GB HOMEPAGE

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 08:00 AM

Tha moment we have been waiting for! Please save Rose and the kids before it's too late! eek

Not only is this game a great deal for Club Members, but we've been given a Special Deal of 50% off for all non members from now till December 27th with Coupon code RAVEN50 . You can download MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Here.

This thread is for Discussion only, all Hints and Help should be posted Here.

Quote:
Emma`s soul is free. But her ghost has delivered a dire warning: evil still lurks in Ravenhearst Manor. Big Fish Games Studios takes you deep inside the cursed estate in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst &trade, the thrilling sequel. Experience Ravenhearst`s spectral halls as never before with new immersive adventure-style gameplay and an epic original soundtrack. Feel the floorboards creak as you move from room to room solving puzzles and seeking out clues in over 150 detailed scenes.

The biggest MCF game to date
Dozens of new puzzles
Can you reveal the secret?

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: JennyP

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 08:04 AM

I'm at work & can't download til I get home ! Can't wait ! This time I led myself astray ...

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 08:14 AM

I am installed and ready to go but I must go to bed instead. <sigh> Work beckons me in a few couple hours so........ sleep

Rose...hang on!

Ana yay
Posted By: Darlene

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 08:18 AM

wave I'm with you, Ana! Downloading as we speak, but can't play until after work tomorrow! Can't wait!!!
Posted By: raylinstephens

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 09:34 AM

:LOL: I knew I wasn't the only looney

Dowloading as I am typing...

wave Linda

**edit: WOW! Appears to be no timer but haven't tried to use a hint. I don't see penalty for incorrect clicking. Looks like a HOG mixed with Adventure! Love the way it says, "buy me,(purchase this game)" when you leave the demo!
Posted By: connie

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 10:54 AM

Just finished downloading on mine and hubby's machine. yay happydance
Posted By: GBC

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:00 AM

Ana, you did it again--you led me astray. Now I have to juggle baking for Thanksgiving and gaming. grin
Posted By: ScarletDragon

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:02 AM

Sometimes it pays to be a hopeless insomniac. I downloaded at 4:30 a.m., finished demo, bought game and am now thoroughly engrossed. The turkey is thawing, but I fear Thanksgiving dinner will be delayed if I can't save Rose in time. I thought Madame Fate was creepy but her game was a Sunday stroll in the park compared to this one. I haven't progressed very far yet but so far I believe this game may be even harder than Madame Fate. It's a blockbuster for sure!

When I downloaded the demo I got a HIGH security alert that the file was attempting to add a DLL to my computer? Is this a problem I should worry about? Can somebody smarter than me explain what that means?
Posted By: NYLady

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:27 AM

FANTABULOUS!

Downloaded it at 6 s.m. snd it only took 1.2 minutes.

Have to go to work but started it. How cute what she says when you leave the game.

Sound, graphics... everything is A-1 like a high cost movie.

Can't wait to get home to play.

Scarlet, ask them in Glitzes and Bugs area... they are very very good in there.

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:32 AM

I allowed the download, but I was just wondering what it meant.

Forgot to mention that you should just buy the game without playing the hour demo because I lost all my progress and had to restart from the very beginning. The hidden objects lists are different when you replay.
Posted By: Margie

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ScarletDragon
Sometimes it pays to be a hopeless insomniac. I downloaded at 4:30 a.m., finished demo, bought game and am now thoroughly engrossed. The turkey is thawing, but I fear Thanksgiving dinner will be delayed if I can't save Rose in time. I thought Madame Fate was creepy but her game was a Sunday stroll in the park compared to this one. I haven't progressed very far yet but so far I believe this game may be even harder than Madame Fate. It's a blockbuster for sure!

When I downloaded the demo I got a HIGH security alert that the file was attempting to add a DLL to my computer? Is this a problem I should worry about? Can somebody smarter than me explain what that means?

