GB HOMEPAGE

Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 12:22 PM

Todays game for Club Members and Daily Game Splash Members, tomorrows game for all.

It's tomorrow! Download Buckingham Palace Here.

Quote:
In Hidden Mysteries ™: Buckingham Palace you must peel back the curtains on one of the grandest buildings in the western world to look for treasure and uncover its deepest secrets. Learn fun facts about several royal locations while you search for hidden objects and play ingenious mini-games. Follow romantic notes strewn across beautifully rendered scenes in this exciting sequel to Hidden Mysteries: Civil War.

Learn fun royal facts
Use items to solve puzzles
Clever mini-games

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: JennyP

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 12:55 PM

Sounds good to me.
Is now a good time to say my parents were officially "presented" to Prince Charles about 30 years ago ? I missed out.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 12:59 PM

That sounds impressive and an honor Jenny. Can you explain what it means for us not in the UK?

President Kennedy kissed me when I was a baby! happydance (Okay, probably totally not the same thing, but I always thought that was cool, lol )

Ana wave
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 01:05 PM

Quote:
President Kennedy kissed me when I was a baby!

I wish his son had kissed me! hearts

So far I like this game, not hard to find hidden items, and nice interactive mini games.

Dyl'smom
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 01:27 PM

Wow, Ana ! No one famous has ever kissed me, they would be more likely to turn & run in the other direction .
My parents were presented because my dad was the highest ranking army officer in Malta & Prince Charles popped over to visit.
I have met Leonard Nimoy and other sci fi actors, does that count ?
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 01:57 PM

Jimmy Gleason gave me my first horse and I used to spend a week or so at his house some summers. O.K., O.K.!!!! So 90% of you are too young to even know who I am talking about, but, I think that's my only claim to knowing the rich and famous.

Just finished the demo. I AM buying this one!!!!!
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 02:09 PM

Good game and no timer. Played for 1/2 hour and like it. This ones a "go" for me.
Posted By: misa

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 02:11 PM

So they've improved this greatly since Civil War?
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 02:31 PM

It took me 8 miniutes of game play to make up my mind to buy. Generous hints,extended play option. I have just trashed my hope of getting any work done today. Now on to the challenges this game will offer for us. Thank you BFG for another good game.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 03:04 PM

I played for 5 min. before work and think it's a keeper.

Congrats to Ana and Jenny... that is such an honor.
Not sure who Jimmy Gleason is but I do remember Jackie Gleason.

OK... are you ready for my claim to fame???

My dad was a local wrestler/referee(later) and met all the wrestlers and he brought lots of them home. One day he took me and my sisters to a big hotel in Buffalo and we went to the room of Gorgeous George. He was sleeping and his valet told me to pull his hair to awaken him... (I was afraid he'd wake up angry...but) he smiled and gave us all gold bobbi pins. AND... my aunt married Iron Talun, a wrestler who later played Goliath in the movie David and Bathseba.

Oh, heck this could be a whole new topic. smile

My family tree starts in England so I will be buying this game. I love it.

Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 04:22 PM

I just loaded this game what a refreshing look and beautiful scenes love learning the history too. Played the demo and bought it right away. I like that you can choose timed or relaxed mode. I also love learning about England and lots of interesting history and mystery there too.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 05:11 PM

The game looks great. I wonder if they'll make a Mac version the way they did with Civil War.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 06:28 PM

Hope we don't have to look for those 40,000 light bulbs. That would sure keep the game going though
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 09:24 PM

This was a fun demo, puzzles are a nice change. Don't know how long it is though, after the 1 hour demo I had found four of the eight jewels. So if that's all there is, it would be petty short.
I'll wait a bit to see how long it is.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 10:56 PM

I'm in the Throne Room and I cut a small slit in the right-hand chair. I was able to get the next jewel, but I have nothing left in my inventory, and the game won't go on. Any suggestions?

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 11:12 PM

I have a building... I put the X at the top and deciphered 3 phrases... now what? I have a gold feather but nothing seems to work with it.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 11:22 PM

I think the gold feather goes in the secret passage, right in front of it on the right side. Hope I'm right on this.

I put all the jewels in place and that was that. Is that the end of the game? If it is, that was way to short.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/03/08 11:40 PM

Use the feather on the little nose you see in the secrret passage

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 12:17 AM

I got it! Thanks.

The objects are simple to find but I find the puzzles very difficult. Now I'm messing with the box with the jewel. I hit it with something and now have a snake picture on it... and now neither of the two objects I have will work with it.

Maybe this game isn't for me.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 12:49 AM

I got all the jewels in place, but nothing left in my inventory. I just click "Okay" and I'm back at the Play, Options, etc. (at the beginning). Is that the end of the game?

