GB HOMEPAGE

Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/21/10 01:47 PM

You can download Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
The ruins of the opera house stand as a tomb to unrequited love. Though long abandoned, an undying ghost still wanders its halls, plotting the return of his heart’s desire. Discover the history that haunts the opera house and face all of its challenges. Confront the man behind the mask and complete the final act in Mystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera, a fantastic Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus quest and gameplay
Integrated Strategy Guide
Original Novel
Classic love story
Gorgeous gameplay

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: GBC

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/21/10 02:57 PM

Played the demo. Game is excellent. Has everything a good IHOG should have. Puzzles can be skipped. Hints replenish, creepy music and really great graphics and good story. Looks to be easily worth the price of the Collector's Edition but I have too many games yet to finish so I'm holding out for this one for the future.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/21/10 03:44 PM

Hi, Ana!

I downloaded the demo from Playpond's website and loved it, so I'll be picking it up from BFG for $6 less and 3 punch card credits.

Susan
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/21/10 08:17 PM

I've so far played the demo for about 40 mins. It's a lovely game, I've only come across two similar puzzles so far that don't insult your intelligence too much but I won't be buying it soon! The reason being is that it has too many 'adventure' elements which prevent it from flowing along as easily as some other IHogs - in that case I'd rather invest my time in an AG. But I can see that this is a wonderful game that many players will love! (which I might buy one day!) smile
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/22/10 02:20 PM

I am liking this game a lot so far! Not difficult. thumbsup
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/22/10 03:41 PM

I bought it yesterday. Played the whole game, except for the bonus part, and loved it. Sures gives you the run-around to the different rooms and levels.
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/22/10 06:24 PM

This game looks pretty good. "The Phantom of the Opera" is probably my all time favorite musical stage production. I've seen it 14 times. (slightly ahead of "Fiddler on the Roof", but not by much) The voice-overs leave a bit to be desired. I was hoping to hear the "Music of the Night" from the stage play, but I guess copywriting etc. comes into play.
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/24/10 08:19 PM

Just finished the game and bonus game. It's a great game. Excellent graphics. I'd recommend this game!!!! Teddo
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 11:38 AM

I really like the game - but I am stuck and the strategy guide isn't helping me cry

I cannot reach the black knight I am being told to get in the prop room because I cannot reach the prop room duh

I have pretty much finished the first level and am in the great hall with the door in the middle being stuck - how do I "unstuck" it to move on please? help
Posted By: Redz

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 12:04 PM

Raylin, you have to get through the Powder Room first. I forget how, maybe it's a black rose?? Anyway, once you do that you will have access to the prop room. Good Luck!

Joan wave

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 01:39 PM

Thanks Joan! I have been to the Powder Room and broke through to that back room - you remember right - I had to get & give a black rose.

If I don't go through the "stuck door" can you tell me how to reach the prop room? Since the strategy guide tells me to go to the prop room - there has to be a way duh

**Ok, I did miss the stone which broke the window so now I have 2 Canopic jars and 2 symbol cards - maybe a nudge what to do with them please? I am not getting any ! on my map and the only help in the guide is where to find the black knight. thanks

P.S. I also have a screwdriver, nail clippers and a bug jar in my inventory. Did I miss something?
Posted By: Redz

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 05:00 PM

Raylin, I'm really not sure what's next. You do have to travel alot. My suggestion would be to retrace your steps and you may come across another HO game. The other thing is as you go into each room hit the hint button instead of the guide. She will either tell you there is nothing at the moment or point out something you missed. luck

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 06:47 PM

Thanks Redz!

I did that - so far nothing pops. I will think on it while I play another game.

Pity there is no w/t with the strategy guide.

Worst case scenario, I will wait until the regular version is released with the w/t blog.

**edit: slapforehead I feel so stupid! I went back to the powder room for the nth time and again ran my mouse everywhere in the spy booth - this time I found the arrow for understage! Sheesh! thanks I feel dumb!
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/25/10 10:11 PM

Thanks, Ana!

