GB HOMEPAGE

Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced

Posted By: Carla

Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 03:22 PM

A new adventure has to be released soon!

Quote:
Ironcode Software today announced the release date of Pahelika: Secret Legends, a adventure-puzzle game for the PC. Set in a fantasy universe, Pahelika: Secret Legends will take the player on a quest to discover the truth hidden behind an ancient legend. Pahelika: Secret Legends will be available for the PC platform beginning April 30, 2009.

"The fans of adventure gaming will be treated to some innovative puzzles and good story telling", said Pallav Nawani, lead game designer at Ironcode Software. "Although the game features some original puzzles, it is the adventure that really counts, and that is where Pahelika: Secret Legends really shines".

Pahelika: Secret Legends will retail at a price of $19.99 and will be available for the PC, Windows.

Screenshots and a short video can be seen on the official site HERE.

happydance
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 03:27 PM

Thanks Carla, it looks to be Myst-Like. I liked the screenshots! yay

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 05:10 PM

It does look Myst-like. I don't think I've read anything about this game before. I'm falling down on the job. lol
Posted By: Mad

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 05:20 PM

Thanks for that, Carla .... Looks GOOD !! thumbsup

Posted By: GBC

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 06:54 PM

Thanks Carla. This looks like fun. I love puzzle games. happydance
Posted By: colpet

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 07:26 PM

Thanks for mentioning this game. I'm definitely interested.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 08:37 PM

It's nice to see a new first person puzzle/adventure game being made.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/27/09 08:40 PM

OK, consider me led astray. Thanks Carla
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/28/09 08:23 AM

thanksCarla it looks good wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/28/09 08:54 AM

Thanks for sharing Carla. It looks like my kind of game! Definitely on my list!
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/28/09 03:38 PM

This does look good.....I think I will mark the calendar and get a download Thursday morning. As always we can count on Boomers to keep us informed. Thank you.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/28/09 10:22 PM

I agree it did look like a Myst type game to me.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/30/09 03:51 AM

Is this just download?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/30/09 09:41 AM

I downloaded a test version of course I am stuck after about 10 miniutes. It appears to be download only. I will go back and see how long this test lasts. It does not show the typical "you have x number of minutes left message". I have made magic powder in a basement room and need to figure out how to use this powder on the runes which appeared on the floor. So far it looks to be a fair game. I will go back to bed now and in the morning try to figure out the next phase of it. Good night my fellow gamers.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/30/09 11:01 AM

There is a DEMO posted on the games web site. Looks to be a Casual Game much like what you would get from Big Fish.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 04/30/09 10:27 PM

I have to agree. From the demo, it appears to be a hidden object game. Was hoping for a Myst or Rhem game. I'm sure others will enjoy it.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/01/09 05:44 PM

So its not an adventure game then.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/01/09 05:45 PM

We're moving this thread over to the Casual Game forum, where I'm hoping that this conversation will continue! grin
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/01/09 09:55 PM

It's more of a puzzle game, the demo lasted about 30 minutes for me, or until you get to the first castle of puzzles. I don't think it's a HOG at all, just finding things to help you cast spells in order to do the puzzles.

It looks like a very interesting game, but there are no hints nor help in figuring out what to do. That's why they have a strategy guide.

Not sure what to do. I would buy it if I knew it was a decent length. It depends on how many puzzles you have to do in order to go to the next location. I think there may only be six locations, so there must be more than one puzzle in each location.

It would be closer to Azada than anything.

Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/01/09 10:07 PM

got stuck trying to do the runes. couldn't get them figured out
Posted By: kjos

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/01/09 10:15 PM

Playing it now and it is more of a puzzle game than a HOG. Lot of puzzles some are hard but can be solved. I really like the game. It looks like it might be quite long.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 01:24 AM

Oh well. If it's similar to Azada I may like it.
Posted By: gaily

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 01:45 AM

I think it is really quite a hybrid...you do search for objects, but so far, (admittedly that is not very far) it is about the puzzles.(in fact I'm stuck trying to decipher the pattern in a panel of six dials; the first two are fixed. I'm puzzled and intrigued...
Posted By: Chief

