GB HOMEPAGE

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/26/08 08:01 AM

Please post all Hints and Help here so that everyone can follow along.

Please do a search on this thread before posting to see if your question has been answered. The patience of those posting hints and help gets worn thin by answering the same thing over and over. thanks

If you want to discuss the game please post in this thread.

Here is the link to Margies walkthrough at GameZebo. Thanks Margie! hearts

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 11:11 AM

Margie, WAKE UP! Get busy girl 'cause I'm gonna need some help real soon. Anxiously awaiting your assistance.

Eyeballs hint:
The 3 eyeballs you collect go in a door lock puzzle (the kitchen door I think). Once you put the eyeballs in the empty sockets, click on the handles at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.

Garden gate lock (little skeleton):
Once you visit the kitchen, you will notice a little skeleton figure drawn or carved on the left side of screen. Note the position of its arms and legs. You have to move the arms and legs on the door lock to match the diagram.

Somebody please hurry and pass me. I don't want to be in the lead. This house isn't empty.
Posted By: Margie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ScarletDragon
Margie, WAKE UP! Get busy girl 'cause I'm gonna need some help real soon. Anxiously awaiting your assistance.

Eyeballs hint:
The 3 eyeballs you collect go in a door lock puzzle (the kitchen door I think). Once you put the eyeballs in the empty sockets, click on the handles at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.

Garden gate lock (little skeleton):
Once you visit the kitchen, you will notice a little skeleton figure drawn or carved on the left side of screen. Note the position of its arms and legs. You have to move the arms and legs on the door lock to match the diagram.

Somebody please hurry and pass me. I don't want to be in the lead. This house isn't empty.

LOL, I'm Up, I'm Up....Typing away and taking screenshots wave Strategy Guide should be up tomorrow!! In the meantime, I can help answer questions. What a wonderful game!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 12:36 PM

Nice to see you again Margie, missed you! kissy

Ana wave
Posted By: Kate

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 12:40 PM

Where is the moon for the fireplace puzzle. I got the sun and know the symbols I need, but have no idea where to find the moon.

Edit:
Found it... smile

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Nice to see you again Margie, missed you! kissy

Ana wave

Hey Ana, good to be here. I have been swamped with all kinds of things lately but you know I have to drop everything for this game and I have to stop by and see my all my favorite Boomers! So good to see you see you too wave

Margie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 12:54 PM

I know you are busy, I wasn't expecting you till after Christmas. lol It's always a pleasure to have you here.

Ana wave
Posted By: deelberger

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 12:56 PM

I can't get the key from the cat...I'm at a virtual standstill and this point. Guess I've got to accept the fact that I'm terrible at these types of games. I've gotten the wrench, brick, V typewriter key, 2 eyeballs and the ladder so far, but can't pry up the loose board, get the well to work, or cut the rose...please help me.

Thanks,
Posted By: Kate

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 01:03 PM

You need to find some cheese.

I can't remember where I found it. Try the floorboard on the porch. You need a crowbar to open it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: deelberger
I can't get the key from the cat...I'm at a virtual standstill and this point. Guess I've got to accept the fact that I'm terrible at these types of games. I've gotten the wrench, brick, V typewriter key, 2 eyeballs and the ladder so far, but can't pry up the loose board, get the well to work, or cut the rose...please help me.

Thanks,

If you point your arrow to the right side of the porch, you will see a window. Click the brick on the window 3 times to break the glass.

Once inside, grab the crowbar that is on the floor, left side, under the chair.

Use that crowbar to loosen the floorboard on the left side of the porch and you will find an eyeball.

Use the eyeballs to enter the kitchen door that is inside the living room.
If you need assistance with the eyeballs please let me know. Good Luck, Margie

BTW, don't worry about the well at this moment. The cheese will be in the kitchen once you enter it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 01:17 PM

Doh! slapforehead Just dawned on me that this is the hints and help thread so I don't have to use spoiler tags.

Yep, the cheese is on the kitchen shelf. Give the cheese to the mouse and then give the mouse to the cat to get a key.

I forget where I found the crowbar, but there's something important under that loose floorboard. Use your ladder to reach the bird's nest above the front door. There's an eyeball in the nest you will need for a door lock puzzle.

Hedge clippers will cut all kinds of stuff, including the rose, but unfortunately you will have to find a glove before you can pick it up.

The rope on the well is driving me nuts. I'm still pondering the sun/moon ying/yang puzzle above the fireplace. Anybody figure it out yet?

Hurray! Margie has arrived just like the cavalry racing over the hill to our rescue. Good to see you Margie and I'm off to Gamezebo to hunt for some more hints.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ScarletDragon
Doh! slapforehead Just dawned on me that this is the hints and help thread so I don't have to use spoiler tags.

Yep, the cheese is on the kitchen shelf. Give the cheese to the mouse and then give the mouse to the cat to get a key.

I forget where I found the crowbar, but there's something important under that loose floorboard. Use your ladder to reach the bird's nest above the front door. There's an eyeball in the nest you will need for a door lock puzzle.

Hedge clippers will cut all kinds of stuff, including the rose, but unfortunately you will have to find a glove before you can pick it up.

The rope on the well is driving me nuts. I'm still pondering the sun/moon ying/yang puzzle above the fireplace. Anybody figure it out yet?

Hurray! Margie has arrived just like the cavalry racing over the hill to our rescue. Good to see you Margie and I'm off to Gamezebo to hunt for some more hints.

Hey Scarlett, here is the Screenshot for the moon/sun puzzle Just click on the lever once all the pieces are in place. Good Luck! Margie
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 02:13 PM

I can't figure out how to solve that puzzle by the door (left side). I used the wrench on one of the plaques and removed it, but that's all I can do.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 02:17 PM

Hey Tammy, are you referring to the one with the wires by the front gate? If so let me know and I can post a screenshot and instructions on what to do. Thanks
Posted By: peekaboo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 02:37 PM

I am stuck with the wires at the front gate. I have tried all sorts. Help please. Love the game even though I am stuck lol

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: peekaboo
I am stuck with the wires at the front gate. I have tried all sorts. Help please. Love the game even though I am stuck lol

First off, here's the Front Gate Wires-Screenshot

WIRES
Once the panel is open, you will notice 4 wires at the bottom. If you look carefully you will see some numbers scribbled above it.
You need to place those wires over the holes that are on top.
If you look at the holes on top you will see that they have numbers on top and on on the side.
There are numbers 1 through five across the top row and you will see 1 through 4 going down the first column.
You must connect the numbers in the following manner:
The first number represents the rows
The second number represents the columns.
The first wire says "2,2" place the wire where the 2nd column and the 2nd row connect.
Please look at the screenshot for the solution.
Once the wires are properly connected, ring the red button and a key will fall out.
Click on the key and close the panel by clicking outside of the box.

Good Luck!
Posted By: peekaboo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 02:57 PM

Your a star Margie thank you.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 03:09 PM

Thanks Peekaboo, You're welcome!!
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 03:19 PM

That's what I needed. Thanks Margie.
Posted By: Sly One

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 04:42 PM

I seem to be stuck with no where to go. I can't find the sun to finish the moon puzzle and I still don't know what to do with the well. I can't find any more hidden objects to find and I don't know what to do with the puzzle in the graveyard. Are there missing pieces? Do I need to find the broken pearls, I think, before I can finish? Please help if you can.

P.S. Hey Margie, nice to see you here. Hope all is well and so glad your working on the hints/tips. This is an awesome game.
Posted By: acornia

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 04:54 PM

Go back through the rooms. Have you done the skeleton puzzle near the rose statue? Click on anything sparkly. Know what you mean, just got that nailed drawer open.
Posted By: dorish

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 04:55 PM

Hi, I am at the kitchen door. I have put in the 3 eyeballs. Am I supposed to move the levers to 12,3,6,9? I can get 2 of the levers to move--6,9, but the 12 and 3 levers will only move a little bit, not to the 12 and 3 position.
Doreen

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:05 PM

Thanks Acornia....I did do the skeleton puzzle. The only puzzle I can't seem to finish is the one in the graveyard, as I'm still not sure what to do and the moon puzzle as I can't find the sun. But let me go back through. I'm sure I missed something.

Barbara

Dorish I just recall putting the eyes in and then just moving the nine lever, six lever, 3 lever and then the 12 lever and door opened. I actually forgot about the post above so I didn't follow it at all, but I did get it open. Hopefully it will work for you as well. Good Luck!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Sly One
Thanks Acornia....I did do the skeleton puzzle. The only puzzle I can't seem to finish is the one in the graveyard, as I'm still not sure what to do and the moon puzzle as I can't find the sun. But let me go back through. I'm sure I missed something.

Barbara

Dorish I just recall putting the eyes in and then just moving the nine lever, six lever, 3 lever and then the 12 lever and door opened. I actually forgot about the post above so I didn't follow it at all, but I did get it open. Hopefully it will work for you as well. Good Luck!

Hey SlyOne, thanks, nice to see you too. After you've opened the skeleton door, go past the first section you get to by clicking in the back of the scene.
Use the lawn shears on the lower side by clicking them onto the tree 3 times.
Once that section is revealed there will be a mini game. Once that puzzle is solved the piece of the sun will be inside.

FOR THE EYE PUZZLE
Just click on all the levers until they can no longer move. Do that for each one and the door will open.

margie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:39 PM

Thanks Margie.....As usual you are the GREATEST!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:45 PM

Thank you so much for your help. Of course Now I am stuck again --moon and sun puzzle and graveyard puzzle also. I have the moon, but no sun.

Doreen
Posted By: Suz2

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:48 PM

graveyard puzzle. You need to line up the lines so that power flows from the intact light bulbs and the ravenhead at the top of the puzzle. The lines do not connect the broken bulbs or the red button at the bottom. When you do that you will obtain a part you need for the moon/puzzle.

I need hints on the 3 doors in the basement. Anyone figured them out?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:50 PM

Thanks ever so much Margie. I can't believe the sun/moon puzzle was that simple. I even had the two formulas written in my notes but never dreamed I only needed to match two symbols.

Unfortunately, I had to take a break from the game to run to the lab and take a blood test (which I didn't have time to study for since I've been up since 4:30 playing this game.) Then I had a 9 a.m. appointment to test drive a Dodge Durango which I really love. So, then it was off to my mechanic for a buyer's inspection and to the bank to donate some more blood to get a loan. Poor Rose - my personal life is getting in the way of her rescue. I really must put the pot roast on to cook and bake a few pies for tomorrow, but maybe I'll just sign in to Ravenhearst long enough to see what's behind that fireplace....

