GB HOMEPAGE

Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 11:20 AM

Todays game for Club Members and Daily Game Splash Members, tomorrows game for all.

It's tomorrow! Download Samantha Swift here.

Quote:
In Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena, archeologist Samantha Swift has stumbled upon one of the greatest archeological finds in our lifetime! Sam`s quest to piece together the mystery and artifacts of the Roses of Athena is not without obstacles - she`ll have to use her keen eyesight to pick out clues, while she out-wits the greedy treasure hunter, Ravena Stryker in this hidden object adventure!

Puzzle-solving Adventure.
Travel the globe.
Uncover secret items

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: linward

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 12:44 PM

I really like it. Not just a hidden object, but puzzles to complete as well as mini puzzles, and plenty of hints
I haven't played right the way through yet, so not sure how long it is, but enjoying it right now
Linward

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 12:46 PM

Thanks linward, makes me want to leave work and go home and play. lol What kinds of puzzles and mini games are there?

Ana wave

Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 01:23 PM

Good game. Items are easy to find and I like the puzzles. One thing I don't get is - How do you turn the pieces in the puzzle? I tried right-click, and also click on the arrows in the puzzles but that didn't work.
Posted By: stellaluna

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 02:24 PM

I thought this was a pretty good game. It reminded me of the Natalie Brooks game. A lot of hints, makes you think (but not TOO hard, lol), and you can easily skip the story line.

Tammy64 - if you put your mouse in the middle of the puzzle piece, hold the left mouse button (I think!),and gently move the mouse in a circular direction, it should turn the piece. It's a tad sensitive, though.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 02:52 PM

Thanks Stella - that worked. I also bought the game. I don't know how big the game is, but I bought it anyways. Thanks again.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 03:41 PM

Can Ana have a gold medal for leading me astray, please ?

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 03:43 PM

Since my dreams of an Olympic Gold have been squashed, I'll take anything I can get! lol

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Thanks linward, makes me want to leave work and go home and play. lol What kinds of puzzles and mini games are there?

Ana wave

Hard to describe without giving too much away, but lets just say different,they make you work for objects and clues . Towards the end they get harder, finding things in different rooms, that are needed for another room. Some we have seen before, match 3 for instance, but most are different. Not too hard or really frustrating either, but make you use the grey matter smile
linward
Posted By: Suz2

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 04:15 PM

I liked it. Objects are fairly easy to find, but the hidden objects take a bit more thought. The puzzles are pretty simple at least in the hour I played. An enjoyable no stress game. I didn't see a timer. I wish there was a way to turn off some to the hints that tell you what to do next. It would increase the difficulty a bit for some of us. Kind of like the Nancy Drew games where you can chose to have a checklist on what you need to do, junior or senior where you are on your own. I have a feeling its not a very long game.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 04:50 PM

Hi ya Linward wave

Suz2, do you think you'll finish it today?
Posted By: stellaluna

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 05:20 PM

I played the BF demo, and got a little further than the first time. It really is fun! I'd be interested to know how long the game is, too.

I guess if I had a BFG wishlist, or wish-item, it would be to be able to flag games that are "maybes". So my wish would be to have a BFG wishlist! I guess I could do my own, simply not uninstall the "maybe later" games, but I get fanatical about space. Sometimes I think "what was that game again, the one that I liked but didn't want to buy at the time?"
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 05:47 PM

Bought the game and love it, but now I'm stuck in the open market with 2 planks, camera, and a baseball. I know I have to do something with the boy who's holding the pot but have tried everything and nothing works. If anyone has gotten that far please let me know what to do.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: C65candy
Bought the game and love it, but now I'm stuck in the open market with 2 planks, camera, and a baseball. I know I have to do something with the boy who's holding the pot but have tried everything and nothing works. If anyone has gotten that far please let me know what to do.

Find the Feather, and tickle him ;))

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 06:56 PM

thanks linward puppy
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 10:36 PM

I like the game a lot although I don't care much for cartoon-like graphics... the items are not too awfully hard to find and the games are fun. I like the interaction with the blue items.

This one gets a well-deserved thumbsup
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 10:57 PM

wave If anyone has finished the game yet, could you let us know about the length of the game? thanks
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/07/08 11:11 PM

Interesting game. Better than just HOG. Makes your brain a little tired also.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 12:40 AM

BFG Guy did it again! What a great game! I started the demo for 3 minutes and immediatly bought the game. Highly recommend the game and I love the interaction with the various objects and the scanner to freely see what the object looks like. No timer! Big hugs to you BFG Guy for listening to us Casual gameers who don't want the added frustration of a timer.

I hope the game is a long game because I know it will be sad when it ends. Just my opinion thus far. Ana I think you will enjoy the game also. Well back to adventuring with Samantha.

