GB HOMEPAGE

I am confused!

Posted By: Happy Gamer

I am confused! - 12/01/10 02:29 PM

Yesterday I got up the nerve to try Amazon download games though BF is my one and only...I could never get the game to download and instead it froze my computer over and over...I had to finally unplug the tower which I know is awful...very frustrating. Anyway, does anyone know what are the most current updates for Acrobat and Adobe and why are their names connected over at google? There are so many versions of these "readers"...my computer told me my Adobe link on my task bar was no longer viable...is "free" out the door for these products? HELP!

Happy
Posted By: traveler

Re: I am confused! - 12/01/10 02:59 PM

Happy Gamer,

I don't know the answer to your problem with Amazon, but the Adobe Reader is free. Go here to download it.

Adobe makes Acrobat so that's why their names are connected. But if all you need is a .pdf reader, you don't need Acrobat.

Gil.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I am confused! - 12/01/10 03:15 PM

Happy, you are likely looking for the latest flash or shockwave player which is also an Adobe product.

You can download the latest versions here.
If you play games (online or some downloads) Flash and shockwave are good things to keep updated.

Ana wave

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 12:50 AM

Thanks guys....I do try to keep my Adobe,etc updated never having problems downloading anything. I downloaded Flash and Shockwave but to no avail....my computer froze again. So folks beware of Amazon maybe.

Happy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 12:57 AM

THanks for the headsup Happy! Sorry you are having troubles with them.

Ana wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 01:03 AM

I just downloaded 3 games from Amazon on my Windows 7 computer and didn't have any issues at all.
Posted By: GBC

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 01:11 AM

I download from Amazon with no problems also.

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 02:17 PM

...must be my computer then...bummer! Glad for you guys though.
Posted By: menahune

Re: I am confused! - 12/02/10 06:26 PM

happy gamer - I had same problem with freezing when downloading Flash or Shockwave - repeatedly tried and with endless and unsuccessful communication with BigFish - finally just gave up and I don't try those any more

hmmm ... I'm going to look at Amazon now

Janice
© 2024 GameBoomers Community