GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download, Retail and on BigFish!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download, Retail and on BigFish! - 08/25/09 01:26 PM

A Sanctuary for R & R turns into Sabotage as Her Interactive Launches Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger

Second Title in Casual Game Series Available Now Online & At Retail

yay You can download from BigFish Games here for 6.99 yay

Get the walkthrough Here on BigFish.

Quote:
Bellevue, WA, August 25, 2009 – As casual gameplay continues to take over mainstream gaming, Her Interactive, the designer, developer, and publisher of the award-winning Nancy Drew PC adventure games, today announced that the second title in the hit Nancy Drew Dossier series, Resorting to Danger is now available nationwide. Integrating easily accessible gameplay with a captivating theme, Resorting to Danger pits Nancy Drew against an ingenious criminal mind bent on destroying the reputation of the luxurious Redondo Spa.

“The response we have received from our fans to our new casual game series has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive. “The massive adoption of casual games by the mainstream audience – especially females – has really pushed the category in new directions, and our Nancy Drew Dossier series certainly caters to that audience through its gameplay accessibility, high production values and instant fun.”

In Resorting to Danger, players assume the role of Nancy Drew as she sets out to foil a saboteur determined to disrupt the Redondo Spa, a sanctuary for the rich and famous. Hired by the spa, Nancy goes undercover as a general assistant to unearth clues, interview suspects and solve daunting puzzles in order to determine who is planting bombs at the spa. With six alternate endings, players can tackle Resorting to Danger again and again from different approaches and scenarios.

Nancy Drew Dossier is a next-generation casual game series that combines the seek-and-find mechanic with a new level of compelling story-driven gameplay involving detective work, sophisticated interaction with clues and characters, brain-teasing puzzles, and arcade-style mini-games. Playing from the point of Nancy Drew, players find hidden clues and use their observation, deduction, and problem-solving skills to uncover culprits and schemes in an intriguing mystery.

Resorting to Danger is available now at retailers nationwide and for download online at www.HerInteractive.com for a suggested retail price of $19.99. For more information and to take a virtual tour of the Redondo Spa, visit www.ResortingtoDanger.com.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Posted By: Marian

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 12:04 AM

Gamezebo posted their review of the game today; for anyone wondering about the presence or absence of timed puzzles, this review will answer that question:

Resorting to Danger Review

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 12:16 AM

THanks Marian! Excellent review. yay

I really enjoy this series, it's a must have for me just like the original adventure series.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 05:04 AM

Me too, Ana, me too!! happydance
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 11:21 AM

I'm playing Resorting to Danger for the second time (trying to improve my score) and I think that it's a great addition to the Dossier series. thumbsup

Although I must admit that I had to resort to using Google for the last puzzle. grin

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 11:50 AM

lol Doesn't matter how you got it, as long as you did it. yay

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 05:49 PM

Trying to get the combination for the safe in the bedroom. What order do I put the circular disc in the puzzle. Thanks
I finally figured it out.
Richard
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 08:56 PM

I am trying to figure out the How Many Reeds part of the safe combination can anyone help.
Posted By: BFG-Guy

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 09:53 PM

Tomorrow on BFG!

bravo bravo

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 10:05 PM

WooHoo! Thanks BFG-Guy! That's great news! yay

Ana wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 10:07 PM

Yeah Big Fish yay happydance grin

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bitty Kitty
I am trying to figure out the How Many Reeds part of the safe combination can anyone help.

Bitty Kitty, I sent out an SOS for you. I have not played yet.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 10:44 PM

Bitty Kitty Do you still need help with the circular discs?
It isn't to hard, I remember a few of the discs,one is decade goes in the 10 spot. Just think of the discs as numbers. I don't remember all of them. Tell me the names of the discs and I will try to tell you the number.
Richard

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 11:12 PM

Quote:
I am trying to figure out the How Many Reeds part of the safe combination can anyone help

Hi Bitty Kitty!

Reeds with Rhythm

Click to reveal..
The clue is from the harmonica. too cool to play forever or 2, 2, 4

Have Fun!!

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 11:33 PM

thanks I finally figured it out by trying every combo of numbers from one to two hundred and twenty four. Let me tell you that dog Mr. Mingels is very annoying at times.