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 02:09 AM

gaily, consider that the pattern is time and that you are going counter clockwise. luck

Chief wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 03:08 AM

Thank you Chief...I sort of played around with that...but obviously have not yet gotten the right pattern. back to it after an intermission luck

Got it...my spacing was too wide. (hint) Off I go, thanks again, Chief! praise
Posted By: colpet

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 10:35 AM

I'm disappointed it's a casual game, but like Jenny, more intriqued by the puzzle aspect. Do most casual games eventually end up at places like Big Fish, or do they usually only stay with the developer?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 03:00 PM

If you want to see the game on BigFish please write to gamesubmissions (at) bigfishgames.com (replace with @, edited out to reduce spam) and they will check it out.

Ana wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 07:24 PM

Chief
Trying to get the right sequence for the runes. I'm in the ice room with the chest on the right side and the scales in the wall where I put the snow balls on. Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 07:36 PM

Hello Richard. You are way ahead of me. Can the Stategy Guide find in the site of the game (see the first post) be of some help?

Chief wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 07:45 PM

kjos, there is a pdf Strategy Guide Here on the developer's website.

From reading it, it sounds like you need to
Click to reveal..
make some triangular ice slabs

Then you need to
Click to reveal..
place them in a metallic object

This brings up
Click to reveal..
an ice pillar

Click to reveal..
Clicking on it will turn it around.

Click to reveal..
Rotate the
ice pillar till the first symbol (left to right) on the wall is at the front of the pillar (It
is the triangle symbol). Now press the 'O' button. Now bring the second symbol
to front, press the 'O' button, and so on, till all the symbols on the wall are used
up. If you did it right, the ice door will open. Go in.

Did that help or am I in the wrong spot? luck

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 07:47 PM

I've got it and it just tells you to solve the puzzle. Not how to do it. When you get to the part will you let me know how you did it. Thanks
Richard

Looney
I've allready passed that one. That was the wrong spot. Sorry about stacking posts MaG.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 08:21 PM

Ahhhh Ok, let me see if I can find another spot in the ice room.

edit: yeppers, it just says to balance it. You do have 4 snow balls, yes?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 08:24 PM

Looney, I think it's the last room. Just look for a set of scales on the ice wall. There is a chest on the right sitting on the floor. I think you can go back to the cabin to. Thanks.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
If you want to see the game on BigFish please write to gamesubmissions (at) bigfishgames.com (replace with @, edited out to reduce spam) and they will check it out.

Done. Hopefully Big Fish will get the game.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 09:20 PM

I'm stuck in the machine steam room where the lever is jammed. There is a sequence of six figures in various poses with their arms. They are located directly under the lever that will start the generators, so I'm pretty sure that solving this puzzle will un-jam the lever. Can anyone give me a clue? two of them are fixed as in past puzzles in the game. This situation is not even mentioned in the strategy guide. think
It really is not a hidden object game at all...the objects that you pick up aren't really hidden; rather, you have to figure out how to use stuff to make things "go." For me it is a puzzle type adventure-lite game. Some of the puzzles are hard, others, not so much.
Help me if you can, somebody... confused

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 09:48 PM

Looney you got it I have already done the snowballs and used the hammer on the chest, but can't open it need help.
Gaily I think your way ahead of me. I didn't go to any steam room yet. It's not a HOG game it's a puzzle adventure game. How do you like the crossword puzzles? Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 10:04 PM

I don't really remember any crossword puzzles....lot's of challenging jigsaw puzzles, though. luck

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 10:06 PM

Sorry gaily I meant to say jigsaw puzzles my mistake.The strategy guide really isn't much help at all. A few times it helped me.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:19 PM

Gaily, have you already done the
Click to reveal..
robot?

The developer put a link on Gamezebo to This Screenshot in which he says all but the far right figure is set. Is this the one you need?

