GB HOMEPAGE

Jewel Quest 3

Posted By: linda333

Jewel Quest 3 - 01/12/10 11:12 PM

I have checked out the tips etc. at Gamezebo and other sites for this game but would still appreciate any suggestions! I am playing the level where you have to reach a certain score against another player-Sebastin. Let me tell you I have been at this for literally hours and still not won one game againit him. If anyone has any suggestions I will try anything at this point. I can't move on in the game until I pass this level...Thank you.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/13/10 02:48 AM

Linda, you may find some help on previous threads here or someone who has played should be along soon. luck

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/13/10 09:54 AM

Linda that is a very difficult section of the game. I've played this game several times and it doesn't get any easier. The only thing I can suggest is to restart the board as soon as you see that Sebastian is to far ahead of you for you to catch up.
By doing this near the start of playing the board when Sebestian is way ahead it seems you have a better chance of beating him.
I would restart the board after the first move if Sebastian got to high a score on that very first move. As soon as I was pretty close in score at the beginning I continued playing with a much better chance of winning. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/13/10 01:18 PM

Thanks Gerry!

Ana wave

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/13/10 07:30 PM

Thanks, will give that a try. Your so right, very difficult part of the game. Since he always plays first as well he get a jump on the game immediately.

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/14/10 09:33 AM

Your welcome Ana. Linda if he gets double your score right at the beginning you won't be able to catch up and win so restart the board. I know it can be frustrating, but you will get it! Have fun and let me know when you beat him!

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/14/10 08:40 PM

So far have only beat him once. Have been doing as suggested, just starting over if he is ahead in points very early in the game...will keep at it. I want to continue on to the other areas of play. One thing I have noticed is that several times now when we are very close in points...we run out of time....Grrrr!

Re: Jewel Quest 3 - 01/15/10 09:27 AM

Don't give up linda. The hardest part of the game is beating Sibastian. But you will do it.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/21/10 03:05 AM

I am having a problom getting into the hidden quest area of the game for some regions. I have read over the hints and tips at Gamezebo but I still can't figure out how to access the Hidden areas....if I click on the word hidden on the globe it allows me to go there but only to view the book. If silver level is completed it shows that, then gold locked and hidden undiscovered..yet in some regions I have done the silver and hidden quests. I have even done a gold! But I really can't say how I accessed the hidden quest levels. It must be me but I can't figure out how to complete all the hidden quest areas. I went back and looked at the game again. If I go to a region that says hidden quest, click on it, I am then taken to the book. It says there hidden quest undiscovered. Yet the book says board complete if I choose to go to that region. So now I am really confused. Also the dots on the globe are all white so doesn't that mean is should be complete? I did manage to beat Sebastin in the gold level after many hours of play...whew. Don't want to have to do that one again...thank you for any explanations.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/21/10 09:51 AM

linda the first time I played the game I was frustrated because I missed what you appear to be missing as well. If you go back and check each Level you will find that you must not just complete the Level but in some cases you must match 5 coins, get all the monkeys in the cages without any of them dropping off the board, etc. Read the 2nd page of each Level carefully and see if you missed completing a Level my following the instructions exactly in order to open the Hidden Areas. When you do this you usually get an extra gem as well.
Good Luck!

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/21/10 05:34 PM

Thanks so much! Oh no though, redoing some of the levels again. I certainly hope I don't have to meet up with Sebastin this time around....I do know that some of the monkeys fell off the board but I did complete the board...thanks again.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/21/10 11:46 PM

I need some clarifaction please for the hidden quests. I have gone back to some areas and found the hidden quests and completed them. However some of them don't seem to come up for me. For example in the Iceland area it says silver level complete, hidden undiscovered and gold locked. But when I access the area there is no hidden quest in the book. It only says silver complete. Can anyone tell me why I can't find the hidden quest? Thanks once again...
Posted By: OldMan44

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/22/10 02:30 AM

Linda,

Here is the part of the Tips & Tricks from Gamezebo that talks about the "Hidden Quests":
*****SPOILERS****
The following are the Hidden Quests for each Region. You only have to complete the Hidden Quest once in a Region, it doesn’t matter which Location you do it in. Remember that the Hidden Quest is always in addition to the other Silver Quest requirements for that location.