Hey Scarlett, I am definitely not an expert in this field but you may get that warning when downloading some games because all of them have the DLL files. It should not be a problem, they just do that as a security measure but as far as I know, it should not be an issue. I'm not sure why it does it in certain games and not in others. I'm sure someone will come by with a better answer :-)
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 12:55 PM

Had no problems with the dowload, all dowloaded, installed and bought in less than five minutes. Now off to save Rose! eek

Koalanut
Posted By: misa

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 01:25 PM

Oh, I see that they have an actual demo versus 60 mins of the full version. This must be the new feature that BFG-Guy was talking about with the game manager. I just bought the full game and installing it now rather than the demo first. Can't wait to play but need to finish Ravenhearst again first.
Posted By: joanieS

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 01:36 PM

Holy Toledo!!! You get your money's worth with this one! My brain is too full of "things to do today for tomorrow" to concentrate on all the goodies in this game. Fantastic! Glad I did the demo first because this one is really a handfull! Has to wait until after TDay.
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 02:34 PM

This is a really great game. It's got an adventure feel to it and there are hidden objects to use here and there. I have played about an hour and a half and must tear myself away to get ready for tomorrow. This one is worth way more than the $6.99 club members pay.

Koalanut thanksgiving
Posted By: GPM

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 03:19 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the hints reloading super, super slow?

My usual technique is to find all the items I can within a period of time that seems right to me (typically informed by a timer), then resort to hints for the remainder and move on.

I have never, however, experienced a game where the hints reloaded anywhere nearly so slowly. I'm talking MINUTES here!

As a result, long after I was ready to move on, I was left sitting ... and sitting ... and sitting ... waiting for the hints to reload.

As of right now I'm surprised to find myself somewhat ambivalent about Return to Ravenhearst as the super slow hint function is an unpardonable sin - I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

Is it just my computer or are others experiencing slow hint reloading (with the demo version) as well?

**It just occurred to me that the slow hint reloading may be the offset to the timer. If so, I wish the game gave players the option of using a timer or not!

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

Unfortunately, I think my computer must just not be "mighty" enough to run this adventure-style version of an MCF game. (I have Windows XP with a 2.80 GHz CPU and 1.99 GB RAM.)

When Emma's ghost was talking, the audio was not in sync with the captions at the bottom of the screen, leaving me waiting - again! - for them to finish. And even after I did move on, there were numerous occasions when the curser moved in sweeping arcs entirely on its own. What's that about?!

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one before I go the way of Charles Dalimer and lose my mind entirely. LOL

But for those of you who have equipment that can play it, enjoy!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 05:03 PM

The cursor movement in sweeping arches is when you randomly click too much.
Posted By: jody319

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 05:11 PM

I find this to be VERY entertaining, and as to the slow re-hinting, mine is VERY slow also. I think that this is the way they made it. I go through and find all that I can, then IF I have one left, then I use the hint, otherwise I just keep looking. Anyway, great game BIGFISH! It may take me a while to play because I am savoring it! And trying not to get help...but don't hold me to that rotfl

Agree with you Koala Nut, it is well worth more than the price...she says as she addictedly continues to play even though she has THANKSGIVING food to prepare crazy

Jody

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 05:16 PM

I am NOT stuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just found the secret garden, my PC keeps screaming to turn itself off to update so I'm going to burn some fish & potatoes.
Posted By: ramona

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 06:39 PM

This is so fun. I just started playing and the music and atmosphere are like the old black and white scary movies and mysteries I loved watching the Count on Saturdays I think in Detroit. They were scary and atmosheric without the gore and guts. The music set the mood. So far the music and puzzles are fitting right into the story. The graphics are great as well. This series really sets the bar high for other HOGs. I agree that we got so much game for just a mere $6.99. Well off to see what else I can find. scared
Posted By: Redz

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 06:54 PM

As far as the hints are concerned...you will notice a typewriter in the hints area. If you use a hint, each time you find a new hidden object the typewriter starts and your hint meter increases. It seems you only get one hint per hidden object screen. It doesn't fill up till you have only one object left to find. Hope this makes sense. crazy

Joan wave
Posted By: GPM

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: misa
The cursor movement in sweeping arches is when you randomly click too much.

