GB HOMEPAGE

New MCF fan with a question about the series

Posted By: Jeanne

New MCF fan with a question about the series - 12/28/09 03:54 PM

Hello,
I was "gifted" with Dire Grove as a Christmas present and really enjoyed the game. Loved the atmosphere and the storyline.

I was glad the puzzles/HO scenes were not timed. Is this true for all the MCF games, or is this a recent feature?
Many thanks,
Jeanne
Posted By: MaG

Re: New MCF fan with a question about the series - 12/28/09 05:20 PM

It's been untimed for a while now, maybe a year or so. The developers and BF listened to the gamer's comments.

Enjoy HOG and IHOG games. There are some very good ones out there.

:holidays: to you Jeanne.

Re: New MCF fan with a question about the series - 12/28/09 06:00 PM

Thanks so much for the info and the Holiday greetings, MaG. I hope 2010 holds many wonderful things for you and all Gameboomers.
Jeanne
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: New MCF fan with a question about the series - 12/28/09 07:09 PM

Jeanne, some of the earlier ones are timed, but you have a choice which gives you more time which I always pick.

You have lots of good gaming in front of you. :wave12:
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: New MCF fan with a question about the series - 01/01/10 07:42 PM

I reccomend you purchase Return to Ravenhearst, while it's a sequel, I didn't feel you need to play Ravenhearst (the first one) to understand/enjoy the game. In fact, I have never played the first one, only the second. Same is true for my mom and we didn't feel as if we missed anything.

Re: New MCF fan with a question about the series - 01/03/10 09:48 PM

Thank you for the guidance, Looney4labs and Patricia. I don't like timed sequences in adventure games or in Hidden Object games. Nice to know there are extended search options available.
I did go ahead and purchase Return to Ravenhearst.
Lots 'o puzzles in that one!

I am so pleased I have peeked into the world of Casual Gaming. Loved Dire Grove and Drawn.
Jeanne
© 2024 GameBoomers Community