If you already cleared a location once for the Silver Quest and now you're going back through it to do the Hidden Quest, some Regions will require you to turn all the squares gold as well as doing the Hidden Quest to earn the Hidden Quest jewel, and some Regions will let you get by with just doing the Hidden Quest. If you're just trying to complete the Hidden Quest and the jewel is awarded, you can stop at that point if you prefer. However the safest strategy is just to always turn all the squares gold in addition to whatever else you're doing in that location.

Central America: Match 4 coins in a row, not just 3.

Iceland: Melt three ice blocks with a single warming jewel.

South America: Play your opponent to a tie. The easiest way is to wait until you are one move short of whatever the required winning score is for this Location. Then only make your matches over gold squares until your opponent catches up with you. When you each have one short of the winning score, you will have run out of spaces and the game will be a tie.

Europe: Exactly match your opponent’s first 3 moves. They have the same board layout you do. You can see their small board off to the side (but not the jewels on it). You just have to watch their move and try to copy it. You must do this 3 times and win the round to get the jewel. It will be probably be a little easier to do against Emma than against Hani, since Emma plays a little more slowly. Note that because of chain reactions one move may clear jewels in several directions, so watch carefully! You still have to match 3 moves in a row, regardless of how many jewels are cleared.

Africa: Make a horizontal match of 5 gold lion coins.

Oceana: Collect 150 silver coins in a single location.

North Pacific: You must solve a Silver Quest while allowing no more than 3 white pearls to fall off the edge of the board. Everything else is the same. This may mean that you will have to match pearls with each other to keep them from dropping to the edge. You don’t have to use exactly 3 pearls—you can use 0, 1, 2, or 3. Just don’t use more than 3.

China: Although the hints say “don’t let any monkeys escape,” the Hidden Quest is actually to complete the location without letting any monkeys fall off the bottom of the board. It’s OK if you put one in a cage and it escapes and then you put another one in that cage, as long as no monkey ever falls off the bottom of the board. You still have to do everything else for the location, including turning all the squares gold and filling all the cages with monkeys.
I would advise going to Gamezebo.com and get a copy of that T&T. Robin had some great ideas on how to play the game that would be a big help to you.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/22/10 05:37 AM

Thank you!

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/24/10 09:50 AM

Oldman44 that's a great explanation. That should help everyone playing the game. thumbsup
Posted By: OldMan44

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/24/10 06:50 PM

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the complement, but the credit goes to Robin Jackson, over on GZ. She wrote the T&T on the game, I just extracted the info from her Great write-up because I thought it might help Linda. Robin did a heck of a job on the T&T and had some good ideas on ways to beat the game

Judy & I love the Jewel Quest games (we have them all except the 4th one; hope to get it later this year) and continue to play them. Right now, I am still trying to get past the last Gold Quest location (Hekia) in Iceland and it has been giving me fits...I know the stragety to beat it, just haven't gotten it to work yet...but will not give up! lol

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/25/10 02:21 AM

Hidden Quest question: I have played both the silver and hidden quest for Europe. The book says silver and hidden quests completed. Gold locked. Why is the gold still locked then if silver and hidden are done? I also had hidden quest showing on the map from time to time but there are no areas of hidden quest there now. I am somewhat confused as to why the hidden quests are giving me so much trouble. Thank you for the insert above it certainly has helped me but still not 100 per cent sure about how to move along. I have have managed to open 3 gold quests at this time. Thanks for any help.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/25/10 09:58 AM

linda make sure you have found all Jewels because some boards have to be completed in a specific way in order to get the "2nd Jewel" on that board. Try playing and completing another area other than Europe then go back. Good Luck!

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/25/10 06:23 PM

Thanks!