Ah ha! Thank you, Misa! With no timer to lose time on, I wondered what the penalty for that was!

I'm sure by then I was clicking on way too many duds - anything to keep from winding up in "hint hell" again!!

I did kind of feel like I might have missed directions somewhere, though, i.e., when I located an item, I noticed that it caused the hints typewriter to activate.

Are there directions somewhere that clue you in that random clicking will result in the sweeping arc?

I'm also wondering if anybody else had the experience where Emma had completely finished talking, but you had to wait there (quite awhile, in my case) until the captions finished appearing?

Posted By: Flo NS

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 08:23 PM

I agree with all the good things written about this game and I want to add the music is absolutely great.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:24 PM

It appears the hint meter fills up faster (i.e. the typewriter clacks) the more items you find by yourself. If you don't find any items, the hint meter just sits there waiting on you. I suppose you could leave that screen and go to another one to help refill the meter and then come back to the troublesome scene. Just an idea...

Did you notice that you can drag an inventory item over to the typewriter and it will tell you/show you the place that specific item is used for? I tried it twice but it didn't really help all that much - I just need more patience until I reach the place to use the inventory items.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:50 PM

After playing the game for an hour or so I've decided I will be the only one probably that isn't crazy about the game. I quit playing adventure games and turned to casual games because in adventure I always find myself in the position of "what do I do next?" and here I am... what do I do next.

I find this game very frustrating. I bought it but probably won't finish it. I've been everywhere clicked on everything and can't figure out what to do next... I might wait for a WT and finish it.

EDIT... don't pay any heed to my grumblings... I was frustrated. I haven't played an adventure-type in quite a while.
I ended up loving the game.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/26/08 11:55 PM

That is why they make different kinds of games NYLady. Sorry you didn't like it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of straight HOGS coming to keep you happy.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 12:25 AM

Actually I love the IHOGS! Yes, this world would be boring if we all liked the same things and always agreed. laugh

Posted By: thracia

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 12:31 AM

I also downloaded and bought the game. It is awsome so far! Thanks to Big-Fish for this Thanksgiving Day treat. I wonder if BF-Guy ever gets tired of us telling him how wonderful he, and his game site are. Probably not.

thracia

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 01:10 AM

Scarlet, when you drag the item to the typewriter, it lets you know where it goes, but it also adds 30 minutes to your time, which is no big deal if you're not interested in doing it in specific amount of time.
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: thracia
I also downloaded and bought the game. It is awsome so far! Thanks to Big-Fish for this Thanksgiving Day treat. I wonder if BF-Guy ever gets tired of us telling him how wonderful he, and his game site are. Probably not.

thracia

Nope!
lol

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 02:27 AM

Hi BFG=Guy! I just finally started 15 minutes ago. So far it's awesome and bless you heart for no timer! hearts You don't know how much it means to this stressed out accountant. grin

Ana wave
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 02:34 AM

I second that I tried Madam Fate again last night and I don't miss the timer at all. This game can be played stress free. I might be blind though. lol

We love you BFG-Guy thanks for the Thanksgiving treat. bravo

Lori wave
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 03:48 AM

turkeyWhat a treat!!! I am thankful for BF Games!!! happydance

I just got started and LOVE the way some adventure game elements are included.

My first game was the typing version of Zork , and then Leather Goddesses of the Planet Phobos. I loved those games and played them with friends. We used to take turns typing into the computer while we all tried to figure out the puzzles. think

We have come a LONG way! The trend away from puzzle games to slash and bash really saddened me.

