GB HOMEPAGE

Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 01:49 PM

Todays game for Club Members , tomorrows game for all.

You can download Column of the Maya here.

Quote:
A tragic mistake leaves a young archeologist shunned, but when her famous Grandfather is kidnapped, only Sarah can save him and outwit the handsome mercenary hot on her trail! Solve challenging puzzles and explore ancient Mayan ruins, remote jungles, and perilous burial chambers in this fast-paced Hidden Object adventure! Dive into excitement in the Column of the Maya!

Solve challenging puzzles
Scour gorgeous scenes
Explore the Mayan ruins!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 02:26 PM

The artist is very good, but in HOG scenes it helps if the objects look like we would expect them to. This type of art is good for paintings where you use your imagination to recognize objects... but not in HOGS. Just my opinion. I found the objects hard to recognize.

I used a clue and still couldn't recognize what it was.

I didn't play long because I got frustrated... but I also didn't care for the somewhat off color conversation between the male and female at the beginning... it has no place in games like this, if you ask me.

However... some of you may love this game. I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder. Despite my opinion, I hope it sells well, because I love Big Fish smile

It's definitely worth trying the demo and seeing for yourself.

I'll pass on this one.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 02:43 PM

Oh no! Another grandfather kidnapped! Downloading the demo... smile
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 02:45 PM

Hmmmmm....."fast paced"....does that mean timed?
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 04:01 PM

Agree with NYLady. I was so excited when I saw the file size for this game. Figure it'll be well-worth my money. WRONG! After 15 mins. of the demo, I'd made up my mind that this one isn't worth my time. Graphics are boring. Dialogue between characters adds nothing to the game despite trying to be "edgy". As far as fast-paced, not timed. But IMO gameplay is awkward and not particularly intuitive. Most objects are either too small or undefined to be recognizable. Hints recharge rather quickly. But it's no fun playing a HOG if you have to use Hints for half the objects.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Column of the Maya - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/18/10 04:36 PM

I agree with NYLady and Sparkle. I passed on this one.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community