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/28/10 09:10 PM

Iceland hidden quest...I have a question about melting 3 iceblocks with 1 warming jewel...I can't get past this quest...how do you line up the iceblock to melt 3 jewels...when I drop a warming jewel above an area that is frozen..only the top jewel melts...so how can I melt 3 at one time? Thanks for any suggestions. Also I am having a terrible time trying to match 5 gold coins horizontally. It almost seems that the longer I play the fewer coins come down for me to work with...any ideas on how to do this one as well??? Help please...I have been reading the gamezebo tips and tricks but still stumped!
Posted By: thracia

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/29/10 12:56 AM

linda333, sorry I can't answer your question, but if it is any consolation, I am about 51% done, and I am still confused by this game. I'm still not sure what's ulocked,or where to go next. I even think I replayed some boards that I had already finished! Keep trying and good luck!

thracia

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/29/10 02:27 AM

Thank you anyway! Confused is right on this game...I will just keep working at it...I know I have replayed boards but still didn't accomplish enough...Grrr....I hope the next Jewel Quest game is better than this one for knowing exactly where you are and what to do next to move on.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/29/10 06:20 AM

I guess you just have to keep trying it took me months to finish this game wave luck

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 01/29/10 09:55 AM

There is even one board where you have to end the board in a tie score with Sabastian. Read the right page of the book carefully prior to playing a board because in order to get the "jewel" you sometimes have to do something different to get that Jewel.
Also when you first open the game you can see which areas have not been completed and in which area the missing jewels are to be found.
Hope this helps.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\ confused again! - 01/31/10 08:16 PM

Have more questions. Help please...does anyone know the secret of lining up the 5 gold coins horizontially??? Been at this for hours. Just can't get it! Also when you have a gold dot on the map does that mean you have completed the gold level or you have to go and play each place in that region with a gold dot??? If a region has only a whte/silver dot does that mean you haven't completed the hidden quest even if the book says silver quest completed, hidden quest completed...gold locked???

Re: Jewel Quest 3\ confused again! - 02/01/10 09:52 AM

Linda you can line the 5 coins up vertically or horizontally. I try to get 2 coins next to each other and 2 coins across from them on the same line and then try an drop a coin down between them to form 5 in a row.
Don't worry about turning all the spaces to gold just focus on matching 5 coins. Once you have the jewel you can go back and match all spaces to gold without having to do the 5 match again.
I believe the gold is locked if you didn't get that "matched number" of coins completed.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Posted By: samson

jewel quest 3 - 02/02/10 08:01 PM

Hi, has anyone any tips on how to beat Sebastian in the Gold Quest in South America I am now pulling my hair out. I have 3 levels to beat him on and I just wondered if there was any help out there. Thanks Sam

Re: jewel quest 3 - 02/03/10 02:33 AM

samson, there are tips throughout this thread for this level, have you checked them out?

Ana luck

Re: jewel quest 3 - 02/03/10 02:20 PM

Thanks, they are a great help. Sam

Re: jewel quest 3 - 02/03/10 02:22 PM

Great! Have fun.

Ana wave

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/05/10 08:57 PM

Hi, can anyone help. I am in China Hidden Expidition when it says get monkeys into boxes without any dropping from the board, does that mean you can not match 3 monkeys either until you get them in the boxes. I am slightly confused Sam

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/06/10 09:38 AM

Sam you can match monkeys that's okay. The only thing you cannot do is let a monkey fall off the board before you fill them in the boxes. If you do you have to start again or you won't get the jewel. Good Luck!

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/06/10 05:03 PM

Hi, I have matched monkeys and have completed three boards without any falling from the board and it will still not give me the jewel, Any ideas please. Sam
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/06/10 09:02 PM

Samson, have you read the tips and tricks at Gamezebo?

Is there perhaps something else you need to do in another section of the game before it will give you the jewel?

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/06/10 09:58 PM

I have read all of the tips, and on reading some of the letters this seems to be a problem with a lot of people. They cannot get the jewel for this area.Someone suggested running the game in windows 95 Can you tell me what this would do. Until this quest is completed it will not let you move on. It is a pity because it is quite an addictive game and I would like to finish it. Do you think I should write to the makers to see if they can advise me on what to do. Thanks Sam

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/07/10 10:02 AM

Sam does it still say that you need to complete the board with no monkeys falling off before the others are trapped? If it does then a monkey escaped off the board before you saw it.

