GB HOMEPAGE

1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG

Posted By: cris53

1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 09:46 AM

I played the demo of this and can't decide. Has anyone bought it? What do you think?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 12:47 PM

It appears to be a young childs game, did you find it very simple?

Ana wave

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 02:38 PM

I couldn't possibly comment!

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 02:42 PM

lol Sorry, I didn't mean it the way it came out and if you are finding it challenging, it likely is. I was commenting because of the pictures, I have no personal experience with the game. oops

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 02:43 PM

Don't worry, I'm too simple to be offended (joking!) Seriously though, It was exerting a strange and inappropriate power over me. I felt a little bit uncomfortable because I was enjoying it. Psychoanalyse that!
Posted By: Marian

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 03:54 PM

Based on the comments I've read on the Big Fish forums, this is a very long game that is well worth the money--and while it looks like a child's game, apparently it gets more challenging as it progresses.
Posted By: dorish

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/09/10 04:30 PM

I also bought it and am having a lot of fun. Some of the items are well hidden. I am also enjoying the humour. I just completed the episode with the Rasta sounding clownfish who can't control his children. The game is very well done-- don't let the typos and calling the Antarctic the Arctic bother you too much. I think the developers are Russian. The graphics are crisp, clear and colourful. Well worth the money for some light entertainment.

Doreen

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 09:58 AM

Thanks dorish, I can now buy and play, knowing I'm not alone in my pleasure zone.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 01:37 PM

Is it like Steve the Sheriff?
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 01:54 PM

I had never heard of this duh and wonder when it was released?

Being a children's game doesn't bother me - I have played many and thoroughly enjoyed them. The Spy Fox series jumps to mind *2thumbsup*! So do the I Spy and the Clue Finders Mysteries games!

Thank you for bringing it to my attention! I hope I am never to old to be a kid happydance

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 01:58 PM

It was released a few days ago. I didn't post it because it looked like a kids game and no one ever cares when I put them out. Go figure! lol

You can get it Here.

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 02:23 PM

I finished and am now in touch with my inner child. It was simple but not particularly easy. I used quite a lot of hints to find things. Cons: If you turned the music off, there were no voices and the music was incredibly annoying. Probably better to read it and use your imagination. The translation wasn't up to much (as dorish pointed out, although I don't know my Arctic from my Antarctic so 10 points to you!) and I'm not too sure about the stereotypical Rastafarian or Irish Leprechaun, so let's not go there. It was fun and if you have read any of my previous posts I'm notoriously hard to please. Fun and Varied. I don't feel like I wasted my money. P.S. It was worth it for the Pamela Andrewson(sic!)character. She would never have made the Bay Watch audition, and is Peter Jackson (film director) a megalomaniac?.....Discuss!

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/10/10 02:31 PM

Thanks Ana! Thank goodness for Google - I found it that way earlier and have already downloaded it.

I will try it later!

kissy Linda
Posted By: Robertson

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/11/10 12:41 PM

I gave it about 45 minutes and gave up. I had to use too many hints, having trouble finding objects. It's too hard to play with my grandchild, and I tend to agree with the comments about accents and localization concerns as voiced in the Gamezebo review (2.5 of 5 rating) and others. Disappointing.

Robertson
Posted By: MaG

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/13/10 04:40 PM

I am enjoying this game very much. It is very interactive and innovative. Great presentation. smile
Posted By: NYLady

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/13/10 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cris53
Don't worry, I'm too simple to be offended (joking!) Seriously though, It was exerting a strange and inappropriate power over me. I felt a little bit uncomfortable because I was enjoying it. Psychoanalyse that!

I strongly disagree with reviewers who say they didn't enjoy a game because it was too simple... some games aren't fun simple or not. Sometimes simple can be fun if what you do in the game is enjoying to do. And the result of your simple task brings enjoyment. Unless the game is ridiculously simple... and the result of the simplicity is not enjoyable that's different. But that's just me. Some of us are children at heart anyway.

Re: 1 Penguin 100 Cases on BFG - 02/14/10 12:29 AM

I agree with you NYLady! I enjoyed Lost in Reefs, DragonStone, El Dorado Quest, and Hidden Wonders of the Depths.

A game doesn't have to be difficult to be entertaining happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community