Sherryah

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 12:44 AM

I am almost ready to finally settle in for the evening. With any luck I'll get in an hour before bed! happydance Your opinions are making me antsy to play. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 12:52 AM

I like that the artwork is different than the usual HOG. The interaction reminds me a lot of Amazon, but essier. The game, so far, isn't too hard but still interesting. I can't tell how many levels it is but there is a "museum" screen where you can see the artifacts you collect. Anyway, I bought it after a few mins. I like the game a lot. smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 01:24 AM

This is a great game with no timer on it. I bought it to. Thanks
Richard

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 02:04 AM

Got all the way to the altar to put all the animals and flower on the altar. Got all the animals and the staff in the hole on the floor but can't figure out how to put the flower on the altar. Can anyone help that's done it already as I have been trying for quite awhile.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 03:54 AM

I finished the game in about 3 hrs. I liked the game alot. I just go through games like this quickly and always wish they were longer.

Candy,
do you have the flower? Look for the blue sparkly place to put it. sometimes the active area is not where you would think, it might be in the middle of that alter instead on top. The game is super linear. It won't let you try new things until everything else is done before hand.
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 05:35 AM

I got the game and am stuck trying to get Dr Butler - I put the roses in the right places but don't know what to do with the shield and how to open the wall door. Help please headscratch
Kathy

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 05:52 AM

use the shield to block the lasers. you can block different lasers to inspect different portions of the wall. Just put it on the floor on top of the lasers. You can pick it up and move as necessary.
Posted By: cmcd

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 06:55 AM

at the very end and cannot figure it out, can anyone help, please

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 12:27 PM

How do you join the ying and yang pieces? I tried placing them together, in inventory, but it just doesn't want to work. Any ideas?

Never mind, I found the spot.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 01:31 PM

Finished the game. That was great. Well worth the buy. Thanks to GB for their help.
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 02:25 PM

I think I've hit a glitch or am seriously missing something.

I'm close to the end of the game, on the last rose and am at the big statue where I got the PDA of the bad guy.

How do I get away from him to move on? I took the PDA and there is a piece of paper with a symbol on it still in the cavity but it won't let me take it. There is nowhere on the screen where I get the blue cursor or the cursor to show that I can leave. I had to put the dragon buckle, spear, bow etc on the statue but it is still showing up in my Items.

Someone please tell me that there is a way to get out of there. I'm so close and deffinately do not want to start over again just to finish........

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 03:38 PM

he also needs the quiver and bow on his shoulders. You need to use pretty much everything in your inventory.

In the end game think of the old game operation, don't touch the lasers with the roses as you put them in place.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 03:44 PM

thanks Suz
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 05:32 PM

I too downloaded the demo and was enjoying this game so much when time was up I bought the game. It was fun to travel to different places it took me 6 hours to play. The puzzle where fun it took time to figure some of them out. Nice to find the lightening bolts it gives you an extra hint which help too.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 07:45 PM

Does anyone know where the paprclip is? Iam in the second chapter.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 08:10 PM

use the magnifying glass on the tire, and then use it on the ignition to start it.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/08/08 10:48 PM

OMG! My poor little credits can't keep up. I bought this one too.Maybe if I just work a little more OT. Ah well, you can't take it with you, I might as well give it to BF.lol

thracia
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:00 AM

So far the puzzles have been pretty easy, but now I'm stuck in Japan. I'm at the door with the four panels. There are directional arrows in the center and moveable strips of Japanese characters along the top and side of the door. I matched one of the panels' symbols. It turned green and the matching symbols on the top and side turned yellow. So how do I move to another panel? The directional arrows don't appear to be doing anything. Am I just dense? The dialogue has explained everything up until now, but I don't have a clue how to proceed and suddenly Samantha has nothing to say.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:09 AM

Wish I could help you Scarlet... but I haven't gotten that far. Maybe you can help me though. I'm in the marketplace... can't recall where...I think Japan.

I have found everything except the blue things. I found two hot zones, one behind the big man and one behind the boy. I have tried each tool on those hot spots and nothing happens.

Can someone tell me what to do?
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:14 AM

Thanks for the help Suz2. thanks
I had a glitch or something because the lasers were still on the rose parts not by the last wall. I replayed the game and was able to finsh it. Great game - thanks BFG. yay
Kathy
Posted By: Redz

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:44 AM

I've really been enjoying this game with no problems till now. I'm in the Egyptian room in the Louvre. I have the black light and the date scroll, but can't move to the next room. I can find no hot spots. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Thanks guys, Joan
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 01:27 AM

I need help making the weights even if anyone can help me. I hate that I always get stuck on these types of things.

Kem
Posted By: Redz

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 01:56 AM

Kem, you need to put 11 pounds on each scale. I think it was 3,7, and 1 on one scale and 4,5, and 2 on the other.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 02:04 AM

Thanks very much Redz!!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 02:31 AM

I am trying to rebuild the bridge and have all the planks plus shovel. Yet when I try and lay down plank 1 it says I need something else here. What do I need please? Thanks in advance.