Kjos, I'm sorry--I guess we are just going to have to wait for someone who has played this.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:21 PM

Looney thanks for trying I can wait.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:23 PM

Kjos, there is a forum at Gamezebo where a lot of folks seem to be playing--I'm reading it now to see if anyone else had your problem. puppy

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:27 PM

I will skip over there to. Are you at the same spot I am? Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:28 PM

Kjos, I'm sorry. I'm not playing the game--I'm just searching the WT and the forum to see if I can find your problem.

Some folks are talking about an ice room and a card puzzle? Is that your spot too?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:31 PM

No it isn't Looney. I thought you were playing to. Thanks for trying .
Richard
Posted By: nina14

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:36 PM

Hi Kjos,

I'm at the same spot you are, at the chest on the right in the ice room. I came over from Gamezebo to see if anyone had the answer. A friend gave a tip: you need to have opposite pairs, but i don't know the pattern. Hopefully Ironcode will post a screenshot.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/02/09 11:40 PM

nina I guess you call it the card puzzle. I was looking at Gamezebo and some other gamers were having the same trouble as we are. I guess we need a screenshot. Welcome to GB nina14. Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 12:09 AM

I solved the card puzzle!
Click to reveal..
Its opposite pairs of clover, diamonds, then spades. To quote VanillaKiss "You have to build pairs with opposite color - if one is upper left side brown and down right gold the other symbol must be upper left side gold and down right brown." Hope that helps.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 12:16 AM

Thanks nina14 will try what you said. Thanks so much nina I got it the first try. Now on with the game.
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 12:26 AM

welcome Nina.

luck Richard.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 01:17 AM

Thank you both for welcoming me. Richard, I finished the game with the help of the guide. Didn't have any problems. So good luck to you.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 04:26 AM

Hi ya Nina, and welcome

Richard, glad you are able to progress wave
Posted By: Ironcode

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 11:04 AM

Hi, there.

I am from Ironcode Software.
Some Hints to the game:
http://ironcode.com/wordpress/?p=53

Some solutions:
http://ironcode.com/wordpress/?p=34

Hopefully this is useful.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 11:28 AM

welcome Ironcode,

Thank you for helping the gamers.
The game looks exciting and I'm looking forward to playing it too.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 03:55 PM

Thank you L4L that was, indeed, the screenshot I needed, and I have now finished the game. A very fun one at that!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 04:39 PM

gaily
how did you get the plank to start on fire. I'm at the shores at yantra nagari. I picked up everything on the beach. I looked at the guide it tells you how to start a fire but I can't. There is hot coals in the fire pit. Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 04:39 PM

Thank you Mag.
I hope you have fun with it!

Originally Posted By: MaG
welcome Ironcode,

Thank you for helping the gamers.
The game looks exciting and I'm looking forward to playing it too.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 04:45 PM

To start the fire,
Click to reveal..
first assemble the fire starter. Combine the bow like object with the two other oddly shaped wooden objects. Once the fire starter is assembled, use it on the wooden plank to set the plank on fire. Now use the plank on the coals!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 05:08 PM

Ironcode
I tried to combine the bow with the other things in the inventory but it wouldn't combine. There are two pieces of rotten wood in the sand but I couldn't pick them up. How can I pick them up or do I need them. Wonderful game. Thanks Ironcode.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 05:18 PM

Did you get all these objects?
Click to reveal..

+ + = fire starter!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 05:23 PM

Yes I have them will try again. Thanks so much for answering my post. I know you are really busy. Welcome to GB. Wonderful site.
It worked now with your help.
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 09:51 PM

Hi ya Ironcode and welcome to GameBoomers wave

Thanks for making a game which has given a lot of folks a great time puppy

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/03/09 10:03 PM

The rope way there are 7 bells and they have to be rung in a certain, would anybody know the right order to ring the bells. Thanks
Richard

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 03:33 AM

Bell sequence hint:
Click to reveal..
Try all the bells. If the bell is the wrong one, you will get a notice. If it is the correct one, you will hear a note.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 01:59 PM

Before I have to uninstall this game and start all over again,can anyone tell me what to do after I get through the big doors in the Fairy Garden? I used the rope and the bucket on the well and a skelton came up.He is now blocking my way to the little house. I can't use the bucket on the well anymore,and all I have in my inventory is the parchment and a little bottle, which will not work on anything I click it on. There is a large cauldron there with liquid in it which keeps changing colours,and several empty ones around it. There is also a little bush there but it is "too dense to see inside it" I am TOTALLY stymied.

