GB HOMEPAGE

Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09)

Posted By: Becky

Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/04/09 12:39 PM

3 Cards to Midnight is expected to be released later this week (May 6th, to be exact).

Those of you who haven't had a chance to see the new website, trailer and screenshots can have a look here.

The game (at this stage) is releasing via download only. We should be getting news very soon as to which sites will be sponsoring the download.

EDIT: Updated news -- The game will release at 7PM ET on Thursday, May 7.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 12:53 PM

Thanks Becky! It looks great!

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 01:45 PM

Thanks Becky, I hsve really been looking forward to this game. Along with other mystery games this month. What a great month for new releases.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 04:59 PM

Sounds good, thanks Becky!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 06:32 PM

Thanks Becky. Looking forward to this.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 08:06 PM

Thanks Becky. It seems like download is the way of the future which is not good news for a dial up dinosaur like me. cry
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 08:57 PM

Hi, Space Quest Fan!

From one dial-up dinosaur to another, and someone who was REALLY looking forward to "3 Cards to Midnight", I'm not very happy either cry !

Susan

Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/04/09 10:24 PM

For those interested in where you may be able to download Three Cards to Midnight on May 6th, this is what Aaron Connors said on the games Web Site Forum ...
Quote:
Post subject: Re: So, where to buy 3CTM? Posted: May 04, 2009 12:26 pm
A.C. wrote: You should be able to buy the game right here. We're working on getting it set up by Wednesday. Check back for updates!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 02:33 AM

I wonder if that is USA time zone or Europe time zone? Thanks in advance

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 02:52 AM

lol GameBoomers are the best! I would assume USA time zone.
Posted By: Tsavorite

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 03:16 AM

This game reminds me a little of The Forgotten
Posted By: Mad

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 03:30 AM

Hi Becky - and thanks for the info thumbsup

I will, however, stand and wait and hope for a disk version grin

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 04:37 AM

Thanks Becky, watching to be one of the first to download the game.
Posted By: JackVanian

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 06:16 AM

Thank you Becky!
I guess, i´ve got something here that fits into the countdown very well! Just minutes ago, i published a brandnew interview with Aaron Conners , with the whole focus on Three Cards to Midnight. Of course i made an english version of the interview available as well. So, if you´re interested in details about the game, i definetely recommend to read it as i think it works great as a nice little factsheet before the release. The first interview from august 2008 is linked in the article as well by the way. I hope you´ll enjoy it. smile
P.S. If you want to leave feedback on our website (about the interview or if you just want to yell out the circumstance that Aaron Conners and Chris Jones rule :-) ) you can do it right here . You don´t have to register ,just click on "Kommentare" beneath the interview-news, write your text and click on "Absenden" (some times you need to confirm your comment twice by clicking "absenden" for some strange reason).
Posted By: Perry-Rhodan

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 10:23 AM

EDITED out by BrownEyedTigre

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 10:38 AM

Well, i already finished the review version twice, and i´m not going into any details before the actual release of the game, i can only say that i have a totally different opinion and that this was one of the most exciting and best written games i played in years.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 12:06 PM

Perry, we do not discuss Beta versions here. Not fair to judge an unfinished product. Discussion can be made on the retail version only. Your post has been edited out.

Ana

Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 12:51 PM

Oh No download again cry

I will wait and hopefully it will also come out in boxed disc version happydance. I really want to play this game. It looks like it will be a very good one thumbsup.

Thanks Becky and JackVanian for the info wave.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 06:27 PM

Any info on the requirements? Maybe i can squeek by with my older machine!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 06:48 PM

Gamenut -- I don't see anything on the website about system requirements, but when it releases tomorrow, I expect they'll include that info.
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/05/09 10:07 PM

I am normally a retail box type of game player but I am going to ventue out and download this game for sure. I am counting down the hours and minutes.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 12:37 AM

A new posting in the News section of the 3 Cards to Midnight website.

The game will release at 7PM ET on Thursday, May 7!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 12:59 AM

Great news! Thanks Becky!

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 01:33 PM

Thanks for the update Becky. I can't wait until tomorrow. yay
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 06:51 PM

Thanks I am very interested in this game but a bit confused.

I thought it was a casual game- an Hidden object type game with a twist?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 07:11 PM

Bella, to my knowledge this is an adventure game.

Ana wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 07:15 PM

From what I understand, the game was initially created with elements of both genres. After the initial previews, the developers spent some time revising the game, and (from what I can tell) it's now shaded over into the adventure genre.