BFG-Guy, we love hearts you for bringing fun and affordability back to games!!! (((Hugs)))

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

HorseDancer

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 04:27 AM

LOL at BFG Guy. Glory Hog! Bask in it cause MCF5 is a super nova. I called the phone numbers in the game and cracked up when BFG-UK answered one of the numbers and mentioned MCF6. You are starting to torture us already and we've just started this one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 08:04 AM

Do not laugh - one of the items I had to find in one location was a beetle. There were beetles scurrying all over the screen so I figured I just had to click on one & the beetle was mine. I clicked on all the scurrying beetles til my cursor started to wave all around the screen.
Then I found the one static beetle in the picture ....
Thanks BFG for a great game.
Changing the subject, does anyone know how long my fish will take to arrive ? I clicked on the confirm button 6 weeks ago ..
Posted By: gaily

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 08:09 AM

deleted
Posted By: GBC

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 11:21 AM

What a fantastic game! I'm loving it. Sorry to have to put it aside but somebody has to cook Thanksgiving dinner. turkey
Posted By: stellaluna

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 01:25 PM

This game has my vote for the best game ever.

For now. Until the next MCF, I suppose, though it's hard to imagine how RtR could be topped!

It really draws you in, doesn't it? Because you have to keep going back and forth, it makes you feel like you're really exploring the house. Amazingly creepy (and often beautiful) graphics. I especially loved the raindrops.

Loved watching the credits at the end. MCF once again raises the bar.
Posted By: thracia

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 01:39 PM

I really like the little comments that are made if you try using the incorrect objects on a puzzle. Some of them are pretty funny. The whole game is very well made, from the music to the graphics, and the little touches as well.Good thing I'm not cooking today, I can play up to the last minute.

thracia
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 01:50 PM

Not really keen on this game. I will pass on this one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 01:59 PM

I love those comments too, Thracia. It sounds like my boss in sarky mode.
Posted By: Suz2

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 03:08 PM

I finished the game and really enjoyed it. I did have a question though. I never did use the shovel. There was definitely a spot by the neptune fountain that looked like you should dig there, but a hot spot never appeared. I was able to finish the game anyway. Did I miss something?

I loved the intricate puzzles, but took a skip on the whack-a-troll. I prefer brain games to reflex games. The option to skip was greatly appreciated.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 05:03 PM

I have given the game another shot and have discovered if I just keep looking for hidden object areas I can pick up what I need to solve the other puzzles.

Maybe the game isn't so bad after all. It is very well made, and the story line is excellent... not at all boring and I nearly jumped out of my chair when I
Click to reveal..
opened that shower
!

The hidden object parts are my favs though... very well hidden but not impossible.

Thought I'd tell you since I felt so guilty giving the game a negative comment yesterday. Things always look different in the morning. The fact that I'm home sick with a terrible cold hasn't helped any, but it does give me the time to try it again.
As frustrating as it is, I keep going back to it... I'll lick it yet.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 06:22 PM

Good for you NY Lady - way to persevere. This game is not impossible, it's just that there are SOOOOOOO darn many areas to explore, objects to find collect and interact with, people to remember and notes to keep track of that it's kind of overwhelming. We're used to only having 2 or 3 scenes per level and this game is non-stop from start to finish with a lot of ground to trace and retrace. I didn't count the scenes but I bet if we counted on the walkthrough there's at least 100.

Usually I don't like sarcastic comments in my games, but sarcasm is elevated to an art form in RtR. For those of you who haven't finished yet, be sure to watch the "out-takes" that run with the credits. I think the blind mice prose was a humorous comment by one of the game developers.

Note to Suz2: Yes, the shovel is used to dig the X by the Neptune fountain. It never sparkles or indicates a hot spot, but if you use the shovel there anyway, you will discover the missing piece of the twins portrait in the stairway. It doesn't reveal anything - it just locks the portrait into place.
Posted By: cmcd

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/27/08 09:20 PM

Am truely loving this game until the whack-a-troll. the most I have gotten is 60. Will have my 7 yr old grandson do it for me before dinner. I hit the trolls but most of the time nothing happens, he will know what to do. A great game and wonderful bargain. Thanks BFG.
Posted By: jldcat

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 12:51 AM

Enjoying the game but find myself really missing the structure of the previous games. If I wanted to wander around I'd be playing an adventure game.