Sherryah

EDIT..................
Nevermind figured it out. Duh!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 03:07 AM

What blue things are you looking for NY Lady maybe I can help?
I think I have passes where you are if it is what I am thinking of. Are you trying to get by two thugs?
Posted By: nawahtel

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 03:32 AM

Hi i am at the site where she has to throw the coins to distract the guard before she can search. The thing is... i need a key and wirecutters. they are the "blue" items. and i can not find anywhere to click to use any of my "tools". except the box which needs the key..but i can't find it. can someone help? thanks.. nawahtel

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 05:38 AM

The key is in the tent after you cut the side it is on right side of table it looks like a car key with black rubber on top. Also the weights part of justice also can be 713 and 245 and it is balanced too.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:02 PM

If your where I think you are stuck NY Lady, you give the feather to the boy by the man, and you put the bag of marbles on the floor in front of the man who is further away. If memory serves me correct the way you got the marbles is in the other market scene with the sad boy, you give him the baseball. After you do that you can exit. Hope this helps you.

EDIT...................
I can't go back to check the market out again, so I hope my memory is right about the feather. I know I am right about the marbles on the ground. If my memory has failed me here please someone let NY lady know.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:18 PM

Thanks Sherry..

The blue items I need to find are: Watch, Money and Nightstick.

The tools I have are: 2 planks, camera, scoop and a baseball.

The hot spots are by the boy and big man. But when I try each hot spot with a tool it tells me to try another tool!

If I try to go to the other side of the market it tells me I can't because I haven't found everything yet.

Oh goodness... I'm caught good. laugh

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 12:58 PM

You need to go to the other scene with the sad boy and give the baseball to the sad boy and he will give you the marbles. The nightstick you will get when the marbles are thrown on the ground in front of the man that is not by the boy.

The camera you take a picture of the parrot at the other scene and you will get the feather.

The money you will get when the first man by the boy is removed.

Try leaving the scene at both sides of the screen. You are able to leave because I also thought I could not leave to go back and forth but you are able.

The planks will be used later.

Look for a filled bag by the sad boy and woman and use the scoop on it.

The watch I found with a bunch of stuff across from the man at the market away from the boy.

Please let me know if any of this helps you or if you have more questions. I am much further now in the game so this is done from my feeble memory.

I really want you to enjoy this game because it is so much fun.

Sherryah

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 02:51 PM

Thank you Sherryah... you helped me a lot.

I was trying to go back to the first market by the walkin icon on top of the scene instead of on the bottom. Once I found that, thanks to you, I was good to go! Got everything. thanks

Thank you and I am enjoying the game! smile

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 06:26 PM

bravo welcome if I can help anymore let me know. Have fun Ny Lady. wave

Now I need help If anyone can help me I am at the Lourdes museum the only item I need that is not blue is a trumpet. I know where the trumpet is but it appears to have cobwebs on it and my mouse can't take the item.

I used a hint to find out where the item was and it is attached to the edge of the shelf on the right of screen.

The only object I have left is Vinegar so that is no help. Please tell me what I use the vinegar for?
please tell me how to take the trumpet?

Sherryah

EDIT..........................
I restarted the game and the trumpet easily was picked up. solved problem
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 08:50 PM

I am at the Inca markets and I got the feather and all the other items but suddenly my computer shut down with an error message. I tried to go back but had to reboot my machine. When I went back in it took me to the same spot but when I tried to leave the area it shut down again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, used a new name and tried again. When I got to the same spot some of the items are missing and I don't have what I need to finish the segment. Am I having a computer problem or a program problem?

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 10:32 PM

Sorry that sounds like a tech problem I didn't have that happen. good luck in getting it fixed.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/09/08 11:10 PM

I am at the point where I have to do something with the fleur de leaf patterns on the wall in the museum but I am not really sure what to do. Help anyone?

Kem

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 01:03 AM

I haven't seen that yet, kitty.

I'm really enjoying this game,and wondering. Were there any other HOGS like this? Or is this the first.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 02:04 AM

NYLady, I think where I am talking about is in London in the Castle but I may be wrong.

Kem
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 02:20 AM

I love this game so far but I am stuck. I've checked all the above questions but mine is not there. In Guatemala, I am inthe jungle? and have the parts for the totem, the dynamite, the metal detector but I can't find or get the tool for the last spot. I"ve put the dynamite in the holes in the rock but there I lost. What other tool do I need.

Thank you soooo much.

carlahelp
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 02:36 AM

Carla Did you use the metal detector, it's a little tricky to use. Took me a few tries to get it. Click on dectector over the sand pit and then don't click again, wave cursor around slowly and it starts beeping. I think then a key pops out for the box. I am a little ahead of you and trying to remember it right. Hope it helps.

Koalanut wave

Had to try this game tonight, everyone seemed to love it. Tried it and there went the game credit!!! lol

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 02:56 AM

Koalanut!!!

