GB HOMEPAGE

Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii

Posted By: killerprophets

Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:05 PM

This is on Alawar game site for an hour trial it looks great just downloading it now
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:11 PM

Thanks killerprophets, I'm dowloading right now also, it's exactly the kind of game I love!

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:18 PM

me too will give me something to do this evening while the hubby takes kids to the firework display!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: killerprophets
me too will give me something to do this evening while the hubby takes kids to the firework display!

Isn't Guy Fawkes Day on the 5th?
Are they celebrating it on the 7th now?

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:34 PM

It is on the 5th still but the main local firework show is the 7th its the closest Fri to the 5th, I think thats how they do it.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 02:38 PM

We will get fireworks all this weekend, my poor cats.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 03:05 PM

I hate fireworks, i like looking at them but cant stand the noise hence hubby taking them!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 03:26 PM

I'll have to get this one if it hits BFG just for the name alone puppy
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 03:38 PM

What kind of game is it? HOG? Adventure?

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 03:57 PM

It's hard to explain, I would say it's a puzzle type HOG in that you find things to move on. Example, you have to find a key to open a box to get a coin to enter into a slot that opens a puzzle to open the door to the next level. That isn't actually in the game, just an example.

I played the one hour demo and got to the middle of the second chapter.

On the site it says there are 17 levels but within the game it uses Chapters so I'm not sure if there are 17 Chapters.....? If there are 17 Chapters then it is a keeper as it seems like it will be longer than other games of it's type such as Dream Chronicles etc.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 04:02 PM

I've been looking out for this game since I read the preview at Gamezebo a month ago. I jotted down that it is a Casual HOG Adventure by Alawar Entertainment.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 05:30 PM

Sounds like an Interactive HOG, my favorite kind.
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 07:00 PM

Played the demo and depending on length, this looks really good. Lots of fun things to do and no timer. Two levels of play, casual and expert. The casual gives you a list of things to find I think. In the expert, you have to find the objects yourself. Good hints available.
Definitiely a keeper.

Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 07:26 PM

I got as far as the secret door, but I can't read the number on the slide (blackboard)

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 07:32 PM

I think you have to turn out the lights, after you place the slide in the projector.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 07:39 PM

That was already done, I just can't read it properly.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 08:01 PM

I raced through the demo so things get blurred. If it's the one I think, you have the numbers 24??07. You need to find the device that looks like a circular wheel with a bar slider. Set the inside one to read 07 and the out side one to read 24 and this gives you the middle numbers.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 08:14 PM

Finished the demo what a great game. Got to chapt. 2 and ran out of time. Hope BF get the game. A keeper. The number is 241507.
Richard

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 10:36 PM

Thanks for the numbers. If it gets to BF, I will be keeping this one.

There was one spot, I think it's when I went through the door, where I got that message "Send" or "Don't Send". It shut down the program.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/07/08 10:42 PM

You must have been ahead of me I don't remember that.
Richard
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 02:54 AM

I am stuck on the safe combination at the prison cells. Does anyone know how to interput the codes needed? There are three rings of numbers. I don't know if they are going from right to left or visa vera....number of cells, number of prisoners and number of guards. Thank you for any information you can share with me.

I have found this to be a good game. I so far have enjoyed it quite a bit. They offer timer option, plenty of hints, interesting story line and most of the items easily found.
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 03:23 AM

This sounds just like my kind of game also. Anyone tell me how big the download is please? I cant see this info on the Alawar site.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 03:32 AM

I don't think it's that big although I can't really remember. It think it was somewhere in the realm of 50MB which I guess can seem huge if you're on dial-up.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 03:38 AM

Rosabobi......the game size is about 73mg. I found it loaded easily.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 03:50 AM

OOPS, guess I was a wee bit off on the estimate...LOL
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
I'll have to get this one if it hits BFG just for the name alone

Alabama Smith -- distant cousin of Indiana Jones...
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 10:22 AM

Thanks, all, for the info on the size of the download.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 01:43 PM

Will BFG be getting this game and, if so, when? Thanks.
Posted By: catzzz

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 02:20 PM

I have issues with the safe puzzle too. I'm sure it's something simple, but I just don't get it. I know the numbers are 63.11.16 I've tried putting the 63 and 16 on both the outer ring and the inner ring to no avail. Also, it's hard to guage a 63 or a 16 or indeed an 11 on the dials as the dials are in increments of 10 without notches in between, so, you can get say, 60, but havto guess at 63 position.If someone out there can help I would be most grateful.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 04:10 PM

Tammy, BigFish never announces their release dates except on such huge releases that are anticipated sequels and those are usually not done till right before. It isn'yt possible to tell you when.

This is not a REal Arcade/ GameHouse game so BigFish should be getting it. They are the only ones that will not show up on BigFish for sure.

catzz....not ignoring you, I haven't played yet. Hopefully someone will be along shortly who has.
Posted By: KristiC

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 06:45 PM

Hi all--I am stuck on entering the 3-digit code that will allow me to open the drawer where the candles are. I've found the ledger and have tried all the 3-digit codes in there, with no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks, Kristi

Whoops, figured it out! (Of course.) Hint: check the statistical information sheet on the wall.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 06:57 PM

Kristi, I combined your posts. Please use the edit button on your post rather than stacking them if no one has posted behind you.

Ana wave
Posted By: KristiC

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 07:00 PM

Whoops, sorry about that, Ana! Thanks for letting me know.
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 07:41 PM

I'm downloading this one the instant it appears on Big Fish! I'm so spoiled with instant gratification in buying a game as soon as the demo is over that I will just have to wait until it's available on Big Fish or I'll be tempted to pay full price. This sounds like my favorite kind of game. Thanks to all for your comments.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 09:30 PM

Ok, ty anyway, I'll hang in there and I'll keep trying. I will post the results if I finally solve it. :o)

CRACKED THE SAFE CODE Ok, I did it!
Click to reveal..
All the rings have 4 notches to the next number. Eg: 60 I I I I 70, it's the same for all the rings, each notch represents a 2 value. So, on the Large outer ring place the dial dead center of the first and second notch after the 60, that makes it 63. Ihe middle dial is where we put the # 11, guide the dial right in between of the # 10 and the first notch to make it 11. Finally the inner dial is going to be #16, so place the dial right ontop of the 3rd notch, then "Voila", you get your acid!
I rock lol, have fun all, it's a great game, way too short but great fun all the same, a very refreshing puzzle HOG.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 10:59 PM

Thank you Catzzz for helping us out of the safe puzzle. Now to continue with the adventure, before the volcano blows up on all of us.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/08/08 11:07 PM

You are most welcome!
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/09/08 12:00 AM

BFG does get Alawar games. The question is when.

This game is extraordinary! I found it today and am trying it now and I am hooked!

Just wanted to come by with my 2 cents worth.

wave Linda
Posted By: puzzlefiend

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/09/08 04:46 PM

This is a great game and I loved it. However, if I'd known it was so short I don't know whether I would have bought it, but you never really know until you finish it.

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/10/08 10:08 AM

I just finished the trial WOW what a good game!!

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/10/08 01:18 PM

It appears to be a winner! I hope it get to BF soon. happydance

Ana wave

Re: Alabama Smith and the escape from Pompeii - 11/10/08 02:54 PM

I'm one of the very few who tried it and didn't like it. Nothing is actually wrong with the game, just thought it was too frustrating for me. I guess I don't have the kind of brain power it takes to solve these.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community