GB HOMEPAGE

Buying Games

Posted By: Jeepers

Buying Games - 10/04/09 12:23 AM

Because I do not have high speed internet available in my neck of the woods, does anyone know of a web sight that sells games in the case? Amazon used to, but now it is all download as well as all the game sights I have looked at. It would take me several hours to download using dial up, so I wouldn't even attempt it. I sometimes buy them locally, but lately, it seems Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy rarely have any games I want, which are mostly Casual Games. If anyone knows of a web sight you can buy games (the old fashioned way) would you let me know?

Thanks,
Jeepers
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 12:32 AM

Amazon has the best selection of casual games that I have seen in terms of retail and not download.

Ana wave

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 12:36 AM

OK thanks. I will try them again. Last time I checked, it was download, but I will look again.

Jeepers
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 01:37 AM

The last time I checked Amazon, the casual games were listed under Adventure category in the PC games section. Hope that helps.
Kathy happydance

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 02:09 AM

Had no problem finding the games (102) but 80% are download. The 20% are ones I have. I guess buying games retail is getting to be a thing of the past.

Thanks anyway....

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 02:11 AM

For less then the price of a retail casual game you can buy the download at BigFish and check the box that says you want the CD also. YOu can't get the CD on any large file but most of the casuals are not that large.

Ana wave
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 05:36 PM

Jeepers, what I do is start the download before I go to bed and by morning it's finished. Haven't tried it with the large file games.
Also with the Big Fish manager you can pause the game (but don't close the manager) and you can go back and continue the d/l when you're ready.

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 10:09 PM

Thanks for the info 3dobermans. I did some heavy reading on the Big Fish websight and decided to take Ana's advice and give it a go and order the backup cd's. If I don't like the way it goes, I can always cancel out of the program. It is a little pricey with the cd $15.00,($7.99 for backup disk and $6.99 for game,) and I rarely pay over $10.00 at the store. However, when you order 2-3 at once, it is reasonable. So, I appreciate the input from you boomers and am anxious to get my cd's.

Jeepers
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 10:20 PM

It should work out since I understand they can put more than one game on a cd.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Buying Games - 10/04/09 10:27 PM

They will give you extra games on the CD but you do not get to choose which they are.

Ana wave
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 12:34 AM

I really don't understand Jeepers. I have been buying my games at amazon.com for a long time and always in the box and/or jewel case.

I have seen a download option but I am still able to purchase boxed games duh

Which game are you looking at/for?

**edit: I just looked at Plants vs. Zombies, Nancy Drew and Zuma's Revenge and all are boxed games available with free shipping. Are you looking in the wrong section perhaps?

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 01:35 AM

Raylin, The 4 games I ordered on Big Fish were not listed on Amazon. Amazon has some games in the case, but not the ones I wanted. I used to order from Amazon a lot, but will try Big Fish and if it doesn't work out, I guess I will haunt the game stores once more. Thanks anyway

Ana....When BFG tallied my tab for the 4 games, they charged me $6.99 4 times and $7.99 once for the back-up cd, so I assume all 4 games are on one cd. That seems like a lot of game for one disk. I checked the option of getting a back up on each game I ordered, so I guess we will see when they arrive.

Jeepers

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 01:40 AM

These were not large file games, right? You made sure they were not just random demo CD's they do if the games you want are too large.

Ana wave

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 01:55 AM

The games are: Magic Encyclopedia-Moonlight
Drawn
Treasure Seekers Canvas
Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold

I got a receipt that the disk would go out in 2 days. I am hoping I get all 4 games. I checked Back-up cd on all 4.

What do you think, Ana?

Jeepers

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 02:00 AM

I just checked on their help section and you are correct. They do not charge for the backup CD's just for shipping and handling. Therefore you only pay one time no matter how many you order. bravo

Ana wave

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 02:05 AM

BFG just keeps getting better and better! Cheaper by the dozen, I guess! ha

Jeepers

Re: Buying Games - 10/05/09 02:10 AM

That's fantastic! I learned something new in the process also. yay Enjoy your games, not a bad deal at all.

Ana wave

Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Buying Games - 10/06/09 03:10 PM

Wow - I didnt realise they only charged one lot of shipping for several games. Then this might be a good way for me also to buy BFG games as I am like Jeepers - I am supposed to be on Broadband but its as slow as dial-up and the connection keeps getting reset, so I am unable to download any games at all As they say here........Welcome to Africa!!

I also managed to buy quite a few of the casual games in jewel cases from Amazon. When these games are installed from the CD, do they end up in the BFG Games Manager, do you know?

Re: Buying Games - 10/06/09 03:30 PM

Hi Rosaboobie,

I am a newbie to BFG, so I think the way it is set up is you can reinstall as many times as necessary. You have to go into BFG to install the disk to your computer and can do that as many times as you want. Ana can answer you about the Games Manager.

Jeepers
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Buying Games - 10/06/09 03:39 PM

Rosa, if it is released by BFG, I'm pretty sure it ends up in the Game Manager wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Buying Games - 10/07/09 06:29 AM

Going on my annual trip back to Jersey in two weeks time to see my 87 year old Mum - So I will be downloading LOTS of games while I am there!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community