GB HOMEPAGE

BFG - The week in Preview - March 23

Posted By: BFG-Guy

BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 06:33 PM

Things always shift around so nothing in this post is set in stone and aside from what I post, if you ask me about other games, my only response is "I don't know" duh

With those caveats, here are my picks:
- Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern (Late in the week, puzzle adventure/quest genre that is a Large File (no demo))
- CSI: New York (Middle of the week, this was a large file retail boxed game, but they eliminated one of the 5 cases to make it small enough to have a demo version)

And of course 5 others, but I will let those be surprises as they did not make my top 2 Picks for the week.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - April 22 - 03/23/09 06:37 PM

Excellent BFG-Guy! They actually eliminated the 5th case from the boxed version of CSI-NY too. grin It isn't finished yet. Should be any day now. Do you know if folks will be able to add it like we do if we have the Ubisoft download or boxed version?

Ana wave

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - April 22 - 03/23/09 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Excellent BFG-Guy! They actually eliminated the 5th case from the boxed version of CSI-NY too. grin It isn't finished yet. Should be any day now. Do you know if folks will be able to add it like we do if we have the Ubisoft download or boxed version?

Ana wave

Not sure. I would not count on it, but Ubisoft says that the BFG version is a "complete" experience, but that one "case" was not included to keep file size down.

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - April 22 - 03/23/09 07:10 PM

Thanks BFG-Guy. The boxed and original download were sold with only 4 cases also and a promise of a 5th to be completed in January that you could download free. It was still not completed as of last week, with the promise of anyday now. I just was not sure if when the time comes that they actually complete the case if it would be able to be added on as well.

Thanks for your quick response!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 08:17 PM

Thank you so much for keeping us posted, BFG-Guy; Echo I have played (a very nice game!), and I'm looking forward to buying CSI: New York from Big Fish. thumbsup happydance
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 08:25 PM

I love Echo--it was the first game I "reviewed." wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 11:07 PM

Question?

I get so confused sometimes....

Now....Is Echo at BF a hidden object game? ."Meaning" The regular adventure game I played before ?

Thank You

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 11:14 PM

Echo, is Echo. The same Kheops Adventure game you played before.

Here is L4L review.

It's an awesome game!

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/23/09 11:23 PM

OH ..So Echo is a regular adventure game....Ok

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 05:51 AM

Wow - I cancelled my CSI- NY preorder when I found out it was a hidden object game. Since then I have come to love HO games so will definitley be trying this one.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:17 AM

Woo hoo, I did the same as Bella Rosa so its one I will look forward to from Big Fish.
Echo was a great game , I can recommend it.
BFG Guy, you're the best.
Posted By: myopia

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 12:52 PM

BFG-Guy you are so spoiling us, thank you. Suspect I'm going to die a happy pauper lol
Posted By: GBC

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 02:27 PM

I loved Echo . I'm looking forward to CSI.
BFG-Guy, You are so good to us. catrub
Posted By: NYLady

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:28 PM

Thanks for the heads-up BFG guy.

I hope one of the others is an IHOG. I wonder if IHOGS are harder to make because they are pretty scarce.

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:31 PM

CSI: NY is an IHOG.

Ana wave
Posted By: NYLady

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:34 PM

CSI: NY is an IHOG.

Ana wave

It is???? Wow, OK now I'm excited! !

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:37 PM

I personally disliked it very much, but then again I paid 29.99 for it and it was marketed as part of the CSI series adventure games which I love. For 6.99 you'll have fun. I'm still licking my wounds on getting burned. lol

Ana wave

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/24/09 10:53 PM

I never did buy CSI: NY retail, because I loved the previous games and was so disappointed to hear that it was not the same type of game. But for $6.99, and viewing the game as an IHOG, I'm actually excited to play it! What a strange and unexpected turn of events. lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/26/09 08:07 PM

I personally disliked it very much, but then again I paid 29.99 for it...

Ouch!
But for $6.99 it may be very good.
I wonder how large a download it will be.

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/26/09 09:24 PM

CSI:NY is about 175MB I think...It has a demo and full version.

Paul

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/26/09 09:25 PM

Thank you, Paul! I was wondering about the file size, as well. I'm waiting for the game! wave happydance
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: BFG - The week in Preview - March 23 - 03/26/09 09:37 PM

I wished that the CSI:NY was like the other CSI's, but I think I will try this on BFG. And I never did play Echo, so that is one to consider too. Thanks BFG-Guy!

Koalanut

© 2024 GameBoomers Community