Sometimes things drop down quickly on the board and it's very easy to miss a monkey dropping off.
Again, make sure it is not telling you to trap the monkeys and let none fall off the board before they are captured.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/07/10 05:06 PM

Hi,yes it does say do not let any monkeys escape. I have checked carefully that none have fallen off.If they are captured and then escape and re captured(still with none falling) is that okay. I suppose it is okay to match them up as well. I am sure none are falling so why is it not giving me the jewel. Should I alter the settings for the game. I am playing on Vista, maybe that is the problem. Sam

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/07/10 06:18 PM

Hi, I also am having the same issue with this game. I
also have done the monkey hidden quest over and over. I know I haven't dropped any monkies off the board. Still no jewel. I am just about ready to give up on the whole game. I am having lots of problems. I also just can't get the 5 coins lined up in Africa. I think I've been on that quest for days and days now. Will give it a bit more time but I am frustrated. Good luck. I hope you get your jewel.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/07/10 07:31 PM

Hi, I have decided there must be something wrong with this part of the game. I cannot move on now. I wonder whether I should contact the makers, because I would love to finish it. The 5 coins I managed. If you line up 2 Horizontally leave a space then line up another 2 and drop one in the middle. I have just read on a site that downloading the latest version of Adobe Flash Reader may solve this problem,as I am not very computer literate, can you tell me how to do this. Good Luck to you Sam

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/08/10 09:44 AM

I'm playing on vista and am not having any problems Samson. Linda and Sam you might want to check each of the other areas you've already done one more time to make sure none of them are still saying you have to "match objects in a particular way" to complete the board. This could be the "trigger" to release the jewel there and for you on the monkey board.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/08/10 02:35 PM

Hi,I have checked every area and completed everything it says. It still will not give me the jewel. Do you think it needs a patch or something. Sam.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/09/10 03:02 AM

Hi again,
my book says silver quest complete, hidden quest complete, gold locked....this in in the monkey area. Don't know what to do to move on...still working on the coins. Just can't get that one....I have done the monkey board over and over. Didn't let any drop off the board and had traps full. Still no jewel and gold locked.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/09/10 09:58 AM

Linda you have to get the coin matchcorrectly done and that might allow you to get the jewel from the monkey board.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/09/10 02:51 PM

Hi, I have matched the coins correctly, and done the monkey correctly(I think)still no jewel.You can still match 3 monkeys as well without letting any drop of the board, or do you think you should not match the monkeys before they go into the boxes. Sam

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/09/10 08:05 PM

Hi again,
I still can't get the 5 coin match...must be me...just can't get past this one. I know I have done the monkey board correctly more than once but still says the same...sivler comppleted, hidden quest completeted, gold locked. I am just about ready to give up on this whole game...will try a bit longer but if I can't move on I need a break.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/10/10 10:32 AM

Sam you can match 3 monkeys or any number of monkeys before you fill the cages. They just cannot fall of the board before you fill in the cages.
Linda when you have completed the 5 coin match in the other area it may unlock the monkey area. When you open the monkey area what does it say on the right page of the book? Does it still say you must not let the monkeys fall off the board?

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/10/10 06:54 PM

Hi again. The Hidden Quest says- Fill all traps before allowing any monkeys to escape. I have just done this correctly once again and still no jewel. I have completed every other Quest it has shown me, so I now am stuck on this game. Frustrated Sam.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/11/10 10:51 AM

Sam sometimes those monkeys fall off very fast. Try one of the "easier" monkey boards so you can be sure no monkeys fall off the board.
Also make sure when you go to each Continent" that all the circles are all the same color indicating you completed all boards in that area.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/11/10 03:36 PM

thanks Gerry wave

luck Sam

Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/15/10 03:54 AM

After hours and hours working on this level I finally made a 5 gold coin match....the jewel went to the bottom left side of the board. I didn't finish changing the board squares all to gold. The jewel stayed where it was and I hit the try again button. This time I turned all the squares to gold...got a jewel, Chicky Mask and it took me out of the region. However nothing changed in that region...All dots still white...I don't know where to go from here...I am very frustrated to say the least. The book says, silver completed, hidden quest completed, gold locked. If you read the book it says the 5 gold coins show the suns radiance or something to that effect...this is what it said before I matched the 5 coins and got the jewel. Help please! My board says 48% done. In the circular area before you go into the map room these are the jewels I DO NOT have yet: Aquamarine, Adventure Scarab, Quartz Timepiece, Delicate Zircon Crystals, Unswappable Fluorite, Lapis, and Black Pearl. Then behind this are areas that say yet to come and there are other jewels behind these areas....Can anyone tell me exactly where and what I have to do to get the jewels I have mentioned I DO NOT have yet...before I even attempt to reach the other areas of play....thanks...I just can't figure out this from the game tips on Gamezeno. Sorry to keep posting with so many questions but I can't get anywwhere by trying to sort out the Gamezebo tips...

