GB HOMEPAGE

wild tangent

Posted By: my10rugrats

wild tangent - 11/28/10 01:33 AM

is this a safe site . its on hubby's laptop in games folder and has a few games that i would like to play
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: wild tangent - 11/28/10 02:15 AM

I do not recommend them. They install web beacons (clear gifs) on your computer which tracks your web usage to let them know your interests.

Ana wave
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: wild tangent - 11/28/10 02:17 AM

thanks ana
Posted By: family

Re: wild tangent - 11/29/10 10:28 PM

i wish i have seen this eariler i brought three games from them.
Posted By: looney

Re: wild tangent - 11/30/10 03:52 AM

I bought the game FATE, boxed and I bought sequels too, do you think they install the nasty tracking stuff from the discs too? shocked

I'm very impressed that you read the EULA's Ms Ana! I don't have the patience to read and try to understand all the gobblydegook so -- thank you!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: wild tangent - 11/30/10 04:13 AM

I read from every site I download from or order from. If I really want to buy something for a site with tracking coolies, I just order and clean the cookie off when done, unfortunately with games, you will keep the cookies as long as you have the game installed and then clean it all off.

You can check my running malwarebytes or spybot or adaware to see if it comes up. Wild tangent will usually show up as spyware.

Ana wave
Posted By: family

Re: wild tangent - 11/30/10 03:44 PM

i never had problems with games on this site. i demo escape from frankstein's castle the books disappear, the ghost one with the old man i had a hard time finding the closlet andalice in wonderland i had to restart the game all this on big fish. i will still buy from big fish, but they have glicthy games sometimes. the ghost with the old man is mishap something.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community