We'll all know more tomorrow. yay
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 07:32 PM

Thank you Becky for the news on the game, I'm so behind with my games that hopefully by the time I've caught up there may be a disc version? smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/06/09 07:34 PM

Thanks Ana and Becky

It just happened I looked up the game yesterday and the description was HO game but you found the objects by clues - the game sounds fun to me either way- so hopefully BF gets it soon as I would surely buy it.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 11:14 AM

Can someone tell me if Gamehouse is a safe site? I just saw at Gamezebo that you can download the game at Gamehouse. Sure enough I checked it out and they are advertising it. Question is I thought it wasn't available until 7:00 pm on May 7th? Is gamehouse also real arcade?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 11:29 AM

I haven't heard of the site before, but perhaps someone else has. It also might be worth asking about it in the Casual games forum, if it was mentioned on Gamezebo.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 11:51 AM

Thanks Becky wave

3 Cards To Midnight released - 05/07/09 11:58 AM

I was just at Gamezebo and had a shock. I have been counting down the hours until 3 Cards to Midnight is released. Big Finish Games give release date May 7 and 7:00 pm. So how is it Gamehouse has it for download now? Is Gamehouse a safe site? I can't download anything from Real Arcade do they use the same uninstaller?
Thanks in advance to whoever answers the question. I really want to buy this game.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 12:02 PM

Sherryah, GameHouse is RealArcade. Search Casual and you'll come up with many opinions. If you don't like REalArcade software do not install from GameHouse.

Ana

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 12:16 PM

Thanks Ana, RealArcade installer doesn't install for me. Darn,I really wanted this game earlier than tonight my time. Oh well all good things come to those that wait. wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 12:17 PM

Sherryah -- the developers did mention at one point that the game might be available via download through websites other than their own website. If so, other websites may not have chosen to wait until 7:00 PM today before making the game available.

The game releases today, a date with sequential odd numbers. 05-07-09. Was this intentional? (It only happens six times per century, that a date contains sequential odd numbers.) Very odd. laugh

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 12:35 PM

It is available at GamesHouse now and I bought it and cannot download it.
I have sent them a message- I think they might be having some issues as I recall someone mentioning they had trouble downloading at the BF forums-
wondering if the free Nancy Drew out might be tying up their servers?
No idea but I have a support ticket lodged.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 12:52 PM

Thanks Bella, Please let me know when you succeed in downloading it. I will wait for your response. Do you know Bella if Gamehouse uses the same installer as Realarcade? I can't download from realarcade because of thier installer it doesn't like my computer evidently.

Becky, I never thought of that before about the date. Very interesting indeed.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 01:10 PM

Hi Sherryah
Not sure about that. I have downloaded games from GamesHouse before without issue until today so a bit baffled here about what is going on.
I will let you know if I can finally get to install it- hope so since I now paid for it LOL

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 01:12 PM

The game will only download at 11:00, to complete the sequence. lol Sorry, just kidding.
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 01:16 PM

I still am confused about this game as I evaluated last week for RA...and from what I saw this is not an adventure game, but more of a HOG with a twist on the hidden objects. I did read Becky's post about the developers making changes that now make it an adventure so hopefully that's the case, but I didn't see much of an adventure game when I played. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but......well I'll see today if it changed or not I guess.
Barbara

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 01:51 PM

I just don't understand the discrepancy in the screenshots. The same screenshots that are on the Developers website minus the hidden object tables on the bottom are the ones that are included on the screens at GameHouse. If you want to make a casual HOG game, fantastic, there are plenty of us that love them, but why call it an adventure game and cut the bottom half of the screenshots off that show it is actually a HOG?

Ana

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 02:28 PM

I don't think I've read statements by the developers that the game is a "pure" adventure game -- they started out mentioning the casual elements. I think I've been eagerly hoping that it was an adventure game with casual elements.

Cutting off the screenshots seems strange, though. frown

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 02:44 PM

Just bought and played it .
213.4MB download .

I think police quest 1 by sierra is better .

You have to press with the mouse on objects that are connected to a word .

The graphics is maybe 1024X768 resolution and im large .

They call this thing and adventure game ? Come on .

Nothing in this thing remind me a puazzle game or adventure game .

Still room nothing is moving no animation just pressing on objects that looks like taken from an english lesson if you right you see +5 points sign for second if you wrong you hear loud strange sound and after few times you dead or something and the room is restarted you need to find the words again .

I cant realy think i bought it .

And i pre ordered secret files 2 and i have nothing against other games

No wonder the game is only 6$ and 213MB .

Posted By: kjos

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:00 PM

Tried to download the demo from Gamehouse but it wouldn't download.
Richard
Posted By: anne2

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:18 PM

Perry are you sure you have the right game? If you look on Big Finish games the cost is $20.

wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:26 PM

Anne2 im sure its 6$ i bought it in gamehouse.com with some tickets points thing .
The payment in my email say 5.99$ .

Order #: 152324796
Item: Item Cost:
GameHouse Club 12 FunTickets US$5.99
Three Cards to Midnight US$0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: US$5.99
Sales Tax: US$0.00
Shipping: US$0.00
Total: US$5.99

Sorry but yes this is the game .
I have also unlocked it to get the full version wich is the same .

Maybe it cost me 20 i dont remember cuz this tickets system thing gamehouse.com whatever .

If you want buy it . I just deleted it . And waiting for secret files 2 .
Posted By: lily.bart

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:29 PM

This game defies logic.
Not a traditional adventure game nor a traditional hidden object one. I would say it is something entirely new.
And not in a good way, in my opinion. I have only played 1 scene, maybe 15 minutes, and was not "compelled" or "challenged" in the slightest (this may change as I play on, but I'm not holding my breath).
I concur the descriptions are ambiguous, if not misleading.
From the official site
Quote:
What kind of game is Three Cards to Midnight?
TCM is a new style of game with elements of traditional adventure games and casual games built around a compelling story experience.
What is the gameplay?
The gameplay is one part solving puzzles and one part what we call "word play". You search locations to find objects that connect to specific "keywords". For example, the first keyword in the game is NOTE; objects you can find include a Quarter, a Foot, a Key, and a Book – all of which connect to the word Note (Quarter Note, Footnote, Keynote, Notebook). When you find all the required objects, a memory is unlocked that has something to do with the Keyword.

