GB HOMEPAGE

The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 11:28 AM

Todays game for Club Members and Daily Game Splash Members, tomorrows game for all.

It's tomorrow! Treasures of Mystery Island.

Quote:
A mystical talisman draws you to Mystery Island! Survive the island`s strange inhabitants while hunting down hidden items and solving fantastical puzzles. Every item found and puzzle solved will bring you one step closer to uncovering the island`s incredible secret. Are your eyes and mind sharp enough to escape from Mystery Island?

Beautifully detailed locations
Tons of mini-games and trophies
Escape from Mystery Island!

Margie has a walkthrough Here. (Thanks Margie!)

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 11:35 AM

There IS a demo available if anyone wants to try before buy!

I downloaded the demo from Alawar a week ago! Just google to find the page.

Sadly I can't say anything about the game because I am playing Mushroom and Veronica right now and never got to the demo but you know I am going to try to play it today.

Linda wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 11:56 AM

I hadn't noticed till you said that Linda. Odd that they would not give you a demo. I do know that those that played previously really enjoyed it so I think it's a keeper anyways.

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 12:42 PM

Yes, the demo is on Alawar's site here.

I think BFG doesn't offer demos for games that are over 100mb. Which IMHO is understandable for larger casual games.
Posted By: linward

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 12:51 PM

Great game again, thanks to BFG :)))
I played the Demo, and enjoyed, now have it from BFG, and enjoying it (well sometimes I am tearing hair out ;))
Lots of things to find , to use to find other things smile
Linward
Posted By: Redz

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 01:15 PM

I have never bought a game before without playing a demo. This time I did. Just to let those of you who have not played the demo...there is no timer, no penalty for excessive clicking, and the hints regenerate quickly. I think it's a winner.

Joan wave
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 01:17 PM

I just played the demo from Alawar. It's great. I'll get it at BF though.
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 03:17 PM

Are my eyes and mind sharp enough to escape Mystery Island? That promo is certainly TRUE! It's another Mortimer Beckett style game and I'm still recovering from Magic Encyclopedia. Nevertheless I bought it on the spot this morning as soon as I finished my first cup of coffee.

I love the little trailers that BFG is putting on their games now. It's so much more informative than the screen shots. I didn't even need to try a demo because I recognized the format just from the trailer. This game is a sure-fire winner which makes 3 in a row for BFG in the interactive/HOG/locked objects/travel all over the world and run yourself to death back and forth between scenes genre. I've only played for an hour so far but I love it already.

I'm in a quandary - actually a BAAG emergency. I just bought ND Haunting of Castle Malloy last night. I was ready to download it and start the adventure when my e-mail arrived with Escape from Mystery Island as the Club special for the day. The BAAG disease flared immediately: "Must have game, must play game, forget laundry, forget sinkful of dirty dishes, forget vet appointment, forget work tonight, play game now, play game now." Should I go to the emergency room for some shock therapy or just give in to the overwhelming desire to play this new game?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 03:44 PM

Awwww ScarletD, just give in and play it bravo (Except for the vet, take a break for that)

Originally Posted By: misa
Yes, the demo is on Alawar's site here.

I think BFG doesn't offer demos for games that are over 100mb. Which IMHO is understandable for larger casual games.

I may be mistaken, but I thought the only games that BFG does not do demos on are the Large File games--which are full adventure games. I see them occasionally listed in with Casual games wave

Edit again: I'm confused. Am I looking at the wrong game? There is a demo on BFG for this. Maybe they were late in getting the demo up????

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 05:08 PM

Oh weird, maybe they put it up later. Who knows? laugh
Posted By: NYLady

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Redz
I have never bought a game before without playing a demo. This time I did. Just to let those of you who have not played the demo...there is no timer, no penalty for excessive clicking, and the hints regenerate quickly. I think it's a winner.

Joan wave

Thank you, Joan! I was unsure about buying without a demo but your description makes it sound like something I would enjoy.
It is so reassuring to read what my friends on GB have to say about the games before I try them. smile
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 05:18 PM

Is someone leading me astray again ? Ana, are you in cahoots with BFG guy ?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 05:20 PM

Are you supposed to be able to switch the heads of the statues at the cave entrance somehow? I can't go any further until I do something. The only things I have are a head and the arrow, and I can't put the arrow on until I do something else, but don't know how to put the head on, if that is what I am supposed to do. Any suggestions?

Posted By: GBC

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 05:53 PM

Oh my! I think I'm being led astray again. I wonder just how many games I'm able to play at once? lol

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 06:36 PM

Well, I had to uninstall the game and when I tried to re-install it, all I got was an error message, so the game won't install again.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 06:37 PM

Tammy, did you reboot after the uninstall and before the reinstall?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 06:50 PM

I just tried that now and got the same response: Installation Error: The downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run (771).