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/16/10 10:25 AM

linda you need to play the white levels. After completing each one they should turn to gold.

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/16/10 08:01 PM

I have played all the white levels but can't figure out why they still are all white...so I don't know why some say silver level complete, hidden quest complete, gold locked. Others say silver level complete, hidden quest undiscovered, gold locked. I need to know how to establish what to do in each of these regions...I also have 2 blue dots ot the board. For example the Africa level says sivler lever complete, hidden quest compelte, gold locked. So why is the gold still locked? I played for the Chicky Mask and got that so I am confused...Thanks for any insight.

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/17/10 10:56 AM

If you have 2 dots that are purple what color are the rest of the dots on that board? If they are different that means you have not completed the rest of that Level. If you got the Chicky Mask and the Level is showing 2 blue dots then you need to play those 2 blue dot Levels to complete the Level and get a 2nd Jewel. That should unlock another Area.

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/17/10 08:46 PM

O.K. I went back to the Africa area and the whole region is showing white dots....even though the book says silver completed, hidden quest completed, gold locked...so I just don't know what to do there anymore...??? Thanks. Do I still have to play something here and if so what...??

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/18/10 10:42 AM

Linda in your previous post you said there were 2 blue dots on one of the Levels. You need to play that Level so all the the dots turn to the same color to complete that Level. Also go into every other Level and make sure the dots are all the same color indicating you completed everything.

Remember when you complete a Level if you did not "match" the way the Level says (like matching a specific number of coins) you will have missed getting a hidden jewel and you need to get it to move on. On the "map" Levels will show a green dot to indicate you can go back in to complete it.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Re: Jewel Quest 3- Africa quests - 02/18/10 08:00 PM

Wow, thanks again. I apologize but this game is confusing me...I will go and play the areas with the coloured dots first now and see what happens.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/18/10 08:20 PM

where did you buy this game? sounds like a good one

do you think BigFish will get it - the ones I checked out were all $20 --

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/18/10 11:51 PM

It is generally a 19.99 game. BF may get it, they have a few other Jewel Quest games, but no telling when. You can download from Spintop here.

Ana wave

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/19/10 10:50 AM

menahune I think I saw it at Target and BestBuy in a Jewel Case for $9.99.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/20/10 02:02 AM

I found my came here in Canada at a Stapeld store. They were clearing out PC games and this one was $9.99. Since then I haven't seen any Jewel Quest games anywhere here. I see you can download the newer version Jewel Quest Heritage from some sites.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/21/10 07:21 PM

Crows and what to do with them...I am working on the level with crows on the board...I need some help in understanding what to do once you have used coins to unlock some of the blocks. I have done this but find there are some grey squares that I can't move any jewels over to try and match. What do I do with these gray areas? Do you still need to match coins to open them up for play?

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/22/10 10:23 AM

Once you have unlocked all the blocks you need to turn all spaces to gold and you will get the jewel. Some of the gray areas on some boards are not play spaces just breaks in the board. If all the spaces are gold that have to be you should get the jewel and the board will be complete.

If this doesn't happen then you need to change the gray block to gold to complete the board. Hope this helps. Let me know.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/23/10 06:36 PM

I have gone back and played a board over and over. It appears that I do have to move some of the playing jewels over to match them on some gray areas...I find I can't do this...does anyone know the sequence I need to use...I have tried moving a jewel over when 2 are the same above, below and next to it...I can't figure out what I am doing incorrectly. All blocks are unlocked.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/25/10 10:45 AM

linda you need to match 3 next to each other.

Re: Jewel Quest 3\Hidden Quests??? Help please... - 02/25/10 10:49 PM

Ohhhh, thanks...will try agian.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community