I love your little shaking koala. But that's what I feel like doing right now. I tried the detector, then tried again very slowly but no luck. Now what?

Carla
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 03:15 AM

When I clicked on the metal dectector, the cursor became the dectector. I slowly waved it around and no clicking. You hear the beeping getting closer and closer together. I think the green light on it go on. Put it on the top sand pit on the left. I think the key pops out without clicking even.

luck Koalanut

Thanks about the icon, it is truly me!

This is a quote from the forum at Gamezebo about it

Quote:
Hey Margaretrr- I found it!! Use the metal detector on the top left square and click it. After that, keep it in that square until you hear and see the green lights on the bottom of the detector. It should be in the area on the mid right of the square. Once the beeping is the fastest and the lights are barely blinking, click there. It should give you a key. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here! lol

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 09:48 AM

Bitty Kitty,

I finally got to the part where you are. Each of those Fleur de lis's are different... find two alike and match them. Just click on one and then the one that matches it.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 02:37 PM

Can someone explain to me the puzzle of removing panels in the door?

what does this mean? hint says
I need to use the hub to align the outer symbols with the panel
symbol.

The only part I have correct thus far is the symbols that look like a small te boxed turned green. The first panel and there is a small yellow box above the first panel.

Moving the center hub to left and right and up and down doesn't seem to do anything. help hardwall

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 04:20 PM

Where are you? What room? I'm almost done with the game and it sounds familiar...

I recall one where you put the circular one in the middle and then the statues on the outer and just turn the wheel until it aligns... is that where you are?

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 05:28 PM

THANK YOU, KOALA

I wasn't lookong for lights or beeping. That did it.

Carla

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 05:46 PM

I'm stuck in Japan. I'm at the door with the four panels. There are directional arrows in the center and moveable strips of Japanese characters along the top and side of the door. I matched one of the panels' symbols. It turned green and the matching symbols on the top and side turned yellow. So how do I move to another panel? The directional arrows don't appear to be doing anything.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/10/08 06:10 PM

See your PM Sherryah. Use the round center direction arrow like crosshairs on a scope - that moves the beams and makes them like a chute for the proper symbol from top and side to slide to the center.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 01:02 AM

Thanks so much NYLady because of your help I actually finished the gameearlier tonight. I really enjoyed this game and hope they make another Samantha Swift game in the future.

Kem

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 01:38 AM

Mine froze also. I've started over, but to be so close to finishing is for the birds.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
I'm stuck in Japan. I'm at the door with the four panels. There are directional arrows in the center and moveable strips of Japanese characters along the top and side of the door. I matched one of the panels' symbols. It turned green and the matching symbols on the top and side turned yellow. So how do I move to another panel? The directional arrows don't appear to be doing anything.

Now I'm stuck there too! Crazy puzzle. Not sure what to do.
Sherryah can you message me the solution? I'm flying to Atlanta early tomorrow and that way when I get home I won't have to search the board for it. Thanks.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 03:30 AM

You take the one line it is almost like a ruler put both signs that are up and down together under it, then slide while still covering the signs move the line so that all three signs are cover hold for a second and the door falls off. It is like a large L covering all three signs you have to do this for all panels. All the signs must glow to complete this.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 12:55 PM

NY Lady sorry I didn't understand the puzzle but Mysteryfantic just told us how to do it and we thank you very much for doing that. wave

EDIT............................
Oh dear this is really bad news and I hope you have better luck in the Japan room than I am having. I heard from Scarletdragon and read several posts at Gamezebo that there is a glitch in the game for some people. I appear to be one of them.

If you get one panel correct and it lights up but you cannot move any other of the side panels they will be red marks in different directions, it means your game froze and you can't move anything. The only resource if this happens is a restart of the entire game. cry

Now I was having alot of fun with this game but to play the entire game and come so close to the ending and for the game to have this glitch is intolerable. mad

Since BFG usually always makes sure there is no glitches and enough people are experiencing this I hope they will make a patch so those of us who have this happen can see the ending of the game. help

Again just to let you know if this happens to you it is a bug in the game that only BFG can kill or a restart of the entire game may kill it. rolleyes

Sherryah

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 09:28 PM

Finished the game and loved it. Not too easy and not too hard. I really liked the change of pace with the art direction. Hope there's a sequel!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 09:29 PM

I finally got to start it last night. I played the hour and bought it...looking forward to loading it up later.

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 10:55 PM

Just confirming what Sherryah said about the door puzzle: I thought maybe I didn't understand what to do because it locked up when I matched the first of the four panels on the door. I had to restart the game from the very beginning. The second time through, I held my breath until I got past the door with the symbols. This was a great game and I'm glad I got to see the finish.
Posted By: terri

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 11:24 PM

i have tried and tried for over an hour cannot load flower on altar. i even reinstalled the game. do i have to restart the game all over again.

do not mean to complain, but it is getting really old buying games with so many glitches, they really should all be worked out before releasing the game. i am not speaking of just bfg but other sites as well.

could someone please help me here.

thanking you in advance.

terri

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 11:42 PM

terri, I don't think this is a glitchy game, I haven't heard anyone complain of that.

