GB HOMEPAGE

Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 02:47 PM

Todays game for Club Members , tomorrows game for all.

You can download Eternal Night: Realm of Souls here.

Quote:
When the sun sets on ancient Egypt for seven long days, the Pharaoh calls on a hero to reopen the passage to the Land of the Dead to face the gods themselves! As the Chosen One, explore ghostly underworlds and sunken temples on your search for relics and clues! Employ alchemy and spells as you solve intricate puzzles composed in stars, ancient hieroglyphics, and more in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls!

Incredible gameplay
Perplexing puzzles
Rescue Egypt from darkness!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 03:08 PM

First thing I noticed about this game was the file download size for this game; it's a whopper for a casual game, and especially considering it's not a CE.

I've only played the demo for a half an hour so far but am quite impressed with the game. This game requires quite a bit of thought and the first puzzle I encountered was neat. smile

No technical problems for me. I'm on Windows XP SP3 and have a decent video card and 2 GB of RAM. I would strongly urge that all try before buying, though, as I think there's a good chance that this game might not perform well on older computers.

I will also add that I'm very glad the walkthrough is up (thank you, Ana!) but hope that I won't need to use it too often. grin
Posted By: MaG

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 03:17 PM

Ah, maybe now I can play this game.

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:03 PM

I have XP SP3 also but I don't think I have enough memory to have the game running and also connect to the internet, in order to see the walkthrough, it causes problems with the game.

So, in order to see the walkthrough and not have so much memory used, I selected page on upper toolbar and selected send page by e-mail, and the walkthrough comes up in an e-mail.

That way all I have open is an e-mail and not the whole internet explorer.

Seems to work, for now.
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:21 PM

Ana, please help me. I need the water breathing stone and do not know where to get it. I have the other things but need this.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:35 PM

Is this the blue charm stone, carlahelp?

If so:

Click to reveal..
Click on the music note on the statue of the dolphin (after you have fixed the other statue with the harp string).

I haven't gotten this far into the game yet, so if this isn't what you were asking about, let's wait for Ana or someone else who can help. wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:49 PM

No hon. I have that already. I also have the dried flowers and the coral. But still need the breathing stone. thanks.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:51 PM

Okay, that was a stab in the dark anyway. We will just have to wait. smile

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 04:56 PM

carla, you need to click on the water breathing circle around the scarab in the lower right to see the ingredient list for the water breathing charm so you can see what you are missing. You won't find the spell, you have to make it.

Ana wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 05:00 PM

How do I make it with what I've got? I have a list of things but the only things it shows I need is the coral, dried flowers blue stone but not the water breathing charm.

I got it Ana. I clicked on the scarab and the test came right up. Thanks a lot.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 05:07 PM

THe water breathing charm is not something you find. It is made automatically when you collect all the ingredients. THere is a blue stone (not a water breathing stone) that you need.

You can see that stone here in the walkthrough screenshot. You need to complete the harp first and get the the fish to sing.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 05:44 PM

I am now going on with the game thanks to you. I clicked on the scarab and I went right to the task. Thank you.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 05:49 PM

Excellent! When the scarab glows blue you completed the charm. Have fun, I really enjoyed this game.

Ana wave
Posted By: menahune

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 05:59 PM

Flo - I copy a few (or all) the pages of the walkthru to MS Word - that way I can have the game and the walkthru running at the same time. It has the extra advantage of being able to use 'search' to look for something specific

I have a question about the Windows key - is it the same as AltTab? some games send up a warning that AltTab may cause 'issues'. If so, would the Windows key have the same effect?

I hate that word 'issues' - is it a euphemism for problems? If so, why don't they just say 'problems'?

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 06:28 PM

Alt/Tab is different from the windows key. On your keyboard in between the ctrl and alt there should be a key with a windows logo on it.

They do two different functions so the reaction is usually different. If one causes trouble it does not necessarily mean the other does.

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 06:59 PM

Thanks Ana, Great game! great puzzles! It's a challenging and interesting game. I like it lot. rah
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 07:34 PM

I played the game again (the BF one) and my mouse still froze a few times, not as much as the Namco version of it.