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 05:50 PM

dorish, please search the thread before posting for help. Margie stated how to get the sun two posts above yours. thanks
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 06:07 PM

In the den there is a puzzle with zodiac icons is this a ramdom puzzle I have tried everything possible and get no where. Help needed.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 06:21 PM

Scarlet Dragon, which 2 symbols did you match? I am tearing my hair out with this one. I have already used one skip puzzle which added half an hour to my total gameplay time, and I don't have that option this time.

Take care,
doreen

Never mind saw the screeshot on page 1

Posted By: JennyP

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 07:21 PM

I could not pick up the doll or do anything in the cellar so went on to the next room. Popped the V where it belonged, know I have lost my marbles in the 2nd puzzle and the 3rd puzzle the machine is shouting numbers at me. I can't decipher the numbers , it sounds like 30, 60, 3 or 30, 63. I have tried putting all sorts of numbers in the colour boxes but have no idea what I am doing or why I am doing it. Have not used the rag or the trumpet yet, if I blow the trumpet will the machine stop shouting at me & tell me calmly what to do ?
HELP !!!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: JennyP
I could not pick up the doll or do anything in the cellar so went on to the next room. Popped the V where it belonged, know I have lost my marbles in the 2nd puzzle and the 3rd puzzle the machine is shouting numbers at me. I can't decipher the numbers , it sounds like 30, 60, 3 or 30, 63. I have tried putting all sorts of numbers in the colour boxes but have no idea what I am doing or why I am doing it. Have not used the rag or the trumpet yet, if I blow the trumpet will the machine stop shouting at me & tell me calmly what to do ?
HELP !!!!!

Here's the solution for the number puzzle, middle door. For the trumpet you will use that to scare away the bats in the cave but you'll use that later on.

MIDDLE DOOR
Click on the white switch that is on the lower left side and it will activate the mechanism.

You will see some numbers flashing on the screen. You have to do the math and come up with the correct answer.

Click on the switches next to each number so that 2 lights on the same row are lit.

As you see the number show up on each row, do the math, either add or subtract.

Look on the top right side and you will see an arrow that points to certain colors. Move the arrow to the color you want to change, you will notice around the board that there are colored dots with a space for 2 numbers next to it.
Each time you enter a number, those dials will change.

Top row (pink lights) 27+24=51
Second row (green lights) 6-1=5
Third Row (orange light)71+09= 80
Bottom Row (light blue light) 63-32= 31

The doors will open automatically once you enter all the numbers correctly.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 07:44 PM

Thanks Margie, that sounds REALLY complicated. Will go off & try now

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 08:42 PM

I totally give up. I am going to wait until th W/T comes out tomorrow.There is no way I can play this game without one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dorish
I totally give up. I am going to wait until th W/T comes out tomorrow.There is no way I can play this game without one.

Hi Dorish, it may look complicated but it's not. At least try it and see, you may surprise yourself.

Margie B
Posted By: Teddo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 10:17 PM

On the eyeball puzzle, I found in the center was a fuzzy blob, as I moved the handles the blob turned into an eye. The eye picture becomes sharper and clearer and when it was totally in focus, as I played with the handles, it blinked and it opened.

Teddo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 10:55 PM

The number puzzle is random. Each row has a different light flashing so right down the numbers in order and then add or subtract according to the sign in the middle.

As for the zodiac puzzle, check the journal. Should have a page or two that has a symbol = sun or moon. Will be on separate pages.

Makes the skeleton puzzle easier as can look at the diagram for it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 11:19 PM

BIL helped me with the math puzzle on the basement door. I was pulling my hair out and he calmly suggested "Why don't you work the math problems and use the answers?" Doh! The pair of colored lights for each of the 4 problems indicates where to enter each answer. It so totally made sense once I calmed down and looked at it. I guess I just get too excited and make it harder than it really is.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 11:26 PM

Never mind... I got it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/26/08 11:46 PM

I WONDERED if that was a random puzzle. Will try again tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the US.

Doreen
Posted By: ramona

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 01:03 AM

Guys, I am stuck on the slider puzzle in the garden. It looks like I need to get all the lights on including the bird's eye but not having much luck. Is there a pattern that I need to try and duplicate or is there some clue as to what it looks like? Thanks.
Posted By: ramona

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 01:34 AM

I figured it out, no hint needed. I just needed to slow down and think it out.
Posted By: cmcd

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 02:29 AM

Has anyone done the cash register in the store, it looks like when I get rows to add up to 15 a light comes on, I can get all but 2 lit up...Help please

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: cmcd
Has anyone done the cash register in the store, it looks like when I get rows to add up to 15 a light comes on, I can get all but 2 lit up...Help please

LUCKY 15/MARBLE #4
Click on the cash register that is on the right side of the scene and you will see a close-up view of the cash register.
Your goal is to arrange the numbers so that all rows and columns add up to 15.
Place the numbers in the following order
Top Row- 4 3 8
Middle Row- 9 5 1
Bottom Row- 2 7 6
Once the drawer is open,there will be a four digit code "5392"
Use that code on the electrical panel.
Click on the red marble that is on top of the piece of paper.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 02:37 AM

Thank you Margie, I actually finally figured it out.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:31 AM

OK, I've been wandering forever and my feet are killing me. I finally found the room at the bottom of the well, but I have no idea how to make fire. I haven't even seen a match or lighter since the very beginning of the game and I don't think I ever even had one in my inventory. Anybody find fire yet? Point me in the right direction please.
Posted By: catzzz

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:47 AM

you will find the sun when you solve the puzzle on the beach. You get to the beach by opening the portal when you get the door puzzle by the statue in the garden. (you have to have given the statue the black rose)(the solution to the door figure is found on the far left wall in the kitchen, click on the note and it will fall and show you what the figure should look like.) On the beach, when you have done the door puzzle which the answer of the shape he needs to be is in the kitchen/after you have found all 3 extra eyes), on the beach to the far right, it will sparkle in the undergrowth, use your shears to clip the shrubs away...theres the mini game, I hated it and used a cheat to go forward.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:48 AM

how did you solve the well problem?
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:56 AM

Anybody know where I can find a claw hammer to take the nails out of the night stand in the bedroom?
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 05:22 AM

Aargh! I was doing so well with this game on my own and now I'm stuck. I just can't figure out what to do next.

I've got the V key, wrench, rock pick hammer, damp cloth and bugle. I need the handles for the cabinets in the kitchen, need the left half of the moon and something else for the light up spot in the cemetery. I know I'm missing something but I just don't see another hot spot. duh

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 07:00 AM

The moon is a necklace on the statue of Rose in the garden. You have to find the shears and a glove to get the black rose from the front porch. (Click on Rose's necklace and she will tell you she needs the flower that's her namesake.) Once you put the rose in her hands, you can take her moon necklace.

You have a whole bunch more typewriter keys to find yet BB. I still haven't found the R key and I'm way down the road. I haven't found any cabinet handles yet either but I've already released Rose and I'm zeroing in on the twin's spirits. Be sure you check each scene for different pointing arrows because sometimes there are new areas to explore up/down/right and left. Be sure you find the rust remover to open the grate when you get off the elevator because that's an important portal also. Seems like I always find the portals long before I find the inventory items needed to open them. I should have made a map because I have to wander around a lot trying to find the portals again.

The entrance to the well is behind a door that was tightly sealed (next to the telephone on the second floor of the toy store.) When I finally found the item I needed to open a door, I couldn't remember where the darn door was located. I finally "rediscovered" it - it was the closet of the girls' bedroom in the playhouse. Once you open the playhouse closet door, you will find the correct telephone number which will give you the item you need to open the door to the well. My head is spinning from trying to remember everything.

You have to carry inventory items for hours before you actually need them. The bugle chases bats out of a cave, the damp cloth eventually cleans the chalkboard in the schoolhouse. You have to score 100 points on Whack-A-Troll to get the token for the telescope.

I haven't been able to find the key to the skull lock next to the elevator. Any hints for me? How about the R typewriter key? Has anybody found a way to get to the guesthouse and the lighthouse yet? This game is incredibly "busy" with so much to remember.

NY Lady: There's no shame in waiting for a walk-thru so you can enjoy the game without stress. I'm starting to think I won't make it to the finish without a walk-thru either.
Posted By: needcoffee

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 10:13 AM

I'm stuck help....I can't find the fourth marble...or how to do the ball puzzle in the bedroom on the door...the ball goes in but comes out...

thx

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 11:26 AM

Whoop-de-doo! I did it! Once I discovered the trolley car it was smooth sailing. Everything fit into place quite nicely. I've worn such a path in this game, I swear I feel like it was real. I think I could find my way through Ravenhearst blindfolded.

"Slay the infidel. A pox on you AND your Queen!" Ha, buh-bye Charles.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:26 PM

The stategy guide is posted on www.gamezebo.com

Doreen

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:40 PM

Thanks Dorish, I already added it to the first post.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 04:54 PM

LOL I started at p 4 Sorry!
Posted By: menahune

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 05:37 PM

Fuse Box

even though I looked at Margie's walkthru, I couldn't open the fuse box in the genearl store ... I have the old fuse

I think there's a number to be entered to open the fuse box ??? I tried the number in the cash register door, but it didn't work

hmmm ... help please

also, I tried the 'search' feature here, but no luck there

maybe this is one of my 'dumb'days

Yikes ... I found it ... I hadn't pushed the red button ... now to turn all those lights on in the phone box

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 06:41 PM

Help! On the left side of the Toy house there is a puzzle that I think relates to the stove. It says 500 degrees and there are some cirlces that can turn red if you click on them.... I can't figure out what we are supposed to do here? There is no skip.
Posted By: ChrisMM

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 08:44 PM

*sigh* Must! Close! Game! I have to go get ready for Thanksgiving--my sister will not be happy if I show up sometime tomorrow.

I'm REALLY close to the end, I'm pretty sure, ready for the big blow-off: I got all the hearts, Charles snarked and mwahahaed at me, and I got the dial/lock dealie open, but: epinephrine? Dials that only turn one notch and don't do anything? Help? Margie is having Thanksgiving, so the walkthrough isn't this far yet (and thank you to Margie--I'm impressed, you do very nice work!).