Kem
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/26/09 11:37 PM

counting down the hours until it is on BFG and then I can join in the Nancy Drew fun. Thank you BFG Guy!

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 12:47 AM

I finished the game a little while ago and really enjoyed it. The next one they will do is called Ship of Shadows and it looks really interesting.

Kem
Posted By: Margie

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 01:00 AM

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we will also have a walkthrough posted at Big Fish written by Prpldva as soon as the game is released in case anyone needs it.

Thanks, Margie B

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 01:05 AM

Thank you, Margie! happydance

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 01:08 AM

Thanks Margie! I'll have the links up early. yay

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 02:48 AM

Hi Bitty Kitty!
You're very welcome. I had to play it twice to get a high enough score to unlock the Special Credits. I still didn't see all of the other 5 endings.

Hmmm... think

Margie!
Do you think the walkthrough on Big Fish will give any tips on how to see any of the other 5 endings? wink

"Q"
Posted By: Robertson

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:50 AM

Thank you, BFG, for bringing this fine game to your $6.99 list!
Resorting to Danger features colorful and clear graphics, fine voice acting, interesting puzzles, good length and a fairly complex interface. You'll have motions you can select to: press, pull, turn, scratch, shake and others. A pairing approach is used, which is fun and effective. You'll scratch the nose of a guest, make tea, file papers and more. HInts are plentiful and the help sections are "helpful!" Background sounds and music contribute nicely. The story is interesting, with Ms. Drew charged with finding a bomber at the Redondo Spa. Variety of locations at the Spa, with accompanying map, is well done. Finally, in my one hour trial, I completed only 6 of 32 levels, suggesting at least a 4 hour game, which is nice. Hey, even being a 71 year old male, I really enjoy these Drew games!

Robertson
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:56 AM

Yah! I am downloading it now!

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 11:28 AM

walkthrough link added on first post.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 12:03 PM

happydance Yippee!

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 04:38 PM

The dropped phone call is just to fast for me. By the time I get done reading it and looking where it goes I get dropped. Well anyway I got half way through the game. The walk through didn't help me at all on this part.
Richard

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 05:00 PM

kjos, if I can figure out a way to get a saved game when I play, I'll let you know. Sorry you are stuck. Is there no skip for that puzzle?

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 05:19 PM

I sure wish there was a skip in the game. Thanks so much Ana. I really like the game. I can't be the only one having trouble with this part. I bet you can do it.
Richard
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 06:32 PM

It took me about 10 attempts to get through the telephone. You always get the same calls so after a while you just learn where they go.

I would have liked a skip for the letter finding puzzle- that was the only puzzle I did not like in the game- everything else was excellent.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 06:35 PM

The walkthrough states where each question goes, If we make an easier key word cheat sheet do you think it would help? Are the choices always the same order on the grid? If so I can make something that would make it easier.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 07:26 PM

Ana if the choices are always the same a better cheat sheet would help a lot. Went back and checked the first call and it always different.
Richard

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 08:01 PM

No they come in a different order each time, you really just have to learn what goes where and quickly automatically put it to the right place when the call comes in.

You could do a list though of the different rooms and their services to make it easier

eg:
Salon- haircuts, manicures
Zen Room - list their treatments etc
Office - Nick, customer enquiries

Thats all I can think of to make it easier for people

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:18 PM

Kjos, I am working on something that may help. Stay tuned.

Thanks Bella, I am concerned about the switchboard buttons staying the same, not the order of the calls. I'll make a picture and you guys can tell me if it'll help. Since I have not played yet, I can only guess. Be back in a little bit.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:27 PM

Thanks Ana how can you do anything without playing the game. You must be quite a lady.
Richard

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:36 PM

Okay, see if this helps: Key words at a glance

(credit for the photo and the sentences to get the key words go to the wonderful folks at BigFish, I just put them together.)

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:38 PM

Thanks Ana I printed out a copy and will give it a try.
Richard

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:40 PM

Fingers crossed!

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 10:53 PM

**** Six Endings ****

Six alternate endings are available based on who you choose as a suspect at Chapter 22 Who Could It Be Now.

If you're like me and don't want to play the game 6 times to see all the endings, here's a little cheat.

