GB HOMEPAGE

Favourite BFG games

Posted By: greydag

Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 02:54 AM

I was on BFGuy's Ravenhearst page and there were a lot of people who loved it, myself included! It's probably my favourite BFG game of all time.

So, I wondered: What are people's favourite casual games, and why? Are you a MCF fan, or more of a Treasure Seeker? Are puzzles your thing? or do you into dashing and hustling?

What's your favourite causal game, from any site ... do tell ... maybe this will let people discover games they haven't heard of before?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 03:18 AM

I loved all the MCF games, The first Azada, Mortimer Beckitt, Dream Chronicles, Persian Carpet.....oh boy, I could go on a long time! lol
Posted By: widget

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 09:11 AM

Azada, Ravenhurst are my best, also Dream Chronicles, Alabama Smith, oh and lots more --------
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 11:13 AM

I got the first few Jewel Quest games from Big Fish, I love those games, sadly they don't seem to be able to get the latest 2 ( hint if BFG Guy is reading this )
All the MCF games & Dream Chronicles games are wonderful and I loved Azada too.
Posted By: DoreenS

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 03:59 PM

Ravenhearst 2, Azada 2, Magic Encyclopedia and Samantha Swift are my favorites. Graphics, story and the difficulty level all count. The presence or absence of a timer is also important, can't abide to see the time going down.
Waiting for similar games to come along. smile
Posted By: chelyha

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 05:04 PM

Well, I'm on a Mac, so my choices are limited, but I think the one I've played the most is Madame Fate, because it's a long game. I'm really into the hidden object games. My favorite of all the HO games so far is James Patterson's Women's Murder Club, because the graphics are stunning. So beautiful and life-like. I'm hoping that the people who created that game will do more. I like the book theme too. I'm looking forward to Return to Ravenhearst once it's ready for Mac. I finished the first Ravenhearst recently and I really liked that game. The sound effects were great.

Cheryl
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 05:11 PM

I like a lot of BFG games, but my favorites are the MCF, with RTR now topping the list. Could have done with less puzzles and more hidden objects, tho.
Posted By: jody319

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 05:31 PM

I love so many, and just today have started another MCF - Prime Suspects from y'alls recommendation...but one thing from this game that I am laughing at, what we may notice looking for the HO's. At the news stand, there are two magazines with President-Elect Obama on them. I love little things like this that you find in the MCF's. I do like MCF's, loved Madame Fate after playing Ravenhearst 1 and 2, Aveda 1 and 2, Agatha Christie's (love all her novels so these are interesting on several fronts), Mata Hari, oh the list goes on. And woo, I've only been doing BigFish since October and I've played over 25 games...been led astray so many times. rotfl
Jody (addicted to gaming) pacify
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 05:36 PM

Definitely Dream Chronicles 1 & 2. They got me started on the BigFish site and the money pit that keeps eating up my cash. :lol12:

Next favorite would be Hidden Expedition Amazon.

I'm definitely an AHOG or IHOG person. :grin12:

Forgot to mention Mortimer Becket: The Time Paradox. Loved it, got hubby playing it too, which is a miracle as he is NOT into games.
Posted By: Iva

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 07:47 PM

Azada, Ravenhearst and Mortimer Beckett.
Definitely my favorite. :bravo12:
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 07:54 PM

Oh, I had forgotten Amazon and Everest, we can add those to my list too.
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 08:27 PM

All the MCF games, Dream Chronicles 1 & 2, Azada 1 & 2, Hidden expedition Amazon.

WW
Posted By: smihly

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 09:56 PM

Dream chronicles is cool.

MCF gets better and better.

Has anyone played Casebook? That was pretty cool, but then it was off the site. I think it's back now. Has anyone played it?

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: smihly
Dream chronicles is cool.

MCF gets better and better.

Has anyone played Casebook? That was pretty cool, but then it was off the site. I think it's back now. Has anyone played it?

It is back on the site, and I downloaded it a few days ago. Must admit, was impressed. It's like an episode of CSI or Bones. I've never seen games like that.

Are there any others or is Casebook the only one? (though I saw the trailer for the next one, which looks great!)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 10:05 PM

greydag, Casebook is discussed in the Adventure forum since it falls under the "Large File Adventures and not Casual games.

Ana wave

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/12/08 11:10 PM

Oops! Sorry Ana - will shift it there if anyone wants to talk about Casebook.

In the meantime - I'm going to throw in my two cents for Treasure Hunters!
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/13/08 12:41 AM

Definitely MCF games... but I also like Treasure Seekers, Samantha Swift and Neptune's Secret. If we are counting games not found on Big Fish like Mortimer BEckett, than I'll add Mystery of the Crystal Portal.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Favourite BFG games - 12/14/08 11:43 AM

Dream Chronicles 1&2 and Ravenhurst 2. I love puzzle games and there are many I've enjoyed but these were my favorite. :smile12:
© 2024 GameBoomers Community