Also, if this is the end: Does the phonograph record ever do anything besides not be soothing as advertised? lol The creepy voice sounds like it's in reverse, but I couldn't find a way to un-reverse it. And the door that opens in that room--is it ever live so you can enter it? I got the bookcase to move, but the door it revealed doesn't have a hotspot to use.

Great game! I'm impressed with how they managed to add suspense without a timer and chase scenes and stuff. Also, man, some of the bits are quite shudder-worthy (that bathroom/shower--and the blinking dolls, ack!).

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 10:57 PM

The stove is a clue for the puzzle on the side of the house. The one with a lot of circles that are clear or red as you click on them.

am stuck on the bookcase puzzles even with having seen the film.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/27/08 11:36 PM

The stove is a clue for the puzzle on the side of the house. The one with a lot of circles that are clear or red as you click on them.

am stuck on the bookcase puzzles even with having seen the film.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 12:14 AM

New York Lady when you have the stove at the right temperature look at the pattern on top of it and use the same pattern when you open the cellar door. took me a while to figure that out.
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 12:41 AM

I am in Emma's bedroom working on the Ball Puzzle. I know how to do this puzzle but the ball just rolls over the hole and not into it. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks and hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kate Anne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 12:51 AM

Not there yet Kate but hopefully someone will be here soon to help you.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 01:15 AM

I need a picture of telephone lights puzzle I have worked on this for hours and couple days need help this tried so many ways. About ready to pull my hair out on this one.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 01:26 AM

Hi Margie, hugs and gratitude for your walkthrough. Now I am stuck trying to find the last object I need in the trunk on the porch, it is the magnifying glass. I have used the hints 4 times and clicked in the center of white circle. I still can't find the magnifying glass which according to the hint isn't it in the tree? Please can someone post a link to a screenshot or tell me exactly how to find the magnifying glass? Thanks in advance. A great game but really wish the hints would have pointed out the object instead of the big white circle. Can't have everything easy I guess.

Sherryah

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 01:27 AM

Mystery Fantic, Here is the photo courtesy of Margie's GameZebo walkthrough.

KateAnne, so you don't get lost, I will repost your question here:

Originally Posted By: Kate Anne
I am in Emma's bedroom working on the Ball Puzzle. I know how to do this puzzle but the ball just rolls over the hole and not into it. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks and hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kate Anne

Sherryah, I'm not there yet either.

Ana wave
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 01:54 AM

Hi, Margie.

In your walkthrough after you get the missing piece of the picture. Go back through the skeleton door and click on the male statue, search for items and get the screwdriver. When I came back through I only get an arrow and no items. Did I miss something or is this a glitch. also so far, I have had to skip two of the puzzles because I could not solve them even with your help on them. Help please and thank you.

Carlahelp
Posted By: margaret

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 02:24 AM

I have never found the potholder for the stovepuzzle. so I cannot do that puzzle. But I think it's not important as I have finished the game. I have read the walkthrough Margie wrote and the potholder should be found in the gingerbread house, where the dolls are sitting round the table. a hidden object game should be activated, but during the whole game nothing happened there. what a great game is this one. some puzzles are random, so not every solution can be used, but many clues are written down in the book in the corner of the game.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
Hi Margie, hugs and gratitude for your walkthrough. Now I am stuck trying to find the last object I need in the trunk on the porch, it is the magnifying glass. I have used the hints 4 times and clicked in the center of white circle. I still can't find the magnifying glass which according to the hint isn't it in the tree? Please can someone post a link to a screenshot or tell me exactly how to find the magnifying glass? Thanks in advance. A great game but really wish the hints would have pointed out the object instead of the big white circle. Can't have everything easy I guess.

Sherryah

Hey here is a Screenshot of the magnifying glass Good Luck!

Hey Carla, the walkthrough cannot always be completed in the same manner that I posted it all depends on your previous steps. The items you need may be there at a later time than mine, it all depends on the order that you did things. There are many ways to complete this game,keep going and see what happens. You can also let me know what items you have in inventory and I'll see what I can do.Good Luck!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:54 AM

MysteryFantic: You have to make a route through the lights so that each pathway is lit but without retracing your steps. Notice that a few of the lights have a little connector wire so that when one of them lights, so does the other. That's the key to planning your moves. I started by filling in the bottom section in a counterclockwise direction so that my final steps could make use of the connector in the top left side. Picking the first move is crucial. Since that's the route I wanted to work on, I started in the light just below the final one to complete the circuit. It gets really tricky on the right side but just learn from your mistakes which way not to go and eventually you'll get it solved. It's important to plan for the connector wire bonus on the right side to keep from getting blocked. Very good luck - this was a pretty difficult puzzle.

Kate Anne: I got frustrated with that ball puzzle too because it kept rolling over the hole, but if you plan your best moves, the ball eventually will stop at a wall right next to the hole. When you reach that point, flipping it one more time will make the ball drop in the hole.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:56 AM

Margie and Scarlet praise

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:07 AM

Margie, you are an angel to have that wt up so soon to help us.
I needs lots of help.

I'm on the furnace... my degree is 500 and I followed the pattern exactly and I push the button and nothing happens.

With 500 degrees only two red circles on the outer with the 3 in the middle black... so I go outside and make the outer red and the three inner left blank. Nothing.

What do you suggest I do next... I can't move forward with the game because there is nothing else to do.

PIC 1

PIC2

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: NYLady
Margie, you are an angel to have that wt up so soon to help us.
I needs lots of help.

I'm on the furnace... my degree is 500 and I followed the pattern exactly and I push the button and nothing happens.

With 500 degrees only two red circles on the outer with the 3 in the middle black... so I go outside and make the outer red and the three inner left blank. Nothing.

What do you suggest I do next... I can't move forward with the game because there is nothing else to do.

Which button are you pushing? The one on the side of the schoolhouse? I just posted some screenshots for this puzzle in the walkthrough, can you look at the examples and tell me if that is what you're following? I don't have your specific temp but let me know and we can take it from there. Thanks
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:21 AM

Thanks Margie, really appreciate your help!

Sherryah

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:23 AM

Margie, I just edited my post to pics of what I have.. feel free to add them to your site for people who have the 500. The button I'm pushing is the small white one at the bottom of the screen. Does it matter whose pic is on the right?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:28 AM

I looked at your screen shots NYLady and I believe you may have your pattern rotated one click clockwise. The stove is just a little slanted so you have to [blip] your head just a bit. lol

Ok, how about you have to "slant" your head just a little bit.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:35 AM

Thanks ScarletDragon
Kate Anne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:39 AM

It worked!

HERE

Thanks for the Blip tip. laugh thanks Scarlet

Margie, feel free to grab those pics for your site.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:43 AM

Margie's walkthrough with picture helped me with the phone lights. I can't seem to go anywhere got the cable car and did what puzzles I had to do there now I have a jewel heart and I don't know where that goes yet. This game has been very hard almost impossible to figure out some wifty puzzle's they could have been just left out. Anyone know about the cable car? I still did not get the key for elevator gold box.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: NYLady
It worked!

HERE

Thanks for the Blip tip. laugh thanks Scarlet

Margie, feel free to grab those pics for your site.

NY Lady, I was just about to show you the answer but you beat me to it :-) Glad you worked it out. Goodnight everyone, I will see you all tomorrow.
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 04:04 AM

what do you do with the books in the room at the cottage on the beach?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 04:20 AM

I used a puzzle skip for "whack-a-troll." The best I could do was 40. Apparently I'm supposed to get a token of some sort from a "yellow doll" after finishing "whack-a-troll." Unfortunately I don't see any yellow doll in the room -- only a teddy bear. If the yellow troll at the back of the "whack-a-troll" screen is supposed to give me a token, he didn't. I can replay the game, but there's no reaction to using the "puzzle skip" option anymore.

Does this mean I have to start the game over?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 04:56 AM

I did same thing yellow doll is at top of screen of the game

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 05:27 AM

Hey Mystery: You're almost finished. The jeweled hearts are the final thing you need to defeat Charles and the skull key for the box by the elevator is the final portal to reach the area that requires the jeweled hearts. Did you gas up the cable car and go for a ride? You'll need to ride it back and forth several times.

My9: You have to rearrange the books on the second shelf to match the books in the film. Watch the film several times because Victor will move enough for you to copy down the order of the books on the second shelf. Use the symbols on the books to help identify them. Just click on two books to swap them.

You're very welcome JennyP. I had to go back twice to look at the stove because it was off-center.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 05:47 AM

The game fixed itself somehow. I did a couple of other things, like fiddling with the stove, came back to try "whack-a-troll" again, and the "skip" worked again (which I suppose means I now have an hour added to my game time instead of 30 minutes). This time the yellow troll thing in the back of the "whack-a-troll" screen opened his mouth so I could take the coin. Not only that, but the male statue outside finally had the search available, which according to the walkthrough should have been available long ago (I checked the walkthrough and I'd done everything up to that point). Before that he hadn't had any twinkles around him to let you know he had a search near him. I wonder if the game has some periodic "bug checking" to set things right if they aren't -- and it corrected the problems for me.
Posted By: gaily

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 06:26 AM

Hi all,
In Roseville, left side " twinkly stars" HO..... can anyone tell me where the "gum" is...hint circle indicates upper right side, but for the life of me, I can't see it. duh Thank you.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 07:55 AM

I'm near the end, I think, and stuck...
Click to reveal..
I got to the cottage and got locked up by the crazy old coot. I knocked my way out with an axe and found myself in front of Ravenhearst again. I'm not sure what to do now. I have a damp rag and a jeweled heart in inventory.

I think I may have missed something because I've found clues for numbers that associate with three of the four card suits -- diamonds, hearts, and spades -- but not clubs. I think maybe the game isn't letting me progress until I find the clue for clubs. I can't seem to find any more sparkly places.

Another thing -- I never did find anything to do with the phonograph in the room across the hall from the movie room. Was I supposed to find and play a record on it?

Any suggestions?

Gaily,
The game never asked me to find gum. But sometimes I couldn't see the thing the Hint circle was supposed to be indicating. Just click around in the center of the circled area and you should eventually click it by accident.
Posted By: Traci

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 08:25 AM

Hi, Margie! I printed it out your walkthrough; I couldn't play the game without it!