If you are playing using XP, go to My Documents\Resorting to Danger. You should see your game file as whomever.HiRED. You should also see a file called hippocratesbell.HiRED. Start a new game as hippocratesbell. Your display name for the game should be hippocratesbell 1. When you start the game you are at the beginning of Chapter 22 Who Could It Be Now - ready to select a suspect.

Worked for me - and I hope it works for you.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/27/09 11:03 PM

Thanks Q! yay

Ana wave
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 12:16 AM

I also got this game today. I didn't even bother with the one hour trial....went right to the purchase. I think the graphics are great but the most outstanding are the voices...whoever is doing the spoiled witches (did I spell it right), has really gotten the whining down very well. I will enjoy this game a lot and many thanks to BFG for getting it so promptly.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: qadventuregames
**** Six Endings ****

Six alternate endings are available based on who you choose as a suspect at Chapter 22 Who Could It Be Now.

If you're like me and don't want to play the game 6 times to see all the endings, here's a little cheat.

If you are playing using XP, go to My Documents\Resorting to Danger. You should see your game file as whomever.HiRED. You should also see a file called hippocratesbell.HiRED. Start a new game as hippocratesbell. Your display name for the game should be hippocratesbell 1. When you start the game you are at the beginning of Chapter 22 Who Could It Be Now - ready to select a suspect.

Worked for me - and I hope it works for you.

"Q"

Thanks thats a great tip. I finished the game so have had one ending and just started again- but doubt I want to play it 6 times in a row LOL so thanks again!

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:35 AM

Hi BellaRosa!

You are very welcome!!

"Q"
Posted By: ramona

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 03:01 AM

I am downloading right now. From the comments, this looks like one evryone is enjoying. Glad I saved my credit.
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:04 PM

This game is a lot more like traditional ND games and I liked it much better than the first casual game. The puzzles were not difficult and the storyline and graphics are much improved over HI's first attempt at casual.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:26 PM

Kootsie, Stay Tuned for Danger was a regular adventure game, not a casual game.

This is the second Nancy Drew casual game (the Dossier series) and the first one was Lights, camera, Curses.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:29 PM

Oops lol I just changed it! Thanks Ana! too many games, too little time smile

BTW Ana - im wondering if the alternate endings help you gave is available in Vista. I found the two files you mentioned and I opened a new game with the name you suggested but my new game opens at the very beginning. shocked

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:41 PM

Sorry kootsie, that was qadventuregames, I have not yet started the game.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:43 PM

O my...Im so out of it this morning...sorry for all the errors..."fumbles around for coffee cup".

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 01:51 PM

lol no problem! I'm sure Q wil check in and answer your question soon.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 02:29 PM

Hi Ana still working on the phone puzzle, between playing other games. Thanks
Richard

Re: Giveaway - Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger - Giveaway - 08/28/09 02:39 PM

You can get Lights, Camera, Curses here.

There is no trial period though, it was too large.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 02:41 PM

Hi Kootsie!

I only tried it on my XP machine, so I'm not sure what result you would get with Vista.

After you opened the new profile called hippocratesbell, did your display name show as hippocratesbell 1? Is it possible that you had a typo when you entered hippocratesbell?

If you still have had no luck till I get home from work tonight, I'll try the game on one of our Vista computers and see what happens.

"Q"
Posted By: widget

Re: Giveaway - Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger - Giveaway - 08/28/09 03:01 PM

Thank you.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 03:02 PM

Hey Q...heres what I did...I had a hippocratesbell.hired in game folder so i created a new game name called hippocratesbell 1.

That now appears in the folder but didnt put me to Chapter 22.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/28/09 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kootsie
Hey Q...heres what I did...I had a hippocratesbell.hired in game folder so i created a new game name called hippocratesbell 1.

That now appears in the folder but didnt put me to Chapter 22.

When I did it, I created a game called hippocratesbell, and the game gave it the name of hippocratesbell 1. That way it looked at the hippocratesbell file but wouldn't overwrite it.

If you created a game called hippocratesbell 1, it wouldn't look at the hippocatesbell file.

Does that make any sense?

"Q"

*****************************************************************************************
Well --- I installed the game on my Vista machine and hit a little snag. It would seem that the hippocratesbell file isn't available unless you finish playing the game, or some porion of it.