I sent a message to BF, but I don't know why it ran okay the first time, and not when I re-installed it.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 06:53 PM

Hmmmm, well, that sorta sounds like a problem on their end. Let us know what they say, if you don't mind. puppy

Posted By: Redz

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:09 PM

Tammy, try using a different profile name when you re-install. That worked for me on a previous game. Good Luck!

Joan

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:11 PM

Oh something beginning with B. Big Fish have got in a muddle & my payment won't go through so I have no game credit so cannot download. It has not been a good day ... Have emailed them & wailed loudly.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:12 PM

Ahhhh JennyP, I hope you get this straightened out ASAP.

Edit:I just went to see if I could download and noticed that the game is "greyed out." I think there is a problem and BFG is on it. Looks like we will have to be patient wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:15 PM

Big Fish are usually brilliant, L4L. Fingers crossed. Keep trying to pay but they say my info is incorrect.
Think I will give up & open a large grape juice !

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:37 PM

I just d/l it and it worked fine - EXCEPT FOR ONE THING - half way through the installation, it stopped, said "validating", and then continued to d/l. I hope this one is going to work, but after reading the above comments, I'm not sure if it is going to work properly all the way through the game.

Yes, I will let you know what BF's response is to me, that's no problem.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 07:59 PM

It definitely said, "no demo" this morning. Possibly they changed their minds over at BFG.

But I don't care for it so far. It's no Mortimer Beckett in MHO.

Will play out the demo before I decide though.

Linda duh

Yup, BFG changed it later today to play a free hour now.
Posted By: PhantomReader

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 08:19 PM

Tammy...I'm getting the same thing, except that it says "validating" at 2% then tries a couple of more times and I get an error. Gonna write BF and see what they say.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 08:32 PM

Same here Phantom, I just thought it was the continuation of a not great day.
Glad its not just me but sorry for everyone else unable to download.
EDIT OOh, now 50% downloaded on the 1115th try. woo hoo !
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 08:32 PM

I got the same error as everyone else so it is good to know it wasn't just me or my computer. I did what everyone else has done as well and sent a note to let them know of the prolbem.

Kem

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 08:36 PM

Perseverence works! After 5 hours trying I have now downloaded demo, woo hoo !! Now UK bedtime, will let you know about game tomorrow.
Posted By: PhantomReader

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 08:37 PM

Was just reading the forums at BF and several others are having the same problem. I tried it several more times and it is downloading now at 17%...fingers crossed!

ETA: It finished downloading and is fine...my suggestion is to keep trying.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 09:46 PM

I down;aoded this morning without a glitch, and it actually stared where I left off when I played the demo from Alawar.

It's a great game and now that I am finshed the other 4 I bought this month, I can start this one.

I've got to get a life beyond work and casual gaming, but hey I'm not really complaing.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 10:33 PM

Does anyone know what, if anything, you are supposed to do with those statues? When you put the cursor on them you get a "hand" sign, but what has to be done with them? Thanks for any help.
Posted By: AZhot

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 10:34 PM

Hi GB'ers LOVE this game, however I am stuck.

Tammy64--I'm at the same place you were-with a head and an arrow-- and can go no further, nor find any more objects. I have the feeling it has to do with putting the 3 statues together, but I can't possible see that you can, I think you need one more place to set aside one of the pieces. Did you solve it??? If so please tell me how.
I'm at ---Courtyard -- totem puzzle & 3 objects to find
Cave entrance---2 things to do
Waterfall --2 puzzles & 1 object to find
Jungle by wtrfall--2 puzzles
Thanks for any help

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 10:40 PM

I know there are 2 other "stumps" that you can place things on. One is on the left and the other on the right. They don't really look like tree stumps, but that's my guess. I just don't know how to move the pieces.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 10:44 PM

Have you checked the walkthrough Here?

Ana wave
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 10:59 PM

Downloaded tonight with no problem. Like Flo said it picks up where Alawar quit, so played two hours for free. Only finished chpt.3, so should be a long game.
The totems took me a while but finally figured it out. The walkthrough shows you how to solve it much quicker than I did.
Got to buy it but just bought Mushroom eek and it's five more days 'till my credit kicks in cry
Will I last? Don't think so lol

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 11:32 PM

I got the statues in order. Thanks for the WT, Ana. I'm going to try to do the game without the WT, (especially since I ran out of ink for my printer) but it's nice to know there is one handy if I need it.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/22/08 11:48 PM

Not sure why but this large game downloaded in a flash for me. While yesterday's download took forever. I wonder if it has anything to do with how many people are downloading at the same time.

Interesting game... I like it but am using way too many hints to find these small pieces. They sure are well hidden.