You need to be sure you find the hotspot (Blue shiny curser) before you place it. Are you getting a blue shiney area?

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/11/08 11:43 PM

Terri, I haven't played this, but earlier in this thread someone said
Quote:
Look for the blue sparkly place to put it. sometimes the active area is not where you would think, it might be in the middle of that alter instead on top.

I hope that helps. luck
Posted By: terri

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 02:42 PM

i tried and tried read all the hints never got a blue arrow at all.

according to the bfg forum, they are aware of the glitches in this game, have contacted the developer and will have a fix next week. lots are complaining the japan area.
guess i will wait for the new fix and try it again.

thank you all for the help really appreciate it.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 02:50 PM

Terri, thanks for letting us know about that.

I hope the fix is quick in coming wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 03:01 PM

I managed to finish with the glitch opening doors. I started over & when I got to the doors I opened them on first try. Still a good game though.
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 03:10 PM

I also ran into a glitch. It was in the part with the 4 caves and you had to get the four medalions. The game locked up at the sand puzzle with the last medalion that I needed. I didn't have that medalion but the game said I did so it wouldn't let me open the completed sand puzzle to get it. I had to start over, which wasn't so bad. It went really fast the second time through and it's a really fun game, so I didn't mind too much.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 03:13 PM

I didn't get any glitches with this game.

In the developers' defense, they cannot anticipate every single combination of hardware and software (OS) which can cause these glitches. Most developers do the best they can with QA before they release and work very hard to help with glitches when they are aware of them.
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 11:41 PM

I have just finished in the maze and have placed all the statues in the outside of the circle. Across from me is what looks like an exit. I have to find some weights and I have a skeleton key in tools. Problem......I cannot exit this area. The key doesn't seem to fit anywhere and I don't find any of the weights. The hint system says to leave the room. Can't go in any direction. Does anyone have a suggestion on this? I think I am in a London Castle.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/12/08 11:44 PM

CHerie, the weights are in the base of each statue when you place them all. You should be fine once you find those.

Ana wave

Posted By: J_Man

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 01:12 AM

Love this game! easy on my old eyes and not extremely difficult to find stuff, but as said ya gotta think! to turn pieces ya can click on the edge of the piece and drag either way. you do not have to be 100% perfect on that it will snap in if close!
It took me about 5 steady hrs to play full game. Btw for those of you like me are low on funds, there is a site or so that ya can download games for free except playing free you view advertisements from time to time. don't know if I can include url for the site I got this or not so won't get it till I hear different.

John

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 01:53 AM

You must be talking about mostfun.com?

We have had the discussion of mostfun here before and as stated previously we do not recommend them. They use peer to peer networking and have questionable tracking means. I cannot in good faith recommend that fellow boomers use this service and risk their computers and/or private info stored on them.

Nothing is truly "free". Please read the fine print HERE. Take a close look here:
Quote:
The Service uses a private peer to peer networking model. This means that the Service and its components can make use of your computer’s resources to service another user’s or set of user’s requests at any point in time. The information that is shared between your computer and other computers is only related to the content that is part of our Service and at no point in time is information outside of our Service accessed or shared.

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 06:23 AM

The statues you place in a circle is King Arthurs court and the weights your looking for are at the base of each correct statue. you must have all of these to go any further, once you have the weights the key opens the brown door ahead.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 12:58 PM

Thump...Thump...I have been trying to place the key in these slots. Now that you have awakened me. I will go forward.
Thank you very much for the rap on the brain.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 01:39 PM

I found the Date Scroll and she says to continue on to the next room. When I try to move, she says that I can't leave until everthing has been found. I have found everything, and now I can't move any further.
Posted By: catzzz

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 02:20 PM

Tammy, I have the same problem, got a black light and the date scroll and I can't go to the next room because it says I need to find the date scroll, but I already have it??? I tried every inch of the screen looking for hotspots, both with the scroll and the black light and found nothing. I'm wondering if we're in a glitch as as 3 other forums I have asked this question, no-one has come up with an answer. Lets hope we'll be luckier here...:o}

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 02:25 PM

Those are the same 2 objects I have. Guess there is a really bad glitch in this game. I'll just go on to another game and forget this one, for awhile. Thanks for the reply catzzz.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 02:37 PM

Have you all gotten in touch with BFG about this? The sooner they know, the faster it will get fixed wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 02:44 PM

I finished the game last night. I fortunately had no glitches, but a couple times the words would stay on the list and I'd have to click on them to make them go away. I also thought I had a couple things but I found I had to click on the spot again after the blue highlight was gone to get it.