So I copied the hippocratesbell.HiRED file from my XP to my Vista. I started a new games as hippocratesbell. The game displays my name as hippocratesbell 1. When I play the game it starts a Chapter 22.

It's not a 100% perfect test, because I had to copy the file ( I didn't want to play the entire game again on the Vista computer LOL), but it would seem to work for Vista.

Just be sure when you enter the player name that you enter hippocratesbell not hippocratesbell 1.

If you try it - let me know how it works.

"Q"
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Giveaway - Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger - Giveaway - 08/28/09 05:38 PM

Entry sent. Thanks.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/29/09 02:05 AM

THanks Q!

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/29/09 03:30 PM

I used my monmthly credit for this game and so happy I did. The voice acting is great, storyline so far is interesting and graphics are great. I found the 1st bomb last night and this one looks like it will take me a while to complete.
Posted By: cris53

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/29/09 07:34 PM

Just finished! I have abandoned the last few ND games. Timed games,and too much going back and forth(I have a lousy sense of direction and get seriously lost in the maze-type travelling. A bit too much rabbiting as well. This I enjoyed, with the exception of the timed pipes. I breathed a sigh of relief after the first one and then discovered they ran right through the story (Oh my!). I tried this as there was a trial period with BFG and got hooked. I appreciated the mini games that can be played whenever I choose. Thumbs up! Good value game!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/29/09 09:09 PM

yay Cris bravo

Glad you found one you liked wave
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 12:44 AM

Hi Q,
I've just finished this game on Vista. I followed this thread and especially your post about 5 other endings. I started the new game with the name 'hippocratesbell' and got at once the chapter 22 and my name was hippocratesbell1. So your wonderful cheat works fine with Vista too. thanks bravo

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 02:02 AM

Quote:
Hi Q,
I've just finished this game on Vista. I followed this thread and especially your post about 5 other endings. I started the new game with the name 'hippocratesbell' and got at once the chapter 22 and my name was hippocratesbell1. So your wonderful cheat works fine with Vista too.

Great! Thanks so much Springchicken for letting me know.

For every ending you want to play, just keep entering hippocratesbell, and the game will keep increasing the number at the end of the name, hippocratesbell 2, etc.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 06:44 AM

Cris 53, I too stopped playing the Nancy Drew adventure games a while since hated last puzzles were usually timed. I am playing the IHOG and it's great. I didn't play the first Dossier File but glad I downloaded the sequel. A lot of fun so far and the times puzzles have so far have not been too bad.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 01:31 PM

YAY Q! Youre a genius...I followed your instructions and corrected from hippocratesbell 1 to hippocratesbell in Vista and it worked!
To continue for all endings you have to delete the first hippocratesbell player and create it again new.

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 01:58 PM

Now I'm very stuck playing the second ending with a chemist as a suspect. It's chapter 23 in his lab, I need to make a gas for a laser. How can I distill the blue fluid? Where is the key for the table? There is no such scene in the BF walkthrough. I hope somebody played this ending, please help hardwall

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 02:40 PM

THat's weird, that was my first time through, I haven't done any alternate endings yet.

You can find the directions for this under Chapter 27 in the walkthrough.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 02:56 PM

OK, I didn't look that far. Thanks, Ana. wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 06:32 PM

Have not read through all the past post's, but I am stuck on the 'phone calls' where you have to put the right calls to the right place, it is so fast,
I just wondered if anyone had any tips,

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 07:02 PM

Widget, I made this Photo with some of the key words on it. I found that if you listen to the phone calls you'll likely lose. If you look at the what the caller is saying on the top of the screen you can read the keywords faster and get the calls through.

Ana luck

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 07:15 PM

Thanks for that, looks like it might help, I don't have the sound on, only when I think it might be useful.
Thanks for that.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 07:47 PM

bravo bravo bravoI've done it, boy I lost count of how many times I tried,
that was hard mad
thank you for your help thanks thanks

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 08:01 PM

Excellent! I struggled through it also.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/30/09 09:49 PM

Yay Widget! Way to persevere bravo

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/31/09 02:25 PM

hi people ~ Im curious if anyone has gotten to the the Ultimate Private Eye level to open the additional credits at the end of the game. Are they outtakes? Ive seen some for HI other ND games at YouTube and they are stunts the crew plays on Nancy.