From Gamehouse site
Quote:
Help a lost young lady recall the truth about her past in Three Cards to Midnight, a wonderful hidden object mystery featuring an all-new way to play! Each stunning location in Three Cards to Midnight is full of objects hidden in plain sight. The real challenge is to figure out what those objects are! Match a series of keywords with the objects in each location to complete the scene, unravel our heroine's memory, and learn the truth about her identity. Discover the compelling hidden object fun hidden in the Tarot cards in Three Cards to Midnight today! System Requirements
- Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista
- 600 MHz Pentium 3 or equivalent
- 256MB RAM
- DirectX 9.0

Posted By: anne2

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:38 PM

Thanks Perry, think I will also wait for Secret File 2

wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:42 PM

sad mad Thanks everyone for letting us know. You just saved me $20.00. I was looking forward to it being a good murder mystery to solve. How can there be 8 different endings? Is there speech in the game? If this game is as bad as those who have posted what they saw at gamehouse, than big finish may have just had a big finish to their loyalty of customers that trusted them to produce a great game.

EDIT..........
Do I understand no animation? no interaction with objects?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 03:59 PM

Well, I'm looking forward to the game, as I believed I had a pretty good idea of what the game was like, prior to its release today, and it sounds like a highly polished version of the kind of games that entertain me on Big Fish. It's too early to be sure, but I also believe that after some of us have played it, we will feel that the discussion of it belongs in the casual-game section of GameBoomers.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Tried to download the demo from Gamehouse but it wouldn't download.
Richard

I had the problem earlier but it is working now.
Posted By: lily.bart

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:15 PM

Quote:
Do I understand no animation? no interaction with objects?

yes, Sherryah , that is correct.
Plays like a casual hidden object game. No first or third person perspective. Lots of cut scenes. Think associating objects with words instead of finding hidden objects. Don't get me started on the puzzles...
And although I surpass the min requirements by a longshot, it plays very poorly on my computer.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:17 PM

BellaRosa, How did you get it to download I just tried again but no go. Thanks
Richard

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:23 PM

Well, this seems to be happening fairly frequently lately.

I'm moving this thread to the Casual game forum, since it seems to be more Casual than Adventure.

Perry-Rhodan -- deep, cleansing breaths! Picture yourself on a beach. The ocean waves lap the shore. You hear seagulls calling mournfully in the distance. Calm, calm, calm...

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:24 PM

I have just been trying intermittently.

About 6 times in a row I got a network error message telling me to make sure I am connected to the internet-
Is that the message you are getting?

Anyway - I just tried again and now it has worked- I did not do anything differently.

Posted By: MaG

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:28 PM

Perry,

I'm confused - correct me if I'm wrong.
Didn't you beta this game based on a previous posting? So you are familiar with the game already, right?
Then you bought the final version.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 04:39 PM

MaG it was before about the beta two days ago but it was deleted .

Now i was talking about the full version i bought the game .

Yes i thought from what pepole posted here that the full version might be something else more adventure game . So i said lets buy it and see .

Yep it was a mistake .
Posted By: birddog

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reveiw, Perry. You saved me $20. I am sorry you had to go through this, but you sure helped a lot of us out.
And I was really, really looking forward to this.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 05:36 PM

Perry was right about the game. I downloaded it to my laptop and was it ever a mistake. The game played good but I didn't like it at all. If your thinking about buying it play the demo first. It sure isn't an adventure game, more like a HOG. I've played a lot of HOG games but nothing like this. Played about 15 min and deleted it. You have to match up words like (top) and click on the laptop pc in the picture. That's just my opinion of this game and sure wouldn't buy it. I'm not saying don't buy it just try the demo first to see if you like it. Maybe you will like it. Thanks
Richard shame

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 05:37 PM

Not sure why you would not purchase based on one opinion birddog, but you can play an hour free when you download at GameHouse and form your own opinion.

Ana

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 05:40 PM

I like this game. The graphics are gorgeous and I love the movie style story as you go.

This is definitley a Hidden object style game.

My only complaint so far is it does not play full screen so have to squint a bit to see some items which is a bit of a pain - but my eyeseight is not the best so maybe not a great judge there.
Also I cannot see how to turn the music off but it has not bothered me so far.

Beautiful HO game.
The twist as probably those that read about the game know is that instead of finding a straight list you find objects connected to a group of words which is something a bit different.

Thumbs up from me and glad I bought it.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 06:14 PM

Bella, does the game have speech? So the game has video also
to move the story along? I don't mind it being Hog, but is it interactive hog where we use the objects we find?