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 03:08 PM

The date scroll is used to show how to arrange pictures in the musuem. Have you used the black light yet, it is shine on paintings and then you see a statue highlighted in blue and she will say need to go back to statue.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 03:08 PM

I'm going to uninstall the game and re-install to see if that makes a difference. I'll let you know how it goes Tammy. Fingers crossed as I was really enjoying playing this game. Thanks for replying everyone!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 03:14 PM

I just sent a message to BFG. I will just have to wait for their response.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/13/08 08:24 PM

Hi All: Finished the game and it never burped once on me so I guess I got one without any hitches. I found the game medium in difficulty and good story line with clear graphics. No timer and adequate hints. All in all I think it is replayable and a good purchase. I will buy any sequals to this one. Thank you for the help all of you have been, the discussion thread was a great deal of help also.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 02:33 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm!
granted they do this, but is there another "free site" that is good???????? {blip} used to be good, but have heard of a lot of their downloads now have viruses.....have almost got one myself from that site

John

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 02:55 AM

John, per your agreement with Gameboomers, you agree not to download games that are pirated. THe site you mentioned is not a legal download site and personally I can't be happier to hear they are full of viruses. I wish all pirated copies would be.

Do you not feel that the Developers should be compensated for their work? Our purchasing their games is what allows them to make more. There are clubs that allow you to buy games as low as 6.99 and you get to try for an hour free to be sure you like it. I don't think you can get any better than that.

Ana

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 03:16 AM

Ditto. Well said, Ana.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 12:11 PM

Received response from BFG:

Our technicians have been hard at work, and have just now released an updated version that should fix some specific issues in the game. You should be able to re-install the new copy over the old, and everything should work just fine. :-)

For the latest announcements, please check the official game forum here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/951.page

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 12:12 PM

Thanks Tammy!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 02:17 PM

thanks Tammy. It's great to know a company listens and fixes things. wave
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 03:29 PM

I plan to start playing this today, it looks great!

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 04:01 PM

You're quite welcome.

PM - I would wait until next week, when they said the new version will be out. Hopefully all bugs will be fixed by then.

Good luck if you play today.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 04:57 PM

I'm off to re-install my game. I had a glitch in the game and couldn't go on. Decided to read all these posts to find others had problems too and now the game should be fixed. yay

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 05:00 PM

Gail, the patched version is not up till next week. Click on the link to BFG that Tammy posted and you can read the announcement.

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 08:54 PM

Ok, for those of you like Tammy and I who got stuck in the Eygptian room in the louvre. I uninstalled the game, cleaned my registry and then reinstalled and success!! Got the scroll and the doors opened and out of the room I went! Thank goodness as I am really enjoing this game. Good luck Tammy btw :o)

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 08:56 PM

thanks Catzzz for sharing what worked. puppy

I'm waiting til the patched version comes out, but for those who are already playing, this might be the trick they were looking for. wave
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 11:37 PM

I see this come a lot and was wondering, why clean the registry?
Also, how do you clean the registry.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/14/08 11:41 PM

I clean my registry every week with ccleaner. It removes little bits and files that are left behind when you delete programs. It cleans other things too and keeps your computer runing better.

You can get it for free at ccleaner.com

If you need further info on it, please post in Glitches.

Ana wave

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 12:58 AM

I have the Japanese Glitch too. (LOL sounds like a disease).

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 12:59 AM

rotfl

Ana grin

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 01:16 AM

I went to BF forum, followed the install reinstall directions to a "T" and am still stuck on that game. Red arrows in two places, one green square and nothing else does anything.

I downloaded that registry cleaner but it is scary... I'm afraid I'll delete something I shouldn't.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 01:20 AM

Please read up a few posts. The patched version is NOT released till next week.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 03:47 AM

I'm glad they're patching it soon. It looks like a fun game, but I don't want to get stuck in it because of a bug.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 02:02 PM

Strange because I got the info on the Big Fish forum and followed the link they gave me. I'll be running out of downloads at this rate.

Originally Posted By: Tammy64
Received response from BFG:

Our technicians have been hard at work, and have just now released an updated version that should fix some specific issues in the game. You should be able to re-install the new copy over the old, and everything should work just fine. :-)

For the latest announcements, please check the official game forum here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/951.page

I followed this link then and found a post that said the fix was up... followed the instuctions. Nice to know it isn't up yet.
I must have misunderstood them.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 02:20 PM

NYLady, did you click on the link as Tammy's posted stated? The new build is not up yet. Here is her post after also:

Originally Posted By: Tammy64
You're quite welcome.

PM - I would wait until next week, when they said the new version will be out. Hopefully all bugs will be fixed by then.

Good luck if you play today.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 10:29 PM

What I saw was that the build was done (but not ready for download yet.) I missed that important part. frown
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 10:36 PM

Hi All, I've enjoyed playing this game. But am now stuck In laser room. Put all the roses and scarf in , but they did not go away. When I tried to put the 1st rose in I set off the alarm. Would this affect the out come?. Seems others had a problem here
Thanks for any help. Lillian
whoopeee, I got through this game. I reloaded and replayed it. It's a great little game. LIllian

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/15/08 11:17 PM

It does not matter if you set off the alarm. You may need to download the new version when it comes out.

