GB HOMEPAGE

Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 11:28 AM

Todays game for Club Members and Daily Game Splash Members, tomorrows game for all.

The game can officially be downloaded now Here.

Quote:
While exploring a museum in Egypt, Annabel stumbles upon an ancient curse that claims an innocent victim every ten years, and she may be next. Relive the struggle of an ancient Egyptian princess that fought against all odds to be with the man she loved. Only your wits can overcome the devious puzzles and magical traps set by her enemies. Could Annabel be the reincarnation of that ancient princess, still threatened by a curse that has chased her for millennia?

An adventure of epic scope
Switch from past to present
Truly devious mini games

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: linward

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 12:26 PM

Thanks Ana wave
It looks like a great IHOG, but unfortunately, this may have a bug. I cannot get it to work past the first few frames of the adventure, it either freezes or gets an access error violation. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without having my virus protection on, just in case, but its still the same. Looking at BFG Forum, it seems others have the problem too. I have contacted customer support, so fingers crossed. frown
linward
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 12:57 PM

I tried the demo, but it makes me dizzy.
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 01:22 PM

I played my free hour and had absolutely no problems. In fact it ran very smoothly. Teddo
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 01:23 PM

Has anyone been able to play successfully? I downloaded this morning but haven't tried it yet.
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 01:51 PM

I finished the puzzle on the door but it wont open, and it tells me to do the puzzle. The puzzle it correct and I just want to know if anyone else had the same problem? It' the one in back of the cobra.
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 01:57 PM

HI all

I bought the game and finished it just now.

I had no problems except for a glitch with one of the puzzles (where you have to place in order shown some coloured balls and it takes a few tries to make the game recognise you did the pattern).

All else worked fine- the game took me approx 4 hours to finish- it was not a difficult game but enjoyable.

I did not suffer any dizziness though I saw many people sayng they did so over at BFG forums.

Anyway I think this game was very good and though not a long game it did have quite a bit to offer. Maybe because I am in a TGIF mood I did not mind too easy smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 03:03 PM

I played about a half an hour of the one-hour trial last night and experienced no technical problems.
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 03:53 PM

Hi all
I have just played rhe 1 hr trial with no problems and I couldn't believe the hr was up and love it. I have to wait until I get paid again......... perhaps I should keep a game credit ... BFG guy said we were going to get 4 games and this is the biggy for me. I am waiting impatiently until I can get it.
Going off to play Dream Chronicals or Treasures of Mystery Island or Alabama Smith or... I do love these Ihogs I am finding the ordinary ones a bit boring now.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 04:02 PM

Hehe I know- I bought Mushroom Age this avo and enjoying that too.

Looking forward to Lost in the city now smile

Notes: do no buy anymore games this month- booyea - booey foo foo lala
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 04:45 PM

I went thru the demo with no problem but at the second mini-game it blonked and went black. I updated my driver etc. then went to continue game . The same thing happened again at that spot. Does anyone know why?

Carlahelp
Posted By: Rachel D

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 04:47 PM

Hi everyone ~

What in the game made you dizzy? the character movement? It is a bit annoying but the in game movements of the characters and the audio on their voices takes this game to a new level. Im enjoying my demo ~ dont know if I will buy.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 05:12 PM

Hi guys

For those that have had problems, have you contacted BFG help so they will know about these problems so they can't start working on a fix?
Posted By: C65candy

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 05:15 PM

stuck in bottom of shlp trying to figure out the puzzle where you have to put the light on. Has anyone got a picture of how to do this? Really need help.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 05:46 PM

Yes, I contacted support straight away. I think the others having problems on the BFG Forum have also.
thumbsuplinward

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Hi guys

For those that have had problems, have you contacted BFG help so they will know about these problems so they can't start working on a fix?

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 07:00 PM

In regard to the access violation problem--BFG is saying that this can happen when you try to click quickly through dialog scenes; this may not fix the problem for some of you, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Otherwise, BFG is working on a fix. smile

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:09 PM

Can someone help me with the dominoes mini-game. I do not understand the directions on how to do it and have tried 6 times with no luck.

carla

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:14 PM

I wish that were the case,but I didn't click anything frown. BFG have replied to me that quite a few have the problem, and they have contacted the developer. In the meantime, they gave me a coupon to use on any other game and told me to watch out for a new build over the next few days smile
BFG have the best support, they always come out tops!
linward

bravolinward
Originally Posted By: Marian
In regard to the access violation problem--BFG is saying that this can happen when you try to click quickly through dialog scenes; this may not fix the problem for some of you, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Otherwise, BFG is working on a fix. smile

