GB HOMEPAGE

Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! Now on BigFish!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! Now on BigFish! - 02/17/09 03:07 PM

For those that can't wait till the worldwide release on March 10th, it will be available Here on MSN.com on February 24th ! The retail version will available on March 24th.

yay EDIT: Now on BigFish! You can download Here. yay

Quote:
Overview:
Tragedy strikes during a brisk morning jog. Cuts, bruises, blackened fingernails and an abundance of uncertainty become the key to exposing years of corruption, cover-up and conspiracy. With nothing more than a hunch, the famed heroines of San Francisco’s finest are on the scene in Women’s Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey.

Best-selling author James Patterson and award-winning game designer Jane Jensen, partner once again to bring mystery fans an intense and interactive casual games experience. Women’s Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey is second in this blockbuster series, following the original epic hit, Death in Scarlet. Promising to deliver another suspenseful and thrilling adventure, players will wrap themselves in a truly thrilling story filled with shocking discoveries.

Assist Women’s Murder Club by solving puzzles using logic, instinct fact and forensic evidence to find the killer and lead them to the truth.

Features:
• 2nd in the hugely successful Women’s Murder Club series.
• Written by best-selling author James Patterson and award-winning game designer Jane Jensen.
• 10 thrilling investigations creating a story of mystery, adventure and enigma.
• 25 Breathtaking locations creating an unbelievable interactive experience.

There are also jigsaw puzzles and other fun stuff to play for Womens Murder Club.

Ana wave

Posted By: gaily

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/17/09 04:03 PM

Hi Ana,
So...Did I read this right....If I buy the casual game released in Dec. I am also entitled to play this next release for that same price? Or, is this one a full adventure game? Or, neither?? Can you re-explain the deal for me? Thanks so much.
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/17/09 04:07 PM

I just went to MSN and its not ready yet but its early in the day. Will check back later....I am ready for the new game so will buy when its available. Thanks for the information.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/17/09 06:10 PM

Gaily, I have been trying to find where you are seeing that info and I have not been able to find it.

There was the first episide that was released in May of last year and that is available on MSN for a short time for 11.95. The new release, A Darker Shade of Gray will be 19.99 on MSN sometime today (still waiting). I do not see an option for a discount on the new one if you buy the first one.

If you are a club member on Bigfish the first one is there and the second one will be there on the 4th of March.

Ana wave

Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 03:29 AM

apparently Ana it will not be released today. Or if it is then it is really going to have to do some major catching up with the rest of the world because from where I am the day is almost over and I still is no murder in site. lol

Kem

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 03:32 AM

I see that Bitty! lol My info was official but apparently something went wrong. Shall we have a pool to see what day it really will be ready on? grin

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 03:37 AM

well lets see if it was suppose to come out today and BigFish was suppose to have it March 4th I say lets go for March 1st or 2nd because those days are at the beginning of the month and maybe they just needed one more month to "tweek" everything to make it just right for us. laugh

Kem : grin

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 03:43 AM

I have more faith and say Thursday the 19th. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about tomorrow. lol

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 04:09 AM

sounds good to me lets hope that you win the bet and that I lose. I would much rather play this game sooner then later!! Oh well off to bed to bed I said!!

Kem
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 05:03 AM

wave So looking forward to this! Will wait for BigFish and use my Club Member credit! Woohoo!

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/18/09 10:56 PM

Okay Bitty, looks like a tie! I bet early and you bet late. lol I got a new date today of the 24th today.

Ana wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/19/09 09:20 AM

Now rather confused. I will wait for Big Fish .

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/19/09 11:26 PM

well Ana I guess I can live with a tie I mean it isn't like it's a whole new month or anything so I can wait that long.

Kem
Posted By: dorish

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 03:28 PM

Just played the demo and bought the game. Looks like a good one!

Doreen

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 03:32 PM

Have fun! Let us know what you think.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 03:44 PM

bravo This is great.....downloading as I type. My daughter is ill today and home from school, so unfortunately I have nothing else to do but play games and take care of her....what a shame. lol

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 03:45 PM

lol I hope she feels better soon SlyOne!

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 06:27 PM

Thanks Ana....she has a wicked stomach bug....high fever, belly ache, flu symptoms, cold, stuffy nose. She really got it all at once. Poor baby just looks sick. I feel really bad. Actually the game is great, but taking a break as I really did stay home to take care of her and she really is a sick little girl right now. You know I wish there was a way to take it all away from her and just give it all to me. Hmmmmm. Thanks Ana I'm doing everything I can to make sure she's better soon.

Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 06:29 PM

Aww Sly One, sorry she is sick. That is always so awful. Hope she is better soon wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 08:45 PM

Thanks looney4labs. I do too!!
Posted By: dorish

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/24/09 08:57 PM

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon Sly. Just finished the game. It is GOOD. Had to skip a couple of puzzles- wont say which ones, so as not to spoil it for others. Forensic lab is much less tedious than in the first episode.Mini games are consistent with gameplay.