Thanks for any help,

Doreen

PS, every time I try to download the strategy guide my computer freezes and I have to restart it. I don't have MS Office or anything else that will accept a PDF file.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 02:02 PM

Anyone can get a pdf dile. You just need the free reader Here.

Ana wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 02:36 PM

Dorish, would you have a
Click to reveal..
scroll
handy?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 02:46 PM

No, just the parchment and the little bottle. Where do I find the other thing you just mentioned?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 02:52 PM

Dorish, have you
Click to reveal..
moved a huge stone recently?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 02:59 PM

Dorish,
Also note that top right of the screen there is a button to go back...

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 03:01 PM

No, I realise that I have to go back outside, but I can't find any way out . I have clicked all over the screen and no footprint icons show up. BTW Thank you for the advice B.E.T. I just downloaded the latest version of acrobat and can now access the strategy guide.--but I still can't get back to the other part of the fairy garden.

Doreen
Thank you Ironcode, I hadn't noticed that-- am going to try it now. I am loving this game.
It worked -- Now I am at the "dreaded brazier " part
Posted By: tazmanw

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 04:17 PM

I played the demo and loved it. I also wrote to BFG asking them if they would try to get it. If they do I will definitely buy it.

Margie
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 04:57 PM

Am I allowed to post the answer I received back from Big Fish regarding this game?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 05:04 PM

If there is content you are unsure about, please email or Pm it to me and I'll let you know. I am thinking it's probably ok.
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 05:17 PM

Here is what Big Fish Games e-mailed to me in response to my asking if Pahelika will be coming to their site.

Thanks for writing in. We're currently working with the developer in order to get the game live on our site. Please keep checking back throughout the month and into next month, it'll most likely be on the site!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 05:19 PM

That is excellent! Thanks so much Kate Anne!

Ana wave
Posted By: tazmanw

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 08:16 PM

I just got the same message-very speedy reply- probably from all of us at GB sending in our requests. BFG is so responsive to it's customers. If more places had service like BFG the world would be a much better placee!
Margie
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 09:40 PM

Where is the magic dust? I'm stuck in the Wizard's tower after putting the lamp on the corner table.

thanks

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 09:59 PM

carla, when you are in the Wizard's Lab,
Click to reveal..
you put the lantern on a wooden pedestal to see the big table vanishing and see some runes on the floor. Take the lantern back and go upstairs.

Put the lantern on the wooden pedestal. A door on the wall near the golem will be seen. That is where the magic dust is.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 10:07 PM

Stabelizing the Steam Pressure......There must be a trick to keeping the steam valve in the green area for 30 seconds to get the teleport open...I never believed 30 seconds could be so long.........it seems like I hold that needle forever and still not getting the port open. I have all three sets of macines running but the timing is tough to get. Does anyone have a method that works........Thank you for any information you have.

Great game, different puzzles and some rather challenging. I hope there will be a sequel. Good graphics and definately not short.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 10:20 PM

I downloaded the demo and knew instantly this is an excellent game. Congrats to the game designers, I hope it will be a best seller for them. I am about to purchase it now, don't think I can wait for BFG, sometimes I get so impatient. BTW I love listening to the man telling the story, his voice is very soothing. I love adventure and casual games that include voices.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/04/09 10:30 PM

Thanks Chief,

I played it until my demo ran out. This is a very good game and worth the price.

carla

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 03:01 AM

@Cherie:
First, relax! The trick is to click only when necessary! Most of the times the needle moves slowly, so if it goes right, click the left button, etc. On occasion it will move faster. Then click quicky to bring it back in middle!
Click to reveal..

Second, keep trying. If you fail, the game will first reduce the time needed to 25 seconds then to 20, and ultimately to 15 seconds.

So if you keep trying, it will actually get easier to complete it.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 05:35 AM

In the demo,
Click to reveal..
Wizards Tower top, I have placed the correct colored stones around the teleporter to get it to work. I have solved the jigsaw puzzle and have the scroll.