However, I've got a problem. I followed the walkthrough up to the point where I used the shovel on the X in the garden to dig up the piece of canvas. According to the walkthrough, I'm supposed to go back out and click on the male statue in order to search for hidden objects and find the screwdriver. However, that area isn't sparkling, and when I click on it, nothing happens. Is there a glitch in the program, or am I doing something wrong? To be safe, I notified BFG of the problem. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Traci
Posted By: catsmom

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 08:45 AM

The gum is off on the top right side,looked to almost be out of the picture,,and it was white.
Jenny100 you have to use the tram-train ride again, more clues where the old coot was,,,Funny pictures of the old coot picking his nose.snot funny smile smile
Posted By: cailyn

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 10:13 AM

Hi,I've been stuck at the Skeleton door now for 3 days the case book and the drawing are the same,but the door will not open no matter how many times I reposition him hardwallIs this a glitch in the game? I've read all the posts here and at BF Forum and still can't get it,is there a screen shot any where? Other people at BF are having the same problem,am I doing something wrong headscratch wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 12:46 PM

Margie,

I am in the toystore trying to get the old fuse. It is there but when I click on it, it will not move or go into inventory.

Carla
Posted By: MaG

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 01:47 PM

Cailyn,
Copy the drawing on the wall of the kitchen or the one in the journal. Pay attention to the right arm of the skeleton (left side looking at it).

Carla,
There are 2 things that look like a fuse that are side by side - take the on on the right that looks like the hinge. The fuse is ON the hinge.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:12 PM

As the crow flies... what are we supposed to do here? It would be nice if the clue would at least tell you what we are supposed to do. Is there a pattern we need to make... ? What?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:16 PM

Stuck on the elevator card puzzle. Need the numbers.
Posted By: momn8or

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:21 PM

Where do I use the axe? I tried using it on the board on the floor but it didn't work. Maybe I'm not hitting it in the right spot?

NVM, I found where to use it.
bravo
Lisa

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:29 PM

try a window
Posted By: momn8or

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:45 PM

Give me hint to the puzzle on the door to the right of where we first see Victor. How do I determine which skull button to push?

Lisa

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 02:52 PM

The clue if remember right is in the other room that you can enter from the front of the house.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 04:16 PM

Thanks Margie,

I got through that part finally. I have added 90 minutes to my time by skipping puzzles. I guess I am not smart or fast enough to do them. But I love the game anyway.

Carla
Posted By: C65candy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 04:33 PM

Just finished the game and what a good one. Thank you BF another winner. I had a little trouble with the games but cheated a little, so now I am going to start the game again and try not to cheat. Good luck everyone and thank you Margie for the wt as I really needed help when I started out.
Posted By: gaily

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 05:07 PM

Thank you Jenny and catsmom...I'll give it another go before getting to work on my "day-after" turkey prep. When you go to to other's homes you have no left overs. That's my favorite part! wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 05:22 PM

I made a simple drawing how the heads looked and face when you do it in order another room is added for you to explore. When I exited the room I thought is was the front door until I got the puzzle. Also I never got the sparkles around male statue I got my screwdriver from somewhere else. I finished the game and will have play it again take a note where I found it. Like the oven I had different numbers to set it.
Posted By: BurghBarb

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 08:34 PM

OK, I am so sick of the gargoyles and I checked Margie's walkthrough. It say see the screen shots, but I don't find any for this puzzle. Is it me or what? Thanks in advance.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BurghBarb
OK, I am so sick of the gargoyles and I checked Margie's walkthrough. It say see the screen shots, but I don't find any for this puzzle. Is it me or what? Thanks in advance.

I haven't had the time to upload all the screenshots, however I posted a Video Solution for the Gargoyle Puzzle but only for 1 of them. It should at least give you an idea of what to do on the others. Good Luck!
Posted By: joanie39

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 09:01 PM

I saw that Traci had a problem after digging with the shovel and then returning to the male statue in order to get the screwdriver but wasn't able to go anywhere to get it. I am having the same problem. think Can anyone help with this? I would be most grateful for any help. thanks
Posted By: BurghBarb

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/28/08 09:05 PM

bravo It worked. I didn't realize you could tell the darn thing which hole to start in. Thanks again, you are a life saver.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 10:42 PM

Hi Margie,
I may be a tad thick here, but how do you arrange the numbers in sets of three when only two of the cash register keys can be pushed at one time. So if I push 43, thats fine and by pushing eight the next would be nine but they don't add upto 15..I don't get it. Help

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/28/08 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: catzzz
Hi Margie,
I may be a tad thick here, but how do you arrange the numbers in sets of three when only two of the cash register keys can be pushed at one time. So if I push 43, thats fine and by pushing eight the next would be nine but they don't add upto 15..I don't get it. Help

When you click on two numbers they switch places. let's say you want the number 3 to be in the last spot, click on the 3 and then click on the last spot,that number will be where you want it to be, Just keep switching them until they are all in place. Good Luck!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 12:20 AM

I am short one heart and I can't figure out where it is.

I found all of them in hidden object sequences in:

Toystore, beauty parlor, park, etc. but there are no more hidden object games and I'm one short. The walkthrough on Gamezebo says front window and bushes by the gate???? I can't find them.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 01:10 AM

joanie, I just finally got the male statue to trigger the screwdriver. Keep wandering around wherever you can and don't worrry about the things you can't get yet.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 01:46 AM

The gate where the game started. Visit all locations.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 02:25 AM

I'll try again, but I didn't see any hot spots.

EDIT: Good hint, Acornia, I missed the Gingerbread house in the back in the dollhouse! Loved the HOGS in this game.

thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 03:16 AM

ohhhhhhhh *slaps forehead*, tytytytyttytytytyty :o)

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 05:24 AM

I must have gotten my screwdriver somewhere else because I never did activate the male statue. I kept clicking on it throughout the game (even while searching for jeweled hearts) but it never worked for me.

I haven't seen any hints posted here about the Whack-a-Troll game, so everybody must be skipping it. However, if you want to try to beat the game, don't whack the red trolls because they deduct points from your score. After playing it about a dozen times and counting the number of trolls I whacked, I was positive I hit at least 20 which should have totaled 100 points. I finally glanced at the score meter and noticed the red ones are minus. Doh! slapforehead

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 05:26 AM

Thanks Scarlet, I beat the trolls, it took twice to realize that I couldn't hit the red ones. I haven't skipped any puzzles so far.

Ana wave
Posted By: Dolly 1

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 10:28 AM

II am at the toy store second floor door behind the phone it say to place rope on the ring that's sticking out of the ground I don't have the rope I must have missed it, can you tell me in what scene the rope is, many thanks.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 02:46 PM

Dolly,

I got the rope on the dumbwaiter found in the girl's house.
Posted By: joanie39

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/29/08 04:05 PM

thanksAna and Scarlet! I shall continue on, hopefully I will find the screwdriver somewhere else! yes
Posted By: x2kul

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 05:58 PM

Wow, 2 days and there's already 8 pages of posts!!!

Anyway... I feel extremely 'tupid razz
I'm still near the beginning of the game. I've done a bunch of stuff in and around the porch, but <hanging head in shame> I can't find the "note" in the front door batch of hidden objects. I used the hint twice and it just circled the condemned poster. I tried the c= funny symbol, but nothing. I'm pretty sure I'll need something from this puzzle to continue so if anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.
p.s. it's really tough searching for a specific hint on this thing when you don't want to cheat, but you just NEED that one help and you see all the other yummy info! ;D
thx in advance -Laura x2

NEVAMIND!!!! why is it I always find the dang thang after I take the time to ask for help but not before?!?!?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 06:05 PM

Laura, I believe the note is a musical note. Have you looked for that?

An easy way to find something here is to do a search on each page on your browser for a specific word.

For instance if you are looking for a post on "note" you can open a page of posts, go to edit on the top bar of your browser, click on "find on this page" and then you can type in note. That way you only see what you want.
Posted By: x2kul

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 06:21 PM

yes, and I just found it WHEW!! on to figure out what's wrong with the skeleton laugh
Posted By: Dagokid

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 06:28 PM

I have looked and looked for the heart etched next to the window of the front door. I need a little more direction if anyone has found this heart. Thanks.
Suzy
Posted By: abby

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 06:50 PM

iam at the graveyard sun symbol puzzle and i have the lines connected two the unbroken bulbs and the crow like the wt says but nothing is happening ,please help?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/29/08 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dagokid
I have looked and looked for the heart etched next to the window of the front door. I need a little more direction if anyone has found this heart. Thanks.
Suzy

Assuming you're near the end where you have to find the 10 hearts... Did you see sparkles near the front door? If you didn't, maybe your heart is in a different location. They can be in different locations.

Originally Posted By: abby
iam at the graveyard sun symbol puzzle and i have the lines connected two the unbroken bulbs and the crow like the wt says but nothing is happening ,please help?

Can you get a screenshot of the puzzle?
Use the Print Screen key on your keyboard, exit the game, open MS Paint, Paste the screenshot into Paint, and Save it. Then upload it somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack and give us the link.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 03:56 AM

mystery fantic i am having that problem now with the male statues and can't get my screwdriver, where do you find it at later in the game?if i can find one later i will just skip this part of the game.thanks
Posted By: witchie1

Inventory items - 11/30/08 05:41 AM

Hello, All! Love this game-they've outdone themselves. Question: what happens if for some reason you miss an inventory item? Does it impact the game at all? Seems you can't go back to a scene once you've left.
Thanks a bunch.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Inventory items - 11/30/08 06:02 AM

Witchie,

What game are you talking about? welcome to GameBoomers. wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/30/08 07:32 AM

Finally finished, had hard time getting to the shrine, then it was easy. I want a new MCF tomorrow!!!!!

The screw driver is in the rose bush. I found hearts in different locations then other people, just went to every location and searched.

Posted By: Minxs

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 11/30/08 10:39 AM

I checked the walkthrough and the male statue is supposed to light up after you dig with the shovel at the X spot, third time I believe, to get the screwdriver... but mine isn't lighting up.

I see others are having the same problem -- are we doing something out of order? From looking at the walkthrough, I didn't go in exactly the same order, so is that the problem? Is it fixable or do I have to start again?

Minxs/Margaret

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 02:24 PM

I am really stuck on the card game (where I inserted the skeleton key by the elevator) and have to use the numbers found throughout the game. I have read Margie's wt but still do not have any idea how to use the numbers (add them, subtract them, no clue). Thanks

KateAnne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 02:35 PM

They all differ.

One you subtract (telescope Victor's), one you see the sequence of numbers and deduce the missing one (heart from gate), one is ??addition (diamond from school) and can't remember where I saw the spades.

So the clues are all together with the numbers.