Some are quite funny.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/31/09 02:29 PM

I finished a bit shy of the ultimate private eye. sad

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/31/09 04:34 PM

Quote:
hi people ~ Im curious if anyone has gotten to the the Ultimate Private Eye level to open the additional credits at the end of the game. Are they outtakes? Ive seen some for HI other ND games at YouTube and they are stunts the crew plays on Nancy.

Some are quite funny.

Hi Kootsie!

Yes, I got the Ultimate Private Eye level. Well... the additional credits are exactly what they are stated to be additional credits. lol

Click to reveal..
Kind of like animated scenes that display while the credits are rolling.
I don't want to give too much away, and spoil it for those that want to see for themselves.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 08/31/09 09:21 PM

hmm i dont think the facial directions in the Blog Walkthru are correct for the facials in the zen zone

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/01/09 03:36 PM

Hi people ~ anyone having trouble getting the phone calls or facials right the first time can interrupt the progress of that particular minigame by "exit and save" and then re hitting play...it will take you back to the beginning portion of the minigame. This way you will get the highest points if you finish this time...and if not, rinse and repeat

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/01/09 03:40 PM

Thanks Kootsie! Good tip.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/01/09 04:08 PM

hehe Thanks Ana! I had a LOT of trouble with the facials in the Zen Room...like I mentioned...I believe the 3rd facial instructions in the walkthru are not correct. Just keep tryin smile

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/01/09 04:27 PM

I finished the game this weekend, I actually loved doing the facials, I thought some of them to be quite well thought out. I think I only botched once where I reset it because it was supposed to be no color at all.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/02/09 01:15 PM

Hey Ana smile since you enjoyed the facials...theres a whole bunch of them to have fun with in the Arcade section of the game.

Finally made it to Ultimate Private Eye level! (bows)

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/02/09 01:20 PM

I will check that out kootsie, thanks!

Congrats on completing it with the best standing! praise
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/02/09 05:27 PM

What score did you need to finish on top?

I loved the facials, and there are lots in the extra mini games.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/02/09 11:38 PM

I cannot decode the bombers code no matter how I try. For one thing, I can't understand their directions nor what the stupid icons mean- plane, footstep, etc. I had all but one letter one time but used all my thingies I had and couldn't do anything else. Is there any way of getting this over with. I am losing patience. They should have had a skip. Can anyone help?

carla
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/02/09 11:55 PM

You will have quite a few of these so best learn how to play it.

What you have is half letters and you need to bring two halves together. On the right it shows you when you have enough of a particular letter. Some of the symbols are powerups like one will scramble all the letter pieces, the one with the airplane means you can move that piece to anywhere on the table without matching, the one with the shoe, I think, you can move that one in the immediate area without having to match, they are all different. With the powerups, that go to the left of the screen, you need to make a match that includes that symbol.

If you hold your cursor on the symbol and explanation of what it does will pop up. I'm not sure if you have to click on it or not, to get the explantion.

Another thing, when you click on a tile, it will show you in what area you are allowed to move. You probably know half of this already, but never hurts to repeat.

Good luck.

Flo

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/03/09 12:07 AM

Thanks Flo,

I see what you're saying but it doesn't help. Appreciate it though. I need to understand how to play the dumb thing. Help!!

carla

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/03/09 02:15 AM

carla, what do you mean you used up all your thingies? Do you mean the scramble button where you can reset the tiles? Start top down with matches so that you don't lose the matches on top if they drop down. As you go down, look to see if any new combos are formed that you may need on the top and do them before heading back down.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/03/09 11:55 AM

Thanks Ana,

I will try this and let you know how it does.

carla

It really helped. Thank You.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 01:43 AM

YOu are welcome! I hope the rest of game goes flawlessly for you.

Ana wave
Posted By: blsbet44

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 11:18 AM

Well I've just started and am getting a kick out of the game. Loving the idea of levels and chapters and unlocking mini games!

