GB HOMEPAGE

Robin Games

Posted By: sarahandus

Robin Games - 01/03/09 02:24 PM

Has anyone used this site? I couldn't find any privacy policy, or any other information as far as that goes.

They have a couple of games I'd like to have that, so far, are not available anywhere else. I will not use Big Fish, iWin or Refexarcade.(?)
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Robin Games - 01/03/09 02:40 PM

I have never heard of them sarahandus. I did a google search and only saw links for Batman and Robin stuff so I can't help you. Maybe if you left a link so someone can check it out?

Out of curiosity, how come you won't use Bigfish?
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Robin Games - 01/03/09 02:49 PM

This is the site I found http://www.robingames.com/games/ but has an unsatisfactory rating.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Robin Games - 01/03/09 02:49 PM

Sara,

Can you give us a link to this site.

Thanks, Trippy.

Sara, Maybe you can find the games you want on another site. Best be safe than sorry.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Robin Games - 01/03/09 05:09 PM

How about using Spintop as an alternative?

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Robin Games - 01/03/09 06:16 PM

Sarah, what games are you looking for that other sites don't have?

Re: Robin Games - 01/04/09 01:54 PM

Ana, I do use Spintop, but they don't have the games.

3dobermans, how did you find out they have a poor rating? I'll give them one for sure.

Mag, 3dogemans' link is the one.

I'm looking for Hidden World of Art and a cheap version of Mystery of the Unicorn Castle. (It was OK)

I did download the Hidden World of Art, and after scanning with the virus program, installed it. Liked the game, but when I uninstalled it, it tried to call home. Just to uninstall it wants to call home! So then I cleaned everything related to it off this pc, including the registry.

I downloaded the unicorn castle from PlayFirst. But now they are pushing to install google toolbar, don't like that.

jdcat, I don't like sites that insist I use their download manager or insist on loading other software I don't want or need.

I apologize if this comes across as snippy or offending, I certainly don't mean it that way.

Re: Robin Games - 01/04/09 04:51 PM

Sara, I don't mind the BigFish game manager. If one has dial-up it is really beneficial if at some point you need to resume the download.
It's happened to me many times; either getting disconnected or just needing to temporarily stop the download and knowing I could resume later.
Neither are you directed back to their site or pushed to download another toolbar.

Also I use the Firefox browser and it seems to have the WOT(Web of Trust icon in the toolbar that rates each site I go to.

Didn't view you as being snippy; just "an enquiring mind wants to know".

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Re: Robin Games - 01/05/09 01:34 PM

3dogermans, I use Get Right download manager, it has the resume feature, a necessity for us with dialup.

Is that WOT a separate addon? At least I haven't noticed it. Sounds like a great idea.

All the smart ones use FireFox wink

Re: Robin Games - 01/05/09 05:46 PM

Sara, if you go to Firefox add-ons then all recommended add-ons and about half way down the page is WOT.
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: Robin Games - 01/06/09 12:52 AM

I love Firefox! I will look for WOT

But I also love BFG and don't find their game manager offensive. I am very fussy about cookies and script being added, and BF is the only place I trust. Have had trouble getting rid of additional stuff from Spintop, and several other game sites, so I don't use them at all.

Good luck and have fun! luck

HorseDancer

Re: Robin Games - 01/06/09 02:53 PM

Thanks for the tip on WOT, found it and installed it.

HorseDancer, that's why there are so many game sites, everyone has their own PC with it's own quirks. Just noticed we are almost neighbors.
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: Robin Games - 01/06/09 05:54 PM

You are right! I checked out WOT, and they wanted too many cookies and too much information for me!

Guess I am getting to be paranoid! smirk

Happy Gaming!

HorseDancer

Re: Robin Games - 01/06/09 06:15 PM

HorseDancer, it's been awhile but I don't recall giving any info.
I feel the info I get regarding the safety/legality of sites is worth the cookies, but haven't noticed that many.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Robin Games - 01/07/09 12:14 AM

So does anyone know a trustworthy site that sells "Hidden World of Art?"

Re: Robin Games - 01/07/09 12:26 AM

Jenny, this site came up with a good rating. The highest rating for a site is excellent. All others on the search page showed dangerous downloads in red. Hidden Art

Re: Robin Games - 01/07/09 03:24 PM

WOT did ask for a lot of information, which gave me pause. However most of it is available to anyone who can search the internet anyway. Their privacy policy sounded ok. I did baulk at the automatic login though, that sounded risky.

Re: Robin Games - 01/07/09 05:04 PM

That's interesting. I did none of that Sara.
In my case, Firefox presented a pop-up with the option of downloading WOT, which I did after I read about it, then asked if I wanted to register, which I declined. The program seems to be working well without registering which I seldom do anyway with anything.
Maybe un-install and re-install and decline the registration?

Re: Robin Games - 01/08/09 02:37 PM

My mistake, or rather my senior moment, forgot about the registration. After re-reading the "advantages" of registration, I think I will follow your suggestion, I don't as a rule register either.

Thanks,
© 2024 GameBoomers Community