Doreen

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/25/09 01:53 AM

Thanks Dorish. I did get to finish as well while daughter was asleep. Your right, the lab was much less tedious than the last. I loved the game. The story kept me wanting more and the mini games are consistent with gameplay. I loved it. I do think, and it's only my opinion, that the first was better, but this was great as well. Glad I had the chance to play it and finish.

I also think I will play again...my score was pretty high, but didn't get all of the points I could have. I too skipped one mini game but other than that, I didn't have to use that many hints at all and there were plenty of those so no one will have any problems with that.

Barbara
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/25/09 02:05 PM

I am really looking forward to this out on Big Fish. I enjoyed the first one so much.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/25/09 07:35 PM

Ana, this game is fantastic! I like it far better than the first game. Highly recommend this game. I hope it is a long game. The only thing that would make it better would be if it had voice. Ah well maybe next time.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 02/27/09 11:41 PM

I like it too! It's easy but I am enjoying the story very much.

Ana wave
Posted By: OP

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/01/09 06:46 PM

Okay, I think I'm losing my mind. I'm playing the demo and trying to type the blood found on the cuff. The analyzer is asking for one drop of FS 972 but it seems the bottle isn't available. I've watched the three rows of bottles scroll by numerous times and have yet to find the darned thing!

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/01/09 09:30 PM

I didn't have any troubles finding the bottles. Try looking for the color (the number series have matching colors on the labels also) and you may find it.

Ana wave
Posted By: Minxs

Women's Murder Club NOT TGT??? - 03/03/09 09:07 AM

So I've been anxiously awaiting March 2, for Women's Murder Club (A Darker Shade of Gray) to come out on Big Fish, and when the time game I raced to the BFG page, only to find that Nanny Mania 2 is the game of the day!

BigFishGuy, do you know anything about this? Will we be getting Women's Murder Club soon, if not on March 2?

Ooops, how out of the loop am I? Women's Murder Club should have been out yesterday for everyone... I thought today (Tues) was March 2.

So what's up? I've been reading the threads but haven't seen anything about a delay?

Minxs

Sigh... sorry everyone... I went back to the threads and whereas I was SURE I saw March 2 before, it's March 4. So only one more day to wait, for those who are BF club members.

Wait though -- shouldn't it still be TGT?

Minxs

Re: Women's Murder Club NOT TGT??? - 03/03/09 11:11 AM

It would be good if it is the game tomorrow.

I am looking forward to this game too.

Re: Women's Murder Club NOT TGT??? - 03/03/09 01:12 PM

Minxs, please do not stack your posts. If no one has posted behind you use the edit button instead of posting again. thanks

If you note the release date it says worldewide release is the 10th. BigFish may or may not have it that day, but according to the publisher, that is the date I was given.
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/03/09 07:32 PM

Big Fish Games will be launching it on the 10th.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/03/09 07:36 PM

Awesome BFG-Guy! Thanks for the headsup. yay

Ana wave
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/03/09 08:06 PM

Yahoo!!! bravo

I loved the first one - read all the books, too. tomato

Thanks so much BFG Guy hearts

I can hardly wait. There goes my resolve for one game a month. I am up to 92 BF games, and decided I needed to slow down a bit. rotfl

Happy Gaming E1

HorseDancer

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/03/09 09:05 PM

I'm so sorry, everyone. Hopefully this will teach me not to post after midnight.

So now the 10th, yay! Thanks, BFGuy!

Minxs
Posted By: Marian

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/03/09 09:31 PM

More fun, and yet another thing to look forward to on Big Fish!!

devilchili

(And wishing I hadn't trialed Nanny Mania 2 this morning--whoops, there goes yet another game credit!!) lol
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/05/09 03:04 AM

Thanks BFG-Guy! I've been looking forward to this one! Can't wait until the 10th.

Koalanut

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/07/09 06:38 PM

They did a great job on this one! It's great when a sequel does as good or better than the original. This one does not disappoint! yay

Ana wave

Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/08/09 01:19 AM

I didn't even try the trial, I wanted to wait and get the full experience from the start.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/10/09 12:55 AM

Tomorrow is the day for BIgFish and all others! I'm betting there will be two releases tomorrow, and this one will be released for everyone. yay

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/10/09 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Tomorrow is the day for BIgFish and all others! I'm betting there will be two releases tomorrow, and this one will be released for everyone. yay

Ana wave

Howdy, Ana! '...two releases...'? Are you teasing us? happydance

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! Available BigFish on March 10th! - 03/10/09 01:06 AM

I'm counting the hours until midnight! happydance broccoli

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! Available BigFish on March 10th! - 03/10/09 01:08 AM

Darlene, I'm just thinking if the worldwide release is tomorrow for all portals, then BigFish would be restricting themselves by making it for members only. think Just me thinking aloud. lol

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! Available BigFish on March 10th! - 03/10/09 01:24 AM

happydance Very exciting, Ana! Woohoo!
Posted By: linward

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/10/09 09:23 AM

I think I must have got excited for nothing, or got it wrong. Went to BFG, and No Womens Murder Club-A Darker Shade of Grey frown

So disappointed
linward

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/10/09 11:54 AM

Linward, today was the day it was to be released per the communications with the PR folks and the BigFish himself. Apparently the they changed their mind. I’ll get a new date later today.

