GB HOMEPAGE

Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 02:43 PM

You can download Vampireville here.

Quote:
The government will soon obtain the right to sell Malgrey Castle because no heir has claimed the property for 100 years. All of the appraisers that were sent by your boss have gone crazy, including one of your close colleagues. Now it’s your turn! Unlock the secrets of this property using your Hidden Object skills. Appraise the old fashioned property, and figure out what caused the other real estate agents to go crazy in Vampireville!

Unique characters
Fantastic graphics
Explore Malgrey Castle!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: marie

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 03:50 PM

Looks like a very tantalizing game. I'm downloading the demo today, thanks Ana happydance
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 03:50 PM

I don't know, at first I thought the graphics were pretty good, but the more I played the more I thought it was pretty lame. Others may like it, but I doubt I will buy it.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 03:51 PM

It's a beautiful game visually, very interactive, you can move objects, open ther doors of the closets, curtains, leaf through the book and many other nice tricks. As in the other NevoSoft games there is a voice over. I like the light feeling about the game, you don't take everything too seriously. thumbsup
Posted By: Robertson

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 04:09 PM

This one is a real winner! Just take a look at the bunch of positive reviews on the BFG forum. The graphics, especially of characters, are amazing for this price level. Our hero is a Keanu Reeves look-a-like. There are 24 chapters, and I estimate my final playing time to be 5 hours+. It's light fun, and one of the best in a month or so. Be sure to at least try the demo.

Robertson
Posted By: menahune

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 04:24 PM

I like this one ... and I'll probably buy it. There are a couple credits in my account to be used up. I thought that was Keanu Reeves too. The butler is pretty cute with his bow tie.

I was wondering how long the game was before I bought it, so thanks, Robertson, for your comments. There are lots of places that make me smile, and I'm ready for light and easy.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 04:29 PM

If you liked Magic Academy 2, you will like this game: cute, goofy, and fun. It looks to be a pretty long game as well.

I bought it. smile
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/10 05:54 PM

Just bought it. It's very interactive, funny characters,and not too hard puzzles. I played the first couple of chapters of 24 chapters in about 20 minutes, but the first chapter is pretty short, kinda more of an introduction. Love the main character, the funny butler and a maid with piercings and an ipod. Nice change of pace from other games.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/10 07:24 PM

Hi, Ana!

I picked this one up yesterday after playing the demo and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!. So far, it's taken me about 4 hours to play the first 12 chapters so, unless the second half of the game is a lot shorter, it should take me about 8 hours altogether.

I'm loving the storyline and the characters, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Susan
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/10 07:35 PM

Okay, you all sold me. I'll have to download this one tonight. lol
Posted By: thracia

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 12:22 AM

I liked, and bought this game too. I also thought the main character looked like Keanu Reeves(one of my favorite actors, he's just to cute),although the voice is all wrong. I love watching the butlers eyes move. They roll around his headcrazy

thracia
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 01:13 AM

I bought the game after 2 minutes of playing it. This game is fantastic and a nice long one I am on chapt 21 now. I love that it has voices all the way through the game. I love the storyline, I will truly hate to see the game end. Puzzles can be skipped hints refill quickly. I give the game 10 stars if I could. I want more games like this. Ok just dropped in to say that,if anyone is not happy it sure isn't me. Congrats BFG for another great game.
Posted By: cris53

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 01:17 AM

It seems like I am on my own in not wanting this. It seems contrary to HOG rules to be encouraged to "click" on EVERYTHING in sight to find the active spots. We are usually penalized for such over-exuberant behaviour. I'll pass. Shame really, I enjoy a long game and you all gave such glowing reviews. Horses for courses!( as for the hero....Keanu Reeves???? more like Jim Reeves) Only teasing!

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 03:07 AM

Hi, cris53!

Did you play the demo, or are you just going by the comments you've read here? The reason you have to click on pretty well everything is because cupboard doors and curtains can be opened, and some objects can be moved to reveal items you are searching for while others are out in the open in plain sight.

If you have played the demo and decided that the game just isn't for you, ignore my previous comments lol !

Susan
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 01:13 PM

Just finished this amazing game and loved every minute of playing. I enjoyed the good natured atmosphere, humor, the looks and voices of the characters, especially the butler's. It was fun looking for the objects not in the still but in the interactive enviroment. I liked the fresh twist of the authors in the vampires story - to use their bites with the right type of blood to cure a illness. lol Thanks to Nevosoft and BFG for bringing this game to us. bravo
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 02:36 PM

One of the many things I love about this game is not penalized in clicking to see if window open statue opens mouth etc. I love games not knowing what surprise happens when you click on it. Puzzles are fun but skippable also. No way main character looks like Jim Carey! The maid is different looking. Voice overs fantastic, A lot of game for the few bucks!