I can't download from Gamehouse because they use the same installer as realarcade. So I have to wait to see the demo elsewhere. Thanks in advance whoever answers the question. Glad you think you got your money's worth Bella and got it up and running.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 08:16 PM

We just posted an interview with the developers of 3 Cards to Midnight, Chris Jones and Aaron Conners. Have a look here.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 08:32 PM

Thanks Becky!
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 08:56 PM

Is this a game that is likely to come to BigFish?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 10:47 PM

It's early days yet. I haven't heard anything about the likelihood of the game coming to BigFish, so I don't have anything to tell you. blush

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 10:50 PM

Whether or not the game makes it to Big Fish may well depend on whether or not Three Cards to Midnight has been given to Gamehouse as an exclusive; if I recall correctly, Real Arcade/Gamehouse and Big Fish do not see eye to eye and I have read that Real Arcade/Gamehouse hold a grudge toward Big Fish, unfortunately.

If I see anything on the Big Fish forums telling us whether or not the game will end up there, I will post here. I am certainly hoping that Big Fish will get the game, as well.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/07/09 11:08 PM

Yes it certainly does have speech Sherryah smile The story part which is quite extensive is like watching a movie.

It does not appear to be interactive. I only just really started so I will let you know if there is more to it as I go along. The charm of the game is the story and the word matching to find the objects.
There are 3 difficulties you can choose to play, the easiest gives you more hints and you have less items to find. As well as hints there are only a certain amount of "misses" allowed.
I am playing the medium difficulty.

After you find all the objects that match your word you are given another part of the story. As well as searching for the objects you play a puzzle after each scene.

So far the real difficiult part for me is seeing everything as I mentioned earlier the game area you play does not fill my screen so some objects are a bit small to see for me and I find myself leaning forward squinting at the screen to make out everything.
Apart from that the game, as Marian mentioned earlier is highly polished and extremely professionally made.

I do hope this game comes to Big Fish so all HOG fans can get to demo it to see if it is for them.

Becky, thanks for posting the interview smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 12:05 AM

So it is the same game....Ahhhh! Well now I know and I'm glad as I was quite confused earlier. Anyway, the game, in my opinion, is not as bad as some have said. Yes if you thought it was an adventure and that's what you expected it is a big disappointment. But if you know it's really a HOG with a twist, then it's a pretty darn good game. I have not gotten that far in either as I only beta tested and you still only get an hour with RA, however, I liked what I saw. It is not your typical HOG and Sherryah, I don't think it's really interactive, at least it hasn't been yet, but the graphics are great and I love the story. That's what keeps me wanting more. I like the different twist to the HO. It's different and can be a bit challenging trying to find the objects that fit the word. So you have a word say key then you have to find objects that have key either in the front or the back, i.e. keychain. There are 3 modes and of course I played the easy mode when I tested it so probably will do the medium level when I buy it, and I will buy it. It really isn't a bad game for a HOG. Just different.
Barbara.
Posted By: abby

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 12:11 AM

does anyone know if there will be a walkthrough out for this game?thank you!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 12:13 AM

Keep an eye out at GameZebo for a walkthrough. I'm sure they will be doing one at some point.

Ana wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 01:00 AM

Glad you also enjoy it Barbara, I was feeling alone here.

The easy mode is probably not a bad place to start first time playing though medium is not too bad. I am using all my hints to find the items though.
Sometimes you kick yourself not getting the item, other times I would have had no idea LOL

After you play each chapter you get a rating based on if you used hints or skipped puzzles. I have not had to skip puzzles but as I have used all my hints - so far I am only getting 3 star rating.
The puzzles have been enjoyable. Not difficult but you have to think.
If you want you can replay the chapter to try for a better score. Your rating is what determines the ending you get.

The story is so intriguing, I love story based games. You can skip the story parts if you want.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 01:58 AM

Yes BellaRosa I am enjoying it and you are certainly not alone. I'm doing the same as you. I haven't skipped any puzzles either, yet, but I am using all of my hints. Your right I get so mad at myself for not knowing something. I am really enjoying this game and I really hope that others will at least give the demo a try. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing. I probably won't get back really into it until tomorrow after work when I will have the time to stay up late and really play. I'll let you know how I'm doing then.
Barbara

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:12 AM

wave Hi Sly and Bella, Ok now I am excited about the game again. I certainly will give it a try once I can download other than gamehouse. Like I said they use the RealArcade downloader and it doesn't work on my computer. I am still counting down the hours again when big finish will have it on their site or another site other than Gamehouse. Have fun ! bravo

EDIT............
Oh no! Big Finish is selling it but doesn't say anything about giving a demo first. I don't know if I want to spend $20.00 without at least playing a demo. Does anyone else know where a demo can be found besides Gamehouse?
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:27 AM

I purchased the game but don't know how to download it! Can anyone help me please?

Got the email from paypal but no instructions with it like it said there would be. duh

Thanks to anyone for there help in advance!

Lori wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:41 AM

Hmmm Lori, did you check your junk/spam folder to see if the instructions ended up there?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:42 AM

Hi Lori -- how's the weather in Rupert? grin

I just purchased it from Big Finish, and I checked my email shortly after the purchase, and there was a Paypal email that contained the receipt, but also an email from Big Finish Games with instructions for downloading. If you didn't get both emails, you could post in their forum here.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:45 AM

Not in there!

