GB HOMEPAGE

Pandoras Box by Microsoft

Posted By: Cherie

Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 04:42 PM

I am curious to know if others still play this game. I loaded it years ago on my system and every system since then. It has been a stable game that I can revert to when I have to wait on phone hold for something, or I get a long winded client calling who needs to vent or I am bored to death. In my opinion its a great game, all puzzles of several types. How many still play this game?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 04:47 PM

Hi Cherie,

I still have Pandora's Box installed on my PC, and play it quite often. It's my favourite casual game of the lot, the puzzles are just great. I enjoy capturing those monkeys. grin
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 04:49 PM

I still have it on mine also. I keep Pandoras Box and Magicama loaded for those times I just want to dabble in something.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 05:37 PM

Hi all wave
I have never heard of Pandora's box. Is there a demo of this? What kind of games are on it? Is this a hog? A curious mind wanting to know what she is missing. lol
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 05:44 PM

Sherryah, Pandora's Box is a puzzle game with all sorts of different types of puzzles. It's an older game though so not sure if you can still buy it new.

Let me google wave

You can give it a try and get it Here!

You can read a review of it in our Review Forum Here.

wave
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 05:46 PM

I also have it and wish they would put out another one like it. I keep looking to see if a new one has come out but there hasn't been one. Maybe they will listen to us and put one out.
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 05:46 PM

I love Pandora's Box. I regretfully got rid of my old version when they added a new set of puzzles to the original and bought the updated version. Love the puzzles especially the puzzles you put together as slices and the ones that you put together as overlaps. Kinda hated those keyhole type.

Haven't tried it on Vista, need to load it up, thanks for reminding me.

Sherryah, google this, it's a great game!!

There is a demo download HERE

Koalanut
Posted By: connie

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 06:33 PM

Hubby and I both keep it on our computers. One of our favorite games. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 06:49 PM

Sherriyah there is a GB review of it here that describes the different types of puzzles.
http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Pp/Pandoraboxbylshaw3457.htm

Another description of the types of puzzles is here
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/pandbox/8.php

I played it once a long time ago and got heartily sick of the more "advanced" puzzles with the tiny pieces -- especially the "floating hole" types. I haven't been motivated to replay it.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 07:51 PM

I tried to run it and I got--unable to create DirectDraw survice , make sure Direct x is installed. Have no idea what that means. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 08:28 PM

Have played this loads of times. You will need the update to run on XP and Vista. Have fun wave
Posted By: Jeane Lou

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 08:47 PM

Hi: I had forgotten about Pandora's Box! It was a fun game. The last time I played I tried to install it completely into my computer so I could dispense with having to put the CD in each time but I was not successful. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

Jeane Lou
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 09:29 PM

kjos, you need a patch:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303112
Posted By: kjos

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 09:33 PM

Thanks Pokey will try it.
Richard
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/23/08 10:19 PM

Pandora's Box was what got me into computer games in the first place! I loved it, except for those peekhole games. Passed it on to my mom for her enjoyment.

I didn't know they updated it, hmmm. Maybe amazon will have it.

wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 12:30 AM

Whoa I never heard of Pandora box I hope it runs on vista. Thanks everyone, I am getting bored again.

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 12:51 AM

The original is a blue-ish box or jewel case with 350 puzzles. I think it's from 1999. The one I have now is a red jewel case with 400 puzzles. Looks like copyright 2003. It works on Vista like a charm, and I believe I had no problems with it on XP.

I looked on amazon and ebay, it's pretty pricey now. I could kick myself for selling the original for a dollar--ouch! oops

Koalanut

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 12:54 AM

They have been priced that on Amazon for a really long time, I highly doubt anyone is paying the price. I have seen the game in a jewel case at Office Max and Best Buy in their jewel case racks for 9.99.

Ana wave

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 01:10 AM

And I thought I saw it at Fry's for $9.99 also not too long ago, but can't remember if it is the 99 or 03 version. Thanks Ana, I feel better now!

Koalanut

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 01:13 AM

Most of then are the game of the year version. It's hit or miss what games they have on the jewel case racks, but that one has been a standard especially with the holidays coming up. eek lol Not ready for that and I can't believe I said that!

Ana wave
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 06:14 AM

I like the "slices" puzzle that involves putting the golden apple back together. Makes me feel like eating apples.
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/24/08 02:50 PM

This is also the game that got me started in PC gaming! It remains a mainstay installed on my gaming laptop. Keep an eye on those jewel case racks at Best Buy et al. Ana's right that occasionally a copy of the game shows up.

I also see, as we speak, someone at Amazon has the jewel case addition available for $10 plus shipping.

JK

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 02:45 AM

Sherryah, I moved your post to Glitches.

Ana wave
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 04:22 AM

wave Pandora's Box! What a great, great game!
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 04:43 PM

I have the original game so I was wondering what update I need to run it on XP and where do I get it?

Thanks thumbsup wave

Bernie monky

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 04:46 PM

Try This luck
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 09:08 PM

Thanks very much L4L - will give it a try, but only when I remember where I stored the software! lol thumbsup wave

Bernie monky

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/25/08 09:23 PM

Let us know Bernie.

I have it too and haven't installed it, so if it works for you, I'll give it a go wave
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Pandoras Box by Microsoft - 09/26/08 07:02 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say I love this game! Such a variety of puzzles and a charming story to hold them together. Definitely a keeper you can play over and over.

WW
© 2024 GameBoomers Community