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 01:58 AM

Bummer... must be a short game. Did you buy it or are you still on the demo?
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 02:40 AM

This is not a long game but beautiful graphics, optional timer and the mini games are not too complicated. I think it is a replayable game. Took me about 8 hours to play it. I used the hint system several times. I found the hints generous and easily obtained. Now will go back and play it in timed mode.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 02:52 AM

Where are the hints? Didn't see any.
Posted By: cmcd

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 03:03 AM

Boy I am already stuck. At the clock, put gold and silver balls in place, cannot figure out how to use the key to wind the clock.

The box with the jewel, go to crack in wall at left, use crop and then hammer, then glue the jewel in.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 10:43 AM

NYLady, you have to find the hidden crowns in each scene. There are 2. Then you can "purchase" the hint by clicking on the item in the list. Each crowm gives you 5 hint credits, and you can choose the level of hint that you want.

thracia
Posted By: misa

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 01:37 PM

Oh I like this game. Graphics are well done and the added interactive puzzles are great!
Posted By: GPM

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 02:10 PM

I downloaded the game yesterday, but only had a few moments to play it before a small family emergency occurred. Does the game have a storyline?

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 02:56 PM

NYLady,
For the jewel box.

Click to reveal..
That snake thing is glue, you have to find the purple stone to stick there
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 07:18 PM

When you are in the tunnel area you use riding crop in the crack in wall you get a geode rock hit it with hammer in inventory you get a jewel you also should have the glue in space where jewel goes. It is a short game too bad not longer I love the theme of the game.
Posted By: puzzlefiend

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 07:31 PM

I bought this game with extreme anticipation and to some extent I was pleased I did. Their previous Hidden Mysteries Civil War was graphically displeasing, with items extremely hard to find they were so minute.

This was a definite improvement, with decent minigames, but the game itself is very short indeed, so was a disappointment to me.

Can't wait for the new Mortimer Beckett for real interactive gaming - does anyone know when this will be out?

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 07:56 PM

puzzlefiend, the best info we have so far is Here.

Ana wave
Posted By: cmcd

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 08:33 PM

Can anyone tell me how to use the winding key with the clock?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 08:52 PM

After you placed all the other items, then you can use the winding key.
I clicked on 2 places and it finished - so not sure: one is the center of the clock and the other is the metal tube right of the clock face.
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 10:05 PM

I bought this game and think it is great. The clues are generous, I love that it can be played either timed or untimed and the objects look like they should as well as being findable. I enjoy the history and like it much better than Civil War (I did enjoy that one too, but found some of the objects harder to find). It is a keeper for sure. Thanks again for a terrific game BFG.
bravo yay
Kathy
Posted By: chrysteen

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 11:20 PM

I am stuck in the tomb room. does anyone know the sequence I need to use?

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/04/08 11:27 PM

After placing the marble slabs, start with first phrase - click on the item that corresponds to the words done in sequence.
First phrase: Life blooms - click on the ankh and then the rose bud.
Second phrase is Time Flies: click on the clock and then the helmet of Mercury.
Third phrase is Grace Wanes: Click on swan and the moon at top right.
Last phrase is Death something (I forgot): Click on skull and last item (which I also forgot).
Posted By: dorish

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/05/08 09:20 PM

Last one is Death rides. click on skull and horse.
Posted By: mac318

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/05/08 09:55 PM

Thanks for all the input about this game, I bought the civil war game and made it through it in no time,I enjoyed the game but was slightly disappointed how quickly it ended. My husband who isn't so good at HO games still plays. I played the demo of BP on BFG and really liked it, even though it sounds short I think it's worth the 7 bucks (I'm a BFG game club member). I just can't seem to get enough of those HOG's!!!!!
Posted By: sadirose

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/06/08 03:56 PM

What do you do with the bronze feather? it seems to go with the other 2 bronze feathers,but i am not gettin any change w. the cursor as per instructions & it won't go in place. I am at the Admiralty Arch. Second scene?
Posted By: Margie

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/06/08 08:21 PM

Hi Sadirose,

Place the feather on the tiny little nose that is on the right side of the wall and it will sneeze. A secret compartment will then open up.

Good Luck
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/06/08 08:25 PM

thanks Margie

luck Sadirose puppy

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/13/08 03:59 AM

Can anyone explain to me the logic behind the puzzle where you arrange the figurines of the knights on the fireplace mantel?

Gamezebo has a picture of the solution ***here*** but they don't say why that's the solution.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/13/08 04:11 AM

Jenny,

The hands touched on the 2 leftmost.
The next two have the feet touching.
The next have the heads touching.
The last have the swords.
They are all connected.

Re: Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace - New HOG on BigFish - 11/13/08 04:22 AM

Thanks, MaG. Now that you point it out, it seems obvious.
I was thinking along the lines of one appearing to be bowling, which starts with a B, one appearing to be playing baseball, which also starts with a B, one appearing to be about to kick a ball, which might be S for soccer or F for football, etc. And maybe they're in alphabetical order... So you see I was entirely on the wrong track.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community