Very confused! duh Can't find a download link or anything!

Lori wave
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:48 AM

This is only the second of these "Casual" things Ive tried. The first one (CSI NY) kept my interest for about 10 minutes, I just couldnt believe how bad it was and this one, which I`d been looking forward to, I managed about 30mins. I really wanted to like this but there`s just nothing there. Some of the gfx are difficult to make out what they are, which I would have thought was essential seeing as you have to match them up to words and some of the `phrases` might make sense in America but they don`t travel - sugar pea? Really? The two game makers behind this are really talented blokes and it`s a crying shame they are wasting their talents in the casual arena. Having said that I hope they make lots of money so they can get back into proper Adventure gaming.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:50 AM

Hi Becky weather is not good, very windy and just not being nice! smirk

I didn't get an email from Big Finish will go there now! praise

Thanks
Lori wave
Posted By: Snatcher42

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: mj2c
sugar pea? Really?

I'd imagine this one is "sweet pea"?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 05:06 AM

AdventureGamers has posted a review of the game:

Three Cards to Midnight/Review

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 05:49 AM

This game is getting tougher. Finding the objects more tricky, some of the phrases I have never heard of and some are quite cryptic.
The puzzles are also getting harder and I have skipped a couple now.
Kind of wish I started on easy - it said easy was for children and people that were not so good at english LOL- guess thats me.
Would not have thought this was a kids game though.

Look forward to hearing how you go Barbara and anyone else playing smile
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight -- Update: Release Lift-off on May 7th (05-07-09) - 05/08/09 08:00 AM

Why is this in casual games, surely its an adventure game?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 10:53 AM

Hi Sherryah

From what I can tell of the websites I have visited, RA and GamesHouse are the only ones with a demo at the moment.

As it is a 204mb download, I wonder if BigFish would even have a trial if they get the game? I know they had a special demo version for CSI done- I am not sure what their limit is of classing a game "large file".

If I hear of any other sites with a demo I will be sure to let you know.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 11:13 AM

Skeeter -- after the members started playing it, the determination was made that it is more a casual game than an adventure game, so it was moved to the Casual forum.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Snatcher42
sugar pea? Really?

I'd imagine this one is "sweet pea"?

Sugar peas are otherwise known as snap peas or full term of sugar snap peas. It is a correct term.

Ana wave
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 11:42 AM

Yesterday I played the demo and I didn't find the game particularly compelling.

The good things about it were the audio production quality and the Tarot cards design - mainly the atmosphere they're able to conjure up together with some Twilight Zone references and mechanics. The storyline didn't seem too bad as well.

However, the backgrounds filled with hidden and non-hidden objects don't really have much artistic value to them - they were photoshopped in low resolution in a manner that is often barely functional for the gameplay. They must have been put together in quite a rush.

The word association puzzles lack a real game designer's touch. They seem to have been randomly taken out of a dictionary. Possibly because the usual HOG audience doesn't expect anything more anyway. To me, guessing these unrelated word connections brings little satisfaction, only the revealed story bits keep me playing.

The game is not bad - it's just very modest and simple in its design. Hopefully things change further in.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Sugar peas are otherwise known as snap peas or full term of sugar snap peas. It is a correct term.
Ana wave

That`s my point. It might be a US term but it isn`t outside - certainly not in the UK anyway. I`ve never heard of it and now that you`ve explained it I`m still none the wiser.
Posted By: Kate

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:09 PM

I need help with the Runes puzzle in the first chapter.

Anybody?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:13 PM

I had heard of snap pea (I am in Australia) - though it never occured to me that was a pea on the table there but I had never heard of some things- a couple of examples I just think of offhand

Click to reveal..
moon melon
bell curve

At least we had hints I guess otherwise I still be there scratching my head on some of these LOL
Fun and challening game that is for sure smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:15 PM

Hi Kate,
Yes I can help with runes puzzle chapter 1.

The solution is

Click to reveal..
They Know! All depends on you. Get out.

rotate the runes to state that.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:26 PM

Ah, so what is a snap pea? A sweet? Peapod?

And how do you do that Warning, Spoiler thing?
Posted By: Kate

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:28 PM

Thank you Bella Rosa... smile
I will be back if I need help.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:41 PM

Hi mjc2

Snap pea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snap_pea

To do the spoiler tags

type [*spoiler]insert spoiler text here[*/spoiler] omitting the *

otherwise click on the megaphone looking thingo at the top of the reply bar and insert your text between those tags.

Are you enjoying the game now you have played more?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 02:48 PM

Thanks Bellarosa, you learn something new everyday. I just know them as peapods never heard of snap peas or sugar peas.

Click to reveal..
It works!!

Thanks for the Spoiler info as well.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 03:51 PM

Mj2c, the terms "snap pea" and "sugar pea" may be more regional--I grew up with those terms in the south.

