GB HOMEPAGE

Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 12:41 PM

You can download Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Welcome to a town where something that should not exist runs free; where a desperate wife will risk her beating heart to find her husband; and where a terrible secret lies buried behind an orphanage. Search for clues, solve puzzles, and unlock new areas as you visit spine-chilling locations, play stimulating mini-games and locate Hidden Objects. Stray Souls – A Dollhouse Mystery will take you to a dark and spooky world!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus prequel chapter
Concept art
Incredible soundtrack
Wonderful wallpapers

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 12:50 PM

I've played the demo. Looks good. I'll buy. I've been playing in Casual mode. Hints are plentiful and come rapidly. Teddo
Posted By: GBC

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 02:04 PM

Thanks Ana, great game! I was sold just watching the video. Graphics are good. Story is good. Items are not difficult to find and interaction is plenty. thumbsup
Posted By: Marian

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 02:38 PM

Great-looking game so far. There are morphing objects to find, as well! wave

I also noticed that the developers are the same folks who did the series of Natalie Brooks games. smile
Posted By: sleuth62

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 06:11 PM

Just finished the demo and really like it. A mystery,spooky music and the HO are not too hard to find. It looks to be a good game. Am going to get it.
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 06:14 PM

Has anyone had a problem losing control of the cursor in a hidden object part?

Robert

edit: it looks like it's related to a video problem because the images in another area are choppy.

Any thoughts?

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/10/11 06:49 PM

I'm not experiencing those problems. Have you checked to make sure that Adobe Flash, Shockwave, and your video drivers are updated? Otherwise, I would ask Big Fish Customer Support about it. wave
Posted By: lazydaisy

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 06:57 AM

Sometimes turning custom cursor off helps with problems if that is an option in this game.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: lazydaisy
Sometimes turning custom cursor off helps with problems if that is an option in this game.

A good suggestion. I'm pretty sure that I noticed that with this particular game the custom cursor was off by default, but often that is not the case. wave
Posted By: kozykat60

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 01:55 PM

Is there a walkthrough for this game? I'm real interested in this game tool.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 02:25 PM

The Collector's Edition on Big Fish comes with a built-in strategy guide, but there is also a walkthrough available here. smile

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 08:57 PM

I didn't turn on the custom cursor so I don't think it's that.

I did update everything Marian mentioned but still had the same problem. It doesn't happen right away - usually takes about 5 mintues or more. And now I only have about 3 minutes left on the demo so I won't be able to try any fixes again (unless I buy the game - because of this problem I'm reluctant to do that.)

I sent an e-mail to BigFish but haven't heard back yet - I didn't have time to chat; I may try that later.

Robert

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/11/11 09:08 PM

Let us know what they say, Robert. smile
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/12/11 02:14 AM

I had a chattering cursor at first and found that if I turned the computer off and restarted, it cleared up. Just a suggestion. Teddo
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/16/11 07:46 PM

This game REALLY CREEPED ME OUT! I HATE clowns. Dont know why, but I always have. Maybe one scared me when I was a kid. Dr. Freud are you listening? Good game though.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/16/11 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Gordon
This game REALLY CREEPED ME OUT! I HATE clowns.

Lol! You and George Stobbart. Tell you the truth, I'm not fond of them either.

Gil.
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/16/11 11:51 PM

Gordon, I agree. I've always been afraid of them as well, from the time I was a kid. It was a good game, I agree, but I found it a bit too dark and that the plot really didn't hold together very well. I wish I had just waited for the standard version.

However, I do admit it was my next game after "dying for Daylight," so that may have affected its rating. wink
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/17/11 02:11 AM

Was very 'dark', not very enjoyable for me.
Played it tru because, well dunno, because it cost me $14
or because I hated to quit in the middle???
All I know is I'm ready for a good old fashioned "AG" now...
weary of the 'Macabre'.

Gordon,
I know alot of children are extremely afraid of clowns
and have often wondered if it was the fact their face was hidden,
like with a mask.
Yet, I also know children aren't born with the "Fear" mode installed
they have to learn fear & mistrust.
So the jury is still out on that one, IMHO

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/17/11 02:33 PM

I heard for BFG and they asked for some files for analysis but everything looked ok to them. They then suggested some changes and requested I then try the game again - the problem was I only had 3 minutes left in the demo and BFG could not reset it so I was unable to try it.

At this point I'm not planning to buy the CE for this game.

They did give me a game credit - which I thought was very generous and suggested checking the forum on BFG for this game to see if a new build for the game might be released.

Robert

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/17/11 02:40 PM

That's a shame that you didn't have enough time left in the trial demo to see if the game ran properly now, but I'm glad that you were issued a game credit. When the standard version of Stray Souls comes out, download it and see if the game now runs for you. wave
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/17/11 07:48 PM

I'm an avid reader, but there are only two books that I have read all the way through in one sitting, on was "The Summer of 42" and the other was "It" which was about a "Killer Clown". I was afraid of clowns way before that book, but it just reinforced "The Creep". I am 61, a Viet Nam Veteran (with 2 purple hearts and a bronze star) and I STILL get nervous when I see a clown. Go figure. Can you imagine if I had met John Wayne Gassey face to face? One of us would have died. (probably me, of a heart attack)
Posted By: Linds

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/06/11 01:39 PM

Has anyone any idea when this game will be released in the regular edition?
Thanks,
Susan
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/06/11 02:36 PM

It is usually within a month of the original release. I would guess this week or next.

Ana wave

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/07/11 09:03 PM

Mudrock on Big Fish just announced that the Standard Edition of Stray Souls will be released this week. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 02:57 AM

What's the bonus gameplay like on this one?

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 03:10 AM

Apparently the bonus content in the CE gives you the "prequel" to the main game's storyline. I've read an estimate of 45 minutes to an hour of extra gameplay.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 03:44 AM

That's not bad timewise.
Are the puzzles like the rest of the game?

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 03:59 AM

That, I don't know. Someone else will have to answer that question. smile
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 09:10 PM

Yes, Jenny!

I just played this game recently and really enjoyed it. I thought the Bonus Play was a decent length.

~ Carol

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 09:37 PM

I think I'll get this one and leave Maestro for next month then. Maestro annoyed me when the demo ran out before the hour was up.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/08/11 09:50 PM

Not all demos let you play for an hour anymore; some will just say "try sample version." I'm not sure exactly what the factors are that determine what kind of demo is released for each game.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/11 02:38 AM

Big Fish said I had 14 minutes left, but the game said I'd finished. When games cut me off before the hour is up, I start to suspect they're short games.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/11 03:36 PM

I have yet to have a trial demo cut me off before my hour is up. Perhaps I should conclude from this that I am one of the world's slowest players. Then again, I usually decide whether I want to buy something within about 20 minutes of play, so maybe that's the reason. smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/11 04:17 PM

Slow is beautiful! (I've never had a demo cut me off before an hour either.)

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/11 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
I have yet to have a trial demo cut me off before my hour is up. Perhaps I should conclude from this that I am one of the world's slowest players. Then again, I usually decide whether I want to buy something within about 20 minutes of play, so maybe that's the reason.

I've had 2 do it so far. I think the other one was one of those Edgar Allen Poe games. I assure you that I'm not a particularly fast gamer and I do a lot of poking around when there are places to poke. But I don't like being cut off after 45 minutes when I'm expecting an hour. So Maestro is waiting until next month -- unless a bunch of better games come along, in which case it will wait longer.

Re: Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/10/11 02:07 AM

Maestro was a good length for a CE. I did feel that I got my money's worth. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community