GB HOMEPAGE

3 Free Casual Games - Amazon

Posted By: PMcOuntry

3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 04:25 PM

I noticed today on Amazon there are 3 free games up for grabs, from 2/3 to 2/10 only.

Jewel Quest II
Build-A-Lot
The Scruffs

3 Free Games

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 04:31 PM

Thanks Patricia, what a great deal!

Ana wave
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 05:52 PM

Checked it out, but one has to open an account per a credit card?
Therefore no way to download a game.

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 06:11 PM

Bummer!

Amazon apprently bought Reflexive Arcade and all games (no club membership) will be 9.99 everyday. This may be a kickoff for that.

Ana wave
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 06:37 PM

They should say free trial download, and if it is mean't to be free they should not need you card details. I have an account and they still asked for my card details. Mine are stored on site anyway, whats that all about.

And it looks like we in the UK don't have the deal anyway. Just realised that it was .com not .co.uk. .....Only have to see the word 'Free' and we run with it....

So that is just a formality is it, asking for the card details?

I just did it and they want the US state, don't think I can put my sisters and cross my fingers, oh well....

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 06:39 PM

Johnnycowgirl, it's the full version for free, not a trial.

Amazon Games

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/04/09 07:01 PM

Be sure to read the agreement first though.

I found
Quote:
The Service Software may provide Amazon with information relating to the use and performance of the Service Software and information regarding your devices related to the Service Software, such as amounts of available disk space and internet connectivity. This information will, among other things, help us provide the Games and Software Service and deliver Applications to you more efficiently and effectively.

I'm not sure I care for that.

Posted By: sierramindy

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/05/09 08:30 PM

On the other hand, I do care for that. I'm an Amazon customer and I am glad to see they are being careful and not just downloading to any old computer.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/05/09 09:46 PM

Sierra, I'm an Amazon customer too, but I don't think they need to know info on my computer after I buy a game.

The Eula also states that you, the customer, is totally responsible to check the specs of your computer to those of the game's requirements and that they will not refund games if you download something that won't run on your computer (that's reasonable to me).

The part I quoted was talking about after the game is installed and running their download manager will send info to Amazon about my computer and my internet connection, which is the part I don't like.

But, to each their own and I'm certain that clause won't bother lots of folks wave
Posted By: fildil

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/05/09 10:34 PM

I'm just wondering, did anyone download one of the free games yet? I would like to get Scruffs since I have Jewel Quest 2 and don't do time management games. I've dealt with Amazon quite a lot and I do feel that they are a very reputable site.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/11/09 12:33 AM

What I didn't like was that it did something to my registry... as my Spybot told me it did... I know BFgames don't touch my registry. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: 3 Free Casual Games - Amazon - 02/11/09 12:42 AM

Just about any program you install on your computer including BF Games make changes to your registry.

Ana
© 2024 GameBoomers Community