GB HOMEPAGE

If IHOG Adventures were real life

Posted By: thracia

If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 12:26 PM

I was playig my zillionth ihog game and was thinking... if this was real life what would I do. For example, In Maestro Music of Death, I had to break a window, in my possesion was a crowbar, which in real life I just would have used, but no, I had to go and find a brick. There was also a small flower pot with something buried in it. In real life I would have just dug it out with my hands, but no I had to find a trowel.

Any thoughts on what you would do if ihog adventures were real life?( I personally would never pick up a spider).

thracia
Posted By: Becky

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 01:36 PM

I found a child's shoe in a pile of leaves on a footpath a couple of months ago, when the child's parent had searched all over and had been unable to find it. It was just like a Hidden Object challenge. lol

Personally, I feel that if something in inventory could work (like the crowbar), it ought to work. If it doesn't work, I like to hear an explanation (you can more safely break the glass from a distance by throwing something, perhaps).

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 07:09 PM

If IHogs were like real life,I would never even go to most of these places,they are just too creepy. And instead of finding umbrellas and ducks, I would take all the money and jewelry I could carry.

thracia
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 07:22 PM

rotfl

I find it amazing how often I look at something at the side of the road or in a field and think "I can use one of those". lol It cracks me up when reality hits and I remember I am not out to collect things to use later.

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 07:25 PM

I would always wear a large raincoat with lots of pockets..

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 07:38 PM

Quote:
A large raincoat with lots of pockets

To always carry a knife, flashlight and crowbar.And I would still never ever pick up a spider.

thracia
Posted By: Tracy

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 08:44 PM

I love this topic and just have to join in. I feel that same thing all the time, that frustration of, "This item makes sense, WHY won't it work?" I think if HOGs were RL, I'd just grab the nearest thing, smash the nearest window and let myself into the castle/house/police department, etc. lol

I guess though, if things made sense and worked quickly the games would only last for a few minutes, so maybe that's why everything seems so
frustrating; they've probably had to make things very intricate so we'll pay attention and keep on playing.

btw--I was just playing Stray Souls Dollhouse Story and just as I'd finally found something I'd been looking for, my trial period ended. Arrrgh!
(Just another little frustating thing about playing HOGs I had to put out there)

lol

Tracy

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 09:04 PM

I also have to wonder why these people leave all this junk just laying around,waiting for some one to pick through. Don't they want it anymore? Have a garage sale for goodness sake. And, did I mention that I would never pick up a spider.

PS Tracy, I guess you'll just have to buy the game nowlol

thracia
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/19/11 09:33 PM

Quote:

did I mention that I would never pick up a spider.

But that's what the glove was for, wasn't it?

Or you could always whack the spider with a horseshoe. lol

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipa...ipart_image.jpg
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/20/11 12:31 AM

Carol Reed (referred to as HOG on BFG, remember) could go home to get a razor blade or screwdriver or crowbar or cleaning solution then scrape the paint, open the box, trapdoor, or clean the sign. But, no, she won't. She has to find something. She must bill by the hour. I like the games regardless.

I did notice that she made return things, a tidy touch.

The ones that seem silliest are the games that let me use a crowbar and promptly take it away after which I have to find a brick to accomplish the same purpose.

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/20/11 12:52 AM

lolTally Ho
I do that too Anna

thracia
Posted By: Tracy

Re: If IHOG Adventures were real life - 02/20/11 03:08 AM

Thracia--I guess so! LOL And I know it might sound silly because I can tell the designers put alot of work into these games, BUT, I still hate to pay 13.99 for them. Maybe I'll be cheap and wait til it goes down to 6.99 instead. wink

Tracy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community