I'm not as into this one as the other ones. I play it for a bit, get bored and do something else and then come back to it. The others I kept till the weekend because I knew that I was going to play till I finished them.

In fact I bought tomorrows game from bigfish and have been playing it all day today and haven't even looked at Rose of Ravenhearst.

That's not to say that it's not a good game, just that it doesn't stand out as much as I had hoped. The slow hint fill up really bothers me.

Next time I won't look at the hype as I think it made the game seem like it was so much more than it really is.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 03:18 AM

Sorry you were disappointed Cat. There is definitely a lot of running around in this game, to the point that the "casual" classification is kind of iffy.

For me, the hype seemed more related to the "mystery story" aspects of the game. Madame Fate was so creepy and then when Charles showed up at the very end, the speculations began as to what really happened in the original Ravenhearst. Nobody ever knew what happened to Rose.

When Rose's spirit started appearing in the promos and on facebook, etc. it helped build the suspense. I think it was great fun to concentrate on the storyline and pretend that Rose and Charles and the twins were real people. When Rose appeared as a new member of Gameboomers, I cracked up. (However, she was Rose Sommerset not Rose Ravenhearst). I played this game like a maniac as if I were reading a Dean Koontz bestseller rather than just playing a computer game. I've never looked forward to the end of a game more than I did this one and I wasn't disappointed.
Posted By: Whimsical

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 06:47 AM

Ok, lets try this again.

Love the game, but I have three questions:

1) Someone mentioned that one of the phone numbers in the game was a working one and when called, would deliver a blurb about MCF6. Can they post which one?

2) Has anybody solved the meaning of that paragraph in the credits?

3)
Click to reveal..

Whats the deal with the record? Has anyone managed to decipher what sounds to me like someone talking in reverse on it?

Posted By: ChrisMM

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 07:58 AM

Whimsical--yes, me, too, on your third question. And also:
Click to reveal..
I swear, when I finished the bookcase puzzle in that room, that the bookcase moved and that doorway was revealed. Pretty sure it wasn't there before (though I admit it was very late when I got to that point!). But to no purpose, right? Was it ever a clickable location or even hotspot?

But yes--a very enjoyable game; I was very impressed with the level of suspense. I nearly jumped out of my chair at both
Click to reveal..
the shower bit, and the bang at the end when the glass finally broke.
I wouldn't have thought you could create that much suspense in a HOG, but they did.

My PC is pretty old, so there was a lag between the graphics/subtitles and the audio in the cutscenes (the audio was quite a bit ahead of the graphics), but it wasn't a huge issue for me. And honestly, I keep waiting for the year when a game pushes me to buy a new PC (bought this one for Riven blush ).
Posted By: linward

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 11:13 AM

I have to say thanks to BFG, wave what a treat this game has been! I had to go into hospital Wednesday morning for some day surgery on my ankle, and can't move around too much, so this came just at the right time. It has taken me since Wednesday night, and I have gone backwards and forwards, and nearly worn the keybpard and mouse out, but have had a great time with it. Finally fnished it today, and can't say there was not one part I did not enjoy. (Well, except for a couple of puzzles, which I skipped!)
Best game I have played for ages. Once again, well done BFG, this is a winner smile bravo bravo
linward

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 02:16 PM

Whimsical: That was me on Question 1. I think it was the second number written for a clue. I called them all, so I'm not positive. Anyway, when the call goes through a woman answers "Big Fish Games, UK" and then something about Mystery Case Files #6 but the phone develops static just as she is saying the name of the game. Did you click the phone receiver for a dial tone before you dialed each number?