The last stone I placed was the blue stone I found in the pillar. Please tell me why it says if I use the scroll now I will waste it.

I am trying to activate the teleporter. According to the stragedy guide I have done everything. What am I missing please? Thanks in advance whoever answers this question.

The only suggestion I would make to the game designer I would have liked to see a skip puzzle, I fear I will get stuck and the game will end there and it will be a waste of money for me. I have had it happen so many times before.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 06:04 AM

Sherryah,
Have you extinguished the white fire?
Click to reveal..

• Extinguish the fire so you can use the teleporter
  • Fix the 4 crystals to power the teleporter
  • Cast the spell to activate the teleporter

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 10:25 AM

Sherryah,

Click to reveal..
Throw the scroll into to the teleporter.
I got that far but my demo ended.

carla

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 01:12 PM

Thank you Ironcode for the help and suggestion. I will try again and see if your idea works. I have up to this point enjoyed your game and can see I am almost finished. I may set it aside for a month or so then come back and try it again. For me games are to relax with when one becomes a stress I set it aside. Theres too much stress in life without inviting it into my spare time. Keep up the good work this is really a worthy game you have going.

Edit: As you suggested I perservered and finished the game. I would give it overall a B+ grade. It should have a skip capacity for those who get frustrated. The puzzles are certainly original and attractive. Even the jigsaws are pleasant to do. The sliders are even good. The music superb and the narrator has an extremely good pitch in his voice so calming. Thank you for putting out this game.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 01:35 PM

Hi, can anyone help with
Click to reveal..
the code written on the wall in the ice room where I have to match the shapes to the machine that came up out of the ground. I get it half done ,and when I click the next shape he says "this might work if it was done right" I am clicking from left to right. Also I cannot make out what shape the 3rd from the right is supposed to be.

Doreen

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 02:33 PM

Dorish, there is a a picture of the solution here. luck

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 02:48 PM

Sorry L4L, that is not the puzzle I am talking about.
Click to reveal..
This one is just after he has used the hammer to break the ice on the wall, and after doing another couple of actions, A rocket-looking machine rises up from the floor. On a pillar to his right,there are shapes etched into the ice that he has to duplicate on this rocket-looking machine.---He has just come from the freezing room upstairs(which he has now Heated.

Doreen

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 04:36 PM

Can someone who's bought this game through Ironcode tell me what to expect?

How large is the download? 200MB? 800MB? more?

Is the game you download after buying already unlocked, or do you have to type in a code that they send you through email?

Or does it use online activation, and if it does, are there limits on how many times you can activate your game?
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 06:47 PM

Are the puzzles timed?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 07:03 PM

Jenny: The size I show on my drive is 162 MG.
Gamenut: I didn't find any timed games.
Posted By: mel22odie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 09:03 PM

How did you get the hammer in the ice room?
Click to reveal..
I stacked 3 blocks of ice so that I could reach the hammer and still can't get it. The solution guide just has you breaking things with hammer, but not how to get it.
Thanks, Mel22odie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/05/09 10:40 PM

Can someone please tell me I just purchased the game, do I have to un-install the demo or is the demo also the full version unlocked? All I recieved was a URL where to go to download the game. However I won't redownload it if I don't have to do so.

Thank you whoever answers this in advance. One of the reasons I have decided to buy the game is because the game designers Ironcode cares enough about their game that they come and help us Boomers with it.

Thank you Ironcode for answering my question. There is one problem I forsee with the game, and its the dreaded slider puzzles. I hope someone will come up with a walkthru that includes how to solve the slider puzzles. I hate slider puzzles but do love the jigsaw puzzles to solve that is in the game. That is really fun. Thanks Ironcode.

EDIT....................
Urgent help
OK I didn't hear from anyone so I figured out from the size of the demo to uninstall the demo.

I paid for the game and was sent a URL where to download my full game version in my email.