Still on Level One detective smile but that's ok. Taking my time and enjoying ND smile. The Characters are a riot! And the doggy is cute. Yup Ana I got him out of the dumb waiter! grin

It's a great game when you want to finish a section/Chapter (between loads of laundry eek ) but don't want to over-involve yourself in any heavy sleuthing...or have I spoken too soon? lol

It's actually pretty hard to stop playing but must feed family grin

Thanks Herinteractive, Mags, and Ana!

BTW do I come to tthe Casual Games forum to post question, ask for hints, or the Adventure Games Forum?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 11:51 AM

blsbet,

Post here at casual forum for the casual games. They usually have a thread going for a particular game. Have fun.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 11:57 AM

Thanks Mags
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 01:02 PM

Reading the press release at the beginning of this thread answered a question that was nagging. Why is Ransom, the full scale game, such a dud while Resorting to Danger has lively characters, branching story, and puzzles that don't require being able to throw accurately with a computer mouse?

All the creative energy must have gone into the casual game. My sleuthing skills tell me the evidence warrants the conclusion that the difference in quality is not a coincidence. I am a little saddened that the player-appeal dice were so loaded in favor of the casual game because the sales figures will weigh against full scale adventure games.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 03:00 PM

8dogmight,
I personally agree with you. Ransom is a Nancy Drew game that I did not take to and not much desire to play again. Played all the others at lest 5 times each.

But LOVE RTD happydance
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger - 09/04/09 09:04 PM

Hi

I've found a glitch with this game frown

I had just started Chapter 21 'Mad Scientist' when the battery on my laptop died. When I plugged it in and reloaded my game it said that I had found all the objects in the lab room but before the battery died I had only just started this chapter and there was at least 16 more objects to find in the room.

Does anyone have any saves for this game? Or know if there's a way to restart the chapter?

Thanks

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/04/09 09:20 PM

ritchiesbabe, casual games cannot do saves like full adventure games. We have tried before and tried again with this one and they do not work, they crash the game. Sorry.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 12:14 AM

Ok thanks anyway.

Looks like I'll have to restart the game and keep a closer eye on my laptop battery next time smile

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 07:23 AM

Have almost finished this game and love it, now I have a credit was wondering if Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses is similar, have look at BF walk through and it is just 1-line instructions, does not look as exciting,
any opinions would help me decide.
thanks

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: ritchiesbabe
Hi

I've found a glitch with this game frown

I had just started Chapter 21 'Mad Scientist' when the battery on my laptop died. When I plugged it in and reloaded my game it said that I had found all the objects in the lab room but before the battery died I had only just started this chapter and there was at least 16 more objects to find in the room.
Does anyone have any saves for this game? Or know if there's a way to restart the chapter?
Thanks

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
ritchiesbabe, casual games cannot do saves like full adventure games. We have tried before and tried again with this one and they do not work, they crash the game. Sorry.

Ana wave

Thanks for the heads up. If I may make a suggestion?
How about saving the game on 2 different names? That way after you finish a level, save it on both names, then continue playing on the first name.

EX Finish level 1. Save as Ana 1, Play a bit then save as Ana2 (?)
When done with level 1, save on both Ana 1 & 2 then continue playing on Ana 1. When done with level 2 save on both Anas then continue with level 3 etc???

That might (?) work. I've done it with regular games. That way if PC dies in middle of a level, I can go to one of the saves. Don't have to go ALL the way back to the beginning.

Maybe that would work smile

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 10:36 AM

Nah this wouldn't work you see cos you type your name in when you begin and then it just autosaves on that save I don't think there's a way you can change slots.
It's a pain tho.

Originally Posted By: widget
Have almost finished this game and love it, now I have a credit was wondering if Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses is similar, have look at BF walk through and it is just 1-line instructions, does not look as exciting,
any opinions would help me decide.
thanks

Hi there since noone has responded yet I'll give my opinion.
Having just played both recently I can say that the second one was much more enjoyable for me personally and it seemed harder than the first.

I think the first one was fairly straight forward and it kept giving me hints when I didn't need them.

If you have nothing better to spend the credit on then get this one but you probably won't find it as good as you have played the better of the two first.

It's definitely similar gameplay tho but as it was the first dossier game I don't think they had tweaked it yet.

Does anyone know how we can see the special ending in the first game I was just short on the points needed to see it when I finished the game.
Anyone know if there's a trick to see it?

