GB HOMEPAGE

I musr leave Big Fish games

Posted By: Kootsie

I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 03:43 PM

Unfortunately, I keep getting error messages on my Game Manager and have tried all the fixes available and which are suggested. The message I keep getting is drmactivator has stopped working...or error code messages on attempting to open games after Game Manager is downloaded.

This is a recent problem but persists through all my attempts to remedy.
insane
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 03:47 PM

I think your best bet is to contact BF customer service. Sorry you are having issues.

Ana
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 03:57 PM

Yes I have done that Ana but to no avail. They tell me to reinstall everything to do with Big Fish and I have...still have the problem.

Today I will attempt a live chat and if that doesnt help...well as I said...will have to terminate my membership.
Posted By: Marian

Re: I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 04:04 PM

I googled this and it seems to be a problem that is affecting some Vista users. Someone got things working again by uninstalling Service Pack 2, but that hardly seems an optimal solution.

I hope Live Chat is able to assist you! luck
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 04:19 PM

Have you tried this fix from Big Fish Support?

Big Fish Support
Posted By: Marian

Re: I musr leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 04:22 PM

Thanks, Draclvr--I saw that too, but assumed that Big Fish had already tried this. It's a good idea to never assume, though. reindeer
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: I must leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 05:09 PM

I too have had problems with the game manager. Every time that I pause it either restarts the download from 0 or it skips ahead quite a way. Either way I lose everything. I have had this problem for years. I took BFG's advice on how to fix the problem repeatedly but nothing ever works. So I only download smaller files (130mb's or less) so that I can download without having to pause. My ISP kicks me off line after 8 hours and then I lose everything.My computer is older (2005) and I have windows XP. I don't know if this is causing the problem. If I could only pause a download without losing any progress then it would be fine. So I usually wind up buying a backup disk if available which pushes my game purchases up to around $13.00. But I still think that BFG is the greatest game site out there! I am a loyal customer!(Spintop comes in a close second) wave12
Posted By: tigger

Re: I must leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 07:54 PM

I use bigfish with windows 7 and have to date had no probs. D/l'd large file games and smaller ones with no probs.

I do know they have had a lot of upgrades to their system recently and some glitches with the cost of games to non US customers.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: I must leave Big Fish games - 12/28/10 10:07 PM

She had just mentioned reinstalling, so wasn't sure! This issue seems to be specific to Vista with SP2.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community