Thanks, Ana, for the walkthrough link... I'll need it. laugh

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 06:08 AM

Hey NY Lady - the hints are "free" so I don't strain my eyes on the small pieces. If there's a time penalty or limited hints, I hoard them for the hard stuff, but in a game with unlimited hints, I use them freely. I also like to use a hint if there's only one or two pieces left in a scene because often in games like this where pieces are "locked or hidden", the hint lets me know to move on to another area and come back later when I have whatever object is necessary to unlock the hidden piece. It sure saves me lots of time and frustration looking for a piece that isn't there yet.

The characters in this game are UGLY; even their clothes are ugly. Guess I've been spoiled lately being a beautiful babe character like Samantha or Veronica. This game was fairly easy and the mini-games were easy too except maybe arranging the totem statues. I think children would appreciate this game and do well solving it.

BTW, I downloaded the game early this morning and it only took a few minutes. BFG's server was probably overwhelmed with too many members trying to download a large file at the same time.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 06:50 PM

Finished the game. Not too bad.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 11:51 PM

I know what I'm supposed to do with the statues but can't seem to get them together. It seems every piece I try to move won't go anywhere so I can get the piece underneath. I looked at the walkthrough and it shows what to do but I just can't get it to work. Anyone have any other hints?
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/23/08 11:57 PM

See which piece goes to which statue.
Then move the pieces that is on the way on the 2 tree stumps and over the other 2 statues.
Once it is correctly placed, they do not move anymore.

So try working on the pieces at the lower level first and work your way up.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/24/08 01:02 AM

I can see where they go but because you can't put most pieces on others or some on the two tree stumps I can't match the colors.

In other words I can't get the green over to the middle column... it just won't go because the stuff on top of it can't be moved... I move the head, and the shoulders and there is no where left to put the other.

Does someone have steps I can follow or something?

I GOT IT!
Posted By: calittleone

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/25/08 04:25 PM

Anyone have a step by step for moving each piece of the statues?
PLEASE!!!
Thanks.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/25/08 05:08 PM

welcome to GameBoomers calittleone. Have you checked Margies walkthrough? The link is in the first post.

Ana wave
Posted By: nascarmedc

Re: The totems are killing me.... - 10/25/08 05:15 PM

Could someone please tell me the way to get the totems in the right order? I read the Walkthrough Guide but not very helpful in terms if how to move the pieces. I can't seem to get the torsos in the right places.

Also, where is the diamond that goes in the cave entrance? The Walkthrough mentions where to polace it but I haven't seen a diamond yet.

Thanks in advance.

RC
Posted By: PATSY

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/25/08 05:46 PM

scarletdragon,
where do I get Mortimer Beckett?

edit: found it. Guess big fish doesn't have it

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/25/08 07:06 PM

Patsy, I found mine at Walmart wave
Posted By: jojo1940

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/28/08 01:38 PM

I am at the cave entrance and have the sticks in inventory, but when I put them at the cave entrance the preview of the mini game comes up as a directive, but no mini game actually comes up. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/29/08 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: nascarmedc
Could someone please tell me the way to get the totems in the right order? I read the Walkthrough Guide but not very helpful in terms if how to move the pieces. I can't seem to get the torsos in the right places.

Also, where is the diamond that goes in the cave entrance? The Walkthrough mentions where to polace it but I haven't seen a diamond yet.

Thanks in advance.

RC

What helped me most is someone here who suggested I move the heads to the stumps... somehow doing that and just throwing the other parts between the 3 totems...I got it.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 10/29/08 04:42 PM

The totem puzzle is somewhat similar to a Hanoi rings puzzle. The two stumps provide a 'holding area' so you can reach a lower piece and match it to the proper totem. In Hanoi rings, you can't put a larger ring over a smaller one - in the totem puzzle, you can't put a lower piece on top of a higher piece. Hope this helps any gamers who are still having problems.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 11/01/08 04:53 PM

Finished the game, it was great!

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 11/01/08 09:02 PM

bravo Misa

What's next?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 11/01/08 09:53 PM

L4L, I'm about 1/4 way through Mushroom Age now. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 11/15/08 08:49 PM

I'm having problems with this one. I'm in what's called
"CHAPTER 6 PIRATE SHIP 3 LOCATIONS" in the ***Gamezebo walkthrough***.
From the walkthrough, I think the next thing I have to do is
Click to reveal..
use a magnifying glass on the hay. The problem is that I don't have a magnifying glass in my inventory. I remember I had one in my inventory at one point, but it seems to have disappeared. I've already put the wheel on the cart, which is what the walkthrough says is supposed to have given you the magnifying glass.

So I think my game messed up. Is there any way to restart a level?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island - New HOG on BigFish - 11/16/08 02:20 PM

Did you check through the other locations? I can't remember but I think I got the magnifying glass in that level and not a previous one though I'm not 100% on that.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community