GB HOMEPAGE

Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game....

Posted By: linda333

Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/18/09 10:15 PM

I just downloaded this game for the 1 hour trial period. I had to leave and when I came back to the game I had to start all over...doesn't this game save your progress or only saved at certain points in the game? Thanks...
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/18/09 10:30 PM

I had to leave it a few times while I was playing the first hour and it saved where I left off. It also saves during the game after you buy it at any point. (At least it has for me.)
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 01:29 AM

I play in little spurts and always come back to where I left off.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: linda333
I just downloaded this game for the 1 hour trial period. I had to leave and when I came back to the game I had to start all over...doesn't this game save your progress or only saved at certain points in the game? Thanks...

I had a similar problem with Mushroom Age on a Vista laptop.
My solution: I made a shortcut directly to the game's executable file and put it on the desktop. When I wanted to play, I'd right-click the shortcut and choose Run as Administrator. Then it would save properly. I forget where the game's executable was located, but I found the game folder with a Windows search and from there it wasn't too hard to figure out which file was the executable.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 01:43 AM

Thanks....may have to give that a go.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 08:52 AM

I have Vista and I haven't had any saving problem. YIKES if I do but at least I will know what to do if it happens. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: acornia

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 12:07 PM

have had to start over on games where played the whole trial time and game shutdown. Usually try to exit at least once so some progress is saved. Also on this one save points seem to occur when you have completed a scene so have started a few scenes over
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 05:35 PM

Did you guys with save problems write BFG so they are aware of the problem and hopefully, a solution can be worked out?

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 11:30 PM

OK, now I'm angry! I completed two mysteries, had one more to go. I went to play the last one and POOF. The game froze. I rebooted and now I'm coming in at the beginning. I lost all my progress! ! !

If I start over will it happen again? I guess I have to write Big Fish... but I liked the game. I am afraid if I restart it, it will lose my progress again and I can't play the whole game at one sitting.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/19/09 11:37 PM

Ohhhh NYLady, that is awful! Do you have Vista or XP?

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 01:04 AM

Vista. Is anyone else having a problem?
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 02:29 AM

I have Vista and no problem with the game it save when I shut it down.
Posted By: puzzlefiend

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:20 AM

I am also having trouble with saving. I was quite far into the game and when I went to play again after shutting down, I had to start from the beginning with a new profile. Annoying!
Posted By: linward

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 09:55 AM

I got angry yesterday, this is the second time it happened to me. First time I was only a little way into the game, but yesterday I was 95% finished, and it froze. When I went back, I had lost all of my progress, and profile was deleted.
I have enjoyed this game, but was so frustrated yesterday. I refuse to go back and try to play again frown
I have sent to BFG support, I am sure they will do something when they realise that a lot are having the same problem .
Shame, because its a good game
Lin
Posted By: dorish

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 12:13 PM

`I also had problems with Midnight mysteries. I quit the game once, then when I came back to it I had to start over again. then I had to quit again and same thing happened. It said something about profile had been corrupted. So yesterday,I started again for the third time, and played right through to the end. I did not have any problems with freezing though.

Doreen
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 12:29 PM

There are lots of players on BF having the same problem, I am sure that it will be addressed by BigFish soon. In the meantime, be sure that you are reporting it to their Customer Service dept.

Ana wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 03:07 PM

I also had the corrupted profile & was almost to the end. I like the game however.
Posted By: Linds

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:11 PM

I am having trouble too. I froze once and when I restarted I got a access error about one third through the game.
Can someone tell me how to contact Big Fish Support?
I can't seem to find it (DUH) on their site.
Thanks,
Susan
Posted By: MaG

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:16 PM

Susan,

There's 'help' at bottom of the pages.
It links to support.
Then there is a contact link at bottom left to get support report.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:18 PM

Thank you MaG.
Susan

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:23 PM

The Support direct links are also located in the stickied thread Here on GameBoomers.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/20/09 07:30 PM

Thanks Ana,
Susan
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/21/09 05:51 PM

Has anyone heard from BF yet about our problems? I haven't and new problems come along. I still think they're great.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 03:55 PM

Has anyone heard if this game is being fixed?
Susan
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 04:20 PM

We have technical reports to the developer from some customers and are waiting for a new build from them.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 04:27 PM

Thank you BFG-Guy!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 05:06 PM

Thank you, BFG-Guy. I am waiting until a new build is released before I buy the game.

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 05:24 PM

yay I'll get it once the new build is in puppy

thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Saving in the Edgar Allen Poe Mystery game.... - 07/23/09 10:30 PM

Ok, thanks! Same problem!

I too was at the last case and today the game just wouldn't load - then when I tried again, no profile and back to the beginning.

I am running XP by the way, just in case it matters.

I will report this to BFG support.

Thanks! I had started a new post but you can delete it please?

Linda wave

**edit: I don't know if I did it right but I did tell BFG Support/Customer Service about the game crashing.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community