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/10/09 12:00 PM

Thanks Ana smile
I saw that Bigfish said 10th March. Oh well, everything that is good is worth waiting for monky
linward
Linward, today was the day it was to be released per the communications with the PR folks and the BigFish himself. Apparently the they changed their mind. I’ll get a new date later today.

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 11:45 AM

Yippee! Now available on BigFish Here!

Ana wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 11:58 AM

I hearts Big Fish

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 03:34 PM

I was really pleased when it was there this morning, and enjoyed playing it very much. smile
I do have a couple of points to make :
Although a great game, it's very short, and I thought much easier than the first one. The cut scenes were annoyingly long, however, nd you could not flick through, you had to read it all, or skip it. The puzzle were great, but as I said, the game was very, very short frown
frown

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 03:36 PM

Linward, how does the length of the game compare to the first Womens Murder Club? I know it took me quite a while to finish the first one.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 03:50 PM

I thought the games were similar in length and enjoyed them both. The storyline was good (I usually ignore, but I paid attention to this one). The mini games were easier than the first one though. I like more of a challenge but the games were well done.

Ana wave

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 03:59 PM

Thanks, Ana; I'm enjoying the game very much so far. If it's about the same length as the first one, that's fine with me. wave smile
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 04:26 PM

Terrific - it's here at last, now downloading. wave

Bernie monky

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 04:38 PM

I thought it much shorter than the first one, although it may be that because everything was easier, it seemed that way. I spent maybe 4-5 hours playing time. Don't get me wrong, its worth buying, and good to play, but you just get disappointed when it all ends so quickly. thumbsup
grin
Originally Posted By: Marian
Linward, how does the length of the game compare to the first Womens Murder Club? I know it took me quite a while to finish the first one.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 05:56 PM

I too thought the game was good but very short. It took me less than 4 hours- I skipped a couple of tedious puzzles like the frog & farmer.

I thought it had nice graphics and excellent storyline.

The puzzles were ok but finding bits of paper and coins was not much fun.

If it had normal hidden object game elements I think it would have made the game longer and more interesting then looking for the same things that were not really even hidden.

I think if you commbined this story, mix of puzzles and way of narrating it with the first WMC game style of game play (traditional hidden objects) it would have been excellent.

Posted By: jldcat

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/11/09 06:16 PM

The game is OK, a lot easier than the first. I've played 30 minutes and I'm already finished 4 and a half cases so I will likely be almost finished by the time the 1 hour demo is up. I think I'll pass on this one but only because of the short length, not because of the gameplay.

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/12/09 05:48 AM

I just finished the game; I'd say I got roughly four to five hours of play out of it. I thought the game had a nice variety of mini-games but will agree that they were for the most part very easy, as I usually get stuck somewhere in a mini-game and in this game I did not. But all in all, it was worth the $6.99 that I paid for it, and in a few months it will probably be good for a replay. smile
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/12/09 04:04 PM

I finished the game and liked it. I agree it's rather short and the puzzles are easy and I missed the hidden objects part. But I still enjoyed it.
Posted By: ramona

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/12/09 07:54 PM

I am at Chapter 5. It does seem shorter to me but I think that is because the puzzles are easier. The only gripe would be that they should have allowed you to click a next page option once you finished reading. The puzzles so far I think do fit into the story. It's an interesting story and since just 6.99, not a bad buy. Though, for those buying it retail at $19.99, may be disappointed unless new to the HOGs.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/12/09 08:19 PM

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. I do hope there will be another one. It was well worth the money (Thanks to Big Fish). I had to use hints a few times but all in all it was a good game. I especially liked the last part
Click to reveal..
trying to dodge Rydell
. I will replay it again soon and hope not to use any hints.

carlahelp

Re: Womens Murder Club - A Darker Shade of Grey Released! - 03/23/09 08:38 AM

I have not played very far yet but that's because it seems easy and, gasp, boring! I'm so disappointed since I was really looking forward to this one, but no hidden objects? No ability to move quickly through the dialog scenes? So far, I think the first one was MUCH better. I liked the story on that one too.

But I'll keep playing and hopefully it will improve.

Minxs
© 2024 GameBoomers Community