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: linward

I wish that were the case,but I didn't click anything frown. BFG have replied to me that quite a few have the problem, and they have contacted the developer. In the meantime, they gave me a coupon to use on any other game and told me to watch out for a new build over the next few days smile
BFG have the best support, they always come out tops!
linward

bravolinward

I'm sure they will get the fix up for download as soon as possible. The fact that they gave you a game credit in the meantime is yet another example of how Big Fish is the absolute best! thumbsup wave
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:25 PM

I am stuck on the dominoes too been looking for someone who figure this one out. I like this game so far different from most hog.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MysteryFantic
I am stuck on the dominoes too been looking for someone who figure this one out. I like this game so far different from most hog.

There's an explanation on the dominoes puzzle in the BFG forums, which says that what you have to do is to make a continuous line of dominoes matching the symbol at the end but in a different color. So, if you have a blue snake, the next domino you must put next to it would be a red snake, and so forth.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 08:57 PM

Hi marian,

I saw this on BFG forum but still don't understand. I have tried every way possible to get them to line up. My tiles will not turn sideways no matter how or what I do. I am really am badly stumped. I may be dense on this but nothing is clear to me. Thanks and help me some more or I cannot finish this game. There is only one game I never finished before and that was Azada. I won't try anymore with that game.

Waiting for your answer.

carla

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 09:25 PM

Hi carla,

I haven't gotten to this point in the game yet, so I will be of no help, unfortunately. Having said that, I will keep my eye on the BFG forums and post if I see anything else that will help clarify this for you. smile Otherwise, I am sure that within very short order there will be a walkthrough posted for this game, so hang in there, okay? wave

Again, I will run here and post if I see a better explanation. smile

As for being "dense"--no way!! I have gotten hung up on very simple things before, and this sounds more complicated. puppy

EDIT: Try looking at this thread--there are a couple of posts that explain the dominoes puzzle in more detail (look at woofie53's explanation):

Annabel Dominoes

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 09:56 PM

THANKS! I got thru it but only with the help of my grandson. These kids are whizzes at these games. My granddaughter has helped me ever so much also but she is at college and unavailable so I turned to her brother.
Again thanks loads for your help.

carla

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 10:03 PM

You are so welcome, carla!--I'm so glad you are able to continue the game. thumbsup

If it were not for my son, there are many games out there that I would never have finished; he no longer lives with me, and I usually have a bunch of "help me get through this" requests saved up now when I see him. lol

Have fun! smile
Posted By: OP

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 10:39 PM

I really enjoyed this game. Didn't take too long to finish but it was fun. And it wasn't too hard; it was more relaxing to play than some of the more difficult games.
Posted By: acornia

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/13/09 11:42 PM

Just hold the domino for a couple of seconds and it will turn.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 01:34 AM

I didn't do any clicking... I just got to the scene where the man is inside the tomb or mummy and wants out and she is to find 5 stamps... It freezes there and I have to C ALT D to close the game. Access Violation. I didn't click anything.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 01:42 AM

Right, and Big Fish is aware. A fix is in the works. smile

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 02:00 AM

Thanks Marian... and the game did nauseate me somewhat... the movements. I may buy it anyway and just close my eyes while moving. flying through that tunnel at the beginning made me almost lose my grits. laugh

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 02:04 AM

grin Someone on the Big Fish forums said they just closed their eyes during screen transitions, so you are not alone in your feelings. It didn't bother me too much, but then again I was finishing up the Adventures of Robinson Crusoe and haven't played much of the game yet.

And yes, don't worry about your access violation--there are folks who are getting that message in a variety of places, with and without clicking. smile
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 06:48 AM

Does anyone know how to skip a puzzle. I am really having trouble with the last puzzle and am ready to tear my hair out with it. Please advise if you figured out either a way to beat it or skip it.
thanks,
Kathy insane
Posted By: thracia

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 07:14 AM

So far no prblems with the game, but I do need to look away from the screen when you move to the next location.(dizzy).I like it so far. Its different.

Puzzler, don't know if you can skip, but I am sure someone will be along to help you.

thracia
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 01:23 PM

Thanks BFG Guy, I played this game for 5 minutes and immediatly bought the game. I love it! hearts

Annabel is so different then the other hidden objects. The puzzles are fun, although the domino's did take awhile for me to complete but with the help of hubby we won it.

I love the voice overs, because I dislike games I just have to read, for me it is hard to get into the character without a voice. The game even has a sense of humor. I laughed when I saw the Mummy! Yep this game is a winner and really hope more games will follow this example in many ways.