I checked the forum and a lot of people are having the same problem. As least I know it's not just MY computer. I hope they can fix this.
Posted By: Johnnycowgirl

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/17/11 11:21 PM

I did the beta on this one and loved it, couldn't wait for it to come out. Only thing I seem to have noticed, I have reached the spinx and you can't go back to previous bits and maybe you're not supposed to but I could in all the bit's previously? Just puzzled anyway I have picked up the grasshoppers leg and the scorpion and the red charm stone and I realised the disc on the scarab in the bottom right corner hasn't lit up, I thought it shouldbe glowing by now or am I wrong? I have the walkthrough but it doesn't actually say. Also I am unable to move on the Task thingy says activate the strength charm which I can't and I need to put the leg back on the grasshopper. Any clues?

Update: SPOILER
Don't you just love it, the moment you ask the question you start to solve it.
Guess you don't need to go back further than the spinx, I went back to the two doors available to me then back to the middle where I put the fly and the 'recipe' was on the floor in front of the middle door. I am now feeling silly and all of my 58 years. lol
Happy gaming
Inge

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 12:22 AM

Glad you found it. THe walkthrough does state when to activate each charm when it's time to use it.

Ana wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 12:48 AM

I've always used the Windows key, haven't tried alt/tab. I know some games won't work with Windows key.

I tried copying to Word, but it didn't seem to want to work. Maybe because I was trying to copy the whole walkthrough.

I'm going to see if alt/tab works better.
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Tammy64
I played the game again (the BF one) and my mouse still froze a few times, not as much as the Namco version of it.

I couldn't even get the BF version to load. It froze on the menu screen. The Namco version loaded with no problems. And I haven't noticed the cursor sticking yet.

Odd.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 02:56 AM

Curiouser and curiouser. woozy
Posted By: OldMan44

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 03:31 AM

Flo,

I copy the Walkthrus to MS Word all the time, it just takes a few minutes, depending on the size of the Walkthru. You may have noticed that when you switch to the page that has the walkthru on it; it will take a minute or two for it to display (while it loads all of the screen shots). Well the same thing happens while it is being copied into Word. You can hold down the shift key while you left click at the beginning of the part you want to copy and then scroll down to where it ends (keeping the shift key held down) and left click again. That will highlight all of what you want. You can then right click anywhere in the highlighted text and select copy from the menu that pops up. Left click in an open MS Word blank document and press Crtl-V (the two keys together). You may get a message from Word telling you that you are coping a number of different styles and do you want to use normal instead; just click yes and it will copy just fine.

The Walkthrus are my saftey-net! Often just knowing I have one to fall back on gives me that little extra push to solve the puzzle on my own. Usually when I buy a game I get a copy of the Walkthru at the same time. Have also found that reading the general information given at the beginning of the Walkthru is more helpful to me than those given (or NOT given) by the game itself. Just some thoughts from an "old" man.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 03:05 PM

Thanks, I'll remeber that for the next time.

I did manage to copy all the text from my e-mail and paste to Word. No pictures, but if I need a picture I'll go to the site.

So, now I have a printed WT in case I need a nudge in the right direction. I can play the game without any problems because it's the only thing running.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 05:06 PM

Oh dear. No problem installing but as soon as I pass the screen that says Big Fish I get spooky music - and a black screen.
Is it the game ? I updated all my bits & bobs for Dire Grove so I know I am up to date with drivers etc

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 05:25 PM

I think there is something in the BF version that is not in the publisher's download and that something is causing problems. Which explains why BF technical support is unlikely to be able to solve the problem.

Or maybe there is some other explanation.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 06:13 PM

Oh, so not me then ? Shame, the game screenshots look great.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 06:24 PM

Game's fun. Downloaded a working copy from Namco.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/18/11 11:24 PM

This is a gorgeous game - the graphics are quite marvelous - such a shame there's so much trouble with freezing

I'm with a fraction of an inch of finishing - can't get to the constellations screen. It's taken a lot of patience - close down, try again, and repeat --- I'm still going to get to that last bit

My theory is that it just needs a bit of time to rest - also that little gremlin on the opening screen - he might be doing it

Janice
Posted By: kjos

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 12:32 AM

I got the game from Namco and played it two times and not a bit of trouble,ran perfect.
Richard

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 12:33 AM

I just finished this great game and I loved it.