To place the numbers - point to the suit.
Then turn the numbers so that the middle set of 3 shows the number you deduced.

My notes stated:
diamond - 006 or is it 003,
club - 300
hearts - 076
Spades - 005
I think you should hear a sound when done correctly; so stop the turn of numbers when you do.
Posted By: misa

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 02:47 PM

For those having a problem with the X not showing up, I think that is the wrong screen. If you're at the scene where it is a statue of Rose and (I assume) Charles, go one screen up. There's another statue there and the X should be on the ground.

ETA: Nevermind! I see you're talking about the area where you can search for hidden objects.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 03:45 PM

I actually didn't get my screw driver for a long time, just keep going back to the male statue after doing something else to see if it flickers, it will eventually.

The HO part must be triggered by something you have to do, so until you set the trigger, it isn't going to light up in order to find the screwdriver. Because it is non linear, there just may be a simple step that one is missing. I really don't think there are any glitches in this game, I know my game didn't have any. Also, a walkthrough can only give you the basics, because a lot of things are so random you really need to find your own way.

Good luck,
Flo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 03:58 PM

I think part of the problem is using the walkthrough as a guide instead of just playing and using it when truly stuck. Other than reading these posts (a hazard of the job) I would not know I need something. I think if you just play the game and wait for things to open up and enjoy the scenery while looking for something that opened up in a previous area, you'll find everything you need without the stress of trying to trigger something.

Ana wave
Posted By: widget

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 03:59 PM

Any tips for the Ball Puzzle, the sequence in the walkthrough does not work for me.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 04:00 PM

Which ball puzzle, there are a few with balls.

ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 04:14 PM

the one on the bedroom door after you have found the items under the bed, inside the Beauty Parlor,

OK, panic over, all of a sudden I did it!!!!
thanks
love this game,

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 04:25 PM

I followed the path backwards. It is easier to see where the ball needs to be in order to get in the hole if you start from the hole and trace a mental path back to the ball. I believe the layout is random.

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 04:38 PM

I agree with Ana about just going with the flow of things. Walk around and enjoy the experience!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 04:52 PM

Thank you MaG

Got it. Great game.

KateAnne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 07:30 PM

iam on the love connections puzzle and have did two different puzzles and another one is up now,once i get done one it will change two another one ,how many times do you have to do this before rose rises from her coffin.please help?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 07:35 PM

I believe it was 3 times.

Ana wave
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 11:30 PM

After taking the shovel and digging where the x is by the angel just throught the skeleton gate you go back through the gate and click on the statue of the man? Nothing happens? does that mean I missed something? Following walkthrough, or so I thought.
Great revisiting Ravenhearst!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 11/30/08 11:41 PM

Inge, just keep going and play. I think everyone triggers things differently and it's best to not worry about something that you don't have. You will get everything you need at some point during the game.

It's also not a click on the statue, it's the sparkly prelude to clicking for a Hidden Object section that you will get by the statue.

Ana wave
Posted By: witchie1

Re: Inventory items - 11/30/08 11:59 PM

Oops! Sorry-Return to Ravehearst.

I can't spell today! Ravenhearst.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/01/08 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: witchie1
Hello, All! Love this game-they've outdone themselves. Question: what happens if for some reason you miss an inventory item? Does it impact the game at all? Seems you can't go back to a scene once you've left.
Thanks a bunch.

witchie, you won't miss one. You will go through various rooms multiple times and when you find the necessary object it will go into your inventory automatically. No worries, just enjoy the game and wander around. It'll all fall together.

welcome to GameBoomers.
There is an edit button on the bottom of your post if you need to add or correct anything. Please don't post two in a row if no one has posted behind you. thanks

Ana wave
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/01/08 12:13 AM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre I'm just lovin' it, needless to say I shouldn't be spending on myself at the mo but I just couldn't miss this one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/01/08 12:31 AM

I hope you took advantage of the half off or club prices. You can't beat that, this game has plenty of bang for the bucks! :loL:

Ana wave
Posted By: Traci

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 08:39 AM

Hi, Inge!

I had the same problem. I simply kept playing. When you go through the third door in the basement (the one with the typewriter keys), there will be a HO game on top of the trolley/cable car. After that is when you'll need the screwdriver. When I reached that point, I went back outside to the male statue and it sparkled. I was able to get the screwdriver then.

After restarting the game for the FOURTH TIME, I FINALLY finished it! All I can say is, WOW!!! Margie, I couldn't have done it without you!

Sincerely,
Traci West
Posted By: Cherie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 03:31 PM

I am stuck on the telephone. I found the phone number, however I can't seem to get a dial tone to use the number,when I dial the number I end up with a busy signal. I think I have to finish the phone call to get the bucket also. Point me please.
Great game sooooo many things to do. Its really a great value I have been on it for days and expect to be another few days. Thank you for any direction you can provide.

Edit:
I went back and found that the phone number I was trying to use was wrong. So I am back on the road again. Thanks
Posted By: Bonniesan

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 04:42 PM

I played the game for the second time, and this time I noticed the path to the gingerbread house still sparkled even though I had all the hearts and was getting ready to finish the game. Can't find anything else at the gingerbread house. I finished all the puzzles and looked at the sign, mailbox, and other stuff. Anyone else notice this?
Posted By: mac318

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 06:07 PM

This MCF is by far the best, I have played once all the way through, but skipped a bunch of the puzzles (when I was able). Now it's time to try again and hopefully make it through without skipping anything. Thank You Margie (and everyone else) for the great hints and tips!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 08:57 PM

One of the neat things I found in this game when I got the phone connected I tried several numbers just to hear all the remarks made. Big Fish in UK was on line too. Very nice touch to the game. I also wanted to mention when your in the game and play the phonograph turn your sound up it like it is in Russian language maybe this is a hint to what comes next.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 08:59 PM

Toy Store telephone, have been there twice but there are no bugs there to kill, I have the bug repellant, so can't use the phone,
where are the bugs???
any idea's???

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 09:15 PM

If I remember the phone box that has the bugs is in the basement where Teddy Bear was hanging up look towards the right of the room.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/01/08 09:21 PM

thanks will go take another look, probably got the wrong phone !!!

Yes I had the wrong phone, thanks
Posted By: Dolly 1

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/02/08 10:45 AM

Many thanks MaG
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/02/08 03:50 PM

Hi All, I can get are the top row to light up, and get two numbers. I only get 1 number on the other rows. If I press switch, It lights go on only on one side. all confused. Help LIllian

This is for the middle door puzzle.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/02/08 04:08 PM

This is from Margies walkthrough Here.

Quote:
MIDDLE DOOR PUZZLE

Click on the white switch that is on the lower left side and it will activate the mechanism.
You will see some numbers flashing on the screen. You have to do the math and come up with the correct answer.
Click on the switches next to each number so that 2 lights on the same row are lit.
As you see the number show up on each row, do the math, either add or subtract.
Look on the top right side and you will see an arrow that points to certain colors.
Move the arrow to the color you want to change, you will notice around the board that there are colored dots with a space for 2 numbers next to it. Each time you enter a number, those dials will change.
This solution may be random but I posted the results that came up during my level.
Top row (pink lights) 27+24=51
Second row (green lights) 6-1=5
Third Row (orange light)71+09= 80
Bottom Row (light blue light) 63-32= 31
The doors will open automatically once you enter all the numbers correctly.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/02/08 04:08 PM

Lillian, I just played this last night. There might be an easy way to get the two lights to light up, but I did it just by fiddling.

I did find that if I turned Off the main switch, and then turned it back on, I could get the lights to work for me.

I decided which color I was going to select.

Put the pointer on that color.

Then just clicked switches (turned off the other colors I think) until I got the two on the same color row lit up.

You could do that the other way around too. Just turn the other switches "off" until you get 2 of the same. Select that color and input that number.

If you get to a spot where all the switches are "off", then turn off the main switch and then turn it back on. The values you have already input will still be there, but you should be able to fiddle with the switches by the numbers again.

The answers must be random though as mine were not the same a Margie's. luck puppy
Posted By: lilkim55

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/02/08 04:53 PM

Thanks Ana, I have that. Lillian
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 03:12 PM

I can't find the hammer! Help please! Thanks!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 03:16 PM

You will get the hammer from the toy store when the time is right. It is part of a HOG segment. It's on the table.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 03:27 PM

The hammer is in the sparkly display case in the toy store (right side of table).

Nevermind, in the time it took me to check my notes, Ana was here and gone (as usual.)

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 03:31 PM

lol Thanks Scarlet!

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 05:58 PM

I went back there but cannot access the glass display cabinet as I had already finished the HOG. I got a doorknob but no hammer in sight! Will I have to start the game over?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 07:06 PM

As I stated, when it is time, you will get it. The same spots open up again, just go around and see what else you can do, then go back and check.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 07:45 PM

But I have reached the part where I am to open the nailed shut drawer so I should have the hammer, right? I'll keep going on as far as I can.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 07:48 PM

No....I got the hammer way past the part I found the drawer. Just enjoy the game and don't worry about what you don't have. You will find everything when you really need it, not just because you found somewhere to use it. There is plenty to do still. Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 07:56 PM

Oh ok thanks! This is a good game isn't it? I am really enjoying it!
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/03/08 07:59 PM

If I have missed the answer I need, I am oops so, so sorry. I did search first, but... duh Anyhoo, I did the eyeballs and am in the kitchen. Found everything but the 'club'. The hint didn't help. Still no 'club'. Can somebody, please hearts tell me what it looks like? I didn't see anything in the middle of the 'hint circle' that looked like any kind of club. Again, so sorry oops

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/03/08 08:03 PM

The club is on the cabinet door. It is a playing card club. No reason to be sorry! grin

Penny, it's a great game! I loved it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/03/08 08:32 PM

Oh, Wow! thanks wave
Posted By: AZhot

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 08:32 PM

I am stuck!!! the 4 playing cards by the elevator. I have all the numbers but when I enter them nothing happens. My #'s are
heart 78
spade 98
diamond 3
club 472,172. Now in Margie's wlktru she subtracted & got 300
Now do you put a zero in front of the 1st two #'s, do you put all the #'s on the top line???
I beat Whack-a troll with ease compared to this puzzle. Any help or visual aide is much appreciated. Oh, I also missed the phonograph record by the library & can't get back up to the library. I have walked every scene twice & I am completely stopped. Thank you.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/03/08 08:39 PM

You place the number that corresponds to the pointed suit at the middle row. 300, 003, 098 or 078. Check your heart and spade numbers.
Posted By: Dumas

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/03/08 09:24 PM

I don't know if it's me or if I've come across a glitch at two points in the game. I have a couple different games going and come across the same problem each time.