This is an awesome game! My daughter and I are really enjoying this one very much thumbsup

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/26/10 08:45 PM

Well! I played the last 20 minutes of the demo & just had to keep going. It's one of the best casual game I've played & looking forward to the sequel! laugh

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/26/10 09:28 PM

The game really is fabulous! I can understand why HOG players are turned off by all the back & forthing - but this is nothing new to adventure gamers rotfl

I am in the bonus game now - needed time for a breather!

Sequel? I never heard sequel? happydance
Posted By: willie

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/28/10 01:08 AM

' Slim 17 Ray'', Games E-Mail me??. When you have time. ''WILLIE''

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/28/10 01:27 AM

Willie, I sent her a message in case she misses this.

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/28/10 01:59 PM

Would you believe I finished this game before I learned that if you hover the mouse over the item it shows you what it looks like slapforehead

I was in the bonus game when I discovered it rotfl

Thanks Ana, I sent willie a PM.

wave Linda

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/28/10 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: raylinstephens
Sequel? I never heard sequel? happydance

When the game ends it does say 'to be continued...' so I took that to mean that there would be a sequel! lol

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/28/10 05:34 PM

If I could miss the fact that it showed the items when hovering the mouse - I can and obviously did miss the "to be continued.." rotfl

Great great game! Definitely 2 thumbsup
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/29/10 12:30 AM

An "ok" game for me. I was a bit disappointed with some of the HOG items being so small... toothpick, thumbtack etc. Very hard to find. I'm still doing the demo but so far both the mini games were basically the same type.

I hope it gets better. I'm not a big fan of horror stories or Halloween so that may color my opinion greatly.

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/29/10 01:37 AM

If you hover your mouse over the item in the list, it will show you the outline - it does help some to know what you are looking for.

But this is basically an adventure lite ihog so unless you are ok with a lot of trekking, it might not be your cup of tea.

I loved it happydance but there are plenty of games I don't like.

Keep having fun!
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/31/10 09:28 PM

Any idea if this will released as a regular edition? I have a lot of BigFish credits built up, and don't want to spend more to get this game.

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/31/10 09:46 PM

They are all released as regular editions appx. 3 weeks after the collectors edition.

Ana wave
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 10/31/10 09:48 PM

Thanks Ana hearts
Posted By: GBC

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/01/10 11:53 AM

Changed my mind. Couldn't wait three weeks. Bought the CE. This is a super game. rah

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/01/10 11:55 AM

I don't think you'll be disappointed Gail! This was a great game! The Bonus play was equally great!
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/01/10 04:19 PM

I usually don't go for the Collector Editions but I had to have this one..........I'm not sorry. My one and only complaint is that it ended frown
It really is AWESOME! thumbsup

~ Carol
Posted By: ramona

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/03/10 01:40 AM

I just got it and I love it. The graphics, storyline and puzzles so far have been really good. I am glad I picked it up.
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/04/10 01:02 AM

okay...very blonde g'ma question here....
I never play the demos.
Just go by my gut instincts and am seldom wrong.
My query is this:
If you do play the demo,
then decide to purchase,
do you have to re-start at the beginning?

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/04/10 01:09 AM

If you let the time run down to the end and you are then given the option to buy, I have had some that continue where you left off, others you had to restart. I have never had to restart if I bought it before the hour ran out.

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/04/10 01:12 AM

Rarely will you have to start over. It runs in my mind there was one game - but most just pick up wherever you left off.
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 11/04/10 11:54 PM

Kool, thanks yall
did it again tho, bought w/o demo...LOL
Posted By: CCRider088

Re: Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Now on BigFish - 03/04/11 05:00 AM

Just finished the CE and I really would recommend this game. The Visuals, Ambiance, Voice Acting (especially the Phantom's VA), Story, and Music were all top notch.

However, like everyone else, I really hope they do a sequel. The ending definitely implies one might be coming and there are too many unanswered questions within the story:

Click to reveal..
How did Evelina get from reading that letter in the beginning of the game to being in the opera house? Where are Raoul and Christine? What does the Phantom's face look behind his mask in this version? Does Evelina, being fairly resourceful, ever escape? frown
I also really wanted to explore other areas of the opera house like the auditorium, the opera stage, the catwalks, the sewers, and the catacombs beneath the Paris Opera.

So hopefully they will do a sequel and not leave us hanging indefinitely. wink But overall, I definitely recommend this game, especially to other POTO fans.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community