Glad you figured out the spoilers wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 05:03 PM

I cannot for the life of me get gamehouse to download the trial for me. I have the same problem with realarcade. They both use Realarcade download manager. I have Vista 32 please Bella, and others who have succeeded in downloading from Gamehouse for this game, or any other Gamehouse game, please tell me what Firewall you are using? What VP you are using? Even when I disable my firewall I still can't get it downloaded, it says I am not connected to the internet and I know that I am. I really want to try out the game. Thanks in advance. I am using Comodo Firewall free one, and Avast VP.

EDIT.................
I tried to DL this using Firefox and IE 7. Just now I finally got to a form that said do you agree to these rules? I went to click on agree, but nothing happens, everything just hangs there. I finally cancel out and another form from Gamehouse asks me to take a survey on what the problem was I canceled my DL. Again when I type the problem and hit submit, nothing happens, it just hangs there. That is why I will use whatever FW and VP whoever is successful in DL from Gamehouse and has Vista 32. Thanks again for listening to my rant.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 06:48 PM

Hi sherryah,
sorry you are having so much trouble, I can see you really want to try this game and I wish I could help but have no answer.
I have XP on my desktop and what I use to download from Gamehouse and do not get all these popup surveys you mention.

I never had problems until yesterday downloading this game but after a while all was ok.

I am sorry I am no help- mabe the technical forums here can help you??

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 10:04 PM

Ok maybe this is only a vista problem. Thanks anyway Bella. I may have to wait for BFG to get it, thats ok too. Lots of new games out there right now and coming up. Its because of you and Sly's review that made me want to try it. Only by trying it myself will I know.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 10:29 PM

Sherryah I have the same trouble you are having downloading the demo, but I get a error message. Couldn't get it to download in my desktop xp pc but didn't have any trouble downloading it on my laptop that's about four yrs. old. Go figure.
Richard

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/08/09 10:41 PM

Thanks Richard for letting me know. wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:28 AM

Hi Sherryah and BellaRosa. Sherryah I am also very sorry that your having such a hard time. I actually didn't have any trouble at all downloading and I have XP and use MacFee (yes I still have it). Hopefully BFG will get it and you will be able to try it. BellaRosa, I am glad that I stuck to easy. I will play again on the other modes (probably), but your right, it is getting tougher. The only difference really on easy is that you get more hints and you don't have to find all of the items. I still like it though. I really don't believe it's as bad as everyone thinks, but to each her/his own. That's what makes the world go round. I also agree with you.....I don't think this is for kids either, although I must admit there are some kids out there that are much better at the computer and computer games than I am so I guess I can't say it's not for all kids. : ) I'm struggling along but really still enjoying it. I'll keep you posted.
Barbara
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 07:56 AM

Having trouble with the second rune puzzle. Can someone post the riddle solution?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Ana wave

That`s my point. It might be a US term but it isn`t outside - certainly not in the UK anyway. I`ve never heard of it and now that you`ve explained it I`m still none the wiser.

Hi mj2c, in the UK sugar peas are known as mangetout!
Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 10:01 AM

Well most ppl in the UK would call em peas in a pod as I've never heard of mangetout before you said it lol.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 11:20 AM

Mangetout is a variety of 'peas in a pod' where the pod is edible. They have a flattened appearance as the seeds inside are very small. You can easily buy mangetout in large supermarkets but possibly only when they're in season! In the UK a much less common term is sugar pea but it is possible that the term sugar pea in NA may refer to 'peas in a pod'! lol

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 02:18 PM

chrissie, sugar peas are quite round, not at all flat. That is what sets them apart. We eat them raw or just slightly cooked so that they snap when you bite in.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveHT
Having trouble with the second rune puzzle. Can someone post the riddle solution?

Hi Dave

This is one I skipped my first time through the game, this and the spot the difference puzzle which I could only find 11 differences- did you get through that one?

I am replaying the game again and will give this puzzle another go.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 03:47 PM

Thanks Ana! - It sound like another variation of 'peas' that I haven't come across yet (certainly sugar peas in the UK are the equivalent of flat mangetout) - so are they a variation of 'peas in a pod' that you eat whole? or maybe it's a way of eating peas in a pod that we don't do in the UK? smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 04:27 PM

That is the only way you eat them. They are delicious. I do not eat regular peas, but sugar snaps are not bitter and have a crisp bite. Too bad you can't try them, they are very tasty veggie.

Ana wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:02 PM

Thank you Ana, I'm going to look out for those because I'm sure that they must be available in larger foodshops & I just haven't seen them yet! I love eating most vegetables especially fresh ones! smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: chrissie

I`m from the UK and you would only say mangetout if you`re posh;-)
Pea-pods or peas in a pod (as s1 said) is what I know them as.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:11 PM

Well since this has evolved into a discussion about peas smile - another in the game is coat pea or pea coat- anyone heard of that?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:15 PM

not me:-)

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:24 PM

No- so when you have the clue coat- who would never think to click on a pea? LOL
I adore this game but sometimes frustrating when you get things like that come up.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:28 PM

A pea coat is a navy issued blue wool coat. Both US and European.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 05:34 PM

ahh ok - thanks Ana

I never heard of it and never would have -
I think because it touts losing points for using hints - some of us spend time searching for stuff we are never going to get. Since the game is localised with many terms - I am storing this new general knowledge smile