Tigre, I couldn't have done it without your help and walktrough. Thank you.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 12:37 AM

Ana's walkthroughs are super. thumbsup I'm really glad that you enjoyed the game so much, carlahelp. happydance

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 01:14 AM

I got my gane from BigFish and it flawless. I think it's very difficult to make them run on all OS's and setup that everyone has. Especially since we all have different software unstalled etc. I personally find it amazing that these programs run on as many computers as they do.

thanks Carla and Marian.

Menahune, I hope you can get it to the end. How frustrating.

MrLipid, glad yours is working now.

Ana wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 02:00 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I am finding this game confusing.

thracia

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 02:11 AM

What are you stuck on thracia?

Ana wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 06:09 PM

Well, I did a very stupid thing. I got myself all excited reading about how so many people thought this was a really good game, so I bought the game outright without first test driving the demo.

Its just not working for me - once again the mouse is at best very sluggish, and at worst just freezes, and you cant even change the cursor in this game.

I do hope they release a fix soon for this game - otherwise I have wasted my money cry

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Rosaboobie
I do hope they release a fix soon for this game - otherwise I have wasted my money cry

Not really. You can tell them the game is not playable on your system and you would like a game credit. smile

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:12 PM

Thanks, MrLipid, but I will wait just a while longer to see if this fix ever gets released before I ask for a credit.

I have contacted BFG support twice in the past week on completely different issues, and these poor people admit to being completely swamped by customers' emails just now - its taking them about 72 hours to reply back, which is not like them at all. I think its these game glitches which are the problem for them.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:20 PM

I am doubtful if there will be a fix, but that is just me. smile

(I suspect the problem has to do with DRM and not actual game code.)

After downloading the BFG demo and having it fail, I just went to Namco and got a problem-free copy.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:25 PM

But did you have to pay for this game twice??

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:30 PM

No, I downloaded the demo from BFG and the demo (trial version) failed to load. That's when I went to Namco.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 10:38 PM

Hi Ana, I am stuck on everythinglol I am findig the interface confusing. I don't know what I am looking for, what to do next, or how to procede. When I played the 1st ho with the missing parts of the picture, I never found one thing, I just kept clicking over and over until I accidently got one. I have played these games for years, and have never had such a hard time of it.

thracia

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 10:54 PM

lol I have had games like that. Have you tried using the walkthrough for a bit to get you used to how it goes and then you can finish on your own. I really enjoyed the game, the scenes were such fun to look at all the details they put in.

Ana wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/20/11 02:55 AM

I will keep at it, maybe it will get easier as I go along.crazy

thracia

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/20/11 03:02 AM

luck Just remember that you can roam various rooms before you find everything, so if something does not work like a puzzle, or you can't find or reach an item, just move on. It all falls together before the next chapter.

Ana wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/20/11 05:10 AM

I know exactly what you mean, thracia. I think this interface just takes a bit of getting used to - Keep at it, girl lol
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/20/11 01:17 PM

I agree Boobie and thracia. It took me all of the 1st Chapter to understand how the game played. After that is was still challenging and so much fun. I will definitely replay this game in a few months.

Thankfully the game ran great on my computer.

Kate
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 04:28 PM

Now I regret buying this game. Gameplay is way too slow. When you move from one environment to another loading takes too long. Maybe I shouldn't have started this one after finishing "13th Skull". Difference is quality is just too vast.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 05:06 PM

I didn't have any issues on my computer on load times. It was quite smooth on my computer.
Sorry you don't like it. Maybe you just need to update something on your computer.

Ana wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 05:09 PM

The game ran smoothly for me too. Loading times are probably dependent on the amount of RAM in our computers, processor speed, etc., and thus our mileage may vary. wave

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 09:56 PM

I've got a new HP with 6GB memory and 1TB hard drive. 64 bit OS (Windows 7) and AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor, 2.80 Ghz. Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9100.

My husband (resident IT professional) says I should have plenty of capability. No problems with most other games. Maybe I'm just being impatient. The game isn't that exciting as it is. Fun, but not very sophisticated in comparison to a lot of others I've played. I'm still going to finish the game. Just wouldn't recommend it to others.

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 10:02 PM

Well, that certainly blows my theory to smithereens. lol

Re: Eternal Night: Realm of Souls - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 10:44 PM

Ha! Now that I think about it, I may not have been clear about what my problem was. I mainly had the slow load problem when I backtracked in the game to a previous environment.

Just finished the game and still have to say I wouldn't recommend it. Way too short.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community