Question for those who purchased the game. I have also sent this same email to ironcode but haven't had a reply yet. So I am going to you now with this question also. think

I used internet Download Manager and it says the file is 69.87 MB
I uninstalled the demo since it was only 32.00 MB
I figured that is what I was suppose to do, because the full version should be larger than a demo I reasoned.

However I see another GB that bought the game said the file size should be 162 MB eek

I had no problem getting sound on the demo, and yet there is no music or sound on this full version. duh

What has happened? Where is the entire file at? The game doesn't say buy me anymore and yet without the music and voices it must not be the full version, especially when the size of the file should be 162 MB instead of 69.87 MB

Please give me a suggestion what to do. hardwall

Thanks in advance

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 01:48 AM

I'm not quite sure exactly what is the matter but I can answer the question concerning the size. Both the game and the demo are 162 MB according to my Control panel "Add and Remove" It definitely should have music. Two things that I would suggest: read the "read me" and redownload. Iron Code was quick to answer my question so try them again. Hope that helps, Mel22odie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 02:08 AM

Thank you so much Mel22odie, your right I redownloaded it and for no reason explainable it is now working again! I have sound and music. This is a great game.

EDIT..........
Strange thing though it didn't save my games from the demo I un-installed. Also when I look at add and remove the MB for the game is different than yours it says 83.4
I wonder why the difference in the file size? Well I have written and waiting for explanation in the meantime playing this great game.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 03:25 AM

I'm glad that it worked for you. I hadn't deleted the demo. Perhaps that's the difference in size. Now I wish that someone would tell me how to get that hammer from the ceiling in the ice room. Have tried everything. Thanks, Mel22odie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 03:34 AM

Sorry Mel I am not there yet. Struggling with another jigsaw puzzle. Wish they would give us more pieces at a time. I just answered all the questions right at the wind guardian and I think I am back in the study. Let me know when you figure it out. I don't know how far behind I am with you.

Posted By: debs

pahelika - 05/06/09 09:40 AM

stuck at gate need combination number help
Posted By: marie389

Re: pahelika - 05/06/09 11:40 AM

Hi all,
I am stuck on jigsaw puzzle at teleport. Can I get some help?
Thanks so much

Re: pahelika - 05/06/09 11:52 AM

We've determined that Pahelika is more of a casual game than an adventure game (thought it does have elements of both). Anyway, answers to these questions can be found in the Casual game forum.

I'm copying this thread over to Casual.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 12:36 PM

@Jenny100:
Full version download size is 69.8MB. No activation of any kind required.

@mel22odie:
You need to stack 4 ice blocks.

@debs:
Which gate are you talking about?

@marie389:
If you have picked up a piece, you can rotate it by right clicking.

@Sherryah:
Sorry about the troubles you've faced. Good to know they're solved now.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 01:30 PM

Thanks Ironcode.
Click to reveal..
Didn't know there was a fourth block of ice. I found it and got hammer.
Also, It's strange that my Control Panel listed the game at 162 MB and the Demo at 162MB. Thanks again for your help. I like the game very much, Mel22odie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 06:09 PM

Click to reveal..
I have got the lever on the floor on left to work. The water and heat are creating steam but the wheels on floor, next to the big machine,are not turning. The parking meter like machine in the middle won't go on even though the gears on the bottom are working. It sounds like the machines are going but I can't get them all to work. What am I missing? Mel22odie (have done the dancing men puzzle, opened all the cabinet doors, put water in machine and lit the fire) Can you help?

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 06:43 PM

mel22odie, on the machine on the left,
Click to reveal..
did you set the dial to 1 and then pull the lever and do this for dial 2 and 3?

When all 3 machines are working, then you can do the mini game on the parking like machine (I like your comparison).

Chief wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 07:18 PM

Thanks Ironcode,I am glad to know I have all the files.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/06/09 07:52 PM

Chief, Thanks very, very much. I'll do that. Mel22odie
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/09/09 05:45 AM

Well seeing as how everyone is beyond where I am, I'm sure someone can tell how do I get the portal to work. I have permission from all, but the portal doesn't work.

Thanks,

Now I'll go back and probably figure it out before you can answer.