1. When I reach Rose's coffin, I feel that I solve the mini-game successfully, placing the boxes with their corresponding colors correctly. Yet, after the last box is in place, there is a short, a flash of light but Rose does not arise and I have to repeat the game. I've had to skip this for a solution.

2. In the stove puzzle, I've noticed that different temperatures are indicated on the cellar doors, depending on which game I'm playing. Yet, no matter what I do...I've tried inverting the pattern....substituting "hot" and "cold" but still the door is not opening. What am I missing?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/03/08 09:57 PM

#2 - The pattern you're using - is it the pattern of the holes on top of the stove?

#1 - It stuttered on my game too before the cutscene started.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 01:15 AM

Hi MAG, I checked my numbers with the case file book, here they are:
Heart=8-16-18-36-38-heart-78 at main gate
Spade=31-14-17-spade-98 buoy
Diamond=74-62-58-diam-3 blackboard
Club=472-172 weather vane
Are the heart & spade different from yours?? And what is supposed to happen? I hear no audible clicking sounds. Again ,thanks for any help-this is really a mystery

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 07:16 AM

I used Mags walkthrough on the card puzzle and it worked right way there is a sound when the right number is clicked.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 01:45 PM

AZ,

The heart has a dash before the 78 on the one by the gate. In the sequence seen - it should then be 76.
The spade I think I subtracted and used 005.

Thanks, MysteryFantic.
I'll check Margie's WT.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 04:02 PM

where is MaG's wt?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 04:17 PM

I haven't been able to find the phone lights puzzle. Where is it?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 04:27 PM

Patsy, there is no MaG's walkthrough, just Margies.

Penny, you get the lights after you get rid of the bugs on the phone I believe. The puzzles will come up as you need them to in order to progress. Don't wory about things you don't have yet.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 04:32 PM

Anyone done the Domino Puzzle??
is it just time and patience,???
I think I might be running out of both,
I know you can skip this, but untill I have no hair left I will keep trying.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/04/08 05:02 PM

I did it by first doing the ones that had only one solution first and then placed the others.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 05:20 PM

Ok, I found the phone in the toy store basement and I finished the phone puzzle and Now I can't find the machine belt to get the stone sharpener running. I don't think that I can go any further until I sharpen the knife to cut open the bear. Help?

edit: Oh geez. I feel so dumb! I found out that I had to back track way back to the front porch of Ravenhearst and click on the chest on the porch. Well, there it is! The machine belt! Before I ask for help again I will try to be more patient and try to figure things out for myself! But don't be at all surprised if I come back with another stupid question! Anyway, thanks all for your help! crazy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 06:02 PM

widget, once you select a domino it gets darker, but if you find out later that you need to unclick it to use it for another domino combination, just reclick and it's available again. I mostly used trial and error, starting with the blanks and the doubles.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 06:09 PM

Hi MAG, finally did it with your help,but my numbers were different.
Heart=078, spade=005,diamond=006, club=300. I still don't see where it says subtract or add the #'s, another mystery.
Thank you again, onward!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 06:42 PM

Thanks BET, and SD, will have another go later.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 06:47 PM

When your doing the puzzle with numbers and they are being called out loud there is a strip with flashing numbers and on the strip you will see + or - right on the center of it. Hope this helps.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/04/08 10:46 PM

Widget- when I did the domino puzzle I started with the double numbers first--ie, six-six--five&five etc. when you get to the number 2 there are two sets of doubles- use the set on the bottom left. the rest will be either horizontal or vertical & you can start eliminating them that way.
Posted By: jachern

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 04:53 AM

I hope this has not already been answered. I looked through the posts and saw some advice, but the posters seemed to get the kitchen door quicker that I have so far. I am at the Eye Puzzle to get into the Kitchen and I have been clicking levers for a very long time (almost twenty minutes) and still no door is opening. I do not even see an eye image as shown in Margie's WT. Is there a certain pattern to clicking the levers? One post said to click until they stop moving but my lever at 9 moves down for awhile then moves up. The same for the lever at 12. I hope that I do not have a glitch in the game. Thanks for any help and a special thanks to Margie for the WT.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 05:17 AM

Jackie, can you back out of the puzzle and then try again?

I remember just having to click each lever once and voila, the door opened. confused

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 07:00 AM

After you get the eyes in place hold your mouse button down and pull the handle down when all four are done the door will open.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 08:24 AM

Thanks AZhot, will try later.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 03:14 PM

It's not really a puzzle widget. Just putting the fake eyes in the slots will trigger the levers. The levers "adjust" the irises in the fake eyes which will bring the photo of an eye into focus in the center area to unlock the door. Hope you don't have a glitch!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 07:45 PM

Oh I am stuck again,
gave up the Domino Puzzle, now I am back at Victors Cottage, upstairs,now have to clean the square frame above his bed, to get the sculls.
but I have no 'damp cloth' in my inventory,
where can I get one????
thank you

OK, had to go right back to the house in the kitchen, got one, nearly at the end, I love this game.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 08:34 PM

The damp cloth was in the kitchen when you find the hidden objects there.
Posted By: jachern

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 09:52 PM

Many thanks to Looney, MysteryFantic and Scarlett. I was not holding the mouse down. I was just clicking on the levers. I now have an eye and a door open. Okay, now I can get into the kitchen. (Sorry about the time to get back to you, but real life sometimes interrupts!)

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/05/08 11:15 PM

yay Jackie

Now go have fun! wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/06/08 08:48 AM

Thanks MysteryFantic, got it, am on my way again.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 06:15 PM

Me, again. Having phone problems. cry Can't find the one with all the bugs. Can't get a dial tone on the one in the toy store. help please...? hearts

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 06:34 PM

I can't get a dial tone either. I keep going back to it, but no luck.Also can't whack the trolls and it won' let me skip.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 06:40 PM

You must go where the box for phone and bugs are in the basement where teddy bear is hanging. It is in the right corner and you must have the bug spray before you can open the box. Once you kill the bugs then you have a puzzle to turn phone on. Use Mags walkthrough for solution if you can't figure it out.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 06:55 PM

Found the phone with the bugs. Sprayed. Did the puzzle. thumbsup Still no dial tone on the other one. hardwall

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 07:08 PM

Don't know how but I got the dial tone.Thank you.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 07:11 PM

Pull receive down on left on phone and then dial number you will hear a click and the door opens.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 07:26 PM

Good for you!! I finally got the screwdriver yay but no amount of pulling on the left thingy gives me a dialtone. Also, I thought I had the machine belt -- but don't. And can't remember where I picked it up. Have gone over wt three times from the beginning. Can't find where I got it. cry

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 09:05 PM

You need to put a fuse iin the fuse box I thought in order to get the phone to work.

The machine belt is in the box on the porch.

ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 10:50 PM

The machine belt is found at the begining in the trunk front porch. The dial tone is for a second then dial the number you got from the girls room in the closet just dial and the door will open. Fuse is needed for lighting up the school room.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/06/08 11:50 PM

Thanks, everybody, for machine belt! All I get when I click on the phone hook (on left) is: There is no dial tone. I did the fuse. And the screw driver (which I now have) was the only thing not collected to this point.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/07/08 12:03 AM

The screw driver will be pick up by the male statue in the garden sometimes you have to go to other places but, the statue should sparkle.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/07/08 12:04 AM

Did you get rid of the bugs in the basement with insect repellent. I think they are crawling around on some kind of juction box connected to the phone, and then you need do some connection thing to that box before you get a dial tone upstairs.

It's down where the teddybear is I believe, over to the right in the back.

I think you may have a ways to go before using the phone. I think the bug repellent is in the gingerbread house.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/07/08 05:18 PM

Found the bug repellent. Got rid of the bugs. Got a dial Tone! Yay!! Thanks, guys!! Great game. Really great game! At least a 15 on a scale of 1-10!! WooHooo!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/07/08 05:51 PM

yay bkrytr

Glad you can go on now wave
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/07/08 07:52 PM

I hope I'm not stepping on toes or being rude but I thought you all would like to know that Casual Game Guides has also released a complete walkthrough for this game. You can find it here. Return to Ravenhearst Walkthrough

PS
Videos of some of the harder puzzles will be added shortly I'm told.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/07/08 07:58 PM

thanks Patricia

We love guides. The more the merrier happydance
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/07/08 08:42 PM

Did a search of this thread but couldn't find a reference to the use of the ladder at the end of the game. Very interesting.
One thing I missed accidentally was using the telescope at Victors. Would someone post what is to be seen? Thanks, would save me from going back and replaying the game which I'm not ready to do at this time.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/07/08 10:28 PM

How did you escape the upstairs room Victor locked you in without the ladder? I used the ladder near the beginning of the game to get either a fake eye or a marble from the birds nest over the front porch. (I don't remember which, but it was probably the eye.) The ladder stays in place because you need it later when you break the window with the axe.

I don't remember what was in the telescope, but I'm guessing it was one of the four sets of numbers you need for the final door puzzle.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/07/08 11:23 PM

The telescope showed you #'s on the buoy I believe it was.

And as Scarlet stated, I am sure you used the ladder.

ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 01:11 AM

I did all that but at the end the ladder up to the birds nest on Charles house was "highlighted" again and when I climbed I found myself in Victors house.

In one of the rooms of Victors house was a stand to put a telescope on which I had in inventory, but was to afraid to return to Victors house to use it so finished the heart puzzle and was then taken to the end of story without being able to use the final inventory telescope piece.

Honest, I'm trying to make sense or am I just to confused.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 01:19 AM

Oh! That telescope! I was thinking the one in the underground water place.

You get to see the weathervane. I don't remember what to do with it though. I went to load the game and post the picture for you but apparently it started a new game so I cannot look in the journal anymore. Sorry.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 01:39 AM

The weathervane has numbers needed for the suit puzzle of the skull elevator.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 01:50 AM

Thanks MaG, Ana; that's one of the puzzles I skipped. I remember looking, cringing, then clicking "skip puzzle".

Maybe someone that's playing will note the ladder (in front of the boarded up doors that goes up to the birds nest) that can be used again?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 02:26 AM

Trippy,

Are you asking what the ladder by the front door is for?
That is just outside the projector room where you escaped by removing the boards off the window.
That is also the way back there if you forgot something or to check.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 03:55 AM

Sounds like the same one MaG. It just appeared to me to be the ladder used to climb to the birds nest so was confused when I had returned to Charles house, climbed the ladder again and found myself what I thought was back at Victors house.