I didn't see any hidden meanings in the prose at the end other than it was cute.
Posted By: Whimsical

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 03:12 PM

Scarlet:

*smacks head* Oh, you meant dial them on the phone in the game! I thought you were talking about rl. That's why I asked you to post it; cause I wasn't willing to run up my rl bill by dialing random strangers.

As for the paragraph, if it doesn't mean anything I'd like BF Guy to confirm that. I'm getting obsessed, because:

Click to reveal..
Every sentence in that paragraph contains a number: Blind Mice=3; Cardinal Directions=4; Wonders of the World=7, etc, etc.

The numbers are, in order 3 4 7 1 6 8

There are also four letters that appear randomly capitalized: P H E N.

I really think it means something, but if it doesn't, can we get BFG Guy to tell me so I stop beating my head against the wall?
laugh

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 03:42 PM

Good Lord, Whimsical - you're one of "them". rotfl

Try the Big Fish Community Forum to meet all the other Ravenhearst experts who can ferret out the many clues and nuances in this story line. I'm just here for the party. However I did enjoy reading their observations and theories leading up to the release of RtR.

I believe you're onto something with the closing prose. Be sure to come back and let us know when you get it figured out. I'm sure Big Fish Guy is thrilled you noticed it because he just loves to tease us all with his riddles.
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Whimsical

The numbers are, in order 3 4 7 1 6 8

There are also four letters that appear randomly capitalized: P H E N. [/spoiler]

I really think it means something, but if it doesn't, can we get BFG Guy to tell me so I stop beating my head against the wall?
laugh

Keep beating your head, as it probably does mean something, but I do not honestly know. We give the creative folks in our game studios complete autonomy to do as they please and I am often as surprised as you all are! There will of course be an MCF 6, but I have no idea as to the name or what it will be about, but trust me when I say, that if I do find out, I will be sure to tease and torture all of you to try to guess it.

rotfl

Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 07:23 PM

Love this game!! The only problem is I am playing it on a borrowed computer while mine was in the shop. I could not wait. Now I have to take it off this computer to return it on Monday, so I have to finish the game first or start all over again. lol

(Not to worry BFG, I will uninstall on this computer prior to returning it.) wave

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and many things for which to be Thankful!!! fall

HorseDancer

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/28/08 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BFG-Guy

There will of course be an MCF 6, but I have no idea as to the name or what it will be about, but trust me when I say, that if I do find out, I will be sure to tease and torture all of you to try to guess it. rotfl

rotfl I can't wait!
I am still in the midst of playing but don't want it to end, so I am savoring each moment. Big Kudos to you and your team!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 01:48 AM

cry I got to the end puzzle and there is a glitch.
The last puzzle does not recognized that I placed all that are needed in the puzzle and would not let me finish. I reported it already.
What a waste of time.
Posted By: ramona

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 01:50 AM

I stayed up until 5 this morning to finish. This was a a great game.I don't know if this was mentioned but did anyone have the cursor move around in a circle if there were too many clicks on the wrong items. It spooked me and I thought it was a nice touch. This one is definitely the best HOG I have ever played.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 02:14 AM

Oh no MaG! I am so sorry. Are you going to replay it?

Ramona, I saw the curser discussed on the hints thread I think. Glad you enjoyed it!

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 02:32 AM

Maybe, when I have more time.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 02:45 AM

MaG--oh, no--that stinks! sad

I wondered--was it the
Click to reveal..
dial puzzle, around the heart, in the room with Charles and his green weird chamber thing?
Because it didn't work for me the first few times I tried it--I kept leaving and wandering around looking for some trigger I missed. Each time I left the room, the puzzle reset, and eventually it worked. Not sure if that was how it was supposed to be, or if I had the same/similar bug? If so, maybe my weird workaround (leave the room, the puzzle resets, go back and try again) would work for you, too? When you have time, and the inclination, I mean.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 02:56 AM

SS MaG... I skipped it.