And now I do not need to look in the grocer shop for coat peas LOL

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Sly One
Hi Sherryah and BellaRosa. Sherryah I am also very sorry that your having such a hard time. I actually didn't have any trouble at all downloading and I have XP and use MacFee (yes I still have it). Hopefully BFG will get it and you will be able to try it. BellaRosa, I am glad that I stuck to easy. I will play again on the other modes (probably), but your right, it is getting tougher. The only difference really on easy is that you get more hints and you don't have to find all of the items. I still like it though. I really don't believe it's as bad as everyone thinks, but to each her/his own. That's what makes the world go round. I also agree with you.....I don't think this is for kids either, although I must admit there are some kids out there that are much better at the computer and computer games than I am so I guess I can't say it's not for all kids. : ) I'm struggling along but really still enjoying it. I'll keep you posted.
Barbara

Hopefullly you go ok- I finished it but skipped a few things and had to still use all hints. I am playing through a second time and I am going to stick to medium as I guess I should know the terms I had trouble with in first run trhough- also spend more time on the puzzles I skipped. I was so eager for the story I probably skipped some I could work out if I spent more time on- but we will see...
I am actually looking forward to that now and to trying the hardest level which promises all new objects.

This is now my favourite game this year so far smile

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: chrissie

I`m from the UK and you would only say mangetout if you`re posh;-)
Pea-pods or peas in a pod (as s1 said) is what I know them as.

Hi mj2c, mangetout is not a 'posh' term & exactly what it is called if you care to look in the fruit & veg areas of large supermarkets - you also might be able to find them in the frozen food department - if not exclusively on their own most definitely in vegetable mixes especially stir fries! They are different from peas in a pod that you have to 'shell' to use the peas - as I've said they are flatter & you cook them whole! There's also probably a whole lot of other vegetables you've never heard of in the fruit & veg department worth looking at incase they turn up in a future HOG! lol

Here's a link:
Tesco

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 06:15 PM

Rats... That is all right. Thanks for trying.

Anyone else, please charm in for the second rune stone puzzle?

Dave

Originally Posted By: BellaRosa

Hi Dave

This is one I skipped my first time through the game, this and the spot the difference puzzle which I could only find 11 differences- did you get through that one?

I am replaying the game again and will give this puzzle another go.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 07:00 PM

Why don't we just steam the mangetout - sugar snap peas; add some butter and enjoy.
It's nice to know new words. Even in the US, some terms in the north are not used in the south and vice versa.

New information! yay

Now back to regular programming!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 08:29 PM

oops I overcooked them! But I will just say that there has been a lot of 'local' terminology used for objects in HOGs that are unfamiliar to me but I've learnt a lot through the hint systems in them & have found it more interesting than hampering! grin

I've been following the threads on 3 cards to midnight in the AG forum & can't help feeling disappointed that an anticipated Adventure Game that has now been released is actually a Casual game. In the context of that, & after reading the comments here it sounds interesting but unless it gets to a site like Bigfish I'm afraid I won't be bothering.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/09/09 09:22 PM

Have to agree there. It`s a bit like the anticipated CSI:NY. The previous CSIs were never brilliant but they were playable. When CSI:NY turned out to be nothing more than a HOG, and a full priced HOG at that, then people were justifiably miffed. I nearly spilled my mangetout when I saw it:-)

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 04:19 AM

Dave

Dave
I found the solution posted in the gamezebo forum

Click to reveal..
Who is the doll prince or pawn? Nip & pare source to hold back the dawn.

LOL pretty obscure!

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 05:22 AM

Double rats...

I flipped the "punctuation" symbol around.

Click to reveal..

I flipped the "&" symbol.

Crikey! frown

The message still makes no sense to me!

What does it mean?

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 05:23 AM

Don't know - the ramblings of a mad man apparantly LOL

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 05:37 AM

Actually, an update to the second rune puzzle.

The Gamezebo solution suggested by BellaRosa does not work. frown

I tried it out, even making sure the orientation of the letters are correct (since some letters are rotationally symmetic), but the screen would not proceed...

What gives? Can someone verify?
Posted By: gaily

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BellaRosa

Dave

Dave
I found the solution posted in the gamezebo forum

Click to reveal..
Who is the doll prince or pawn? Nip & dare socrue to hold back the [blip].
(The & is a 3 with a slash)

LOL pretty obscure!
It should read: Nip & dare source to hold back the "dawn"

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/10/09 06:36 AM

It is actually Pare also not dare - and the & is a backward 3.

I will edit my post with the correct solution smile

note: I just tried it and it worked here.

edit further: To avoid complete confusion you can look at this screenshot of the solution by lizziek

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214...unesmessage.jpg

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 01:00 AM

Good job, BellaRosa.

I need to go back to school and retake my English literature...