What do you know, as soon as I went back, I went right to the exact spot.
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 03:23 AM

Tomorrow!

shocked

Posted By: Marian

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: BFG-Guy
Tomorrow!

shocked

Nice!!! bravo happydance smile thumbsup

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 11:18 AM

I'm stuck before the fairy garden:I know what I have to do but I've got my inventory full of items and I cannot pick up the pot to make the potion.
Is there any way to leave at least one item around so I can pick the one I need first?The other solution would be to go back to the last save, but I can't find any past saves...
Someone knows what to do? insane
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 01:12 PM

Click to reveal..
I got all the right colours in to extinguish the fire, but now stuck. All I have in inventory is the sheet of paper. How are you supposed to make the potion? I'm still on the demo version.

That's the place to get the portal started.

Posted By: GBC

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 01:22 PM

BFG-Guy, thanks Woo Hoo. I'm already playing it!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 02:44 PM

There is a link to the walkthrough Here for anyone needing it.

Ana wave

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 04:52 PM

Thank you Ana, but the walkthrough unfortunately doesn't sort out my problem!
I can't do anything because my inventory is full and I can't pick up the only thing that I missed (the pot).All the other object I've got in the inventory are needed after!
hardwall

Posted By: Margie

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 05:35 PM

Hey Carla, are you the same person who posted at BF about this problem? If you're not, can you post a list of items that are in your inventory? I will see if I can help from there.

As far as I know, this new version saves the game to the last thing you did automatically. If you bought your game from the developer it may be different but the BFG version saves automatically.

Someone else had the same thing happen to them. I looked at their inventory list but could not find something they could unload. I did not run into that problem when I played the game. Unless it's a glitch, I'm surprised the game would let you pick up items you can't unload.

If I see any solutions, I will post back here. I know the developer stops by here, maybe they have an answer.

Thanks, Margie B

Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 05:41 PM

Great game so far! I wonder how long it is?

That is fantastic about BFG making all members $6.99 now! I think this is very affordable for most of us!

Thanks BFG-Guy!! bravo

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 05:47 PM

Hi Margie, I'm not the one posting on BF forum,in my inventory I've got:the 4 precious stones, 2 plants,the hollow branch with the scroll inside (that I cannot get out because I've no room) the knife, the 2 scrolls with instructions.
I know I need the pot, but I can't take it.
It's possibly a glitch, because the scroll to be read backwards is still in the inventory, even if I got the key already.
Thanks!

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 06:03 PM

Hi Carla, from the inventory box, can you combine the hollow stick and the knife? Then click on it once the pieces are combined. let me know if that helps.

Margie B

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 06:32 PM

I did it, I have to take out the scroll but if I click on it I'm told that there is no more space in the inventory.
I think I will start again, and I will be very careful to pick the pot up before anything else!
thanks

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 06:45 PM

Hey Carla, that might be your best bet at this point. Good Luck!

Margie B

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 09:44 PM

Thank you Margie!I started again and this time I picked up the pot first thing, and now I'm carrying on!
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/23/09 10:26 PM

Finally finished the game. Not too bad. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/26/09 01:11 AM

Hi Carla,
I know its a little late but, you could have placed the first two gems in the gem-socket on the wall right to the huge gate. Remember to put them in sequence.

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/30/09 03:59 PM

I just finished this great game. I hope there is a sequel in the very near future. I enjoyed it so much. Thank you Ironcode Software for this game and please give us more.

carlahelp
Posted By: Marian

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/30/09 04:06 PM

A sequel is planned. smile You might be interested in this article:

IronCode interview
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 05/31/09 01:43 PM

Just finished this game it was truly wonderful ... I bought it on BF and it was fun smile
Posted By: widget

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 06/12/09 07:59 PM

Help this walkthrough link does not work,

ok I have found the Big fish walkthrough

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 06/12/09 08:26 PM

Did you get unstuck?
Posted By: widget

Re: Pahelika: Secret Legends new indie adventure-puzzle announced - 06/15/09 07:55 PM

I am fine now, love this game, but have found as you get into it more it gets harder,
confess I use the walkthrough a bit more now,
but still love the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community