Well, finished the game I started out not liking and ended up loving it. I should go back and edit that post.

I loved the HOG parts the best, I'm not too good at the puzzles... some were easy and some where impossible, thankfully you can skip most of them.

I did need a few peeks at the WT.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 03:03 AM

No -

Click to reveal..
it's placing the hearts. It does not recognize that there are 10 placed with the gold one at the center. One of them is still labeled heart indentation.

I presume it will open the door and it's the end.
It can not be skipped.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 03:05 AM

That stinks. sad

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 03:47 AM

Dang.
Click to reveal..
There's actually one more puzzle once you're in the door, but yeah, it's pretty close to the end.
Hopefully when they fix the bug, you'll be able to pick up where you left off! *crosses fingers*

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 04:26 AM

Anyone notice the Big Fish Games sign in the store?

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 04:29 AM

MaG, do you have ten hearts plus the Gold one in the center?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 05:16 AM

Thanks to Whimsical, I started beating my head against the wall too. I copied the prose when I finished the game the second time. This is what it says:

Click to reveal..
behold the blind mice and the cardinal directions the world's wonders so Ponderous make one grin from Here to there. is it 6 o'clock Or just somethiNg i atE?

This is what it means:

Click to reveal..
The capital letters spell PHONE. The number references are 3471268. On my next trip through Ravenhearst Manor I will call that number. I've read there is a special message but I haven't heard it yet.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 01:23 PM

I love the way that Victor looked like Father Christmas but he was SO EVIL evil devil
Posted By: quilterill1

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 03:01 PM

Finally finished MCF:Return to Ravenhearst. Took me over 10 hours but what a wonderful game. Thank you Big Fish and many, many thanks to Margie B at gamezebo. Without the walkthrough I would have never been able to finish it. Had a problem finding the heart that was supposed to be engraved by the front door, but finally went to another scene in the house and found it. May be that not all the clues are in the same place each time. Anyway, I loved the game, well worth the money and I will play it again and again. Happy gamming!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 04:14 PM

I'm late in the game but only just starting this now. It's been a busy week and I wanted to replay Ravenhearst first.

So far, I am LOVING this game!
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 06:26 PM

I just finished this game and it is wonderful love the creepy feeling your being watched as you solve things. When you completed a area I expected any moment that something or someone would jump out at you. Music and effects where great this game is the best I played in a long time. Now I have to go back and replay it again. It took me 16 hours to play as I did not want to rush this thrilling spooky game. Could not stop playing it once I had it going.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 09:21 PM

I finished this game last night. It is a Great game, one of the best I have played. I had to skip about four puzzles which didn't do my time any good. I play for enjoyment not for speed. The relaxed mode was just perfect. I will wait for the next one, hopefully not too long. BFG outdid themselves. Thank you BFG team.

Carlahelp
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/29/08 10:20 PM

You guys are just too fast for me!

Oh MaG! I hope your glitch can be fixed!

Maybe if you uninstall and install the game again. I have found that they tend to hold your place for you even after uninstalling.

cry I hope you can finish!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/30/08 12:35 AM

Played all day (literally) and finished it. It was incredible with top-notch production values. I think it was a great mix of seek and find, puzzles and adventure and I really like the live actors in it. It was also nice to see "MCF fans rule!" at the end of the credits. smile

Definitely my favourite game of 2008 and will be replayed many times.

BFG-Guy, your design, development and production teams really outdid themselves! I hope you threw them a great launch party! smile
Posted By: cmcd

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/30/08 07:30 AM

First time I ever watched credits, the game merited it. What a great game, need more. Thank you so very much BFG.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 11/30/08 11:00 PM

I agree with cmcd wave
Posted By: Traci

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/01/08 08:51 AM

After going back to the beginning for the FOURTH TIME, I FINALLY finished the game! All I can say is, WOW!!!

