GB HOMEPAGE

Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award.

Posted By: Keith Nemitz

Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 07:50 AM

Something amazing to share...

On Monday, I (main writing credit) and Adrianne Ambrose (additional writing credit) were astounded to receive a WGA nomination for Best Writing in a Videogame, for 'Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!' (Soon to be sold on Big Fish Games)

Each year, the Writers Guild of America recognizes great writing in the entertainment industry. Their nascent award for videogames allows writers from a new craft to be recognized alongside established media professionals, such as this year's nominees, including Tina Fey, Woody Alan, Bill Maher, and the Cohen brothers.

Adrianne and I face competition from 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed' by Lucasarts, 'Fallout 3' by Bethesda Softworks, 'Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3' by EA Games, and 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' by Eidos Interactive. What sets us apart from the competition is that Mousechief is a one-person company plus a few part-time contractors. Can two obscure writers, working for scant pay other than freedom, withstand the financial and P.R. might of game industry giants?

The WGA awards will be held on February 7th, 2008 simultaneously in Los Angeles and New York. Mousechief, Co. will be in L.A., hoping for an award and the chance of being recognized by the mainstream entertainment industry.

With this nomination, the Writer's Guild of America has provided opportunity for independent game developers to pursue a wider audience. Our nomination will encourage other indies to break out of the core gamer sub-culture, with products for mainstream players who might relish novel games.

We humbly thanks the WGA for their nomination and the fresh hope they offer for all indie game developers striving to realize their dreams.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!' has been garnering awards for a while:

Oct 2007 - Awarded Most Innovative Game by the Casual Game Association.
Jul 2008 - Gold Award for #1 game of the month, by GameTunnel.com.
Oct 2008 - Finalist in the IndieCade international games festival.
Dec 2008 - Adventure G.O.T.Y., Innovation G.O.T.Y., and #4 G.O.T.Y, by GameTunnel.com.
Dec 2008 - Two honorable mentions in Gamezebo.com's year-end wrap-up.

DHSGiT is an easily learned game of whimsically 'naughty' mini-games, literary satire, and adventurous role-playing. This is the game where good girls get better by being bad! Because you know, "Well-behaved women seldom make history."

It is not intended for children and has been rated TEEN using the T.I.G.R.S. rating system.

Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 10:01 AM

Congratulations to you Keith and Andrianne! thumbsup bravo
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 10:31 AM

Congratulations to you both bravo
Posted By: connie

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 10:56 AM

Congrats on the nomination, and the awards you have already won. bravo
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 11:34 AM

Wow! Can't wait to try the game. Congratulations and thank you and all game developers for helping to keep us entertained. Sequel?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 12:40 PM

Congratulations Keith and Adrianne! That is awesome!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 03:45 PM

Congratulations, and I'm glad to hear that Big Fish will be offering your game!

Here's a Gamezebo review of the game that I found:

GAMEZEBO REVIEW

I look forward to giving your game a whirl. wave
Posted By: misa

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 03:50 PM

Congrats Keith!

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 04:08 PM

Thanks!

It's been a strange three days from all the publicity.

hope you enjoy the game!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 05:13 PM

Congratulations and Best of Luck bravo
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/15/09 07:21 PM

That's fantastic!! I'm thrilled for you. Finger crossed. smile
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/16/09 03:24 AM

Congratulations to both of you! The game sounds delightful, and I'll await the download.
Posted By: ScarletDragon

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/16/09 07:14 PM

Keith and Adrianne:

Savor the unexpected nomination for this prestigious award. Sometimes the little guys get the recognition they deserve. I hope you win!

Re: Writers Guild of America nominates casual game for award. - 01/23/09 10:11 PM

We've definitely seen an uptick in downloads and purchases. Doesn't look like we'll be toasting with champagne, maybe a pint of Guinness.

cheers,
© 2024 GameBoomers Community