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 01:31 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know how we can see the special ending in the first game I was just short on the points needed to see it when I finished the game.
Anyone know if there's a trick to see it?

Hi ritchiesbabe!

I just sent you an email. Let me know if it works. luck

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 02:18 PM

Blsbet, you cannot save or name your saves, it autosaves for you.

Widget, I really enjoyed Lights, Camera , Curses. If you enjoyed this one, you will like the first, they are in the same fun format.

You'll also understand about the sister then, since that is what the first game is about.

Ritchiesbabe, please do not stack your posts. If you have more to say and no one has posted behind you, please use the edit button.

Ana wave

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 02:54 PM

Ko wasn't sure smile

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 02:56 PM

Quote:
Blsbet, you cannot save or name your saves, it autosaves for you.

Hi Blsbet!

Ana is 100% correct; but I do this to try and workaround the problem.

After the game has autosaved, exit the game and try and find where the game has placed the autosave. Some games you can see your profile/save and others you can't.

If you can see your profile/save, copy it and rename it to something that makes sense to you.
If you do this after every level, you have in effect a save after every level. If you ever want to revert to a different copy/save, just rename it back to its original name, and there you are.

I really used this a lot when I played DragonStone. I'd be going along doing great, and then I would die. Argh!! No problem, just exited the game went to a trusty copy/save and I was good to go again. In fact, Hubby was playing DragonStone on a different computer, and would use my copies/saves when he didn't have enough lives to proceed in the game.

It's not a perfect solution and it doesn't work for every game, but it's better than nothing. lol

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 03:00 PM

I tried that with Dossier Q and the game will load with the saves but then crashes when you try and play. sad

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 03:30 PM

Quote:
I tried that with Dossier Q and the game will load with the saves but then crashes when you try and play.

Very strange - I didn't encounter the crashing problem.

Did you have the problem at just one particular level, or all levels? Also I'm playing the game on XP I don't know if that makes a difference.

I've used this workaround with quite a few games including Dossier, and never had a crashing problem. headscratch

Well - it was worth a try.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 07:02 PM

thank you for the replies B E Tigre and Richesbabe, will think about getting the first one, thanks for advice.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 09:42 PM

"Q" I am not refering to using those saves on your owm game but transferring them to someone else on another computer. Lots of folks ask for saves, they just don't transfer well.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/05/09 10:17 PM

Quote:
"Q" I am not refering to using those saves on your owm game but transferring them to someone else on another computer. Lots of folks ask for saves, they just don't transfer well.

Ah! We were talking about two different things. rotfl

I was referring to creating some additional copy/save points within your own game.

Although I must say, at least for DragonStone, my copy/saves worked for my Hubby on his computer. He only had to open a game profile the same as the copy/save I had given him.

I guess we were all spoiled by adventure game saves. Maybe someday casual games will change their save feature. Until then I'll enjoy them the way they are.

"Q"

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/07/09 10:07 AM

Thanks Q I'm yet to see if it works as my sister is making her way through the game and I wouldn't like to meddle with anything before she has finished as the da*n game has already made her restart three times so far. I've come to the conclusion it doesn't like the name Diane being used, she will know this nancy back to front by the time she's finished it.

I'm thinking she must unlock the hidden credits for the second surely.

Does anyone know when the 3rd dossier game is out?

They are kind of addictive, I think definitely ones to play on your own tho. With the adventures I usually play them with my sister. Two heads are better than one and all that haha.

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/07/09 01:22 PM

Ritchiesbabe, the first Dossier came out in NOv 2008 and not this one in August 2009. It sure would be nice if they did it like their adventure games, twice a year (Jul-Oct) and that would mean we could see one again in Nov. I think I'm being too hopeful though. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/08/09 07:37 PM

Ana ,
Just received the game,& going to install right now. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Sincerely
Posted By: suzannes22

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/19/09 05:42 AM

hi i am stuck in the reception area..a bomb went off in there n i retrived all the letters but can not figure out what the letters spell... can anyone holp plz

thnx suz

Re: Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger Now Available for Download and Retail - 09/19/09 02:53 PM

Suzanne, I am not sure what level you are on, but the answers are all in the walkthrough Here.

Ana luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community