I hope the company does more games like this. It is nice balance not too hard you do not need a walk through. I hope other designers will follow this example. I am bored and do not buy straight hogs anymore. I want to use objects found, Sweeny Todd is a good example also,like Dire. Voices done well, plenty of inter activiy make this a fun game for instance finding scissors to cut pictures or cloth, hint system so you never get stuck.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 06:10 PM

Thanks Ana, this is a great game. I'm really enjoying it. I'm a little behind on my games and I wasn't going to download anymore till I got caught up but I really got sold on this one. happydance
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/10 08:16 PM

Ditto to all the good comments. I was going to post about the Keanu Reeves lookalike, but, a lot of people agree.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/19/10 02:50 AM

I'm enjoying the game, but wish it were a bit "darker." And, oh my, the cleavage!!

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/19/10 03:37 AM

Hi, Draclvr!

shame ! You're bad lol !

When I downloaded the demo, I was expecting a darker game as well, but I must admit that I enjoyed it immensely and got a big kick out of the characters (especially the butler and Rover). For some strange reason, I didn't even notice the cleavage wink !

Susan
Posted By: jody319

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/19/10 04:37 PM

I thought it was a hoot and I enjoyed playing it. Luckily (at least for me) the mini-games were a little more difficult as the game ran on but not so hard as to cause me any angst. It was worth the dough...characters especially!

Jody (cleavage, what cleavage rah )
Posted By: ramona

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/10 03:02 AM

Oh my gosh, I downloaded the game because of the good reviews I saw here and it my freebie game. I totally agree, the main character totally looks like Keanu Reeves lol Ok, now to play for a little to see what all the fuss is about happydance
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/27/10 12:04 PM

This game was a total HOOT!
Looked @ the Demo & bought straight away,
like I always do if it seems a good one.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Voices instead of just captioned,
quite a colorful cast,
and definitely not boring!
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/28/10 04:04 PM

I liked the game for all the reasons listed above, but the system used for saving a game was annoying to me. Unlike other casual games,this game only saved at the end of each chapter. If a person chose to exit before that, then the entire chapter needed to replayed. That certainly wasn't a positive in my mind and I hope isn't going to be a regular feature in upcoming casual games.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/28/10 04:23 PM

I agree about the save system, Cappy. Being able to only save at the end of a chapter seems to apply to every Nevosoft game I have played and also seems to be a "feature" specific to their games, as offhand I can't think of other games of this genre where this is the way things are set up. I don't think you need to worry that this is going to become a regular occurrence.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/28/10 07:29 PM

I would prefer something to let me know what to click on - random clicking gets tiresome.

The saving only at the end of a chapter doesn't bother me mainly because I already know what to do when I start again.

I love the butler!
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/28/10 07:55 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, Marian, and the tip about Nevosoft games.
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/03/10 08:47 PM

"Sir, grab the spiders, and let's hurry to the boiler room."

That's one great line among many delivered with perfect aplomb. The scripting and voiceovers are superb in this game.

I didn't like "Magic Academy" enough to finish it; however, I am playing this game with gusto despite the annoying non-save feature. The voice acting is superior to that in most full blown adventure games, as are the amusing character graphics, for example, the maid with facial piercings. The actor doing Glenfield created an entrancing world weary butler. I hope he gets the Casual Game Best Supporting Actor award and look forward to hearing him in other parts.

I wonder how Nevosoft got such top of the line voice actors when other games of all types have such trouble?

I edited this post to mention that Alt+Tab ameliorates the non-save problem if you don't mind having Vampireville on the desktop. Then I started pondering the differences in voice acting quality after reading Jane Jensen's recent interview.
Posted By: ramona

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/04/10 04:55 PM

I just finished this one last night and it was fun and the acting was spot on. I hope the developers will make more games. My only minor gripe was not being able to save in the middle of a chapter which is a minor gripe since the chapters were short.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/23/10 06:43 PM

I originally posted to ask for help but I finally solved it.

Not saving until end of chapters is common with casual games.

I enjoyed the game except for those solitaire games.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 01:57 PM

I just installed this game yesterday and finished it about 5 min. ago. It was great. I'm really glad I bought this one. Well worth playing again.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Vampireville - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/10 03:31 PM

Agree Tammy. This was a really fun game. The gameplay is a bit more interesting than others. Not as much hog as interactive. Fun story too and mini games aren't too difficult. Plenty of bang for your game bucks.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community