Thanks much

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 04:57 AM

I check out casual game guide and found you can not enlarge photo's also it sends you to another site but not to Ravenhurst. Nice touch but, I will stick with Mags walkthroughs.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 01:07 PM

MysteryFantic, Margie and MaG are two different people. Margie did the walkthrough for Ravenhearst. wink

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 03:38 PM

Sorry I got my M's mixed up I just like the way Margie did the walkthrough she was great on Ravenhearst 2. That what happens when you get old things tend to run together.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 03:46 PM

lol No problem, they both write incredible walkthroughs jiffy quick.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 09:12 PM

Am at the end, but what I want to know is can you go back to some of the puzzles when you have finished the game??
I still have not done the Domino one, and if I skip the final puzzle, telephone dial, can I go back to try again??

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 09:35 PM

I don't think so widget, once it's skipped, you can no longer access it.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 09:50 PM

Thanks, that is annoying, so near the end and such a difficult puzzle, will try my very best to do this phone dial puzzle.
thanks

any tips would help.
Posted By: Mystery fan

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/08/08 11:02 PM

Hi, I'm stuck! I did the gargoles puzzles, opened the coffin and nothing happened!! No ghosts of the twins and nothing is glittering anywhere. Can you help me?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 12:10 AM

wisdget, I just did the phone dial one at a time. I just started with one and then moved two next to it, and then brought 3 around (you may need to temporarily mess one up ut they fall right back together as you keep going around.

MysteryFan, welcome to GameBoomers. Have you been able to view any other cutscenes? Maybe you are missing something to play the videos? I haven't heard anyone have the problem.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Mystery fan
Hi, I'm stuck! I did the gargoles puzzles, opened the coffin and nothing happened!! No ghosts of the twins and nothing is glittering anywhere. Can you help me?

That's actually a well known glitch in the game, many people have reported having that problem, even though I have not seen a fix for it yet.

Hey Ana and L4L, Nice to see you guys! Have a Good Day wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 04:49 PM

Hands up, who has done the last telephone puzzle,
and how long did it take you?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 04:51 PM

Took me one failure and the second time 5 minutes.
Posted By: Hatter_grim

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 11:23 PM

Whats the code for the fuse box in the toy shop?

How do i get the old telephone started?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/09/08 11:43 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Hatter, have you checked the walkthrough Margies walkthrough? I believe the codes are random. All the answers can also be found in thos thread.

I combined your posts, please use the edit button if no one has posted after you instead of posting twice.

Ana wave

Posted By: Disney

MFC RETURN TO RAVENHEARST - 12/10/08 01:34 AM

Hi, I'm stuck can't remember the phone # to dial on the phone so the door opens for me. Can you help me please. Thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/10/08 01:53 AM

Disney, please do not type in all caps, it means shouting in internet language and I'm sure you don't mean to shout.

The phone #s are random so you will need to check back in the area that you found it. It may quite possibly be in your journal as well, I am not sure.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/10/08 02:55 AM

Fuse box code was in the register when you get the draw to open 5392 was in mine. So you will have to complete register to make sure it is the right number another part is needed to be taken from there too. Telephone number was found in the closet in the twins bedroom where you need the door knob to open it, you will see a poster pull it down and copy number.And you have to complete the telephone box puzzle in the basement to the right of hanging Teddy Bear, you also must have the bug spray to kill the roaches to get into the box.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/12/08 09:01 PM

I have gone through this thread and not found an answer to my current problem so .... I am trying to figure out the telephone puzzle in the toy store. Nothing is happening...I did cheat and looked at the WT and there are supposed to be BUGS running all over the place. I do not see any...must I begin again? I think I did look at this phone earlier and there were bugs then but not now. I do have bug spray if I could find them...Thanks for any help! :wave12:

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/12/08 09:13 PM

Lotus, that is not the phone with the bugs. The phone with the bugs is in the basement.

Are you in the fuse box?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/12/08 10:15 PM

I'll go check the basement. I did the fuse already but this is a phone and it is in the toy store...I think. I will look some more and let you know, thank you.

EDIT: Thanks so much, I found the right phone. What a great game this is!! The artist is incredible and imagination has run amok in a most creative way. I am loving it!!! :bravo12:

Lotus

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/13/08 11:18 PM

Thanks for your welcome, Ana. I've checked and rechecked. Nothing. I even started a new game with a new name and the same thing happened. Then I uninstalled the program and downloaded again, but it seems it's the same. At least the players are the same.
Can you suggest anything else?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/14/08 01:50 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Mystery Fan. I would suggest you contact Big Fish and let their support know. Perhaps if enough people let them know it's an issue, they will patch it.

Ana luck

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/14/08 02:04 AM

Well, I am stuck again...amazing I made it so far on my own! I need a rope to go down in the well and do not have it. Can you tell me how I missed it and if I can still get it? As far as I know I have found all the hidden objects in each sparkley area.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/14/08 02:15 AM

Lotus, you will get the rope in the gingerbread house after you fix some wires. Thre will be a sparkly there when it is time.

Many things are "needed" but you will not get them till you do other things. Revisit areas to see if you may have puzzle to complete to carry on.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/14/08 02:51 AM

Thank you Ana, just wasn't sure if I can retrace in this awesome and quirky game.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/14/08 02:57 AM

You will revisit the same rooms many times and find new things to get. No worries on missing anything, the items you need are generally found in the hidden object portions and they will automatically be entered in your inventory. Enjoy! It is a splendid game.

Ana wave
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 08:37 PM

I am sooo stuck even though I'm following Margie's walkthru. I am in the gingerbread house and have finished all the items. I found the phone #. When i go back to the Toy Store to use the phone, there are no bugs for me to spray. The phone doesn't have a dial tone. What am I doing wrong?
Kim

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 09:30 PM

The phone with the bugs is in a basement, not there. You will come across more puzzles and HOG segments that will unlock things as you go along. Just keep going to all the locations numerous times and do what needs to be done and eventually you will have everything you need.

Ana wave
Posted By: Iva

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 09:36 PM

Hey exalthim2,
The bugs are not on the phone. You should search for a sort of box, which is to the left either in one of the rooms in toy store, the one with teddy bear in it, or to the right of school building where the sharpening contraption is or in the gingerbread house. I can't clearly remember where it is. Try these locations or wait till someone with a better memory helps you.
You'll get the dial tone after you get rid of bugs and solve the puzzle there.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 09:37 PM

Thanks Ana. I've been at the wrong phone for 2days oops
Kim

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 09:38 PM

sorry for being late

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 10:31 PM

Ok I solved the phone puzzle. I went to the phone in the toy store and I get a dial tone but when I dial the 727 5351# I get a busy signal. I went back to every location and no sparkly areas showed up and kept going back to the phone but get a busy signal everytime

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 10:38 PM

The real phone number is on the back of the poster that covers the hole in the wall in the children's bedroom closet. Once you find the doorknob, you can retrieve the phone number.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 10:41 PM

I got the doorknob and found the poster that covered the hole. There's a # on the poster that is not the 727# but I tried that # and I still get a busy signal.
Posted By: ghensley

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 10:46 PM

How many times do I have to play the Wack A Troll and loose before I can skip? I cannot get the points and it is driving me crazy.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 10:58 PM

welcome to GameBoomers ghensley.

You should be able to skip anytime I thought. duh
Are you avoiding the red ones?

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 11:07 PM

i am trying to avoid them sometimes i hit them on accident. i have skipped several other mini games with no problem. could it be i did it to many times?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 11:12 PM

I didn't skip any games, but I thought it always said I could right away. Did you try backing away and going back to it?

Ana wave
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 11:49 PM

You can't use the skip a puzzle until the hints timer has no red on it. That may be the problem.
Kay

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/14/08 11:50 PM

Thanks Kay!

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/15/08 12:18 AM

I made it!! I finally tried uninstalling from my account in bigfish and downloading it again. It worked!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/15/08 12:20 AM

yay :happydance12: :wave12:

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/15/08 12:22 AM

WAy to go Mystery fan! yay

Ana wave
Posted By: Darlene

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/15/08 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ghensley
How many times do I have to play the Wack A Troll and loose before I can skip? I cannot get the points and it is driving me crazy.

wave I'm with you on this one! Driving me nuts! crazy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/15/08 05:09 PM

My hint monitor is ok but it still not showing a skip option.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/15/08 05:36 PM

Use the phone number from the little girls room where you had to find the closet door knob, when you open the closet there is a poster in front of you pull it down and use that telephone number and you will hear a click and another door is opened.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/15/08 09:11 PM

Are you clicking the receiver to get a dial tone before you dial the number?

mcf: return to ravenhearst - 12/16/08 02:20 AM

hi, I'm having trouble using the phone to open the door. help

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 02:33 AM

Have you used the phone and the door didn't open? Did you find the correct phone #?

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 02:38 AM

don't know if i have the correct phone #, can you give it to me. thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 02:40 AM

They are random. Your phone # can be found on the back of a poster. If you don't have that one yet, look up a few posts and the answer on where to find it is there.

Ana luck

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 02:47 AM

That really messed me up for awhile. I kept trying to use the phone # in the walkthrough until I went back and looked at the poster and saw a different #. It seems this isn't the only random thing in the game. There are several others as well but it's a great game.
Kim

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 04:24 AM

thanks for all your help, i'm at the well & released the pail, droped the rope but how do i get up the well. thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/16/08 04:40 AM

You go back out, then up and exit the house and walk down the path to the well.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/16/08 07:48 AM

where do i get the funnel from i must i've missed it somehow. thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/16/08 01:38 PM

This is from Margie's walkthrough:

From the main scene of the toy store and the schoolhouse (OUTSIDE), click on the horse that is on the right side.
Pick up the funnel that is on the top left side of the scene, it's a bit off the page.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/16/08 05:08 PM

That rope in the well had me so confused for the longest time. By accident in my wandering around I went back to the main gate and decided to try the well again. Surprise - I found the knife I'd been searching for. This game is definitely intended for the player to wander endlessly.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/17/08 02:33 AM

I'm almost at the end, i have to put the hearts on the door buti'm missing 2 hearts. i've checked everywhere and can't find them. please help!!!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/17/08 02:40 AM

Disney, the hearts are random. Where I found mine may not be where you found yours. Margie has the hearts shown in her walkthrough (link is on the first post of this thread) and that may help you. They are not always as flashy as the description leads you to believe. Keep your eye out for some duller looking hearts.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/17/08 04:12 AM

:christmas: hi, just wanted to thank everyone that helped me with game. just finished it and it was great. now i wish i hadn't done it so quickly. merry christmas to all. thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/17/08 02:48 PM

Take a break and replay it, Disney. It's almost as good the second time around.
Posted By: marie

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/21/08 10:49 PM

Thank you Margie for the walkthrough, what a lifesaver! :praise12:

Wishing all you great boomers a very :christmas:

Marie :wave12: :yay12:
Posted By: pbauer0246

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/22/08 04:07 PM

I am having trouble with Whack a Mole as well. I did the skip, but did not receive the 'old coin' needed for the telescope.

