it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 02:43 PM

Tammy, I felt that way too and almost didn't try, but decided to go ahead and give it a shot.

I worked from the outside in. The puzzle is basically divided into 4ths and you have to be sure that the lines line up correctly or else it won't know it's finished.

If the numbers on the outside of the ring are 2+1+3 then you want the number 6 to be next to that. And then you just keep adding the numbers from that 6 all the way in to the number in the center.

There should be a solid straight line from the outside all the way to the inside.

You may have to change a ring--for example, I had a 16 and used 9+1+6 and it worked for one quandrant but the numbers on the other side didn't work.

But by changing the position of the numbers and using 8+3+5, it all worked.

luck

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 03:55 PM

Sorry, they just don't give me enough time to do the puzzle. Thanks for your help anyways L4L.

I got it!!

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 04:03 PM

Tammy, send me a screenshot and I'll try and do it on paper on my lunch break.

Ana wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 04:11 PM

yay happydance tomato

You rock! Way to hang in there broccoli

How did you do it?

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 04:17 PM

lol I missed the edit! Excellent Tammy, doesn't it feel great!'

Ana wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 05:58 PM

It sure does feel great. I finished the game!!. I WON. (I think I also scared the heebie-jeebies out of my cat LOL). Thanks to all gameboomers for your help. Believe me, it was VERY much appreciated.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 09/30/08 06:16 PM

Way to Go! happydance
Posted By: iluvmax

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/02/08 09:23 AM

I made it through on the second try. My Latin is severely limited. What is the message at the mountain? I have tried just mixing up the part phrases but with no idea to start with it is impossible. Anyone know Latin?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/02/08 12:17 PM

Go to the map area of the game.
The Latin sentence is seen under the map.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/02/08 12:24 PM

welcome to GameBoomers iluvmax

Ana wave
Posted By: Jacq1

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 01:19 AM

I am having the same problem in the Graveyard and Oasis Section. Everytime I try to complete the Shield puzzle it does not give me the piece of matches. I line and lock every stick in the proper order but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Please help me.
Jacq1

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 05:02 PM

Jacq1, are you still stuck? I remember having to switch scenes a lot to finish that one.

Have you clicked for a hint?

Have you done all the following things?

Click to reveal..
LEVEL 8: OASIS (WELL)
Artifacts: stone; *sword; crowbar; knife; *decorative horn

Use stone to smash jar = Get piece of horn
Use crowbar on loose board = Get knife tip
--> Use map icon to go to GRAVEYARD
Artifacts: lion's head; *gravestone; *shield; rope; *court sword

Puzzle: Untangle beams = Get gravestone piece
--> Oasis: Put lion's head on hot spot = Get match 3 puzzle = Drains well
Use knife to cut ropes on basket = Get sword piece
Use rope on "high" hot spot = Open dungeon

luck
Posted By: soccermom72

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 05:21 PM

like the game a lot! Thanks BFG!

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 05:52 PM

Hi ya Soccermom, and welcome

I liked it a lot too. wave

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 12:14 AM

I'm back on this game and still stuck where I was before. I just can't do that math puzzle. It's so frustrating when you get far into a game and they come up with a puzzle like this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 12:20 AM

Tammy, is that puzzle timed?

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 12:33 AM

Yes, it is and not enough time to do it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 12:42 AM

And I assume you can't pause the game while in the puzzle? I know the numbers are random.
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 02:38 AM

Tammy64, There ia a walkthrough for this game at Gamezebo. It has help for the "sums" puzzle. Hope this helps. Lillian

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 01:47 PM

I already tried that one, but it was no help. Guess I'll have to give up the game. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/08/09 02:56 PM

You have to have it situated so that every two number add up to the inside one. Just keep finding one where the two add up to the third and check to see if the others do too. Trial and error...
Posted By: colpet

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/09/09 05:04 PM

I tried the demo for this and had cursor problems (really slow and jerky movements) so I didn't purchase it.

Re: Magic Encyclopedia - New HOG on BigFish - 02/09/09 05:10 PM

Colpet, did you get in touch with BFG to see if they could resolve the problem? I really liked the game so if they fix the problem, you might have a really great time with it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community