It is strange even though I suffer from motion sickness in many games this game has not effected me, at least not yet. I hope there will be more games like this I will buy it.

The Hint meter quickly fills up when we get stuck. The one thing that would have been appreciated after reading some of the posts is a skip for a puzzle, it sounds like later I may need it. think

Ah well there are always the ones with more brains then me, like Margie or Mag,or another GB someone will figure it out and let me know how to win the puzzle. thanks

EDIT...............
Whoops forgot to mention this. Thus far I have had no problem with any glitches. I finished the domino's really needed to show an example on this. However there are 2 tiles at the top of page. I thought those tiles were decoration. Wrong! You drag a tile from the bottom of the page to match with the same symbol but different color. Like red snake next to a blue snake. or red eye has to go next to a blue eye. Get the picture?

Now here is the tricky part, some tiles for instance are all one color, say all blue, or all red. What do you do? You will see that as you drag the bottom piece to the top where the 2 pieces cannot be moved that you are to build off those 2 pieces. The arrows will direct you where your able to place the pieces. When you have one tile that is the same color the arrows will not continue its a dead end.

I wish I had a screen shot of how I finished it, but it happens so fast and unexpected. When I won it surprised me. Remember follow the arrows up and down and across. just drag and it it's a match, it will automatically rotate if necessary and snap into place.

Sorry, don't know if any of this makes sense, but I hope it will help someone.

BTW I had no problem opening any door not even by the snake. You have to get the flute from the girl before you can open the door. To get the flute, you go to one of the girls by the fountain and she will exchange the flute for a bunch of roses. To get the roses you have to find the scissors to cut the roses. After you get the flute you click on the snake and watch what happens, the door will open at the same time.

Sherryah
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 05:27 PM

Thanks Sherryah, I'm sure that will help our members wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/14/09 07:12 PM

This is a FUN game...

Totally enjoyed the hour of game play..This one is also on my list to buy...

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 04:18 AM

Yea! I finally finished the last puzzle. It slowed down for me after the zillionth try - I think it felt sorry for me rotfl
Anyway, I really enjoyed this game.
Kathy

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 04:20 AM

Glad you got it Kathy! bravo

Ana wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 05:33 AM

I have been playing the trial and enjoy the game a lot...but i have to shut my eyes during the transitions...otherwise it's fall off the chair 'n urp time.! The artwork is very nice..and nice crisp lines..i particularly like that because i have a darn cataract on one eye and sometimes is bothersome on games where the artwork or graphics are too dark or not so 'sharp'. I will probably go ahead and buy this game.
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 03:34 PM

I really like this game! But I am stuck on the Jewel matching slide puzzle. I just can't beat it! I'm not good on these quick reaction puzzles! Is there any way that a saved game can be sent to me? I'm desperate!
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 05:15 PM

Penny Lane you can skip it if you have a hint left. Just back out of the game and look to see if your hint icon is full. I was going to do that but while waiting for my hint icon to fill up, I actually made it at the last second. It is not an easy game at all, a few times I would just get down to 1 or 2 and the time would run out.

You back out by clicking the arrow at the bottom of the screen as if you were just backing out of a closeup. If your hint icon is not filled yet, just go back in and play some more and back out again in awhile to check.

By taking a hint to finish the puzzle it will then just continue on to the end of the game.
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/15/09 05:20 PM

Thank you so much!
Posted By: Leeana

"Annabel" a Big Fish Game - 03/15/09 08:41 PM

I just thought I would make a comment about this game ... I went to Big Fish and Im always trying their games.. some are too hard very few are too simple ... but I found this game just right!!! If you have not tried the one hour free, I suggest very strongly that you try it... I was truly amazed at the different wonderful games you play to advance a level, it took me to a good melancoly adventure games that Ive played in the past ... after playing for just one hour, I simply had to buy it now being so many years old, I thought Id never make it through but Hey eek to my surprise I did it!!! I played this wonderful game all the way through ... it even had the savory feeling of Nancy Drew without being time-pressed ...
Annabel has a wonderful beginning, adventureous plot and story and a (( youd never guess what happened)) ending ...If Im playing a game tonight I intened to replay this great game ... If Anyone else played this game could you please tell me if there is another game similar to this one smile
ok I enjoyed this one Gameboomers ...Are you adventerously gamed??? wave
Posted By: gamecrazy

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 06:48 PM

Hello,
Is there a help guide or walkthrough for this game?
I am having trouble with one of the puzzles and you cannot skip them.
Thanks

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 06:50 PM

Hi gamecrazy, smile If maybe I can help you I will try which puzzle was that?