Ana wave
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/16/08 12:07 AM

I sure will be glad to get those Japanese doors to go away. I've tried everything. Looking forward to the patch. Great game!!!! Teddo

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/16/08 12:30 AM

Lilkim............Lazers. I found that I could move the roses up and around the edges or between the lazers to place on their locations. Find a lazer that has an opening, take the rose and go through the isle between lazer rays. I think that as I placed a rose the lazer de-activated. Can't be too sure on this last part cause its been a few days. I hope this helps you.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/16/08 01:06 AM

Thanks Cherie wave
Posted By: GPM

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/16/08 02:33 PM

I just wanted to thank you all for your great reviews, comments and suggestions!

I wasn't even going to try this game. I'm not particularly fond of adventure games (I'll admit it - they're frequently too hard for me!) but after reading the comments here, particularly misa's comment that it reminded her of Amazon, I thought I'd at least give it a try.

I was thrilled to find that it fit within the scope of my limited gameplaying abilities and, even though I was without BFG credits at the time, went right ahead and bought it after the trial.

But again - I wouldn't have even TRIED it but for you guys!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to post your thoughts with respect to this game and others. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Veronica Rivers!
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/18/08 10:30 PM

Anyone know if the fix has happened yet?

I'm the impatient kind lol Really need a new HOG laugh

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/19/08 01:00 AM

I just came on to find out the same thing. I was going to start over again as it seemed to work for some people. However, if it doesn't work, and I have to start all over again when the fix is in, I may as well wait for the fix to start again.

Flo

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/19/08 01:07 AM

I do not see an announcement on BF yet that the patch has been installed. When I do I'll be sure to post. In the meantime you can check with the link Tammy posted to the BF thread.

Ana wave
Posted By: fildil

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/19/08 02:29 PM

I don't know what the patch is going to fix but when I got to the end of the game my screen went black (I think it was the laser room). I contacted BFG support and they told me to uninstall and reinstall and use a different name. I had to start the game all over, but when I got to the laser room, it was fixed.

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/19/08 07:09 PM

I really enjoyed this game and hopefully they will make another one similar to this in the future. Thanks to everyone who helped get me through it because without help I would still be stuck somewhere in the game.

Kem
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/19/08 07:18 PM

I'm with you, Bitty Kitty, I thoroughly enjoyed this game and hope they make another one just like it soon!
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/20/08 06:35 PM

I've been all through these posts and have not seen anyone experiencing the problem I am having. It is the match the tiles board. I click eg a blue then another blue but they don't go away. I have tried keeping down the mouse button then dragging but this hasn't worked!

Any suggestions or tips fellow Boomers?

Thanks thumbsup

Bernie wave monky

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/20/08 08:10 PM

bermag45, is this the match 3 puzzle? Where you need to move the tiles to be in a line of 3 or more?

Flo
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/21/08 01:43 PM

Hi Flo - the instructions are "make matches to clear the whole board". The board has 7 rows and 5 columns of different coloured and different shaped tiles. I click on one, which lights up but upon clicking on an identical one the light goes out on the first then nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks thumbsup

Bernie wave monky

EDIT: It was a glitch. After flicking a few hints at it I could then click and swap tiles and have now moved on.

Thanks again Flo wave monky

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 08:10 AM

I believe in paying when I can afford them(I am a disabled vet on a very fixed income) I also believe that if someone ask me to be a tester for a game and then give me that game(I have done this) that is also paying for it with time. I cannot make or modify games much except for something very simple, but I do know how to describe a quirk when I run in to it more than once.
I also believe that if a game is outdated that it could or possibly should be free but only by the developer I had found out the hard way bout that a bit ago when I did get a game that was pirated! I had NO clue!
What I saw was someone saying that the game was being tested and to download it and then join the team. I did. then NO team! nothing else there. I immediately deleted the game and no way in heck will I do that again without asking someone it it is a ligatament site. I don't get pirated stuff knowingly! too big a chance on viruses or other bad stuff happening

John

Re: Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 02:52 PM

Bermag, glad you were able to get past it.

John, it's always a good idea to avoid pirated stuff. wave
Posted By: spankie

Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08 06:24 AM

Hi,

Am playing a trial version of this game before I buy, but already have a problem in The Roman Bath - 3rd location.

I found all the objects including the blue Greek Letter. But can't click on the ax or find the levers for the back wall where the magnify glass opens a box with missing levers.

Looks like a fun game, but not if I can't even get past this area.

Read tons of posts, but seems no one else ran into that problem. Sounds silly, but am using up my trial time without success.