How did you make out?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/22/08 08:28 PM

welcome to GB pbauer0246

I think you have to whack them, if you want to get a coin, avoid the red ones, you'll lose points if you hit them too.
I tried several times till I managed. smashpc

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/22/08 08:36 PM

You can get the coin even if you skip puzzle on the right side of game you will see the coin in the mouth of the clown like figure.
Posted By: smach1985

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 09:55 PM

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

i am so stuck i can't get past the little skelliton thing on the gate. I have found the diagrame in the kitchen and i have put the arms and legs in the right place but it wont open how do i get it to open?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 10:18 PM

welcome to Gameboomers smach1985! I had troubles too till I adjusted the arms a bit. Try moving them a bit off from the picture and it should work.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 10:45 PM

i keep trying but can't get it to work i have even re started the game. do you have a screen shot of how it should look please. thank you

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 10:50 PM

Here is the Screenshot from Margies walkthrough.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 10:54 PM

YEY it worked thank you sooooo much i love these games and it wad making me go mad not being able to play it.

thanx again you r a star

Sarah wink

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 12/27/08 10:55 PM

Glad you got it! Have fun on the rest, it is an excellent game!

Ana wave
Posted By: mineminemine

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 01:20 AM

I'm playing this through a second time and I skipped the final puzzle the first time around, but I'm determinted to get it now, but I'm STUMPED. How are you supposed to get the numbers to get in the right order. Is there a trick, or am I just being dense?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 01:38 AM

I just started at one and kept on going. You will have to mess some up in order to continue but it all works out. It took awhile, but very rewarding when done. luck
Posted By: misslilo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 01:40 AM

No you're not, lol.
I just clicked around and got lucky laugh
Posted By: mineminemine

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 10:21 AM

ok, one more question, i read in one walkthrough i found that you switch 3 numbers at a time, but i've only been able to do two, is there a way to switch 3 at a time?
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 11:04 PM

The WT says there is a PDF map attached at the end of the WT.
I can't find it. headscratch

Thanks

RAL :wave12:

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/28/08 11:14 PM

Third paragraph has the map on the walkthrough page: PDF Map

Ana wave
Posted By: redwingstogo

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/29/08 09:29 PM

At end of game and I cant fine the eighth heart Help!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst - Now on BigFish - Discussion only Thread - 12/30/08 12:16 AM

Well, I am trying to do the mini game at the bottom of the well--it has figures moving across the top holding symbols and figures on the side with symbols.

Am I supposed to match the symbols going across, or the symbols on the side, or both?????

Edit: Nevermind, as soon as I posted, I got it puppy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 12/30/08 01:11 AM

welcome to GameBoomers redwingstogo!

There is a walkthrough Here with the locations marked.
They may be random though, I am not sure.

Ana luck
Posted By: MsKotzRN

Puzzle help - 12/31/08 08:29 PM

I am new to the website but found the thread incredibly useful. One question I still have after beating the game a few times: The coffin puzzle. I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Does anyone know a secret or something I'm doing? Please help!

Re: Puzzle help - 12/31/08 08:40 PM

welcome to GameBoomers MsKatz. I moved your post from the discussion thread to the Help thread. Did you see the walkthrough link in the first post? Let me know if you still have troubles after looking at the walkthrough.

Ana wave

Re: Puzzle help - 01/01/09 06:02 PM

I'm going to start playing this game later this afternoon.
Are the saved games saved on my hard drive or are they saved on the Bigfish server? If they're kept on the server can I make a backup copy?

Thanks

RAL :wave12:

Re: Puzzle help - 01/01/09 06:06 PM

The saves are in your computer.
Backup copy - on some Casual games I uninstalled, they are still there when I reinstalled. I think you can make backups of them.
For the long adventure games - they are same as the usual installing that you have done.

Re: Puzzle help - 01/01/09 06:15 PM

Thanks for moving me Ana. I did look through the walkthrough (I wouldn't have made it without it!) but there is nothing specific. Is there something I'm missing?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/01/09 09:59 PM

Are you referring to the puzzles that make the coffin appear Here on this GameZebo screenshot?

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 12:18 AM

wave Hey, all!

Whew! Got past the terrible trolls and now I'm really into the story. Got the last typewriter key and was able to open the third door!

This game is massive and I'm lovin' it!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 01:02 AM

It is fun isn't it Darlene. I am a bit ahead of you. I worked for over an hour on one puzzle and was really tempted to skip it, but just kept at it, and boy was that a great feeling when it finally was solved wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 08:31 PM

wave Hey, L4L! I think I know the puzzle you're talking about... hardwall wink

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 08:54 PM

So you found the peacock????

I found that much harder than the trolls, though it took me quite a few tries to beat them lol

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 09:39 PM

wave Ooops! Maybe wrong puzzle. I became frustrated with the puzzle about how the 'birds fly...'?

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 10:43 PM

Sorry Ana, I think it's the one way before that, the one that sets Rose's spirit free. You slide 4 colored blocks onto corresponding squares. It gives me the fits. smile

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/04/09 11:32 PM

I think I remember the one! It's like the warehouse games where
you move boxes if I recall. I can show you the moves if you post a screenshot. The directions are Here. YOu can email me the screenshot also and I can do it that way.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/06/09 05:07 PM

Wow! I finished the game last night! Loved the last puzzle--well really loved all the puzzles (with the exception of the trolls which I would have loved and replayed if hits on the body counted or the timer was more generous).

bravo bravo bravo again to BFG! puppy

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 04:55 AM

At the start of the game.
3 questions.
Where are the saved games kept on my hard drive - need to start over again and I want to delete the first save that was probably automatic.
How can I exit the game? I don't see a Stop/Exit option like you normally see in games.
I had to use Ctrl, Alt, Del to end the game.
I found a lot of the objects at the start but none of them appear in my inventory.

Get the feeling that this is going to be a challenging game.

Thanks

RAL wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 05:06 AM

RAL, I don't know where the saved games are, but you can start with a new name if you want to.

Are you sure you need to start over?

To exit, click on the Menu button under the CaseFile book on the lower left of the screen.

A window with some options opens in the middle of the screen.

Click on the Menu button of the lower left of that screen.

That takes you to the Start Screen.

The "Exit" button is near the middle of the bottom of that screen.

Click on Exit and you will get the "are you sure". Click "yes" and you are there.

Most of the objects will not appear in your inventory. But the ones that you need will go into it. Some you will pick up and others you will get at after you have found all the hidden objects in particular screens.

It's a lot of fun! luck

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 05:22 AM

Thanks L4L

Will probably be back 24 hours from now and many times after that lol

RAL wave sleep

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 05:53 AM

wave Finished the game tonight! Massive game, loved it!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 02:09 PM

Good morning

Reason I would like to know where the saved games are is in case I get stuck and have to backtrack. The only way I could do this I think is to delete the current save and go back to a previous save.

Thanks

RAL wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/09/09 04:24 PM

RAL, You shouldn't get stuck in this game. There are no dead ends that I found.

You will visit the same area more than once, and some items won't be available in that area until certain points, but basically you shouldn't have be stuck long. puppy

Being a casual game, I think it only has the one save (but I could be wrong). wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 01/10/09 01:15 AM

Thanks L4L

I want to thank Margie for all the hard work she put into her WT.
bravo
Without it I would have given up at the start lol

RAL wave
Posted By: ElaineP

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/08/09 08:53 PM

I am having trouble finding one item in the Beauty Parlor. I cannot find the screw..Can you help me?
Thanks

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/08/09 09:47 PM

Elaine, can you post a screenshot (directions stickied on the top of the forum) and we can help you look.

welcome to Gameboomers!

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/09/09 01:43 PM

Sorry, I am computer challenged. Don't understand where to look for adding screen shot.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/09/09 01:48 PM

Elaine, the thread that is stickied on the top of the Casual forum Here has the directions.

Ana wave

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/09/09 02:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I can do it now, but I did all of a sudden find the screw..thanks for all your help...I am sure I will be back for more.
Elaine

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/09/09 02:32 PM

bravo Glad you found it!

Ana wave
Posted By: Kathy Walker

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/28/09 01:42 PM

I have tried for several day to get the lights all on for the phone but can't can someone help with how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 03/28/09 02:26 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Kathy! There is a photo in Margies walkthrough here on GameZebo.
Ana wave
Posted By: Kathy Walker

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - 04/08/09 09:05 PM

Thank You sooooo much.
Posted By: Debony

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 05/10/09 01:15 PM

Hi can anyone help me, I know where to get the screwdriver but anytime I go back to the garden a 2nd time, I don't see the male statue sparkling. I need help PLEASE!!!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 05/10/09 01:33 PM

welcome Debony,

Until those gamers that have a better memory can help us, try doing something else - use the screwdriver to get the trolley going. This game is non-linear and that might help.
Posted By: Debony

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 05/10/09 02:03 PM

That's the problem I'm having MAG, I can't get the screwdriver which makes me really stuck in the game.

Another question I have, what do I do with the well at the beginning of the game, the one with the stuck rope? Thanks.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 05/10/09 02:14 PM

Debony,

I did not follow a walkthrough when I played the game. I would do a puzzle and look around what else opened or see what I've triggered. It flowed and I do not expect something to happen - it just happens.
Try that and you will not be frustrated.
Look around and see what other puzzles or places are active.
Do them and enjoy the game.

Refer to the walkthrough when you are stuck in a solution.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added - 05/10/09 02:32 PM

Debony, I had that problem too. I just went off and solved other puzzles and totally explored everything and eventually, it was there.

I kept wanting to do something with that well, and you will eventually, but it will be obvious, so don't worry about it for now.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community