Perhaps then I will understand the meaning of the message wink

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 05:36 AM

Hi Dave

Well at least it makes a bit more sense then the original solution posted at gamezebo.
The guy that posted it said he was doing the walkthrough for gamezebo so thought he was reliable source.
Always test yourself first is the lesson learned smile

Anyway I think it would have taken me many many hours to come up with that combination of words in that rune puzzle so glad that lizziek posted the correct solution for future reference smile

Also there is a patch out at the official site for this game and many people reporting glitches in their game if they do not do the scenes and puzzles in a particular order.
As I got my game from Gameshouse I cannot use the new exe there to see if it makes any difference to gameplay.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 04:41 PM

Someone has led me astray! Just ordered it, waiting for download instructions

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 10:09 PM

Some new information about 3 Cards to Midnight:

Quote:
1: There is a patch available at http://www.bigfinishgames.com/news/ but it's ONLY for people who downloaded the game from the Big Finish site - not from Real Arcade, Game House on any other site.

2: If anyone has purchased the game from http://www.bigfinishgames.com/ and hasn't received an email from Big Finish, please send a message to bigfinishgames.support@gmail.com and we'll resend the email. This is due to a glitch with PayPal.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 10:30 PM

Thanks Becky!

Ana wave
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/11/09 11:52 PM

If anyone is interested there is now a walkthrough posted at Gamezebo.
Kim

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/12/09 12:59 AM

Thanks - he still has the same mistakes in his second rune puzzle solution for some reason.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/13/09 09:04 AM

There seems to be a pacuity of reviews of this game on the net. I wonder if this is because many sites are categorizing it to be just another HOG.

Anyhow, both Adventure Classic Gaming and Just Adventure have just posted their reviews of it. Both are fairly favorable (more so by JA than ACG):

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/reviews/488/

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/ThreeCards/ThreeCards.shtm

(don't forget the review at Adventure Gamers that was previously mentioned too!)

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/13/09 07:11 PM

This is just my opinion, but I finally got the game to download and only got to the first room to realize in my opinion the game was hyped up advertising. I found the game so boring, and the music quickly got on my nerves.

The objects are so tiny and not clear many times. I could say more, but after waiting for a year following the hype advertising of the game, I am so totally disappointed.

I wondered if some of the reviewers here were too harsh with their reviews, so I wanted to see for myself. I agree with them, it wasn't worth the money and it would have been free for me with a game credit from Real Arcade. That means its free for me and I only have 5 days to spend my credits,and yet I still don't want the game. I quickly uninstalled the game. I am not going to bore you with all the reasons I hated the game there are too many.

I really was excited about the game because my old time favorite games were Tex Murphy series. To know that the same talented men who designed that game did this one is surprising. I really hope that Big Finish games will resurrect Tex Murphy again, because I for one would without a doubt buy it.
Posted By: mel22odie

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/14/09 02:22 AM

Just finished the game for the second time. I think that it is an excellent game and not just another HOG. The game makes you think.I found it was more interesting than many adventure games that I have played.I couldn't wait to get back to see what was next. In order to choose different cards at the end, you need to play the game over again. In my opinion, it is interesting enough to do so. Am looking forward to their next game what ever it may be. Mel22odie
Posted By: Bruce Fielder

Anyone played Three Cards after Midnight yet? - 05/14/09 01:41 PM

Now that the game is available via download, has any GB played it yet? Any input appreciated! Thanks,

Re: Anyone played Three Cards after Midnight yet? - 05/14/09 01:44 PM

Bruce, I moved you to the Casual Forum. I think this thread will answer your questions.

Ana wave

Re: Anyone played Three Cards after Midnight yet? - 05/14/09 02:05 PM

I enjoyed the game a lot. And just like "Mel20odie" said, i really don´t see this is as "another" HO-game. Beside that: The game delivers exactly what i can´t find in a lot of "real" adventuregames: Great storytelling and i found the whole concept of the game to be extremely captivating. And while i´m rather a fan of traditional adventure-gameplay i have to say that the circumstance that every element is woven into the next one so organically, really gave me a great gaming experience in the end. I´m glad to see there are such talented writers like Aaron Conners, and i surely think the adventure world would need more of them, or at least more belivers in their philosophy- concerning story-telling in computer games. Despite that i really hope that this new model of a story-game can shake some things up on the casual market, and we´ll see more of it. A big THANK YOU to AC and CJ for doing a great job once again! praise
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/14/09 06:52 PM

Is there a walkthrough other than this one? http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/LizzieK_photos/3%20Cards%20to%20Midnight/ most of the time the items it shows are not on my screen. And the items I do find are not on those screen captures.

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/14/09 06:54 PM

Did you try This one?

Ana wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/14/09 07:07 PM

Thanks.

I thought I found a bug, after a room in chapter 3, I didn't geta chance to do the puzzle but after I finished all the rooms the puzzle came up anyway.

Posted By: JennyP

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/15/09 01:17 PM

The only moan I have is a lot of the keywords are USA based. We don't have a Columbus day in the UK, never heard of it....

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/15/09 04:26 PM

Why ever not? lol

It's the day we (well, most of us) Americans celebrate Christopher Columbus discovering America. grin wave

Re: Countdown to 3 Cards to Midnight - 05/18/09 05:18 PM

Well I played it through after moaning about is earlier on. It has some big flaws - Cant make out what some of the images are, a lot of the phrases seem to be Americocentric (Is there such a word? There is now;-)) and make no sense to a UK player. Having said that, what drove me on was the story which I thought was excellent. It`s just a bit of a shame that it wasn`t told in a proper adventure game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community