Can anyone help?
Thanks so much,

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08 11:36 AM

Eagle, have you checked Margies walkthrough to see if you missed anything?

Ana wave

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/25/08 03:36 PM

Hi Ana,

Of course, checked the walkthrough before posting. It looks like you don't finish the 3rd location till you go to the next one to gather the levers. Will have to go back and start all over to see if I am able to get the ax without the Greek letter. This will be my third attempt.

Tired it again for the 4th time.......mad.....same thing.

Here's what I did, played room 1 and 2 then 3, collected all the items on the list, used the brush tool on the back wall to reveal the greek letter, then tried to click on the ax, just like the walkthrough said.....No luck!

Please can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is there a glitch in my game.

Thanks for any help....
Eagle

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 04:19 AM

Any word on whether Big Fish has the patched version of this game yet?

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 12:41 PM

I think there is. There was some talk in the BFG forums about people uninstalling and reinstalling.

Here it is, see this post:

Quote:
Hello everyone! We have just released the second new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena here at Big Fish Games. This new build of the game addresses issues people were having with the following:

-The inability to leave the room in the Paris, France level where you receive the Date Scroll
-Glitches with the fire urn in the Lhasa, Tibet level

In order to access the new build of the game, take a look at our help topic - Uninstall / Reinstall a Game. Also, the new build will require you to create a new game profile after you've installed the new build in order for the fixes to take effect. So, unfortunately, you'll have to start the game over again.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and enthusiasm for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. If you continue to experience any other technical issues with the game, please contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums, and happy gaming!

Since this is the second new build, I think the first one addressed the problems in Japan.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 03:48 PM

Thank you for the news about a patch. That makes it final for me as I won't buy it or download it until they fix it. To many other games to play with less headaches!

I gave up on the game after 4 tries and uninstalled it. Believe it or not, the game also made my computer reboot on it's own after splashing a blue screen when I either opened or closed the game. Wow, so many bugs for such a cute game.

Eagle :pumpkin:

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 05:46 PM

I got as far as the 4 rooms that you have to investigate. I have 3 of the medallions, yet when I got into one room (the one with the green robe), she says "Here it is", but I can't pick anything up. I have nothing in inventory and no items.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 06:33 PM

Glad to hear they have the second patch now.
Tammy, did you get the patched version? I don't know if you have to restart the game if you update to the patched version.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 07:03 PM

I found out I forgot to pick up the bowl of wood in the fire room. You need that in the other room in order to make steam and get the last medallion.

I uninstalled the game before I downloaded it again. I didn't look for a patch for the game (unless the patch in built into the new version), but it worked okay all the way through. Finished the game.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/28/08 07:30 PM

Tammy I got a bit stuck on the end game too until I figured out that I had to do stuff in other rooms.

I was one of the ones that didn't need the new builds at all. I didn't run into any glitches.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/30/08 12:02 AM

wave Alrighty...so does this mean all is fixed and the game is good to go?

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/30/08 04:18 PM

I sure hope so Darlene. It worked okay for me this time. Is the patch built into the game, or do I have to get it somewhere else?

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/30/08 04:24 PM

It's not a patch, it's really a patched game. If you redownloaded you have the new version. Glad it worked!

Ana wave

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/30/08 07:22 PM

Glad to hear the game is ready to go--I still have those credits which I want to spend before Oct. is over. puppy

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/30/08 08:03 PM

You've only got one more day to spend those credits!
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/01/08 08:16 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm very close to the end and have been playing so far without any problems or glitches. Now I'm in Japan at the door with the symbols, there are red arrows on the side and the top of the door, 2 symbols are highlited, 2 moving planks on the door. How am I supposed to match them and delete? I can't figure it out. headscratch

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/01/08 08:59 PM

Hi SpringChicken, have you checked Margies WAlkthrough?

Ana wave
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/01/08 10:06 PM

Thank you, Ana. I'm going right now. wave

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/05/08 07:47 PM

I was playing the game and got to the same location where the game stopped me before (I have the new version now). I have the black light in inventory and I have to get the Date Scroll. I was able to do the first part of the hiroglyph (matching the symbols), dusted to look at the other symbols. When it comes to matching the symbols under Anubus, I can't. If I put my cursor on them, it is blue but I can't move them to match the 3 symbols. Is this another glitch?

Never mind, got it.

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/05/08 08:34 PM

Tammy, we'll have to wait for someone else who has actually played the game to help you wave

Re: Samatha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 11/05/08 08:54 PM

Tammy, if there is a "trick" to getting the puzzle to work, please post it (in a spoiler). Someone else may come along who has the same problem.

EDIT --
In case anyone is interested, I had the same problem as Tammy with not being able to click the symbols under Anubis. I windowed the game in the game options while I went online to see if there was a fix. I didn't find one, but when I went back to the game I found it had mysteriously fixed itself and the symbols under Anubis were now clickable. So maybe pausing the game or windowing it did something that fixed it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community