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 06:52 PM

It is the very last one. I guess I do not understand the directions. It says to make 4 colors in a row, but it works with 3. But I'm not fast enough.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 07:06 PM

gamecrazy, there is walkthrough posted Here.

Ana luck

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 07:12 PM

Thank you. I need to be faster

EDIT: Is there anyway to skip this one?
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 08:02 PM

Use a hint.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 08:12 PM

I tried that but it just tells me to click on the picture of the at the top. When i do, I'm back at the puzzle
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 11:43 PM

I just loved this game!!! I hope the developers of it bring us some more just as well done! I tried also the 'hint' on that gem puzzle and it would not let me skip it or help...so maybe you cannot skip or use hint on it. After what seemed like a gazillion tries..(probably 15 or so..really lost track of how many...) i got it! This last puzzle is really the only fault i can find with the game...too little time and no option to 'skip'. I was thinking - oh no...another game i can't finish (AZADA-Magician's Handbook)..when somehow i made the last 2 matches...! I am not sure..but i think maybe i agree with someone else who said maybe it slows down the more you try...i don't know. BUT i still really, really, liked this game. Most things easy to search and find..and for once i didn't feel like a dumbell playing the game. Loved the artwork!!!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 11:43 PM

Here's a strategy guide from GameZebo.

Thanks, Leeana. Help is much appreciated.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/16/09 11:47 PM

Hi all, I just kept playing I mostly consentrated on the third level and kept trying to get three to match and after about 10-15 minutes of really trying hard I made it! keep trying and Im sure you will get it too dont quit too soon keep going smile good luck smile

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/17/09 01:07 AM

I used the methood to matching the third movable row to the bottom stationery row and then waiting for them to auto match.

Both times I played it only took a couple of tries and it worked doing it that way.

I noticed there was a section you could place the movable bar that matched a few of the bottom at the same time so if you wanted to figure out that and place your third row there initially it might give you a head start.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/17/09 04:19 PM

Although I am frustrated, I continue to press on today. I will try the advice of lining up the third row with the fourth and see how that goes. Thank you for all the tips too.

It worked! I got to finally see the end.

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/17/09 06:55 PM

gamecrazy..... proud of you! Yeah smile

MaG your welcomed wave
Posted By: Rachel D

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/17/09 08:00 PM

im at the part where i gather parts of the amulet for Thoth and i click the parts im supposed to but they dont work. a glitch?

I uninstalled and reinstalled but its still happening frown rolleyes

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/18/09 09:23 PM

Just a heads up that the newest build of Annabel has been released that is supposed to fix the crashes that some Vista users were having. Just uninstall your game and reinstall the new version.
Posted By: abby

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/18/09 10:14 PM

I think that maybe the reason this game is making you dizzy is because it has 3D in it, i thing there is a place in options or main menu to turn it off.hope this helps!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/18/09 10:29 PM

I also have a problem with motion sickness....

What I do is: When I click on an area to go downstairs ,or upstairs....I close my eyes...that helps alot...

This is a neat game !!!! thumbsup
Posted By: widget

,Annabel - 03/24/09 08:24 PM

sorry if this has been on before but cannot find it
I am loving this game but am stuck on the mini puzzle where you have to click on 4 colours the same as they are moving along,
you have to match the top 3 colours with the bottom one,
hope i have made it clear,
i have tried and tried and cannot do it in the time,
just wondered if there was a trick into doing it.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: ,Annabel - 03/24/09 08:26 PM

Sorry no, took quite a while for me too.
I just kept trying and took breaks - eventually you'll get it.
Just don't panick smile

Re: ,Annabel - 03/24/09 08:52 PM

widget, there are some other suggestions on this thread, plus a link to the walkthrough that may help.

Ana luck

Re: ,Annabel - 03/24/09 08:54 PM

Thanks misslilo, thought there was not a easy way, shame you can't miss a few of these mini games, this is the first one I have struggled with,
like the game,

Oh I have just read a walk through and that game is the last one, seems like when that is done the game is finished, is that right???

Re: ,Annabel - 03/24/09 09:00 PM

Widget, a lot of people had trouble with this puzzle, but persistence seems to be the key ingredient here to win. Some people felt that after many failed attempts, the game almost "slowed down," and then they were able to win.

Good luck! wave

Re: Annabel - New Puzzle Adventure Game Now on BigFish - 03/24/09 09:02 PM

thanks Marion, have jusr edited my last post, is this the end of the game after this puzzel??

edit:
Have done it and it is the last part of the game , I enjoyed that game, but it was a bit short.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community