When it comes to HOGs, a must-have for me is a great story line, and RTR certainly delivered on that score! Here's a shout-out to Margie, who wrote the Gamezebo walk-through for this game; I couldn't have done it without you! May the HOG gods continue to smile on you!

Now that the rave review is done, I have a couple of questions. One: Who the heck is Victor? Was Emma or Rose his mother? My personal suspicion is that Charles either got him from an orphanage or snatched him off the street.

Click to reveal..
Also. was it my imagination, or did Victor jump into a time machine set to 1895 at the end of the game?
If so, what does BFG have in store for the next sequel? Will we get the answers? I hope so! Happy gaming, everyone!

Sincerely,
Traci West
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/01/08 08:51 PM

Did you notice when you get the phonograph to play did you listen to it. It almost sounds like Russian language maybe this is a clue to what is next.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/01/08 10:10 PM

I think Victor must have been adopted or kidnapped by Charles. He seems to be quite adept at kidnapping people. Hmmmm... Maybe Victor was Madame Fate's son?? I wonder if she was a Russian gypsy. She certainly had an accent.

Yes, Traci. That is exactly what I saw as well at the end of the game. Isn't that date the same as the original Ravenhearst events?
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/04/08 05:29 PM

Have to add my 2-bits. Was really liking the game until I ran into numerous puzzles that I was completely stymied by without much rhyme or reason other than unlocking a "door". I think if there had been just a wee bit of a clue as to how to even start some of the puzzles it would have helped.
I also was for some reason expecting the "sleuther" to be verbally audible.
I'm not quite finished with the game and hope I'm not being premature in feeling like I know where it's leading and felt it was becoming to SciFi. I did feel the graphics were very well done though I will watch my doll collection closely....
Click to reveal..
Victor was keeping Charles alive per the life force of Emma and the twins

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/04/08 06:12 PM

I don't what transpired at your house Trippy, but "this sleuther" was certainly verbally audible throughout the game. Since it's first person oriented, I did a lot of moaning and groaning, shivering and shuddering, eeking and squeaking and even a few mild curses. I must say, I really told Charles off before I pulled his plug.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 05:30 PM

Just wanted to say i really enjoyed this game. Did i have some puzzles that absolutely scrambled my brain (what little there is)--yep. Did i feel bad about being able to Skip a puzzle when needed?....nope, and thankful that we have that option!!! I thought the graphics were very good and surprising in a 'casual' game...i got a 'regular' adventure game not too long ago and they were so flat and tedious(along with the writing) i quit playing it after about 15min...can't even remember the name of it now. The RTR was sure a surprise!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 05:41 PM

i loved the game too Gamenut! I am ready for the next one. lol
Posted By: Teddo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/11/08 12:55 AM

Well, I finally finished the game. Usually I do things like staying up all night to finish the game. This one was sooooo good that I disciplined myself and took small delicious bites each evening, because I didn't want it to end. The graphics were wonderful. Musical scores in games and movies are designed to manipulate your emotions and this was an excellent example.
I found that my heart was being pulled in and also was bringing up memories of my childhood (tender ones). All in all, this experience was far better than some full length adventure games.
Thank you, BFG. Dare I ask for more of this caliber?? I hope so. Love, Teddo
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/11/08 02:08 AM

I finished yesterday. Great game...Loved it!

Did anyone notice the Misfits Crimson Ghost in the skull puzzle in Charles house?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/14/08 02:17 AM

zookeeper, not sure I noticed that. The only Easter egg I found was the poster in the store about BigFish games.

Ana wave
Posted By: marie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/24/08 09:09 PM

I'm really loving this game, its the best Ravenhurst ever, so much to do, its just great!! :rotfl12:
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - 50% Off Special on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/28/08 07:26 PM

Wow, just had a chance to play today after a long break, and finally found the Whack A Troll!

It took quite some doing to beat it, and now I'm doing the "I beat the Whack a Troll Happydance" and my dogs are looking worried :rotfl12:
© 2024 GameBoomers Community